Can you interpret dreams?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Can you interpret dreams?

Can you interpret your own dreams or those of others?  How accurate are your dream interpretations? Do you use a list of dream symbols, or do you go by your own intuition?

2. Ericka Love profile image62
    Ericka Loveposted 9 years ago

I dream so much. I use intuition and sometimes symbols.try me out

Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Erika, intuition is usually very accurate and confirming with symbols also helps.

3. Marie Flint profile image71
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

I do reflect on my own dreams, Phyllis, and they very often let me know what's important to me at the time I have them and for future reference. Occasionally I try to keep a dream diary, but more often, I just make a mental note about my feelings the dream has given me. So, I'm using more intuition than I am symbols. I definitely do not refer to dream symbology books because I believe I know myself better than what  any book on the subject can give me. Great question!

Marie, dreams do tell us a lot about ourselves.

4. lisavanvorst profile image64
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I actually go on this great free website called Dreamforth.com. It is easy to use and basically gives a clear understanding of your dreams and what they mean. I used to buy the books, however I do not think the books are as accurate as the site.

Lisa, I have a friend who can interpret dreams instantly. He is very accurate. We often interpret dreams for each other and it is very helpful to understand and clarify a lot of things in our life.

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

I used to have a lot of very clear dreams Phyllis and kept a dream diary, writing down the details as soon as I woke. If I waited even 10 or 15 minutes I would have forgotten most of the dream. I was almost always over to interpret them accurately ..and their message was usually very clear to me. Sometimes I could interpret the dreams of others but it was a little more complicated. Now for some reason I can very rarely even remember dreaming, I probably do but forget them on waking.

Hi Jodah. You are a very creative and busy person, so I understand how dreams can be forgotten quickly. -- you probably awake with your mind already active and hit the ground running.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

That is a good question, I have never thought about that. I cannot interpret my own since I do not remember them.

Hi Kevin. I often wish there are some dreams I would not remember.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do not remember how young I was when it started Phyllis.

7. Dr Bill Tollefson profile image78
    Dr Bill Tollefsonposted 9 years ago

I use my training in Freudian dream interpretation to interpret my own dreams.

How interesting. Reading about Freud has always been interesting to me.

8. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 9 years ago

Yes, I interpret my dreams and help others understand theirs, as well.  I've been doing this ever since I was a young girl and have kept this up throughout my lifetime.  In the beginning I used books to understand the symbolism, but as I became familiar with my dreams and the meaning behind symbols, I set the books aside and went based on intuition and what was currently happening in my life.  Good question.

That is how I started and learned when I was quite young. Thanks for giving your answer and thoughts, Denise.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)