How do you stay motivated in your work when the other executives are not (i.e.,

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 10 years ago

How do you stay motivated in your work when the other executives are not (i.e., CEO and CFO)?

2. DreamerMeg profile image80
    DreamerMegposted 10 years ago

Your motivation does not depend on them. Motivation has 3 components, passion, energy and ability. Passion is where you LOVE your job. Develop your passion and you will have no problem with motivation. Work on reasons to love your job - not just the money you take home, but the people you work with, the customers you meet, the type of work you do, the contributions you can make, the personal pride you take in the job you do. Any and all of these can be developed to improve your passion and increase your motivation. And how about aiming to TAKE that CEO or CFO job? Work hard enough and you could be the person motivating others.

3. SoundNFury profile image83
    SoundNFuryposted 10 years ago

Let's be real...I am paid hourly so a large motivator is overtime pay!  It makes the long days and nights more worth it for sure.  I believe one should work hard anyway though, basically because I believe in doing the best at whatever one is doing as a way of life.

4. samazi profile image73
    samaziposted 10 years ago

I stay motivated in my work when CEOs and CFOs are demotivated because I am a self starter. The idea that I will be doing the job that I love is enough to motivate me and to keep me going. CEOs and CFOs are unable to stay motivated because they work  according to deadlines and targets whereas myself I  won't be in a hurry to meet any deadlines and targets. I work at my own pace in the comfort of my home. Whereas these other guys spend the whole day seated on swivel chairs answering phone calls and attending to company problems - Indeed it is a bit stressful to spend the whole day in an office that is why these guys are demotivated. There is need to enjoy some fresh air whilst one is working. As with my job I can just take my laptop and go into the woods and start writing a story whilst listening to the sounds of  wildlife. It is very difficult for me to be demotivated when working in such a conducive environment, thanks.

5. Bishop55 profile image88
    Bishop55posted 10 years ago

I'd sure like to know this answer myself.  Where I work, it's an epidemic.  It's disgusting, and morale is crap.  I can't wait to see what solutions are to this problem!

6. CZCZCZ profile image88
    CZCZCZposted 10 years ago

If the CEO or other key executives are all demotivated and create a work environment that is not pleasant to be in then I would be looking for every opportunity to hit the door and find another company.  Those individuals have the most to gain or lose depending on the success of the company and if they are not motivated to grow the business then you should find a team to work for that is driving hard to succeed every day.

Stay focused on your existing projects, do the very best you can in every activity you have with the company with your driving motivation to use the experiences and work product on your resume to find your next job move.  If you are working with people in other companies let them know you are looking for a new position and use your current position to help find a job with a team that has their stuff together. 

When just dealing with a middle manager that is hard to be motivated to work for, but overall you enjoy the company than focus on networking with other departments and make friends with people in other parts of the company, that is your best bet for being able to learn about possible openings for a lateral move.  Again the same driving motivation for me in these situations is to excel and get noticed by others as someone that is reliable, does good work, and is in general nice to work with and new opportunities will likely present themselves and you can get out of the current demotivating situation.

7. chenrong profile image73
    chenrongposted 10 years ago

Here is my life’s philosophy.

The moment we take our first step into this world, we begin life’s journey with learning how to manage the many daily challenges of life on earth. If we treat them as tiresome chores, our lives will go down the dumps. If we go about exploring life choices and directions and engaging them with passionate enthusiasm, every mundane task may turn out as a masterpiece that may inspire others to action. Encouragement from people around us may be an important motivation force, but the most powerful locomotive that provides the motive force comes from within ourselves. The presence of this motive force may even drive the inertia out of those able bodied and able privilege workers around us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)