Do You Think Marriage Is A Curse Or Blessing?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Venus Rivera profile image61
    Venus Riveraposted 9 years ago

Do You Think Marriage Is A Curse Or Blessing?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12063835_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

It really comes down to whether or not both people found their ideal mate. All marriages will have their share of challenges and no one is going to fill your days with sunshine and rainbows for eternity.
    Nevertheless the goal is to find someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for the marriage that you do, naturally agrees with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least have a mutual depth of love and desire for one another.
    As a friend of mine once said:
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys! smile
    Couples who naturally get along with each other tend to be happier and stay together longer than those who don't. Who knew?! LOL!
    Marriage is a blessing if you've chosen the "right mate" for yourself.

Venus Riveraposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're right but some people view marriage as a curse not a blessing. For me it's a blessing why because I have chosen the right help mate. Your last statement is true. Thank you for always responding to my questions.

3. m abdullah javed profile image75
    m abdullah javedposted 9 years ago

Marriage is a blessing if husband and wife get blended with their likes and dislikes. Its a curse if both try to influence each other with their likings and dislikings. Marriage is a blessing if a wife becomes a prestigious apparal for her husband and husband becomes an ardent supporter of his wife. Its a curse when both badly miss 'empathy' between them. Marriage is a blessing if love and mutual trust develops proportionately with the passing of days. Its a curse when these elements lose their charm and simply mistrust and feuds define their days and nights. Its a blessing when husband take care of his wife even for the minutest of things and inturns wife develops herself as caring and loving one. Its a curse when husband becomes opperessor and wife a pain.
    Marriage has to be a blessing, after all the Divine intervention binds the two souls, here two-sided efforts needed, husand should consider wife as a part of his body where as wife should consider her husband with an equal reverence.

It's better to have someone you love than some you hate. I agree, marriage is a blessing, especially, if you found the right help mate.

4. profile image0
    lyndapringleposted 9 years ago

Of course, this answer depends on the state of various relationships but, to me, marriage has turned out to be the greatest blessing in my life.  I've been married for almost 20 years and, in that time, I've had friends and jobs come in and out of my life.  I've gone through various personal crisis.   I've changed as an individual, not always for the better.  However, the one constant in all the changes I've endured throughout the years, has been my husband.  We do not have a perfect marriage but we have a loyal one and it is this loyalty which has made us into best friends to one another and to remain true to our familial unit despite the changes throughout the years.  There is no greater blessing than a person who remains with you for years while others leave.

I know first hand what you mean. It's beautiful to build a relationship that can stand-up to lives ups and downs. No, matter how bad the battle is but  knowing that your spouse is there to help you fight whatever life throws at you. Is a blessing.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 9 years ago

It all depends on who is luckier. I say it is a blessing and my wife says it is a curse!

Lol- you and your wife are blessed to have each other. There is no luck in having the right one. Thank you for sharing your input.

6. profile image0
    IslamWashiaposted 9 years ago

There is now complete happiness in life, so if we think we will be completely happy after marriage, of course we will depress, no complete happiness except in Heaven, but marriage is the best lifestyle we can live through, and of course it is a blessing.
    We will face many bad times in our life, and it is very important to never face them alone.

Exactly, I like your last sentence it's very important. Thank you for responding to my Q&A.

7. Kate Mc Bride profile image74
    Kate Mc Brideposted 9 years ago

I have heard it said that marriage is the only word that makes a sentence.
    Love is basic in a marriage but love will not last without mutual trust and mutual respect.

You're right it takes trust and love to build a great unity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)