Anybody wanna see Mark Knowles' twin brother trying to speak Viet?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. vietnamese profile image66
    vietnameseposted 16 years ago

I've just post a new video of Mark's twin brother trying to speak Viet. If you see this before Mr. Knowles himself. Please let him know so he can go check it out .... It's a "pick on Mark day", I guess.....heheehehehee

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh! He is more satirical than he realize. smile

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Not identical, I see.

3. vietnamese profile image66

Yeah, not identical, but like I said, it's "pick on Mark" day! hehehehe

4. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

And also all westerners look alike big_smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Where is it then?

6. Lissie profile image74

OP's vietnamese translation hub - at least hes not being overly promotonal :-)

7. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

Well, I am not sure balding and a goatee qualifies as twin brother, but I suppose all us white boys look the same. big_smile

8. Lissie profile image74

I think its wonderful! I hate the way Westerners say all Asians look alike and can't even work why that's a racist statement! Excellent thread Vietnamese!

9. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL - I enjoyed it too. My wife is half Japanese, so ......

10. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

I couldn't find the video but checked the Vietnamise translation hub, and there it was LOL! . My nephew's beautiful  new wife is Thai, and I wonder if she sees all Westerners as looking alike as she just moved to NY last September, but alas,  could not adjust to being in the USA, so, they are moving back to Thailand, a culture that my nephew fell in love with.

vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I think going back for a visit is fine, but I'm used to live in the US and the quality of living is better (even though you're broke) than in asian countries. As much as I missed all the mayhem and fun over there, I don't want to live in those countries. I even remember when I interpreted for a  criminal case, the defendant got arrested when he got down the plane coming back from VN. When asked if he knew that he would be arrested coming back, he said he knew, but he rather be in jail over than to live as a fugitive over there.

11. vietnamese profile image66

I can't believe this! You guys gave me a lot of laughs reading through your postings. Thanks a million! It made my day! Lissie, you're right! Back about 5 or 6 years ago, I got comments like that a lot. But now after big star like Angelina Jolie, more people know about VN.

And, no! I know that "Not all Westerners are the same!" Like Mark said, there are baldy and unbaldy....hehheehheee.....

Oh, for all of you need to see the video, here it is:

http://hubpages.com/_2e2cu4h8m35xy/hub/ … ranslation

12. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

You might want to take that tracker out. We can all see it and know what it is big_smile

Yes, I could see how all the bald ones might look the same. big_smile  Feel free to pick on me any day.

Mark, I just want to see how many people actually interested in your so called "twin bro" speaking Viet! Is that OK? hehehehehe

13. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I really miss James Clavell! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

And vietnamese - Knock yourself out big_smile But lose the trackers.

Here's my "twin brother" though big_smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/vietnamese-translation

14. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Have fun. Have Peace.

You are a good one too Mr. vietnamese smile

15. vietnamese profile image66

It would be nice if I could edit my first post so that I can put a link to my hub for people to see that video. I couldn't edit it for some reasons, although I was able to edit the post before this one. I just checked and only 2 people actually click on that link (and 4 or 5 more before I put up the link of course).

16. firetown profile image60
    firetownposted 16 years ago

Took me 2 years to learn Spanish, for vietnamese I would estimate 5 years.

Your estimation is right! 5 years to learn Vietnamese.... but only to say hi though! hehehehehe... Anh no, those people in the videos do not know how to teach or at least the videos they produced are terrible.

17. firetown profile image60
    firetownposted 16 years ago

The best way to learn a new language is have a girlfriend who doesn't speak English.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL - Nah - they always end up wanting to learn English big_smile

So, that's the answer that I've been searching for all these years. I missed those sweet old days when all those girls try to chase after me in high school. But, you're right, I came with "me no si pick engelisss" and ended up learning English by hanging around them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)