I'd like feedback on my article: Understanding the Logic Behind Artificial...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Elizabeth Rossi profile image69
    Elizabeth Rossiposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Understanding the Logic Behind Artificial Intelligence (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60
      TessSchlesingerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would like to know about the learning process. The logical process is clearly expressed, but nit so much how the machine is able to understand human language and draw conclusions from it.

Your article came to an abrupt end. I was expecting you to go further into detail.

I think you made a brilliant introduction, but I was waiting for the body and more meat.

2. Jorge Cruz99 profile image74
    Jorge Cruz99posted 6 years ago

Hi Elizabeth,
    This is a great topic, very interesting. I believe you need to add more to this article and extend it past 1500 words so readers get a full sense and more details of your message. You can add some diagrams, like decision making paths machine algorithms take, or some illustrations that provide readers with a graphical explanation, or perhaps some pictures if you have them.
    Best of luck,
    Jorge

3. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

I think it would be a good idea to delete the phrase with the link. The phrase isn't necessary in order for readers to understand the sentence and linking to a specific company might be interpreted as spam. Another problem in the sentence is that you've used the singular pronoun "it" to refer to "Automation software products". I hope this helps.

4. Elizabeth Rossi profile image69

Hi Everyone! Thx for your feedback... I'm going to try and add more to the article and see how that goes. Thank you so much!

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60

+1 Let us know when you are finished.

5. Elizabeth Rossi profile image69

Hi All -

I've added way more content about logic itself and how it's applied to computer programming to build an algorithm for AI.  Hopefully this'll get approved! 

Please let me know any thoughts... I greatly appreciate your help smile

Liz

Elizabeth Rossiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It was declined again sad

1. AliciaC profile image92
        AliciaCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your article is interesting, Elizabeth. I think the creation of the tables was a great idea. The article needs to be proofread, but I don't think that's the main problem. As I said in my last post, I think the problem is the link. I was enjoying the education that I was getting as I was reading your article and then I reached a link to a commercial company. The link seems promotional and unnecessary. I suggest that you delete the link, proofread the article, and then see if it's accepted. Good luck.

6. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 6 years ago

The article was valuable without the Workfusion link. I think that AliciaC is correct and you should go ahead and delete this link and submit the article again.
    I read this the first time you posted. I can see all of the hard work that went into revising. The new article is much better.

Elizabeth Rossiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thank you smile

7. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

The article is excellent, but you're linking to a business. This means that you may benefit from linking to that business, and therefore your article lacks credibility and impartiality. Hubpages will not feature any article that is promotional.

You need to remove the link.

8. Elizabeth Rossi profile image69

Hi All -

So that worked... I removed the link and the article was approved to be published. 

For future reference then - is there a way to include external links without it seeming spammy? 

Some articles I write are for businesses that want to impart overall field knowledge and link back to like a webinar or something they may have done.

Thank you all SO much for your help!!

Liz

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You might not find that HubPages is the right place for the kind of writing you are doing. If you are being commissioned or sponsored by businesses to promote them, HubPages is definitely not suitable. They frown upon any kind of promotion. Links must be pretty much non-commercial, unbiased, and important to the topic, such as providing back-up data, studies or reports. If you can be subtle, you might get away with it, but to be honest it seems to be a lot of work for very little return, especially if you spend time writing an article only to find the link is disallowed.

HubPages is looking for magazine-style articles which provide value to the reader and advertiser, not to the businesses which might be sponsoring the article. Should you write on the topics covered in your bio, without any intention of promotion, you could do very well here.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image60

Not a chance. Hubpages does not even remotely permit you to promote business. That used to work 5 years ago - no longer. Google is very tough on it, and it would immediately affect hubpages Page Rank. You can write articles. You cannot in any way link it to a business website.

9. Elizabeth Rossi profile image69

Okay good to know - so research or supportive links are allowed but linking to a business isn't, if I'm understanding correctly.  Some articles I write are commissioned by businesses, but I've really enjoyed the group support and even the style of writing within HubPages, so will definitely continue to post articles here... just not the business-y ones smile

Thanks again for all of your help!

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to you. Do not expect to earn much but keep working at it and you eventually will do okay. Consdering that you are in California the earnings here will not seem like much but with time they will be enough to pay one or two bills around your house. As long as you enjoy the writing, and write about things you passionate about, you will do okay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)