When asked to explain your personal belief system, how do you describe it?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

When asked to explain your personal belief system, how do you describe it?

To those of you who embrace Spirituality and nurture your Spiritual nature, as opposed to aligning with an "Organized Religion,"........

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8875866_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

Life is a personal journey
    I've never been a fan of organized religion. In my opinion God made man and man made religion. Having said that I believe everyone should be entitled to believe what they want to believe without being attacked for those beliefs as long as they aren't trying to persuade others.
    Live and let live.

fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Superb answer, Dashing!  I couldn't agree more.

2. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I second that and agree wholeheartedly!

3. fpherj48 profile image61

Hi Sha!  Three votes for Spirituality so far!!  smile

3. profile image0
    Dave36posted 10 years ago

Iv'e actually been asking people who i know this question for the last week or so, & was pretty shocked to discover that most peeps i know don't give life a second thought..For as long as i can remember iv'e felt like there's something to discover while we're here, & maybe even the meaning of life itself..I'd say i feel eternal, & i always have done so i couldn't ever imagine dying..Also life could/should be an amazing adventure/experience, & it's only "man"kind (which originates from an old sandskript word "mind"kind) that's spoiling the adventure/experience by being ego mind led & greedy/selfish etc..I also don't understand this fear of death, that's been instilled into everyone from an early age..I mean without death could life even be possible?, & would it work people not being capable of dying?..So when iv'e looked deep into life/death it has to be how it is for our system of life to work, & people have to die at random or there would be rules to follow, & people would "follow" the rules only because they "know" the reward..Einstein says we're all made from energy, & energy can only ever change, also energy can't come from nothing & then disappear..So I'm energy, & i can only ever change like my body does every day..So when my body dies i just keep on changing growing etc..Also as Alan Watts said if the universe is infinite & i am here now, then i must "always" be here/somewhere..I see my body as just a machine for my soul to travel around in, & the fact that my body will be old & knackered one day, is a clue that i shouldn't be clinging on to it like most people do..My personal experiences are leading me to think that we're actually put here for a reason, only by whom iv'e no idea at all..I think we're here to work on ourselves, & by that i mean the one thing we don't like about our personality deep down..I say life is a blatant test but no one will ever know that, & no one ever did..Also everything in the world is an illusion (web of maya), as in sports stars, movie stars, money, fame, fortune, the economy etc etc, it's all unimportant & a distraction to brainwash us away from thinking about why we're here..Why are they spending 30/40 billion on this years world cup, when kids are starving around the world?..So something is not right, & people can't see it because their always constantly distracted, & in my opinion failing their tests.

Well Dave..you just blew my mind!  Yours is an absolutely brilliant, sensible and inspiring response.  I must go to your site now and nose around so I can get to know you better! ... Peace, Paula

2. fpherj48 profile image61

OK...I see you are new to HP! With your obvious talent, Dave, I certainly hope you start to write some interesting and informative hubs. You are bound to attract many faithful readers and followers!  Start pounding those keys, new friend.!  Welcome.

3. profile image0
      Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey thanks mate & to be honest i set out about 1 year ago only to try to gain control of my mind/feelings & emotions, as i was feeling very depressed & was constantly thinking..I did gain control of said things, & it's now led me to t

4. fpherj48 profile image61

You have the right idea, Dave!  This is the place to shed the blues!!  Just hang out in this community and interact with the utterly AWESOME people and you'll soon be non-stop HAPPY!   Give us a Hub straight from your heart!

4. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Seeker of Truth.

I've discovered that the key barrier is Ego.

Ego is where we get the love of money, the hunger to be "first," and the craving for attention, whether as a psychopathic leader of the "free world" or as a suicide perpetrator.

Ego despises love, but hungers for lust. Ego shirks responsibility, but loves to dish out blame. Ego doesn't know how to be humble, but will sometimes beat up on self, becoming overly preoccupied with self. Ego cannot be confident, but will excel at arrogance, remaining terrified at being discovered.

I believe that love is the answer -- not lust or physical affection. Love brings us together. Love is spiritual.

Organized religion has too much ego within it, most of the time. Some have learned to rise above ego, but they are rare.

I have found Truth in a number of religions. As I have learned more, I have grown and my worldview has changed.

I have come to think that we must remain humble and hungry for learning God's Truth. We have to be willing to give up our precious possessions (current knowledge) in order to learn new things.

By this, I have discovered a new, biblical timeline which is compatible with those of science, and, through science, the identity of the target of Noah's Flood -- a species which went extinct at the new Flood date, and which was described in Genesis 6 as the "daughters of men."

Rod Martin, Jr.
    author of
    "The Bible's Hidden Wisdom: God's Reason for Noah's Flood"

Rod..Thank you. I have read your comments on "ego" before,& realize your personal beliefs. I understand your passion & applaud your unwavering Faith.It seems to work for you. Other minds require more than Faith to fully embrace a belief.   Pe

2. profile image0
      Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey buddy i agree with you about the ego, & Iv'e spent the best part of a year taking my ego out of the equation..The only defence against my ego that i found was will power, & basically i ignore it as i know my ego mind isn't me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)