If you could wish for one thing in the world what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Rabadi profile image78
    Rabadiposted 8 years ago

If you could wish for one thing in the world what would it be?

2. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

That everyone in the world had all they needed to live a happy, healthy, safe life, and never wanted more.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 8 years ago

Sorry if I sound pedagogic, but everyone can wish for one thing in the world.  In fact, each of us can wish for many things to happen.   Surely, what you really mean is: "If you could wish for one thing in the world and it would come true, what would it be?

I actually wrote a Hub on this very subject. Can't recall what I called it now.  But the main thrust of it was that if everything in the world was as we'd like it to be we'd be bored to death.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

No killings especially children, pregnant women and old people in those poor war torn countries

5. Diana Lee profile image81
    Diana Leeposted 8 years ago

My wish would be for "World peace".  It could be impossible, but we can wish for it.

6. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 8 years ago

My one wish would be that the people of the world would stop focusing on the after-life and would metaphorically hold hands and work toward saving our planet, enhance our understanding of human behavior, and strive to figure out the great mysterious puzzle of our existence.  This would imply accepting the fact that no one has the answers and we need to continue to search for our meaning. We can't do that if we believe in the Apocalypse or Armageddon or pretend we KNOW God's plan for us.  It would require "growing-up" as a species and having the ability to accept ambiguity, strive to discover the facts of our existence to create less ambiguity for the next generations, and to recognize the mandate to continue to evolve and to "keep on keeping on" as a species. It seems to me a general purpose or "prime directive" to which humankind is called, but only a small portion respond to.

7. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8163958_f260.jpg

For poverty to be completely eliminated & that people obtain at least a college education or the most education that can be obtained according to their IQs.  It is heinous for people to be impoverished, even poor.  No one should be in lack where there is abundance.  Everyone should have a civilized standard of living, at least a solidly middle class quality of life.  People should be educated according to their ability.

8. Carolyn M Fields profile image89
    Carolyn M Fieldsposted 8 years ago

In the past, I would have answered "world peace," but my thinking has "evolved" (which has become the popular way of saying I've changed my mind).
    Now, I think I would wish that everyone on Earth - every man, woman, and child - was able to find something to be grateful for in their lives. 
    But there are probably flaws to that thought.  Ask me again in ten years.

9. Subhra Thakur profile image66
    Subhra Thakurposted 8 years ago

If i honestly answer this question, I will wish to travel the whole world, cause travelling is the only thing the drives me, its my only motivation to live, and survive each day... any amount of sacrifice is worth for travelling, also i strongly believe wherever one travels, and the people one meets, the become a part of that person, and most of all when i am travel i have no past, no grudges against me, i just have today, my life is moving smile

1. Carolyn M Fields profile image89
      Carolyn M Fieldsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for being "honest."  So, if you could wish for "anything" in the "world" to come true, you would pick something that benefits yourself personally, and only you.  Interesting.

2. Subhra Thakur profile image66
      Subhra Thakurposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, even if i were to wish something for the whole world, it would disturb the natural balance,leading many consequences, for eg: if i wish for a world without poverty,it leads to increase in price of everything, and a new poverty line will be made

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)