Christians: Are You Always Right?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Christians: Are You Always Right?

A few have told me that I think that I am always right when it comes to belief and religious questions and hubs.  What make you think that YOU are the one that is always right?  What is the purpose of doing or saying that to another person who has a differnt belief and most likely backup for those things?  I never state that I am always right and on one such hub by Erickdierker I said that I do have doubts, but they do not matter because I am always wrong and some make it a point to tell others that as well. Quoting scripture doe not make it truth.

2. profile image0
    AC-DCposted 9 years ago

So you are saying that you do not believe every word in the Bible? To answer your question, no, no one is perfect; no not one. The only sinless man to walk this earth was Jesus Christ.

Are you asking this question because you are confused or doubting your faith? Take pride in knowing you are only human. We will never be always right.

Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nope, not what I am saying at all. Not everything that Jesus said or did is in that Bible today.  It never will be but you can be sure that his words and deeds are coming to light.

2. profile image0
      AC-DCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, prophecy is coming to fruition.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67

It has nothing to do with prophesy.  How did you get that Ido not believe in the Bible in the first place?  It is your kind that make religion so bitter-tasting.

4. profile image0

Whoa! Chill out. Of course the Bible has everything to do with prophesy. It tells everything we need to know that has transpired since the beginning of time until now. But, then again, none of us are always right. Right?

5. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Why do you feel the need to cut me down and twist my words and read into them what is not there?  I will not calm down when I am not upset.  Curiosity is not be upset and asking a ? is also not being upset.

6. profile image0

My intention was not to cut you down in any way. I honestly do not even think this to be true. Nor did I intend to twist your words. To be honest, you are very confusing. Just remember, paranoia will destroy ya. Peace.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I am trying to understand why ppl do this to others.  I am in no way paranoid and I would like to get into the heads of ppl like you to find out why they think these untrue things and spread them thru HP.

8. profile image0

WOW! I sincerely hope that this does not reflect the majority of HubPages. Hope you have a nice day.

9. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Why can you not answer a simple question instead of putting up a defense and making up lies?  Why constantly turn it around that I am to blame for something or other?  Why do you do this?

10. profile image0

I am totally at a loss for words. I am new here; only been here a couple of days. I simply answered a question. As far as the rest of what you are saying I am at a loss. Why ask questions if you are expecting everyone to agree with you?

11. Lady Guinevere profile image67

How are you getting that I ask Questions or make hubs for everyone to agree with me? I have never said that I am always right and that is what gets me about how your thought patterns are saying tht I think that I am.

12. profile image0

WOW! Just wow! Now you are fabricating words that never were written. Anyone can see who the aggressor is on this question. Like I have said, I hope others are more welcoming on this site. I apologize for your misinterpretation of the truth.

13. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Asking questions is NOT agression.  What is the truth?  Your 1st accused me of not believe every word of the Bible, which was false. 2nd was doubting my faith. False. How are U getting UR assumptions? That is the ? U cant answer.

14. profile image0

All that anyone need do is read this ridiculous thread. I was simply engaging you about your question. I was not accusing you of anything. This is ridiculous! Again have a nice day. I am done with this nonsense.

15. Lady Guinevere profile image67

That is fine.  I got my answer that I was looking for.U really need to look at your answer though about assuming and accusing.  It is how you worded it.  Thanks for the engagement in conversation here.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years ago

The reason Christianity attracts more cults than any other religion is because most are convinced they're the only ones with Absolute Truth.  Some even go so far as to say their particular denomination is the One True Church.
    We all have to admit, no one religion can answer ALL of life's questions.  Therefore, none of them have the right to claim they have Absolute Truth.
    I recently got in an argument with a friend, who got on my case when I told her I'd written a series on the world's 10 most practiced religions.  She said since I hadn't read Sir Francis Bacon, why did I do this?  I should have known Christianity is not practiced the way Jesus meant for it to be practiced.  I asked her why Jesus didn't say anything about it, then?  She snapped back why Buddha didn't say anything about how Buddhism was practiced?  I told her Gautama Buddha died thousands of years ago, and never said he was going to come back to life.  Since Jesus is still alive, in Heaven and all-powerful, why doesn't He put a stop to what's happening to His religion?  That response greatly offended her, but it stopped her dead in her tracks.
    We're talking again.  I now believe she's mad at God, and is somewhat envious of the fact that I've dealt with the issue by calmly considering other religions rather than struggle to make sense of Christianity being Absolute Truth considering the state of the world.

Isn't is all silly?  They say that I think that I am always right yet they are doing the exact same thing.  Making up lies is to bear false witness and that is a sin! Ha!  I don't know about these ppl.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, Christian religionists of a more conservative, traditionalist, & fundamentalist persuasion are quite fond of stating that their religion is the only legitimate one while others are wrong in their premise.

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 9 years ago

Because that is their only belief system, and the bible is their only religious source. As my Christian friend told me, she doesn't want to even read about other religions because it might cause her to doubt her faith. One person asked her what happened to all the souls who were born before Jesus and she said that they were all in Hell because they didn't believe in Jesus as their personal savior. I tell this just to illustrate her narrow view. I grew up in her same church and that was not what I was taught. Where did she get this ignorance? What has happened to Christianity. That is why I left to seek my own path, but it has just strengthened my faith in Jesus and in the Christ.
    Anyone who is comfortable in their own belief system's skin has a curious mind. They are always exploring, learning and sometimes even accepting new information. A Christian will read a prophecy and wait for it to happen. A spiritual person may read the same prophecy and see that it is happening right now. The Christian believes that Jesus is coming back to "beam him up to heaven and leave everyone else behind". The spiritual person explores other meanings to the rapture and works to aid in the ascension of the whole earth because they believe the prophecy of a "heaven on earth". No, I do not believe every word in the bible because it has been skewed by translations and by a self-serving church that cherry picked the passages to its advantages..

I do and have done those things.  I came away from the church and it's mind control psych a long time ago. I qoute Bible and I have no idea why they do as AC-Dc is doing.  How they come to their silly conclusions is what I want to know.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Of course, the bible has been reinterpreted many times.  Many books of the bible have been taken out.  The Council of Nicea & other religious authorities have retained passages which serve their particular religious purposes.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Yes and when you show them those things they go off on you and call you the liar and accuse you of being right all the time.  Well....

5. speer138 profile image61
    speer138posted 9 years ago

this is just my opinion, but normally when people make the statement " you think you're always right", it means they have run out of legitimate arguments. that statement itself is not an argument, and is essentially meaningless. its also kind of funny because if i believe something to be true, and give reasons for it, then of course i think im right. i dont believe things if i think im wrong. neither does the person making that statement. if they did, they wouldn't be arguing , would they?

Thank you for that enlightening answer.  Much appreciated.

6. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

People are not always right. People are often not even of their right mind. Christians are people and therefor fallible. Atheists are people and therefor fallible. When we look deep inside we see our failings and know for certain that we are not always right. When we confess our failings we become closer to our Lord. When we repent we change and become closer yet to our Lord. Therefor to admit our failings is to bring us closer to the Lord. Someone who was always right would be further from our Lord. Someone who is always wrong may indeed be closer to our Lord if they confess. Confession here is not a "confessional" notion but a very personal interchange with God. It is of the vein of supplication and a true prayer to become better. We can see that if we are always right we would have no need for God, in fact we would be like a god.
    On the other hand I try to always be right. And some may laugh but that rightness is found in my wrongness. For I see my righteousness as a failing and am right to confess it.
    I just adore the argument about who gets into heaven. What folly that we could decide such a thing. Clearly God can let whoever God wants to let in, in. This statement does not make me right it makes God right and God is always right. If my statements are in fact true it proves that God is right. If it proves that God is fallible then I am an imbecile and wrong to say the least.
    So if we preach, and I do preach, that God is always right then we are right. And if we preach that God is constrained by dogma or even the Bible then we are wrong. And "good" Christians often quote or rely on the Bible to restrict our Lord. This is wrong. But I must confess, I find myself quoting the Bible to prove a point and in that I am quite the fool.
    With all that said, it would be a terrible thing if we did not believe we were right. This is not to say that we should not be open for learning and changing as in repenting. And this is not to say we are right, we should just believe that we are or go back for more schooling by the Master Teacher.
    Believe it or not, I think I am always right, but my heart knows that I am often wrong, and when I listen to my lord and my heart I learn often that I am wrong. This is a true learning moment and in the end I am always glad that I was wrong.
    Here is a cool thing that once we really get makes being wrong OK. We are loved even when we are wrong.

Hear, Hear Eric!  They do like to put God and Jesus in a box and claim they are theirs and have others try to guess the right password to get some of that.  It does not work that way.  No one can put God or Jesus in a box.

7. profile image0
    genuineaid lmposted 9 years ago

No, neither Christians nor non-Christians are always right, we are all humans, and humans make mistakes, plain and simple.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)