Why do poor people in America ALWAYS blame society for their socioeconomic predi

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

Why do poor people in America ALWAYS blame society for their socioeconomic predicament &

VIEW social programs as the ultimate remedy instead of taking responsibility to assess their non-thinking & negative behavior & life choices?   Why do poor people believe that they are THE VICTIM in their life scenario-looking to be rescued, instead of seeing that they are the main players as far as their socioeconomic condition goes?   Analytical answers only. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8454265_f260.jpg

2. Matthew Woolsey profile image64
    Matthew Woolseyposted 7 years ago

First I would ask if you are rich and don't have any thing to worry about.
    Because if you are that's a very judgmental question. But to answer your question for the poor folks which I am one don't blame the government, not say some do but you have to realize living check to check barley surviving and then ask our government which was made to help it's people and ends us no helping them when they ask for help would make anyone angry.

3. dewilliams30 profile image68
    dewilliams30posted 7 years ago

I think you should first ask why are they poor? Poor people aren't just poor there are circumstances that put them in that situation. In order to truly answer your question one would need to know why are they poor. Some rich people become poor. Some who have worked for many many years and have done the right thing by investing their monies into 401k plans and Retirement plans end up losing their money to the world of trading and all that stems from that. I have worked in the field and I have seen people lose thousands of dollars. I have also seen people work and get laid off and can't find another job right away and or find a job whereas they can continue to survive. There are some people who literally live pay check to pay check and then lose tiheir jobs and I can speak for myself with that one. I lost my job and haven't been able to find another job. I have ran through what I did have for investment to pay off mortgage payments and car notes. This is life. Going to into foreclosure and ending up homeless could very well happen. I pray that it doesn't. I would like to think that the jobs I have applied to something comes up but for now only temp agencies have responded and still I await for the employer to say hey we're ready to interview. Ish happens. That's the bottom line. Some can't climb back up so easily and or don't have that support they will need to help them back up. Unfortunately there are so many formulas to this equation more information is needed.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

I couldn't even guess, and the best answer would have to come from that class of people that are poor, and blame society.

Are they blaming Society, or the Government or People that are not poor. And it may be all of that.

Even the definition of Poor People has a range that makes it look different for parts of the class. Homeless people versus those that have a difficult time keeping afloat are both poor but different.
    There is cash poor, asset poor, and other types of poor.
    Tough question to answer.

5. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Blaming a nebulous other is easier than taking personal responsibility, as well as gives you an excuse to do nothing about it.
    The Muslim world does this, too, by blaming everything on the Jews and the West instead of cleaning up its own society to give women equal rights, adopt capitalism over crony business deals for nobility or friends and family of dictators, encouraging people to study real world skills versus the Koran, etc.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

+10000000000000000000000000000000000, Tamara.

1. GA Anderson profile image87
        GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Resurrecting a 2-year old thread?  Unfortunately, I can empathize, this forum has been a bit barren lately.

On the plus side; I know that we both agree on the personal responsibility' aspect of these types of discussions.

As the nominated forum Purple representative, (per Don W's acclamation), you have my permission to carry on.

GA

6. wingedcentaur profile image65
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Do poor people in America always blame society for their socioeconomic predicament? Has that been established? Compared to other advanced industrialized countries like the United States, we don't have a lot of political class consciousness. I think if poor people in America really "blamed society for their socioeconomic predicament," movements like "Occupy" would have been more sustained.

You say that they "view social programs as the ultimate remedy instead of taking responsibility to assess their non-thinking and negative behavior & life choices." Do the rich not partake of government "social" programs? They do help themselves to what is called "corporate welfare."

I would refer you to an excellent free online book by economist Dean Baker. Its called "The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer."

If the poor need to "take responsibility," I think it only fair that we ask the rich and super rich to go first!

Take it easy!

7. Castlepaloma profile image74
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Yes, the Goverment is very backwards and needs to be revised and replaced, because they suck.

Then again, the people allowed them to, so do the people suck too?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)