Trump's Brilliant Gambit - Revoking Jim Acosta's Hard Press Pass

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (128 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 5 years ago

I'm starting to see some actual strategy in President Trump's madness, particularly his approach to the press. I don't think he really cares that much about what questions CNN reporters ask, but by making a constant, big deal out of CNN (whose approach to the news I frankly, even as a liberal, don't like) and its reporting, refocuses a lot of their coverage on him, puts his name in their news all the time, and creates an easy enemy that he and his supporters can focus their rage on (deserved or not).

I think it allows him to pivot from subjects he doesn't want to talk about and allows him to control the media narrative.

I really have a newly found respect for how he manipulates the press. It's been going on for several years now, so I don't think it's an accident.

1. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Acosta brought this on himself with his physical aggression toward the intern. He is using chatter about issues related to the incident to distract from the fact that he was physically aggressive against the young woman. In self-defense she backed down so he thinks that should be the end of it. Victims know that this is how aggressors begin and that if allowed to continue the end is much rougher and often deadly.

This guy would never let go of of an incident like the one he committed against the girl trying to do her job if a Republican had done such a thing. For his own good and for the safety of others he should not get by with thinking the rules are different for him. That society is divided on whether his push matters is serious business. That women who claim to want women to be safer are willing to dismiss it is incredible.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The President absolutely will be vindicated in his actions simply based on the fact that Acosta wasn't removed for his politics, his words, or any "speech" related item - he was removed for his conduct.  In this era of women's rights, I find it funny that no women's group came out to support the young lady who had to endure his antics.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's almost as if women's rights groups are not for women's rights at all, but are an extremist anti-American left wing agenda group.

2. crankalicious profile image88
        crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What conduct? He barely made contact with the woman and appears he was just reacting to her making contact with him.

He was clearly barred for asking questions Trump doesn’t like or just to create a story.

What video are you watching?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The one where he gave a speech, refused to give up the mic and touched (assaulted) an aide.

He touched her. You believe he assaulted her?

He misused his privilege and physical strength in public, both against a woman just trying to do her job. He lost his position. Misbehavior has consequences.

That I can buy.

2. crankalicious profile image88

You know, after rewatching the video, I agree with you. In fact, I think he was trying to rape her.

*shrug*  Legally, touching someone without permission is battery at a minimum and possibly assault.  He wants to take the thing to court, be prepared for legal definitions to be used.

It is neither battery nor assault. It's a misdemeanor. I forget what it is called, but I was the foreman in a trial where something more significant than this happened and the guy was found guilty and everyone involved went through some collaborative justice.

Assuming the woman wanted to pursue charges, Acosta might be found guilty, though he would probably say it was accidental. Under normal circumstances, such a thing would be dismissed.

1. hard sun profile image79
                  hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Battery and assault, whatever you call it, is all determined by the jurisdiction where the files are charged. No, he wouldn't be found guilty unless the criminal president puts the fix in...after all, he did say the election was fixed...and he won.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Protocol is you get a question and, time permitting, possibly a follow up. Acosta was disrespectful to all parties, including other reporters courteously waiting their turn with the mike.

1. profile image0
            promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. He should be banned for his bad behavior.

Frankly, Trump and Acosta are using each other for advantage. That kind of game playing has no place in White House press conferences.

3. crankalicious profile image88

What did the woman endure?

Do you think if Acosta were nominated for the Supreme Court that this action should keep him off?

3. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Crankalicious, I believe you are right. President Donald Trump knows how to control the news cycle.  He's been doing it for years. Just look at how much time has been given on this thread and other threads concerning him.  Jim Acosta broke an unwritten journalistic rule...he made the story about himself.  He didn't do his job, he created news about himself. Those that are respectful to President Donald Trump are not treated this way.  The lawsuit can be easily categorized as  "frivolous" and its only intent is to get attention.  No reporter is entitled to be at the White House. A press pass is a privilege.  I've gotten them for events. I have seen them taken from reporters as well.  He didn't ban CNN, he banned an individual because or rude and ignorant behavior.  So, the more we talk about it, the more we play into President Donald Trump's hand.  Yeah, kind of brilliant.

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So why couldn't CNN figure that out , they stand to lose the most and actually have ,   Trumps brilliance in manipulating the media is just that , one more Trump card so to speak . When the first amendment is so abused by the media itself what do we as Americans expect ?

Send a donation to CNN Today !............;-]

They may have figured it out. Maybe not. One has to wonder whether or not they're fully partnered with Trump in this cycle because they're making so much money by creating this relationship.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
            Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you ask a valid question.  I also think getting a honest answer to it would be almost impossible.

Usually the obvious answer is the right one. In this case, CNN realizes that by being Trump antagonists, they are making tons of money. They also feel that they are on the side of truth, so it's a win-win for them.

However, while I read CNN and generally believe their liberal slant, I am frustrated by their bias. I wish they'd just report the news, leave the editorializing out of every story they produce, and just give me the news.

Unfortunately, readers mostly want their opinions validated.

I also see too much liberal slant from CNN and too much Trump/conservative slant from FOX. But, I don't see CNN straight making things up so much like FOX.

However, all these memes reminiscing about the days when reporters simply reported and didn't offer opinions, just don't ring true for me. At least in the post Cronkite Vietnam analysis days.

This famous Cronkite quote is opinion: "“To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe, in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past. To suggest we are on the edge of defeat is to yield to unreasonable pessimism. To say that were are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, yet unsatisfactory, conclusion.”"

I think the issue with the news today is there are just more opinions due to the constant 24 hour news. Journalists have always had opinions and they have that right to those opinions. The thing is, when Cronkite said, "and that’s the way it is" well..that's the way it was. There was no reason for him to dispute other news agencies take on the facts.

It's up to the public to be educated and aware enough to know the difference between fact and opinion.

The thing I'm writing about directly concerns news stories. There are no news stories anymore. It's more like there is news in opinion pieces. Even when CNN is simply reporting a story, they seem to provide opinion and use negative language about Trump that is just unnecessary.

I agree we need more actual news stories..just the facts and only the facts.

As far as negative language toward Trump, he is the President and he sets the tone. If he were to offer ANY kind of olive branch my guess is his treatment in the media would be much better. However, that is not what Trump wants and needs. His base feeds off the victim role and he needs the media as the enemy narrative to keep them motivated.

I wish the media would just stop focusing on Trump so much period.

4. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It was his conduct that was used as cause to revoke Jim Acosta's press pass. The tape shows Jim being uncooperative and refusing to relinquish the microphone. I guess it will depend on the judge's opinion on the conduct. Not sure they have a case going the route of his free speech being silenced. he certainly was given a chance to ask a question and be heard.  As did Trump have the right not to answer his question due to the same right... Freedom of speech.  Looks like a draw.

Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

So Acosta isn't a journalist. He's a pundit. But, no matter his antics I think you may be right. Had I been president I wouldn't have banned him. I'd let him walk right in, sit down, and never call on him again. Trump does seem to have a knack for keeping the conversation on himself.

Dr. Evil's nefarious plot exposed by crankilicious. Very impressive.

I really wasn’t being sarcastic. I think Trump is manipulating CNN and they are playing into it. CNN is looking increasingly stupid in their exchange.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

I know. I thought you made an interesting observation,

3. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Jim Acosta  and so CNN made the ultimate "journalist's" mistake , probably given his awe of setting foot in the "House of the People ", He began to think of himself as THE white house press core !

Good riddance .

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Acosta and CNN are now suing the President and several White House officials, claiming violation of the First (free speech)'and Fifth (due process) Amendments.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/13/66742553 … redentials

I don't see how his free speech has been affected at all.  Acosta can stand out on the street corner and make his speeches and scream out questions all day and night if he wishes to.

One the other hand, he could be re-instated...and never called on to ask a question.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not being a constitutional scholar, but offering my uneducated opinion anyway, I think the due process argument is more compelling.

I don't know (not being a constitutional scholar either), but:

"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

He hasn't been deprived of his life or his property. No one has unlimited liberty to waltz into the white house and make speeches or ask questions of the president, so he had nothing to lose there, either.  He did lose his pass which granted him limited, temporary access at the president's discretion, but I don't see that covered in the amendment.  If nothing else, we all can lose our liberty to occupy a business, home or govt. office on misbehavior.

2. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this
        1. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
          JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When right wing crazy fox nut Andrew Napolitano 'flips' on you, you're in DEEP Trouble:

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

Odd how you always find very well educated men "nuts" ???  Just an observation.

2. wilderness profile image96

An interesting take, but one which ignores Acosta's behavior in refusing to return the mic, and his assault on the aide.

Were I Trump, that would be the reason given for banning him, not the question he asked.

I would also, in the future, have spare mics available and someone primed to turn any one of them off at a moment's notice.

lol: There was no 'assault' on the poor little snowflake conservative staffer and everyone knows that, and holding on to a mic to complete your question before it's yanked from your hand is not a crime to my knowledge, and it's NO VALID reason for Bozo Trump to commit a federal crime by violating Jim Acosta's 1st Amendment right but what else is new about Donald breaking laws and getting away with it to this point?:

Jim will be reinstated soon because this land to my knowledge, has not yet converted over completely to the "Divided States of Russia" although now, in the era of trump, Vladimir Putin and his stooges are making great strides toward that ultimate goal:

As a lawyer you are a total failure; best not give up that night job yet.

2. GA Anderson profile image90
              GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, Do you really believe, by a reasonable interpretation of the charge,  he assaulted the Aide?

Obviously I don't, and because I don't - I read something else into the purpose of those that do.

GA

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
                Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey GA, today in court Trump's lawyers didn't even mention the assault charge. It seems they dropped the ridiculous charge as they should have.

1. GA Anderson profile image90

Smart move now Randy - dumb move when first stated.

GA

2. wilderness profile image96

I do not. 

However, the letter of the law is somewhat different: I once watched a man charged, and convicted, of battery because he walked through a fly swatter held out by a store clerk in front of him.  The fly swatter was an "extension of the clerk", and he touched it without permission as he simply walked, pushing it aside with his chest as he did so: battery.

Our laws do not always make sense, and I believe that many of them are enacted simply to make it possible to convict a person of something when the charge preferred is not provable.  Or perhaps to make a plea bargain more appealing.  This is one of them.

1. IslandBites profile image89

But if that were the case, then Acosta would be the victim. The mic would be the extension, which the aide forcefully grab.

So, people that don't like him and are pushing and/or accusing him of assault should be careful what they wish for. yikes

Btw, I agree with GA. It was an incidental contact.

Except the mic didn't belong to Acosta; it belonged to Trump, and it's return had been demanded and refused..  One certainly has the right to take stolen property.

This is what lawyers are for, right? big_smile

That's how I thought you meant it bud. I agree, technically the claim might be made, but ...

GA

But now Trump is being sued for stopping an idiot from showboating on Trump's stage.  And that little "but" might not be so little.

3. Live to Learn profile image61

We aren't approaching this with reasonable standards. By those, of course he didn't. But by the standards of today?  I don't know. We've got people being accused of rape who never even met a woman so, maybe he did?

In no court would he ever be convicted, or likely even tried on assault here. That's just's insane.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

I agree.

Bit, in the court of public opinion I'd assume he's to be labeled guilty, guilty, guilty. We'll have mass protests and people beating on the doors of the Supreme Court. If not, I'll just wonder why.

alright Live to learn, alright. I didn't anticipate that segue ...

GA

3. profile image0
                  RTalloniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed, the standards of today do dismiss reasonable standards.

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image66

PP: Bozo Trump will LOSE the law suit for recklessly violating our constitution which is a federal crime just like he LOST the midterm elections in a BIG Dramatic way and he's still losing as all the votes are being counted:

His latest episode of insanity is just one more of a nearly infinite number of reasons why he needs to be removed ASAP before ALL of the USA is lost in a big heap of Trump rumble which is actually what his last remaining followers obviously want:

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

You don't have over 500 businesses earthshining all day, you have that much going on by being a Trump. You don't beat out everything the GOP and the DNC had to offer by being stupid, you beat that by being extremely aware of what is really going on, and by that I mean what the people who don't trust mass media, the wisest persons, actually think.

Reading Mother Jones and CNN will never get you any kind of understanding of what rural people think about things.

Mother Jones and CNN are only a fraction of the VALID Legitimate Sources I read and watch Wesman and maybe they won't get me connected to rural people and maybe they will, but it will definitely help us Progressive Dems WIN many more elections going forward:

If rural folks in say Kentucky prefer to live in extreme poverty while their republican senators Mitch McConnell and space man Rand Paul continue to pillage them and give their riches to the wealthiest in their state then so be it, the rest of the USA which is demanding more equality in wealth distribution, will simply move forward and progress without them:

1. profile image0
          Hxprofposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mother Jones and CNN are only a fraction of the WACKED OUT Sources you read and watch Jake and certainly they won't get you connected to reality, but it will definitely help you strive towards pushing vile far left policies down the collective American Throat.

Both are grossly immoral websites, owned by persons who hate the USA, and produced for grossly immoral persons to consume.

3. hard sun profile image79
      hard sunposted 5 years ago

Trump needs a "brilliant gambit" to deal with Mueller. The twitter rage isn't working so well at distracting from that pesky collusion and obstruction thing. Maybe it's cause he knows he has not good way out of this.

Even if the Acosta thing is a distraction, if the white house is on the wrong side of the judges ruling, I don't think it's a brilliant move at all.

4. profile image0

Why is it so hard for democrats to recognise political savvy instead of political correctness ?   Because they dumbed themselves down so badly under the Obama /Clinton/ Kerry regime that they cannot recognize the mental and corporate exercises Trump uses to manipulate that P.C. mentality .
      It's called using your enemies weakness' against them .
      And it's not even a political brilliance .
      https://hubstatic.com/14292066.jpg

Oh yeah, Americans are the Presidents' enemies...silly me. That didn't work out so well in the mid terms. I don't think it's going to work out moving forward either.

1. profile image0
          Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"the mid terms ".....You mean the ones where you gained less  seats than  the opposition under Clinton ,Bush , Obama by percentages ?  The left HAS become not only Trumps enemy but the right's too, remember , it is YOUR party that declared war against the US constitution and so the rule of law .

I gained seats!!! You sound almost as desperate as your beloved leader.

Actually, the Republicans gained seats in the Senate and lost half as many seats in the house as the democrats did in Obama's mid term. Sounds like it worked out ok.

Yes it does.

5. profile image0

CNN at the bottom of the ratings could use a Cronkite lesson or three .  It's called ethics and accuracy in the news media .    Go find some or go downhill further .

Old  folks still watch cable TV..Old folks watch Fox. Younger folks don't watch TV news much so that explains ratings and the midterms. I don't watch any TV beyond streaming.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 … -watch-tv/

Nielsen is just about to start even getting any data from streaming sources, but that doesn't even account for the fact that the younger population gets most of its news from websites.

Hard sun,

Presumably you've noticed that most of the right-wing drivel in these forums is coming from old, white retired guys who define the "get off my lawn" attitude of numerous stand up jokes.

As I age, I do appreciate the attitude though. I worked my entire life. I earned what I have. I don't want people to take away what I have. And I don't really want to pay for others to do nothing. I totally get that attitude.

Personally, I think that's one reason so many university students are liberal: they have never earned by the sweat of their brow, what they have; instead it was given to them.  As a result it has no real value to them and they don't have a problem giving it away.

like you, though, I have struggled for 50+ years to accumulate the small bit of wealth that I have and have zero desire to give it to someone that wants to float through life without hardship or effort.

"I think that's one reason so many university students are liberal: they have never earned by the sweat of their brow,"

I think you confuse university students with privileged kids. Some college kids are privileged, most are not. I went to university and I can guarantee I earned everything I have and was about as far from privileged as you can get.

In this case, "privileged" means getting subsidized loans instead of living in a one room "apartment" and working through college.  Free money, at least at that time.

I'm with you - I worked my way through and came out owing $500.  The cost of one semester's tuition.  Now they come out owing $50,000.

Yeah, but then they don't feel very privileged when reality sets in and they start paying those loans back, or getting credit destroyed, etc. when they don't.

I agree that there is a sort of entitlement for some but the younger generation doesn't have it so easy.

Except that now there are demands for either zero interest or simply forgiving the loan entirely. 

You and I worked our way through school, and it can still be done.  It just can't be done eating out every other night, hitting the bars twice a week and generally living high.  It requires a definite sacrifice to come out of college owing nothing (unless you were privileged enough to get grants), and few young today are willing to do that.

My kids, so far, earned full academic scholarships..grants only require meeting income requirements and getting into school, and, of course, keeping up the grades once in school. But, I still don't think any kids are getting four year degrees entirely paid for with grants.

This is where the middle class gets screwed though as they are not often eligible for the grants, so the kids must work harder to get scholarships. And, believe me, they work VERY hard...and they generally vote Democrat..OMG!

Yes, there are some demands..some of which I think go too far, but that doesn't mean all youngsters are priviledged nowadays. Times they are a changin.

2. profile image0

I think there are two kinds of old people with regard to how they view their lives and the lives of others.  The ones who remember and appreciate the many ways they were helped along the way and the role that luck and inherited opportunity played in their successes; and the ones who either forgot or never acknowledged or believed that luck or inherited opportunities or help had anything to do with what they achieved.  The first views those who are less successful than them with a compassionate eye, while the latter view others as simply unwilling to do the work to succeed.  The truth generally lies somewhere in between, I guess, but whatever the truth, these angry old farts seem like very unhappy people to me.

You forgot a third group that believes they are entitled, that the world owes them something because they exist.

1. profile image0

I don't know anyone like that, though I'm sure they exist.  You must live in a different world than I do.

I probably do.  A world of blue collar workers, a world of people far removed from big cities, a world of people that very often have no means and a world of people that very often make very poor decisions.

And above all a world of reality rather than dreams of utopia.  The current mantra that free health care is a "human right" somehow, simply because the speaker exists and lives.  Or free secondary education or free housing or free food...the list is endless of things people think they have a right to because they are alive.

1. profile image0

LOL,I grew up in a small town of about 2000.  I moved back here four years ago, because my parents needed help.  It's now a population of a little over 5,000.  I grew up in a blue collar home.  Dad was a maintenance worker for the school district; mom was a cook.  My three brothers all worked at the local lumber mill, two of them their entire working lives.  My other brother became an attorney.  He paid for it with scholarships and working at the lumber mill during the summer. I put myself through college with scholarships and part-time secretarial jobs.  I took two years off in the middle to work full time to earn more money to finish college.

So, how is it we have such disparate views of the world?  Our brains are probably hardwired differently. Yes, I worked hard, but I also had help in the form of teachers going that extra mile for me, wealthy people setting up foundations to give scholarships, bosses who gave me flexibility when I needed it, parents who were honest, steadfast, compassionate and ready  to help every step of the way.

I had friends whose parents never asked them if they did their homework, much less help them with it, who had learning disabilities that were not recognized until it was too late, who went home to parents passed out from drinking, who ate out of cereal boxes because their parents didn't cook, and more. I was born to the lower middle class, but I had parents who sacrificed to help their kids; helped with homework; cooked three square meals; took us to sports and band practice.  Not everyone has that.  Not everyone has loving, intelligent guidance from a caring adult.  There are so many variables that shape a person, and I can't understand how anyone can judge another for being less successful when they have no idea what has transpired in their life.

I guess the difference is that I believe people are responsible for themselves.  That whether they had a good homelife or bad, they are still responsible for their actions.

2. hard sun profile image79

This!!! Without all those willing to sacrifice for you, and others, we suffer as a people. When people think only of themselves, we end up with third world countries. We all reap the benefits of a helping hand and none of us live in a bubble...not even the unibomber who relied on the post office to deliver his evil.

And, some people don't have any type of inheritance or any dad, uncle, etc. to hand them a decent job, etc. These types of things have nothing to do with personal responsibility. If we level the playing field even a little, we increase the chances that we will find cures for ailments and all the ills that society has always had. That is progress.

I think it is a fundamental difference in how we look at things. Also, despite experiences seeming the same, when we look at them at a more service level...dig a little deeper and I think we find the differences in our experiences.

2. hard sun profile image79

Good points.  Yeah, my step dad was a green beret, 72 year old "redneck." He hated Trump. He definitely worked for everything he had, both of his parents died before he was 14, and he voted for Obama twice. And, Obama took nothing from him, but helped ensure his children had healthcare.

No one knows the situation of anyone unless they know them very very well. We can't condemn anyone for getting assistance, etc. unless we want to consider the entire picture.  My step dad understood this, and I think he was truly happy for many reasons.

I also think there are some "old farts" on both sides of the coin.

3. hard sun profile image79

Sure, not many people want anyone to take what they have..I'm not too young myself.

6. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Judge orders White House to reinstate Acosta's press credentials

A federal district judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to reinstate press credentials for Jim Acosta, CNN's chief White House correspondent.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed to the bench by President Trump, granted CNN’s request to restore the press pass for Acosta, giving him regular access to the White House grounds to cover events and press conferences.

"I want to emphasize the very limited nature of this ruling," Kelly said Friday in granting the temporary restraining order in favor of CNN.

He did not rule on whether the administration's decision to revoke Acosta's press pass violated the First Amendment rights of CNN and Acosta. Instead, Kelly said that Acosta and his employer have shown that they are likely to succeed in their argument that their Fifth Amendment rights to due process were violated by the White House.

Kelly ruled on Friday that Acosta has already suffered harm from not being able to cover the White House in the time since his press credentials were revoked. The judge said that sending another reporter with a hard pass does not make the harm to Acosta any less irreparable.

Kelly asked during Wednesday’s hearing if there was a less-restrictive way that the White House could have reprimanded Acosta, perhaps by letting him keep his pass while prohibited him from attending press conferences.

Boutrous said that is a possibility.

“Rudeness is not a standard,” he said. “If it were, no one could have gone to the press conference.”

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

Makes very good sense to me.  I think individuals can be left to make their own opinions on what is said in press conferences. Acosta has certainly been outspoken from the get go...  One can agree with his methods or not agree.  He has the right to ask questions. Hopefully, he will learn to be polite enough to take is turn, and accept the answers he receives and then gives another reporter a chance to ask a question.  If not hopefully his peers will speak to him about sharing the opportunity to ask questions. 

Just my opinion, I think the WH should drop this issue. Both sides have made their point. It appears both the president and Acosta have used their free speech card...  Acosta having the right ask our president questions unimpeded, and Trump giving Acosta an ear full of his opinion is of him...  This country has a lot more to deal with than the president's problem with CNN.  The general public is certainly once again split on what went down at the now notorious press conference. This head-butting on both sides will most likely not stop, and it only stands to deepen the country's divide.

1. IslandBites profile image89

I agree.

2. profile image0

All Trump has to do is not call on Acosta. But I suspect he will keep doing so for the sake of the drama. Acosta will gladly take part.

Trump will use it to trash CNN and media in general to his supporters. Acosta will use it for ratings.

3. profile image0

Can't disagree with the judge's ruling based upon "rudeness is not a standard".  The WH will have to lay out what it considers proper behavior at these briefings; if Acosta decides he's going to continue to act like a jerk, then he probably won't get called on, that's all.

1. profile image0

Trump and Acosta are partners in crime.

1. profile image0

They feed off each other.

1. profile image0

I agree. That said, I suspect Trump will still call on him.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Agree. Trump knew what was coming the minute he called on him...

7. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

As most of us who understand the constitution expected, it looks like Bozo Trump's 'brilliant gambit' just turned into anther DUMB loss for him personally and his pathetic circus of redundant retardation:

But on the bright side, soon, he should have plenty of time to actually read the U.S. Constitution in prison, in between shining Bubba's cell slippers and washing the prison bullies back:

"Judge orders White House to return Jim Acosta's press pass"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cn … index.html

Trump is on the wrong side of most everything and it's not going to end well for him.
        Let's take a moment to consider this also:

""You have to act with respect," Trump says.

ha ha ha ha

1. profile image0

What gets me about this situation is Acosta's behavior is not new for reporters. They interrupt, talk over people, and jostle for position. What IS new is Trump's reaction to it. Yes, Acosta was rude, but reporters are rude all the time; it is the nature of their job at times. For this President to tell someone else, anyone else, they must act with respect is the height of hypocrisy. The man doesn't respect the office, the citizens he is supposed to be serving, the people who have devoted their lives to law enforcement, the military, our allies, women. This President demands respect while he actively disrespects everything and everyone around him. It's unbelievable and laughable.

1. profile image0

I agree with your point here - for Trump to tell someone else that they're being disrespectful is disingenuous.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Everyone sees the hypocrisy in Trump demanding respect from others, Pretty. It's just that his fans are so far gone in their adoration they will accept any excuse from him to assuage their guilt in electing him. Even if Trump's found guilty of criminal or treasonous activity, they'll make excuses for him. Watch and see...

8. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 5 years ago

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45783546_1276367195838576_8989291723607769088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=391b2c8d114f117c50830d2eaaf2b64a&oe=5C6DBA4E

1. profile image0

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/brend … force-one/

Although the photograph was genuine, the accompanying caption contained multiple factual errors:

Brenda Lee was not on board Air Force One (as such, she could not have been “removed” from the presidential plane).

Lee was not removed from the press area at LAX by “Obama’s order.” President Obama wasn’t even at the airport at the time of the incident.

Lee didn’t grab someone “like Jim Acosta did,” as video shows that Acosta didn’t grab anyone.

Lee was not removed for being “pro-life”; she was removed for refusing to heed instructions from security personnel.
        We found no reports documenting that Lee “permanently lost her White House press credentials.” We also could not confirm that Lee had ever received press credentials from the White House to begin with.

Such gross exaggerations and outright lies are pretty common in meme's aren't they?  Best not to believe any of them, whether they agree with what you'd like to believe or not.

9. profile image0

The reinstating of Jim Acosta's white house pass does absolute damage to not only CNN but to America's trust OF the news media .
      What 75 -85 % of America see's but distrusts the US media bias and it's dishonesty , the grandstanding by Acosta and CNN not only promotes MORE media demise but It's simply a circus act to hold our attention , a circus act however is just a circus act.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)