What does ISIS want?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66
    Andy Lee Lawsonposted 8 years ago

What does ISIS want?

Would the terror group known as ISIS, ISIL, IS etc... be satisfied to be left alone by the west? Would a mass conversion from other world religions to Islam be satisfactory? Money, power, influence, or all of the above? Perhaps, none of the above. Is generating fear the primary motivator? What are your thoughts on the motivations of ISIS? Sure, it's a religious war. Sure, they're radical. But what do they want?

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 8 years ago

Supposedly, they want to bring about the end times by goading a huge war to take place in some place in Syria, and until they get it, they're just gonna be an annoyance and a pain until someone brings down the thunder.

Andy Lee Lawsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That actually makes sense (from a radicalized perspective). I think that Islam has an eschatology similar to Christianity.

2. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's different.  In Christianity, the war will happen no matter what, and Jesus will return, but to establish peace.  In Islam, the Mahdi will bring destruction, as the world will be forced to convert.

3. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You neglect to mention that, in the Book of Revelation, Jesus establishes this so-called peace by turning 200 million people into chunky salsa. At least in the Islamic story, people could just convert and the death toll would be way, way lower.

4. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Only a sicko like you would conjure up some twisted way to make Islam and perverted mass murderers sound desirable to Christianity. You are pathetic.

5. Zelkiiro profile image87

Implying there aren't perverted mass murderers within Christianity. Like, say...someone who kills police officers while attacking a Planned Parenthood facility?

6. tsadjatko profile image65

You idiot,that person isn't practicing Christianity.Sickos who cut the heads of innocents are practicing Islam.Because someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they are&if you don't understand that it's because you choose not to,deceiver!

7. Zelkiiro profile image87

Ahh, the No True Scotsman fallacy is out in full force. A bona fide classic in the world of hilarious fallacies. May want to read up on it so you don't embarrass yourself by invoking it again:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

8. tsadjatko profile image65

You have no clue what the no true Scotsman Falacy is if you think it applies to anything I said which was akin to saying no pig can fly like a bird because he says he can - you are pathetic.

9. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66

Lolita, the similarity is the joint belief in an anti-Christ figure and the ultimate return of Jesus to defeat him. You are correct, though, in terms of the forced conversion. I think that ISIS is currently using that narrative

10. tsadjatko profile image65

@Wikipediaman and anyone else who thinks Wikipedia isa reliable(a joke)source to cite in defense of an argument!Start here on this video at 3:12 & @4:00 you'll see what Wikipedia is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU Then watch it all.

11. profile image0

Yeah, I always laugh when another hubber tells me to check Wikipedia.  Anyone and everyone can edit that.

12. tsadjatko profile image65

What did you think about the astroturf? Here is where hubbers like LISA get their info - from the top ten astroturfers https://sharylattkisson.com/top-10-astroturfers/ (fox news not in there is it?)

13. Zelkiiro profile image87

Oh look, someone who doesn't know that Wikipedia is moderated to prevent people from editing articles all willy-nilly. Welcome to 2007, I guess?

14. tsadjatko profile image65

You didn't even watch the video! I know u have the shortest atttention span in history but what you said is WikiP's own or other astroturf propaganda. No independent analysis of Wikipedia condones them. Do yourself a favor and watch the video

3. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

ISIS wants to establish a one-world caliphate, meaning that they will force the world to convert to Islam, or die.  They are supposed to wait for the Mahdi to arrive, and then kill everyone, but they are doing it now to hasten the process.

to justify subjecting Christians and other "people of the book" to a convert or die ultimatum.

tsadjatkoposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12799007_f260.jpg

What does ISIS want? Obama's State Department thinks they want jobs!

Well that is a good question given that according to President Barack Hussein Obama they are not Muslims because Islam is a "peaceful" religion and the "future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," - Barack Obama 2012!

The prophet of Islam? Mr. President, are you talking about Muhammad? The rapist, pedophile, mass murderer, war monger, liar, cheater, thief and adulterer. Oh, yes let's not slander such as him. (Obama prefers to slander Republicans).

Don't take my word for it, listen to a muslim woman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkckaZO4fw

And Mr. President if the Islamic terrorists are not Muslims, why was Bin Laden given a Muslim burial? Why was the San Bernardino duo given proper Muslim funereal rites?

Answer, because they ARE Muslims. Actually the "peaceful Muslims" are the ones who aren't practicing real Islam because true Islam is anything but peaceful.

So welcome ISIS to Obamaville, where evil is good and good is bad, right is wrong, and man made global warming is terrorism and terrorist are freedom fighters who just want a job. I thing ISIS may be pretty happy with Obamaville. I don't think ISIS really wants anything, Obama has given them everything they could want, starting with IRAQ and it will end with YOUR head on a stick.

That's bleak. But, when you're dealing a group of individuals bent on destruction, bleak seems an appropriate tone.

2. profile image0

ROTFL with that meme.  Look at Obama's face!  LOL

3. m abdullah javed profile image75
      m abdullah javedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Mr TSAD the language you have used against the Prophet of Islam is very disturbing, it doesn't establish your credibility to be a torch bearer of peace.

4. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66

Muhammad, with no disrespect to your faith, I think that a lot of non-Muslims are bothered by the Prophet's marriage to a nine year girl. What's your take on that?

5. tsadjatko profile image65

Marriage to a 9 year old girl! Pedophilia is probably the most virtuous thing he has been documented to have done were it possible to describe his life of immorality in such a way.Any sane person would be ashamed to  be a follower of Muhammad.

6. m abdullah javed profile image75

TSAD, without knowing the wisdom behind any initiative simply blaming is unjustifiable and an act that doesn't suit to a sensible person like you, I would request you to go through the details of that incident.

7. tsadjatko profile image65

Watch this, here this Muslim woman lays it all out for you, pleaase show us where she is wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkckaZO4fwre she is wrong.

8. profile image0

This answer should have been picked as best.

9. tsadjatko profile image65

Lolita,thanks but not really,I used the Q&A to demonstrate the insanity that is known as the Obama administration's view of ISIS (remember the JV of terrorists?)I don't think that was what Andrew was looking for&I wouldn't expect to be best.

10. m abdullah javed profile image75

TSAD / Andrew... Please go through the link to know about Prophet s marriage to a nine year girl :
      http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2013/ … d.html?m=1
      I apologize for unpleasant words if any.

11. tsadjatko profile image65
    12. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66

I read both links. First link: Prophet married nine year old but it's okay because he's the prophet and the girl wanted to marry him. Second link: He married a nine year old because he wanted to have sex with a nine year old.

13. profile image0

Bottom line: this guy's elevator didn't go all the way to the top.

14. tsadjatko profile image65

Now I know why Hillary & Obama don't want to say "Islamic terrorism." They both like the idea that a leader can have multiple reasons to participate in immorality. Obama: "The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander the prophet" PUKE,PUKE,PUK

5. Rosa Malaga profile image71
    Rosa Malagaposted 8 years ago

ISIS, or Daesh, (as opposed to Al Qaeda which just wanted the West out of Islamic territories) is a religious death cult that believes they will bring about the apocalypse through a great war with the West (Rome) where they believe that they will be victorious.  Again, unlike Al Qaeda, ISIS needs to hold physical territory in order to have a caliphate, so they likely would have left the West alone for a while - Western attacks upon ISIS in Syria have only hastened the inevitable.

6. m abdullah javed profile image75
    m abdullah javedposted 8 years ago

ISIS has nothing to do with Islam and the Muslims. The Muslim scholars have categorically rejected the isis's  claim and they haven't recognize it's existence, and among the Muslims in general, one can find a kind of hatred towards such a terror group, whose claims and activities are quite detrimental to the teachings of Islam.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

Really? May I ask you, wouldn't it be true to say Islam stands or falls on the credibility of Muhammad on which we do not have single evidence but unfathomable doubts because his conduct was immoral?

2. m abdullah javed profile image75

TSAD, that is not true, Islam is not a religion originated by Prophet Muhammad, rahter it's a continuation of what Prophets Abraham, Moses &  Jesus have taught and preached.

3. Zelkiiro profile image87

He's got a point, you know. Islam is the Return of the Jedi to Christianity's The Empire Strikes Back. Both are sequels to the original Star Wars--er, Judaism.

So you are not a follower of Muhammed?I never said Islam was originated by Muhammad,did I? What I said was if Muhammad is shown to be immoral does Islam still stand?A religion whose "prophet" is immoral?and what you say is proven complete BS.

5. Yoda Speaks profile image60
      Yoda Speaksposted 8 years agoin reply to this

TSAD, BS that Islam is not originated by Muhammad but of what Prophets Abraham, Moses & Jesus have taught, how is it?

6. tsadjatko profile image65

YS,try speaking normally?Irrefutable evidenceAllah,far from being the biblical God of Abraham,was actually the pre-Islamic pagan moon-god.It is an established archaeological fact worship of the moon-god was the main religion of ancientmideast.

7. Zelkiiro profile image87

Literally 5 seconds of research:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_Moon-god

8. tsadjatko profile image65

lol, only Z considers Wikipedia, known not to be a reliable source, the last word on a  researched topic. As usual Z the bigot cares ZERO about the truth & will glam onto anything anti Christian. Dig deeper Z, research takes more than 5 seconds

9. profile image0

Islam did not evolve from Judaism.  Mohammad was approached by a spirit and created Islam.  In order to get Jewish converts, he implemented Jewish stuff into Islam to appeal to them.  No one wanted to covert to Islam in the beginning,

10. tsadjatko profile image65

Instead of his default answer for everything Wikipediaman could have found many discussions&debates about what I mentioned so a reader can decide for himself what is reasonably true or false, but he is looking for a preconceived conclusion

11. Zelkiiro profile image87

How about this, then?
      http://www.brandeis.edu/now/2008/januar … story.html
      Fun Fact: Arabic Christians also refer to God as "Allah."

12. tsadjatko profile image65

That link is as lame as your wikipedia citing,reinforcing the fat that you merely look for something that supports the conclusion you seek.A debate gives both sides.I know people who refer to God as the man upstairs. Does that mean anything?NO.

7. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12800389_f260.jpg

Such extremists desire an extremely fundamentalist Islamic hegemony where those who adhere to the Islamic religion are allowed to live, even thrive while those who refuse to adhere to the Islamic religion are killed, if not exterminated.  They also want a civilization, society, & culture free of Western influences.  It is their desire to have girls & women return to a very regressive type of femininity where they have very little, if no rights.  They want women to subscribe to Sharia Law where women are to adopt to a very strict feminine role of wife & mother with any deviation silenced, even punished.   In fact, these extremists want a male dominant hegemony where anyone who is not a heterosexual male will be marginalized, even demonized as an insignificant personae non gratae unworthy of living in their world.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU FOR SELECTING MY ANSWER!

2. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66

It was well stated and informed. I think it gets to the heart of the question. Their demands are different than other groups because they want to press rewind on the progress of civilization.

3. tsadjatko profile image65

She got my vote too!

8. Besarien profile image74
    Besarienposted 8 years ago

Sorry, I don't particularly care. What they are doing shouldn't get them what they want anyway. I say ignore them. If someone commits a crime for what ever reason, try them and let the punishment fit the crime.

What are the options for holding them accountable? I certainly don't want them to be successful. I want them to be stopped.

2. tsadjatko profile image65

Nuke them, it ended the last WW and we shouldn't allow one more American soldier suffer at their hands, let alone the rest of the world's innocents. Maybe then and with a new president maybe these terrorists will take seriously

3. profile image0

Ignoring them will not work, are you kidding me?  How could you not care?  If we ignore them, they will make their way here (if they haven't already) and then you will care!

4. Andy Lee Lawson profile image66

That's right TSAD, I'm sick of losing soldiers. The country is already short on men of valor. Let's stop sacrificing the ones we have.

9. importantopinions profile image60
    importantopinionsposted 8 years ago

To control a Nation that they don't agree with. To turn everyone into their laws of hate and destruction. To destroy Us Americans, because our Nation is free, has laws to protect women rights, to have everyone else believe in the fabricated religion that they created, same God, same laws same ruling.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)