What are you expecting to happen on Monday when Kim Davis returns to work?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Josh Ratzburg profile image75
    Josh Ratzburgposted 8 years ago

What are you expecting to happen on Monday when Kim Davis returns to work?

Do you think she will continue to prevent the issuing of marriage licenses? Apparently she has an armed guard that says they will "prevent her from being arrested again." ... Thoughts?

2. lions44 profile image93
    lions44posted 8 years ago

Chaos. Mike Huckabee sighting. State Police.  Religious protesters. Her staff angry at her.  Lots of TV crews.  The list goes on and on.

3. Terrex profile image67
    Terrexposted 8 years ago

Apocalypse. A crane will fall on the office.

4. Danny Cabaniss profile image71
    Danny Cabanissposted 8 years ago

I think the main thing she wants is not to have her name on the license.  I think that is doable.

1. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

She can have her name taken off of the license by resigning.

2. profile image58
      Leon1345posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're are entitled to your opinion Austin.  However, you are starting to sound like a broken record.  You're like the Duracell rabbit that goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image60
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

From what I heard from the news-but I didn't really follow this so don't quote me on this-is that she has been ordered not to interfere with those who do issue the license.

6. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

Josh.....In my many years on this earth, I have learned to "expect" ANYTHING and everything.  I would not even venture a guess at this point. A few snippets of news I've heard have reported Kim does NOT intend to issue marriage licenses to gay couples....PERIOD.  Will she try to prevent the deputy clerks from issuing them?  We must wait and see.

The Judge has been quoted as saying he will have her carted off to jail once again if she interferes in the issuing by others.   Now I see where she will have a personal body guard to prevent her from being arrested??   

Really people......Has this not become a completely ridiculous circus?

Whatever does occur, I hope an end will come of this somehow!  Enough is enough.

7. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 8 years ago

"The lawyer for a county official in Kentucky said Friday that Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis may have violated a federal judge's order against interfering with the issuance of marriage licenses...
    "Those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders," wrote Richard Hughes, who represents Brian Mason, a deputy county clerk who has issued marriage licenses under the judge's order.

The changes Davis made, Hughes said, include deleting her name, all mention of Rowan County, and references to deputy clerks. Only Mason's name is on the form, not his title, with a place for him to initial rather than to use his signature."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)