What was your first crush?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. ubrish profile image61
    ubrishposted 9 years ago

What was your first crush?

2. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 9 years ago

OMG, I was in love with Michael Dean who was in 7th grade when I was in 6th. (I think).  He was our paperboy and he also went to the same Catholic School I went to.  He had a James-Dean kind of affect about him and he had a red bike with aluminum fenders that was different than all the other boys.  In winter he wore a red plaid wool jacket that was also very cute.  I watched him from afar, especially from the mirror up in the choir loft when I was playing the organ for the children's mass.  I could spot that red plaid jacket anywhere even looking at it through the choir loft mirror!  I was too afraid to ever have a conversation with him, but when Nat King Cole came out with the song "They Try to Tell Us", it became my theme song:  "They try to tell us we're too young, too young to really be in love. They say that love is just a word, a word we've only heard, but can't begin to know the meaning of. And yet we're not too young to know that love will last though years may grow, and then someday they may recall.  We were not too young at all." (I still remember the words).  Of course, being a shy Catholic school girl, I could barely talk to Michael Dean, but one day, after I had become engaged, I saw him in the library at the U and I must say, my heart had a bit of a flutter when we recognized each other and said "hi".  So cute to remember that.  Thanks for the question. Here's to first crushes everywhere!

ubrishposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"They try to tell us" lovely past ....Now what do you feel when you remember it?

2. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

ubrish,Thanks so much! What I've noticed: The feeling of being in love (being in love w/ love) is transferable!  I've been in love 4 times in 69 years 'n noticed that the SAME FEELING is transferred to different people. I love the memories of love:)

3. Coco Mathew profile image58
    Coco Mathewposted 9 years ago

I was in love with my chemistry teacher and to my knowledge it was pure and beyond the ethical approval of society. Only to watch her without listening what she was teaching proved me a moron in the class and my grades were poor. when I was scolded by my parents, brothers and peer then slowly I realized that's unfair to love or to be loved by one sided. I doubt myself whether it was actually a love or my immaturity towards her admiration. I was unanswered from my core and till today I have no knowledge what was that? A crush, a physical attraction, or love.

4. loveguru23 profile image59
    loveguru23posted 9 years ago

My first crush (that I could remember) was in sixth grade. I had such a huge crush on my classmate. I thought she was so pretty. My friend also thought she was pretty- and ended up going out with her. It was difficult to see them hold hands after school- but I eventually got over it. Thanks for the question!

1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

that's an "awww..."  for sweet sadness

2. loveguru23 profile image59
      loveguru23posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey Billie. Yes it is an "awww" moment. But as I grew up, I met some wonderful (and not so wonderful) girls/women- which allowed me to share my dating and relationship experiences with others- and be qualified enough to give some good advice.

3. ubrish profile image61

thanks for sharing

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

my first crush was I was in primary 4 i guess. He was a botak boy ( durian hair cut ) a mean boy who dominates the whole school bus.

6. chaitanyasaivb profile image66
    chaitanyasaivbposted 9 years ago

I never had a feeling like that ever, in my life. So, I might not have any crush, during my journey of life.

i can not believe it

7. profile image0
    GalaxyRatposted 6 years ago

In kindergarten. LOL. I had a crush in kindergarten, then a different one in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in public school. Now I am homeschooled and I've had the same crush for quite a few years.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)