Is Trump smarter than all of the people going after him?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 6 years ago

Is Trump smarter than all of the people going after him?

It sure seems to me that this guy has a whole lot of politically astute people and the worlds best investigators going after him. And I think it clear they have been doing so in earnest since about January of 2016. But nothing has stuck? Nobody could be that good at politics could they?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12291723_f260.jpg

Eric
    I think he is like Bruce Lee in the mandatory crowd fight scene. You  know, two or three dozen foes, against one man. Yet, the skill set, at least on the movie set, is a lot of work, but successful.

Who isn't after Trump? Most of them are like the pests, they hide in the darkness and make life miserable. Some are out in the open, or someone has turned the lights on them. The latter can be dealt with, but the former is the challenge.

The success of the modern day, last 100 years, politicians is not measured in contributions to the US or the American people, but to their powerful financial &political backers. While an army travels on their stomachs, politicians travel on the backs of scorpions.

Trump is not a politicians per se, but he has been around and in politics his entire career. NYC has changed little over the years. If you want to do something or get something built there, you have to play politics. These are tough politics, and like Hollywood if you want to work there, you better be RED.

So to answer your ?, we have to approach the Trump presidency like building a skyscraper. You have to spend the most time and effort building a foundation. Until that foundation is set, you don't really see the building. But, if the foundation is faulty, so will anything that you build on it.

The Swamp as Trump calls it is still making the foundation site like quicksand. The swamp didn't get filled overnight, and it won't be drained in the first year.

At this point, it is hard to tell who are the smart ones, but taking a sampling today, it doesn't look like Trump is dumb. Consider it like a game of Texas Holdem, we only see the initial overturned cards.

The left and the MSM are bluffing, and Trump has the edge because they have divulged their strategy, while Trump is tweeting them in opposition.

The liberals are suffering from PTDS. Post Trump Defeat Syndrome. They are afraid of everything he does. It reminds me of being out on the desert and having a snake sneak up on you. You have your "gun", and the startle has left you without fine motor control. You point the gun at the snake, and fire until there are no more bullets. The dust literally clears, and surprise the snake is still there. It may have jumped several feet while the shooting was going on, but look at the situation now. You are out of bullets, the snake is not out of fangs and venom.

Look at all the bullets that the left have shot in the previous year, and yet Trump is still standing.

Ericdierkerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like the rattlesnake analogy. I had to go off trail because of one on Wed. For the most part it seems that the long game is what Trump sees and he farts around with Twitter to keep the snake occupied with something else.

bradmasterOCcalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Eric
      I like the twitter comment, perfect snake analogy analogy.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image55
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The snake (wisdom) is only seen by Trump and he is firing his bullets while the wisdom of the constitution [https://hubpages.com/politics/The-U-S-Constitutions-Spirit] is still there to cut him asunder.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

What?

3. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Trump don't have to smarter than them, but he must hire people that have the experience needed in his cabinet. Trump has the power that's not enough. Past Presidents were not smart, heck many rich people aren't that smart. But Presidents must be surrounded with those that are intelligent and experienced for politics.

It kind of seems to me that he calculates failures while collecting his new currency of favors and political capital. And of course you are right about the surrounding. Seems to me like he is taking his time weeding.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

The only missing ingredient is We The People not understanding the Constitution, as my Hub "The UI.S. Constitution's Spirit" reveals, is the key to cleaning up government which is this nation's Domestic Enemy. Let us People show it to Session.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Show what?

4. HollieT profile image80
    HollieTposted 6 years ago

No. If he was then he wouldn't have gotten himself into such a mess so early on in his presidency. He's toast.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Hollie
      What mess?Got anything else?

2. Ericdierker profile image45

I kind of go with Brad here. From January 2016 to now and not one smoking gun or interference in his agenda does not look like a mess. POTUS did not bow to a regime that hates women. But he got smoking hot deals done.

3. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Eric Dierker Actually RussianFlynn was known  & Sessions also back in  Aug 2016.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

ptosis
      Flynn known to do what with Russia. What crime, what impact on the election? Any different than quid pro quo of Clinton Foundation?

5. Ericdierker profile image45

I reckon I am more of a gardener than a politician. Because I consider Flynn and Comey as a reality of weeding. Some weeds keep pests off your plants and should be kept. Just a fact. But sometimes you have to cull even the good plants.

Ericdierkerposted 6 years ago

Personally I got no skin in this game. If we knocked Trump the dude to replace him is squeaky clean and more of a conservative. Kind of like us knocking out Hussein with ISIS filling the void. Do liberals really want Pence?
    But the fanaticism against Trump really looks real. I have some inside scoops from the Dems. They really are working more on getting legislators elected.
    So it comes down to a single question. Why can't the fringe get real damning evidence that flat out fries Trump? What is wrong with this train trying to convict POTUS.

1. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Takes time, how many investigations over the years against HRC and nothing happened. Impeachment is not conviction. Not exactly a vote of no confidence in Briton neither. Don't forget - it's been less than 5 months.

Ptosis
      Those were not real investigations.The resistance to Jump started the day he announced his candidacy. The left are just Anti Americans doing the work of domestic terrorists.

3. Ericdierker profile image45

Hi Ptosis I think really we should be saying 18 months of investigations. We know that the Obama admin was doing some investigation by July 2016. OTOH I think it took 3 years to toss Nixon so ???

4. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

U may not have skin in this game, Eric - but U have a passionate soul 4 Trump. Pence is no better. Libs & Conservatives R fighting over it more than us Moderates. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 … mpeachment

Guilty as charged as I have been quite passionate about all our Presidents. I do not always agree with them but I give them the deference they deserve as the leader of the greatest democracy the world has even known.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image55
    The0NatureBoyposted 6 years ago

The first thing we need to know his Dad is a Nazi from Germany with a name changed to Trump as the starting place.

Second; Bush's destroying the WTC Towers and getting the patriot act passed paved the way for the promise of change Obama who relinquishes the nation supposedly controlling the world into a Nazi trained in deception to finalize the NWO of killing everyone off who they don't want anywhere the world over.

That is not smart it's the plan put in motion before they put Hitler up to test the ability to do it. The secret is; everybody looking for something to get him on is overlooking what will get Bush, Obama, him, Congress, all cabinet members from all administrations, the Supreme Court Justices and a bunch of other people who has to be dug out of the woodwork because of 9/11.

Art 1.3.6 “The Senate shall have all power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation” with the exception for presidents that reads “When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: and no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.” Then continues with “Judgments in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States:” prohibiting their holding any other government position after being impeached. Then 1.3.7 ends it saying “but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial and Punishment according to law. 

Art 3.3.1: Treason against the United States consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt act, or on Confession in open Court. 

Art 2.4: “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” 

Amend 10: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The setting up a false flag to make the world like 1930s Germany is planned, not at all smart of him but a bought government working for it to happen. Let us see what does happen, that or son of man arrives.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

TheNatureBoy

Now that you stated a compendium of the constitution, you need to apply it to some specifics.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Applied to 9/11's treason catching all department heads with https://hubpages.com/politics/Why-And-H … Overthrown showing it, https://hubpages.com/politics/The-U-S-C … ons-Spirit shows other applications.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

I don't follow links

4. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Then you just invalidated your first comment, you can't have your cake and eat it also.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

No I didn't, it is not wise to follow links, that is how your computer gets viruses. If you have something to say, use your own words. Don't make people vulnerable to viruses.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image55

They are Hub Pages links, then go to my profile and read them.

7. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Why can't you just give me the highlights.

8. The0NatureBoy profile image55

The U.S. Constitution isn't implemented, "the overthrow" shows how all government officials are to be overthrown because 9/11, the other, We The People are responsible for not doing what it DEMANDS of us to keep it from becoming corrupt.

9. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

What are we supposed to be doing?

10. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Eat the cake, only through your digesting it will you know, I'vve provided it for you, eat it or forget it.

7. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13542820_f260.jpg

'Nobody could be that good at politics, could they?' that seems like a wishful-thinking thing to say when you know dang well fivish measley months doesn't mean squat. Perhaps Comey's coming testimony has you worried... It should.

Did you HEAR what Brennan had to say during the hearings in the Senate?!! Do you understand that Trump firing Comey at the TIMING he did dumps more suspicion on him?

Why does it seem like only MODERATES care about this country?!! What the Russians tried to do intentionally meddling in our election by HACKING into our systems is an ACT OF WAR that I, for one, am not willing to simply 'brush off' because T-fans are starting to see clouds of doom forming over their potus. We all know that many of you are as daft & childish as Trump - and are ready to grab your guns, again. RELAX, there is a PROCESS that we are going through.

It is entirely possible that Russia tried to use Trump somehow - through people affiliated with him or his campaign - WITHOUT his knowledge. If Trump and the GOP had been as concerned about Russia's interferance from the beginning as they SHOULD have been - I doubt the suspicions around him would be this strong. For all we know, the GOP foundation worked with the Russians to HELP get Trump elected so that they could have their way with the country later - after they made sure he was booted. They sure as hell were not going to win the election with a decent candidate based on their policies.

Yeah, its a bit of a conspiracy theory... But, I have been suspicious from the beginning about HOW & WHY the OLD divisions between Americans have been cultivated to go as deep & wide as possible. Across the world, this kind of 'dividing' has been INTENTIONAL - and smart people like you and I, Eric (well, you're usually smart) are the ones who need to build bridges instead of continuing to blow them up.

As a Moderate, I feel confident in speaking on behalf of most of us when I say that this election has been the most difficult for us - because its like watching two siblings who are really mad at each other fight, while not being able to do much about it. However, now that the partisans have had their fun - if the country is still standing by the time the fight is over - I have every confidence that we'll get it back. And I'm not the only one who feels that way: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tru … 52026.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)