What are the effects of procrastination on our spiritual life?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Pacesetter Abbey profile image47
    Pacesetter Abbeyposted 7 years ago

What are the effects of procrastination on our spiritual life?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12976155_f260.jpg

2. pippap profile image79
    pippapposted 7 years ago

The bible says the way to "heaven" is through faith and good works.  If we procrastinate in our spiritual lives we face the possibility that we may come up short in the "good works" department. 

Unfortunately, procrastination is an easy trap to fall into; and, many of us become complacent without realizing it.  We must remain vigilant that we live each day to the fullest accomplishing as much as we can spiritually.

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

IF we "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for "THE PROMISE" (Jn14:26;16:13) HE "works," not us (Eph 2:9)!  Therefore, if we have "waited" HE "works," and there's no "procrastination" or "complacency" from the Holy Spirit!!!

3. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Huge! I may not name them but they are huge! I was taught by a man who seemed always in a hurry; who defied laws; who was not bound by plans; believed in the impossible; in constant movements ...

Alas! We felt it was too much and today we miss him so much! In the spiritual life, we go up or down. One cannot coast, as temptation is only a second behind. There must be a constant forward, upward movement to the Divine.

There is no such thing as rest, only change of work; no sabbath; no 7 times a day prayer; nor I'll do this tomorrow..... all we ever have is the Sacrament of the Present Moment; The Eternal Now or Here and Now; The Present Moment...

Procrastination pulls us back, and the forces of temptation and frustration hinders our progress. Procrastination takes away from our discipline; our regularity; our focus .... alas! even great Souls have had difficulty with this. This is not only a great, but an essential question for all God-lovers. Much Peace.

1. profile image52

One should NOT be "taught by a man" but by the Holy Spirit! 
      IF 1 "Walks in the Spirit"  (Gal 5:16) & allow the Holy Spirit to "lead & guide us," DAILY (Jn 14:26;16:13), there's no "procrastination" from the Holy Spirit!

4. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Procrastination is kinda' in flux with needs and responsiblity. "Do I need this or that?" Philosophically one may need tomorrow for today and not do what yesterday's plan was. Is that procrastinating? There is the flux of independent needs contrast dependent needs too. Herein enters responsibility. In other words needs change alongside responsibility. A question to ask is what is being demanded?

Spiritual life is so vast I dare not really go there. It is both prescribed and discovered IMHO. Someone or some organized entity prescribes what a spiritual life is or one discovers for 'self'. Therein lie the question of quality.

1. profile image52

"IT IS WRITTEN!"
      "STUDY" (II Timothy 2:15)!

5. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

Let's ALWAYS see what GOD says:

John 4:23-24 {paraphrasing}  "...True Worshipers" MUST worship in Spirit and in Truth..." 

By doing so:  II Corinthians 3:18 {paraphrasing} we "...are changed from glory to glory..." 

Philippians 3:12-18 says we don't "procrastinate" but "press toward" (v12) "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I FOLLOW AFTER, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. (v14) I "press toward" the "mark of the prize" of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (v15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be "THUS MINDED:" and if in any thing YE BE "OTHERWISE MINDED," God shall reveal it unto you. (v16) Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained; let us walk by THE SAME RULE, let us mind THE SAME THING. (v17) Brethren, be followers TOGETHER OF "ME," and "mark them" which walk so as ye have "US" (Apostles) as an "ENSAMPLE."

(NOTE: Here is where "RELIGION" is today, NOT "observing" the disciples (Matthew 28:20)! "Procrastinating!!!") 

(v18) "For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and "now" tell you even "weeping," THAT THEY ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST: (V19) Whose end is "destruction," whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)"

GOD has "WRITTEN" we are to "observe the disciples," yet "RELIGION" has deceived MOST!  Why do you think Revelation 21:14 says "And the wall of the city had "TWELVE FOUNDATIONS," and in them the names of the TWELVE APOSTLES of the Lamb?"  Aren't we to "observe the apostles" and "build on That Foundation, "Jesus Christ being the Chief Cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:20)?  Why do you think Jesus "chose Paul as "A vessel" (Acts 9;15)?  Why do you think "Paul" wrote the majority of the New Testament? 

The Holy Spirit (aka Jesus; John 14:26 "...in my name...") continued His Mission as He said He would (Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 8:10; 10:16) speaking THROUGH PAUL "After those days" (After His ascension) as He also spake through The Prophets!       

GOD says in Hebrews 3:7-8;11 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, "TODAY" if ye will hear his voice, (v8) HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, as in the day of provocation..." (v11) "So I sware in my wrath, THEY SHALL NOT ENTER INTO MY REST.)"

Therefore, "Procrastination" is NOT AN OPTION "if" in Christ Jesus; for we "press toward the mark for the prize" and "change from glory to glory" into HIS likeness or we "shall not enter into His rest!"

Blessings!

6. Blessed Hill profile image61
    Blessed Hillposted 7 years ago

I believe God brings windows of opportunity across our paths. Procrastination will allow that window to close or other "voices" to talk us out of making a decision. Every spiritual decision has to be made by faith based upon the Word of God. The flesh never wants to do anything spiritual and the devil tries to nullify our faith by stealing the Word out of our heart.
    Procrastination can be fatal to our walk of faith.

1. profile image52

The "battle" is within the "soul" (mind,will & emotion)!  We MUST stay equipped w/the WORD so we can "STAND" against the "wiles" of the devil" (Eph 6:10-18) who constantly uses "procrastination" to impede our "spiritual" walk!   
      "STAND!"
      Blessi

7. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 7 years ago

Felix's story illustrates the effects of procrastination.  We can relate to the self-inflicting sabotage which results from delay. We can also learn to prevent these dangers to our spiritual lives. read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)