Are we really created by God equally?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years ago

Are we really created by God equally?

Why is that there are poor and there are rich, normal and disabled person, tragic life and happy life. Things seems to be not equal so are we really created by God equally?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Yes, I do think that we are all created equally.  The differences come into play when it is we that decide what we are going to learn about ourselves in the individual lives that we have.  There has to be an impetus for learning and that is where change comes and we learn. Without adversity or what we think of as evil or the devil or Satan there can be no good or change or learning of oneself.

3. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 9 years ago

I would have to think the answer to that is no; by simple observation.  For example, one baby is born with average IQ, all of its body parts and internal organs working normally, and all the neural connections are hooked up properly and functioning as intended.  Another baby is born at the same time in the next bed in identically the same shape other than it can't hear and there is no way to fix it.  Those two babies are not equal, no matter how you define the term "equal".

Can they be made "equal"?  Well that depends on the society they are born into.  A progressive society can do things, especially in this day and age, to mitigate the lack of hearing and almost bring the two babies onto equal footing in which to compete in life.  Non-progressive societies tend to let the impaired and their families fend for themselves.

1. profile image0
      Dave36posted 9 years agoin reply to this

There aren't going to be any answers from simple observations, that's going to answer whether or not we're born equal..First we would have to know why we're here, because if it we're to face certain trials then we are all born equal.

2. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I guess you might have a point 1) if that is why we are here and 2) we are making the correct assumption about Ken's use of the term "equal"; he seems to be focused on the here and now with his question.

4. Snøwman profile image57
    Snøwmanposted 9 years ago

You have to look at the big picture. Life is more than us here on earth now.  We existed before we were born, and there is also life after death.

Think of it as a 3 act play. We are in act 2. Things are unfair in act 2. You never hear "they lived happily ever after" in act 2. That phrase is always in act 3.

Everyone is created equal means we all have the same potential. We all have the ability to get the happy ending we deserve.. In act 3 all of the unfairness in act 2 makes sense because we have seen the whole thing.

1. My Esoteric profile image87

Given you have "born" at the beginning of Act 2, and the question wonders about being "born equally", and given that is impossible, then I seriously doubt each is born with the same potential.

2. Snøwman profile image57
      Snøwmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Some people worked harder in their life before birth and have an advantage over those that didn't work as hard. We still have this life to prepare to meet God. Everyone still has the same eternal potential if you look at the big picture.

3. profile image0

I don't buy into reincarnation, & at the same time i do know I'm not my body or mind, but i feel i haven't been reincarnated or lived any previous lives..If things we're fair that would mean the same, which would mean boring.

4. Snøwman profile image57

I'm not talking about reincarnation. In your past life you weren't something else or someone else. You lived as you. Just in the presence of God and without a body.

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 9 years ago

Fact - There are children born with disabilities and illnesses. Fact - Children do not create their own environment so they are incapable of determining their life. Fact - EVERYONE is different. There are no equalities. We are all different. Children born with life ending diseases are not equal to those born perfectly healthy and to say they are is an insult to their parents who suffer the tragic loss of them far too early. What about the child born into a home where they are constantly abused? Are they really equal in any way to a child who grows up in a stable environment? The whole created equal stuff comes from those who are unwilling to see facts, suffering, and pain and instead hide behind the thought that we all control our own lives. If that was the case all children would be born healthy, to mentally healthy parents and provided an equal start on life. There is no equal. Simply lots of people who happen to live on the same planet who may or may not make it out ok.

I have talked to many mothers who would beg to disagree with you about who is controlling whom, lol.  Nevertheless, I understand your point.

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

You are looking only at the bodies and their current lives.

Yes, we are all created equally. Sometimes we have an advantage in this physical life, but what matters is what we do with it relative to Love (God).

Remember, God created us in His image and likeness and He is most assuredly not Human!

And now, as it would, you get to the definition of God.  Yours is something different from the Universe, mine is the Universe.  So while we can both say the same thing in terms of image and likeness, we mean entirely different things.

7. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 9 years ago

I don't remember being told or recall reading anything about being created equally. I could make a leap and presume equally created. That is different. I was told when young and seems there are verses saying or inferring we are perfect. However, we could be perfect in anomalies. Perfect in being deaf or perfectly deaf. Perfect in being blind or perfectly blind. One may make a leap and say one is perfect in imperfection.

8. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8968216_f260.jpg

Well to begin with you have miss quoted what is in the Declaration of Independence - it says all men are created equal, not equally. Equally  has slightly different implications than equal.
    To answer your question one must understand equal rights called for in the Declaration were an extension based on a higher Charter, the Holy Scriptures. If we would fully embrace the Declaration, we must cling to its underlying Document. So any personal opinion not based on the Bible is irrelevant to this discussion and a demonstration of ignorance as to the meaning of this quotation.
    When the Declaration says all men are created equal it has nothing to do with what their circumstances or life is like in the eyes of men. They are created equal in the eyes of God. This status recognized inalienable human rights granted by the Creator and not by men or governments. We are all the same -- human beings created by the hand of God. We all start out equal, in that we are all born without sin, but we do not all remain equal.
    In the eyes of God earthly wealth makes no impact on God's judgment. Nor will position in the world make a difference, and this is what is part of what is meant by all men are created equal.
    Of course you may not be referring to the Declaration but just asking a question based on a whimsical statement of your own using "equally" not endorsed by any of the historic congress who approved and ascribed to the belief expressed as "created equal", based on holy scripture and in the Declaration of Independence, in which case who knows or cares what YOU mean by created "equally".

I would argue that while based on a Creator, the DOI was not based on Holy Scripture.  In fact, Ben Franklin changed the words "we hold ... to be sacred and undeniable" to "we hold ... to be self-evident" specifically to take religion out of it.

2. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@My Esoteric, Of course you would argue that because you love to reconstruct history and have no respect for the truth.

9. profile image0
    Dave36posted 9 years ago

Iv'e got a list of questions for you to consider buddy, & then you can tell me what you think to whether or not we're all born equally.
    1) What would it mean if we couldn't physically die?.
    2) What would it mean if all kids we're born healthy?.
    3) Could life even exist if death also didn't exist?.
    4) What would life be like if people didn't die of all sorts of things, & at all sorts of ages?.
    4a) Would it actually be possible to (lets say) give "everyone" born at least 70 yrs to live?.
    5) If you didn't have opposites like rich & poor what would you have?.
    6) If we never felt real loss could we ever feel real love?.
    7) Is there anything at all that you could improve about planet earth, that wasn't a man made thing?.
    8) Do you think it might be possible that life could be a training ground/learning curve/test?.
    9) If it could possibly be a test might one of the things we're tested on be how we react to the poor & disabled etc?.
    10) Lastly might it be possible, that the poor & disabled & abused people are also here to be tested like us?.

Maybe we're playing our selves in many dimensions at the same time, where we die in one dimension but not the others.
    We're disabled in one, & fit as a fiddle in another, & a rock star in another etc.
    All just so we can train up for the real life experience where we live forever on the real planet earth, not one made from Atoms!lol....I'm pretty sure i have a soul, & it hasn't been sent here to be punished....I reckon life so far for us is supposed to be all about learning, & becoming better people....So we need the poor & disabled etc to see how we feel about those things,& to see what we do about it all.

Tested for what and to what purpose?  Why would everyone be given such widely different starting points; have different goals been assigned?

2. profile image0

If everyone didn't have different starting points everyone would be the same, which would be boring & people would soon work out what their supposed to do & would cheat!lol..Tested to see which stance we take, are we good or bad & do we c

3. Snøwman profile image57

I agree with this. We need bad in the world so we know what good is.

4. My Esoteric profile image87

I am not sure the world revolves around us.  Who cares if our lives are boring or not?  If you believe in the kind of active God Christians do, then He wants you borrig, that is what you will be.

10. Sushma Webber profile image74
    Sushma Webberposted 9 years ago

A very common question which people and great teachers have tried to answer for a long time. However, are we prepared to accept the common sense answer.

For example, all human beings have 24 hours in a day. What we do in those 24 hours depends on our character and the choices we make. If you just look around we see that each one does what they are capable of doing or like doing. So when we all are different, how can we be equal.

It might be possible to create equal opportunities, but trying to make people do the same thing is impossible. We have to accept our differences and similarities as they are instead of measuring everyone according to set criteria.

What we sow we reap. If we spend time watching TV most of the day and eating junk food, it is going to result in an unhealthy body. If we spend time being active and helpful to others, we will have a healthy mind and body.

In this world, the law of cause and effect is in operation or Karma. If we understand it then we can make the best of our circumstances and use the 24 hours wisely.

11. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 9 years ago

Although the first humans that we are aware of was created by God in His image (Genesis 1:27)  According to scripture, when mankind began to reproduce and give birth to children, those children were created by and in the image of their parents, Read:

Genesis 5:3
    And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Mankind made us the way we are, plus good/bad genes (some mutate their own genes through, lifestyle, habits, things they consume, environment, etc.), ambition/lack of ambition, environment.  There are many circumstances why we are each the way we are.

12. Taylor-Cate profile image66
    Taylor-Cateposted 9 years ago

Setting aside the inherent perception that something intentionally created us, we are all made up of the same stuff. Blood, matter, nerves, energy and so on. Breaking it down even further, we are all just scattered electrons that are constantly interacting with other electrons. So, in a rather sobering perspective, I'm as equal to the sofa and the cat as they are to me. The difference is that my choices affect the course of my life for some reason, and that effectively makes me conditionally superior or inferior, depending on one's perspective.

But what have you say regarding how those things are assembled coming out of the womb or factory as to their capability to reach the same goals which are obtainable for each to their own species?

13. icv profile image50
    icvposted 9 years ago

Yes, I believe We are created equally... When we watch our surroudings we may meet people with different abilities. Some one are phisically challenged some others are living with happy and so on... But God give all of us a Gift equally. That is "Time".

14. profile image52
    mangapathiposted 9 years ago

yes.god is the creator of all the things on the earth.All the actions are performed by god.he all the things well.that's way he created the difference between the people.

And so God created the baby with bones in his legs and another baby with no bones in his legs (recent news story of how the latter is overcoming his infirmity, or should he since that is the way God created him?)

15. Lowdown0 profile image85
    Lowdown0posted 9 years ago

When it comes to the most important things, we are all created equally, some have more challenges to overcome. We all have a soul and a purpose that is equally important to the big picture, that is if we submit ourselves to God's will and purpose for our lives. God is not a respecter of persons, the God of the Bible that is.

16. lostohanababy profile image56
    lostohanababyposted 9 years ago

I am not sure what answer you are wanting but I will attempt to answer honestly, the way I feel.  Although it may not agree with you!   God made 'man' to be and to look like a 'man', to be a represented 'form' of life to be 'masculine' and 'protective' over Eve, his mate , also made by God.  Yes, on some levels of 'thinking' what 'equal' attributes are found in both 'sexes', man and woman, you are able to find the basics God created in 'all' of us; the ability to speak and think and to make decisions.  Equally when done together, respecting each others opinion.   The woman is created to bare children, and perform duties that helps to keep the union of having a family.   I feel, everyone is entitled to one's own opinion!

17. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 9 years ago

We are equal in God's eyes, but unfortunately, we people think differently.  There are endless ways to compare one with another.

18. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 9 years ago

Our souls are equal but our physical abilities are not.
    We all have different physical roles to play but we all have the same spiritual role.

19. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 9 years ago

The phrase that all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights...was written by Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence. That idea was abandoned when the Constitution was written when it was stated that for population counting purposes it took five black men to equal three white men.

Women could not vote. Blacks had no rights.

However, you can look throughout the Bible and find all kinds of references supporting and disputing the concept of being created equally.

The question becomes, what is equal. Are we looking at an absolute definition where each and every aspect of a person is the same as all persons. If so, would we have people with higher IQs, those with more compassion, those with greater strength, those with musical talent and so on.

Would we all be physically equal?

I do not think there is an absolute answer. God created us with a soul. Perhaps before we lost paradise, maybe we were all free of illness, deformities, deficiencies, etc.

I have poor vision, am speech impaired and other situations. However, I believe in the eyes of God I am equal to all others. I have  a friend with a sister who has Downs Syndrome and now Alzheimer's disease. She is a special person and I am sure equal to all in the eyes of God.

As individuals we are given gifts and challenges that defines us in our earthly existence. However, we are equal in that we all created by God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)