Mocking Alert: Which statement was a bigger fabrication?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13929461.jpg
    'I would love to sit down and talk to Mueller under oath.'
    or
    'I believe I would have run into there, even if I didn't have a weapon.'

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The biggest fabrication of the past ten years was the ridiculous military strikes on Libya, and the shameless lie that such was a 'humanitarian mission.' I'm so very thankful we've got Donald Trump in the White House, and not Hillary Clinton.

Valeantposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Solid attempt to hijack the thread.  Shocking that a Trump supporter would take the same side as Putin in your example.  Just totally surprising.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So you support the North African slave trade? What a guy.

I didn't say I supported anything.  I just noted your position mirrors that of the Russians and that you admit to being a Trump supporter.  Now how about if you want to talk Libya, go make your own thread.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81
              Sharlee01posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Valenant, I can see bringing Libya hit a cord. And it should, because the story we were fed by Clinton as well as Obama could not in any respect be called a fabrication. It was a bold face lie...  In regards to the two statements that were quoted in this post, Trump was giving an opinion on perhaps what he would have done or would like to do. They in no ways can be proven as purposeful lies. Hillary Clinton lied, and she did in a haughty tone, and wore a smug face.  You see she lies with ease.

Westman hit too close to home, broke through your  shield by making a very obvious point and comparison.  Sometimes one can still hear even with their fingers i their ears, and humming a lively tune. And I don't know where the hell Russia came into all of this, that's actually silly, glib, and over used.

Me:  Trump made two preposterous statements, which was more outlandish?
                Trump Supporter:  Libya.
                Me:  Thanks for clearing that up, Einstein.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I will address the question, Val. Both statements are equally obnoxious, as is himself...  yikes

RG, Both  of Trump's statements were obnoxious.

1. profile image0
          promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Kudos for your honesty.

3. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't matter. Trump is more popular than Obama.

"Trump's job approval number stood at 48 per cent on Wednesday in a Rasmussen Reports tracking poll. Fifty-one per cent disapprove.

On February 21, 2010, Obama's was 45 per cent, with 54 per cent opposed to his work in the Oval Office."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … dency.html

1. profile image0

Rasmussen Reports is a famously Republican polling firm.

Gallup has Trump at 39% Approve, 56% disapprove. 
          Gallup had Obama at 50% Approve, 43% disapprove in 2010 during the same week. 

Yeah, sure Trump is more popular.

1. profile image0

Gallup is much more neutral than Rasmussen. Personally, I like Real Clear Politics because it has a collection of polls.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot … -6179.html

Notice how Rasmussen has a much higher approval rating for Trump than any other poll. Pure Republican bias. No credibility.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
              Readmikenowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So what? Gallup is also a poll that predicted Hillary Clinton would win the election in a landslide.  Also, Gallup is a left wing polling group.

https://www.quora.com/Are-the-Pew-and-G … -left-wing

Did you even read the five opinions at that link you just sent?  They all pretty much said Gallup has to be non-partisan. 

As for Gallup being undermined because their polling missed Trump winning, here is Rasmussen the day before the election:  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ … 2016_picks

2. profile image0

Gallup did not predict Hillary would win in a landslide in the final weeks before the election.

It had her with a wide lead until Comey said he was opening the investigation into her email server again. At that point, her lead vanished and victory for either one was within the margin of error.

Are all polling groups left wing if they have numbers that make Trump look bad?

4. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Donald Trump, in his own words:

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.

Thank God for the Marines. “What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” shared Trump.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

I'm glad he had bone spurs. Probably would have gotten others killed.

2. Dean Traylor profile image92
    Dean Traylorposted 6 years ago

Decisions, decision...this is like choosing between arsenic and cyanide to put in your cocktail. But...if I have to chose, I'd have to go with the latter. In an interview with Howard Stern (which I know all the Trump supporters will try to deconstruct) he mentioned he couldn't stand the sight of blood and actually walked away when somebody had an accident in front of him.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

True Dean, he was more worried about the blood staining the beautiful marble floor.  True dat!

3. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 6 years ago

And yet you deflect once more on the same thread. Have you actually studied how these polls are taken.  They call 1,000 individuals as a rule in large cities. These polls can easily be skewed, as they were the night Trump won. Please look that up and post it. I would prefer it came from you...

Sharlee, responding to a claim someone has made on my thread isn't a deflection, it's called responding.  And to claim that Trump is more popular by quoting a Rasmussen poll, which the entire world knows skews severely conservative is pretty misleading.

You've had trouble following along on a few of my posts.  This is going to turn nasty soon.  I suggest we avoid each other so neither of us gets banned.

I agree...

2. profile image0

You are correct in that polls can skew slightly in one direction or another. Professional pollsters use a number of ways to avoid the problem.

A good poll will list a margin of error. The smaller the margin, the better the poll.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I wonder.  Polls can be skewed a lot more than "slightly" and it really seems odd when liberally biased pollsters always have the opposite results from conservatively biased ones.  Personally, I believe that 90% or more of the polls we see are designed to give a specific result.  A pollster hired to conduct a poll on public approval ratings of Trump for CNN won't last long if his poll shows that 75% of the people approve, just as an example.  Food to feed his children with is worth more than his integrity, but isn't that the case whenever politics is on the scene?

4. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

That one is about as bad as we're going to build the wall and Mexico is going to pay for it.  But yes, that one was definitely an outright lie.

I'd even throw in 'Benghazi was caused because of a video' as bad too.

5. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

I don't blame her, onus! tongue

I think we can agree most presidents lie, and fabricate the truth or better yet express their own opinion without thinking.  Which is a very human mistake...  For instance, the statesmen Obama made about Trump from a news conference from The "Rose Garden Oct, 18 2016. We now know Obama new very well of the Russian interference in the election, and chose to share the better part of that knowledge with the Trump campaign.  NYT "WASHINGTON — President Obama ridiculed Donald J. Trump on Tuesday for saying that the presidential election was rigged against him, telling Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, to “stop whining and go try to make his case” to win more votes than Hillary Clinton. 

Is it fair to hold Trump to a higher standard?  I could give many examples of presidents lying. Trump may be the king of over stating his opinion. Will this man ever be  considered for his accomplishments, his agenda?  I have lost friends over my vote choice, due to Trump's brash personality. Does anyone ever vote on agenda?  We had two very flawed candidates. One that felt she was a sure thing due to her career in politics, the other with brash outspoken personality and orange hair. However, I looked at agenda. this seemed a common sense thing to do. I am aware that presidents lie... The difference is president is clearly making every attempt to keep his campaign promises, and he is doing it fighting great obstacles.
        NYT Article   
        https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/p … ction.html

A few lies are acceptable, but over 2000 in his first year in office? How can you tell when he's telling the truth, when his lips aren't moving?  He's no role model for our children, or for adults for that matter. I hope you continue to be proud of him Shar, the majority of us aren't.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
          JAKE Earthshineposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I challenge anyone to mention a single topic and or policy Mr. Trump has NOT lied about, deceived the public about or blatantly misrepresented. His serial falsehoods are unprecedented and of course are highly unusual and unacceptable to the overwhelming majority of Americans. He's a 'Fabrication Fiend" unlike any other, one is worse than the next, just one of endless reasons why he'll be removed from our oval office soon.

He’s a very sick individual psychologically and I’m nothing less than shocked that his family and or friends, those who should actually care about his well being, have not yet intervened to get him the mental help he so desperately needs before it‘s too late.

Do agents of Russia control his mind? His family's? Is he unable to think for himself? Is this why Vladimir Putin has so easily manipulated him and forced him to severely weaken the fabric of the United States? Why is he undermining the USA?

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Do agents of Russia control his mind? His family's? Is he unable to think for himself? Is this why Vladimir Putin has so easily manipulated him and forced him to severely weaken the fabric of the United States? Why is he undermining the USA?"

No, no, yes, have you stopped beating your wife yet and have you stopped beating your wife yet.

But would be interesting to find out what training and credentials you have to declare "He’s a very sick individual psychologically" and see the written report of your psych exam.

No one has to yet give a reasonable explanation as to why Trump will not extend the sanctions on Russia or even to get on Pootie's ass for meddling in our elections. The republicans in the majority are not  speaking at all of these sanctions even though all but 5 members of both parties voted for them and Dump signed the bill.

No other modern POTUS has ever kissed up to the Russians in this manner, and hopefully none ever will after we get shed of this buffoon. If Pootie isn't pulling his strings, then what's the deal? Mueller will soon tell us I'm sure. smile

6. NY2Chicago profile image59
    NY2Chicagoposted 6 years ago

TO QOUTE HILLARY CLINTON, "AT THIS POINT, WHAT DOES IT MATTER ANY MORE!" JOURNALISM AND JOURNALISTS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED ANYMORE! WHAT USED TO BE AN ETHICAL PROFESSION IN THE USA, IS NO LONGER.

WE WATCH OR READ WHAT WE CHOOSE TO, AND LIKE A LEMMING PROFESS IT OVER THE CLIFF. THE DOWNFALL OF AMERICA, HAS BEEN IN OUR SOCIETY FOR YEARS. OUR CHILDREN ARE NO LONGER AT THE TOP, INTELLIGENCE WISE AND  THEIR GRADES CONTINUE TO FALL. MANY TEACHERS ARE CAUGHT UP IN POLITICS, AND CONTINUE TO ESPOUSE IT. BECOMING A TEACHER IN A CERTAIN SCHOOL MAY BE BY CHOICE OF COLOR OR BEING PC. THOSE THINGS DON'T MATTER, IT SHOULD BE THE APLICANTS  QUALIFICATIONS THAT MATTER.

THAT BEING SAID, DO THE PEOPLE REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING SAID.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE FOX NEWS WATCHER!  lol

Hi RG,  I have a question. Do you not find it odd that CNN or MSNBC does not report anything remotely positive about the President? They nightly dissect his words and  physical actions.  It has become very clear over the past two years that they do not report any of his positives accomplishments.  In regard to journalistic integrity. It is common for journalists to quote sources that wish to remain anonymous. However, when a news outlet virtually never backs up their sources with a name, their news reports become nothing but innuendo.   

i am not going to defend Fox, because it is also clear they sensationalize stories. However, as a rule they do bring on actual human beings with a face as well as a name to corroborate what they report. In my opinion, journalism has suffered over the past 15 years. We have talk jocks reporting our news, nothing more than celebrates. I find it very hard to ferret out the truth....

2. Dean Traylor profile image92
      Dean Traylorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You know , that whole lemming thing is a myth perpetuated by a  documentary made by Disney (they actually threw them over the cliff). Just saying...unless YOU WANT ME TO YELL IT AT YOU!

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Seems like the appropriate thread for this link, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/arts … n-snl.html big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)