What funny things do you remember your children or grandchildren or any child sa

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 8 years ago

What funny things do you remember your children or grandchildren or any child saying?

My grandchildren keep me smiling with some of the things they say. My granddaughter, Lily, who was about 3 or 4 at the time (5 now), was watching and dancing to a Keith Urban video of the song, "Love Somebody Like You" when she turned and looked at me and said, "Him is a nice boy!" Haha I said, "Him is!" My 3 year old grandson, Landon, who loves superheroes, asked his daddy who had been terrible sick, "Daddy, did you get the Kryptonite?" Aw...My oldest granddaughter, back a couple of years ago said, "Him (God) is working hard, Nanny!" after seeing "colored" pink clouds in the sky.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12919644_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

I told my son to stop being facetious.
    He said he can't be that, because he doesn't even know what the word means.

Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha ... Too funny! Thank you for sharing, Tamara.

3. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 8 years ago

My grandson, who is now 6, was slow to potty train.  But, at age 3, he finally pooped in the potty and, boy, was he proud!  I answered the phone and it was my son who said, "Dad, Jake has something to tell you," and handed the phone to Jake.  He said, "Grampy, I just pooped in the potty...I went, unnnnnhhhh (straining sound) and it came out."  So, trying not to laugh out loud,  I told him how proud of him I was and how he was such a big boy, and generally lavished praise on him.  When I finally took a breath he jumped in with, "It looked like a six."

Hahaha so funny! Thank you for sharing that gem there ...Bob. I too have a lot of "poop" related stories of my children and grandchildren's LOL.

2. profile image0
      Bob Bambergposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Funny thing...when I wrote my response to your question, I had a hubber score of 91.  When I just jumped on to read your comment, I noticed I was down to a 90.  HP must not see the humor in grand children's poop stores.

3. Faith Reaper profile image84

Aw, no way... I hope that's not the case! I'm sure it will pop back up shortly!

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If that boy knew what a 6 looked like it was time he was pooping in a potty! (Just kidding!) Some don't appreciate my humor and my husband said he already had 3 dates before he knew what a 6 looked like. (But that's another story!)

5. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hahaha Jackie, that is a good observation there.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image60
      tirelesstravelerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

RA (2) "Do you want some salad"? "Yes, of course".   
      HJ(3) "unkle,  unkle.   Unkle asks, "Why do you alway cal me unkle unkle? Do you even know my name? HJ "Yes, I do". 
      What is it?
      "Unkle, unkle Aaron ....the boy". Kids are funny.

7. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hahaha Judy ...thank you for sharing!

Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years ago

Oh my oldest granddaughter, Nikki, was a real case. I think the funniest may have been one I was not there for though. My husband had her going for a buggy to put her in and they met up with a painted lady you might say at the buggies and it just thrilled Nikki. She said "Pawpaw I bet you wish you had a pretty girlfriend like that don't you?" She went on and on admiring all the red lipstick, rouge and nail polish. Well you know what a spot that put him in not able to say yes or no and he said the painted lady seemed to be wanting an answer too. lol
    It was one of those he wanted to kill her for but it has given so many laughs over the years with dozens of others!

Hahaha Oh my, Jackie, she really did put Pawpaw in a predicament!  My daughter pulled a good one on me when she was very little while we were out shopping. I don't have enough room here to explain but it was humiliating to say the least.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85

Love those grand kids of yours, they are just dolls. Hey I may work on a hub about this. I mean it would be fun trying and if it doesn't work out can't hurt anything huh? Will see if anyone else has done it. You didn't plan to did you?

Oh, I think that is a fun idea for a hub, Jackie!  And, no, I wasn't planning on doing a hub about it. There's supposed to be a way from the question to say you wrote a hub from it when you get it done. I look forward to it!

Yeah, me too if it turns out as much fun as I think it would and not only that but after talking to my husband I found out I didn't cover all the facts and hm, not sure I can! lol
      But I will try!

Hahaha ...please try! You're a writer so you will work it out just right.

5. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 years ago

When I was working in the office of a cement factory during 1980, my youngest son (2 year old at that time) somehow reached my office gate and the watchman informed with about it. I immediately went to the gate and was stunned to see the child there. I got angry, scolded him and took him back to the house and scolded at wife also for letting him go.
    And, you know what he complained to his mother? He told her weeping that dad was happily enjoying the train journeys in the office!!!
    It was a factory compound and the goods trains keep passing there regularly to transport raw materials and cement bags and my office was inside that compound. So he thought that all working inside there travel in those trains. It was the most funny thing that we smile at even now.

Hahaha, a child's perception of things is so funny at times!  Thank you for sharing, Dear Ven.  I hope you are enjoying a peaceful Sunday.  Blessings

6. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

my son used to ask what is "proud". Can proud be eaten? Is it delicious?

Hahaha, it does kind of sound like something one would eat.  Thank you for sharing, peachy!

7. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 8 years ago

When our son was about 4, every time he would see something new on his plate, he would ask : "Will I like it?"
    His mother had a universal answer to all those "why's?" that kids of his age would not understand : "Well, that's the way it has to be".
    In few instances when she caught him doing something bad, she asked him : "Why did you do it?
    The little philosopher would say seriously, as if teaching her : "Mom, that's the way it has to be".

Hahaha, so cute and wise!  Yes, those whys are enough to get to us if we don't come up with an answer to cut them off so they will not go on forever, but that is how they learn, asking the why!  Your son learned : )

2. shanmarie profile image70
      shanmarieposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha!  They get us like that. Sometimes things backfire.

So true, Shan, mine backfires a lot!  LOL

8. profile image0
    hubber8893posted 8 years ago

I am an unmarried 23 year old male and naturally I have nothing to share about my children but I would to like share the funny thing that I would use to ask when I was a child.
    When I was about 6 year old I would ask my mother,"Mom! How was I born?" and my mother would give a more funny,"One day it was raining heavily outside and I put a bathing tub in the courtyard where God threw you from the sky and I picked up."

Oh, I am so glad you did!  Oh my goodness ...that is hilarious Hahaha Mom pulled a good one there! My mom asked me if I had pooped in my pants, and I told her, no Eddie did! Eddie is my younger brother LOL. I was quick on the draw ...

9. shanmarie profile image70
    shanmarieposted 8 years ago

Oh my gosh, this could be a hub all it's own. Kid's make smile with the things they say, whether they are mine or someone else's. Facebook is great fun to see what other children say. My friend's daughter told her that ghosts sleep with her and sometimes better her body, but that she shouldn't be scared because they don't do anything weird

The other day my daughter told me that disobeying divas don't have to listen. When Ivtokd her disobeying divas go to bed early she said, "No, they don't. That's the definition of disobey." I told her "I'm glad you know the definition of disobey, but do you know the definition of punishment?" She quickly said, "No TV, no phone, No fun on spring break!" So I said, "Now that we have that straight." She wasn't being sassy to get in trouble. She's just quick with her mind. Still, I hate to see her teen years!

They constantly make me laugh with things they come up with.

Haha, Shan, yes, i, too, am constantly laughing now at my grandchildren. She sounds like you in rspect to being quick with her mind. I hope everyone is feeling better at your house this evening.

10. profile image0
    JG Hemlockposted 8 years ago

I have twins so they doubled up on me. Little ones are so funny! When I was 8 months pregnant a friend introduced me to her young nephew who had just learned about sex. He looked at my huge twin belly and she said "She has 2 babies in there." His little face looked up at me mortified and he said "ohhhhh you did it twice."

One of my twins opened my glove compartment and pulled out my car insurance. Our windows were down in the car! Oh my! He saw that  there was $10,000.00 in insurance. He said to me! "Wow we get 10G if you get in a car accident." I said, "No honey. If I die while driving I am worth 10G." Just as we got to the red light and came to a stop, he looked over at me and looked bewildered. He said, "What am I worth?" I yelled really loud out of exasperation, "You're worth nothing!"  The lady in the next lane gave me the dirtiest look and then jerked her car and got behind me when the light changed. She was writing down my license plate probably intending to turn me in to Child Protection. bahahahaaa

And the other twin got me in his first grade class. The DARE program showed up and taught them about drug usage. His cute little face came home and he was so happy telling me all that he'd learned about drugs. His twin brother said "He even raised his hand and talked to the police."  I only remember smiling as I asked him what he had shared...and then my face dropped in shock. My very own kid looked so excited as he replied, "I told the police that you do drugs!" I said "WHAT?" His reply? "Well you do mommy. They said nicotine is a drug so you do drugs." Oh my God help me.

They are going to be 31 years old and just typing this memory makes my face red as I laugh my butt off. That's okay. I am praying they each have twins and they will see how fun it is.  bahahahahaaaa

Hi JG, oh, double the fun! Those are some doosies there LOL My son was just telling me that his daughters, my granddaughters just had DARE to come to their school and my son smokes ...so Hahaha He's been hearing a lot. Thanks for sharing!

2. profile image0
      JG Hemlockposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhhh somebody is gonna rat him out for doing drugs. Yikers!

Hahaha nicotine ...cigarettes.that reminds me back when DARE came to my son's school when he was little and told them about not drinking and driving.I was drinking a Pepsi and he was so upset  telling me to not drink and drive LOL and to dispose it.

4. profile image0
      JG Hemlockposted 8 years agoin reply to this

bahahaha that's a riot. It is so cute how they think so literal. Precious!

Yes, and no matter how I tried to explain they were talking about alcohol, he just kept on saying ...No, don't drink and drive, Mom! Hahaha

11. profile image53
    Albe de Klerkposted 7 years ago

The smallest thing in life,is the little thing of a child,the love they carry,the unexpected thing they do,that really put a smile on your face,the happiness they carry.

Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Albe, they certainly bring a lot of joy into this life!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)