Why Does Donald Trump Give a Pass to Murderous Dictators and Rulers?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (70 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 5 years ago

Once again, Donald Trump sides with the bad guy.  He rarely has a bad word to say about -  Murdering Putin
    - Murdering Un
    - Murdering Dutertes (president of Philippines)

And now Murdering  Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Yet he has no problem debasing our allies like the Macron, May, and Merkel?

What is it about Trump supporters that they don't see a single thing wrong with that picture?

1. Aime F profile image69
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Seems some people have gone to the complete opposite extreme of “TDS”. They feel the need to overcompensate by finding a way to dismiss any and all criticisms.

2. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess I should have added the question

"Why do Trump Followers Find it Alright for Trump to LIE or Make FALSE statements and Average of SIXTEEN Times a DAY?"
      I have asked this many times, but haven't seen one Trump supporter say it is OK and that they don't care if he tells the truth or not.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you think about it, they knew they were voting for a lying bully when they checked his name on the ballot. The birther lie alone should have been enough to disqualify him, but there was so much more on display for all to see. They didn't care then and they don't care now. I keep thinking there must be a boundary or line that he has crossed that will finally be "the straw that broke the camel's back," but so far, we haven't seen it. We are witnessing what happens to people when they compromise their core values; it becomes easier and easier to excuse, rationalize, and just look the other way.

My husband was a registered Republican who hated Hillary Clinton and could not bring himself to vote for her, but he would not vote for a lying POS, either. He has a clear conscience, and he is so disgusted with his party for falling in line behind Trump that he switched parties.

Those who fell in line behind this horrible person will regret it, if they have a conscience. He just publicly stated that he will back a murdering dictator for money. Let that sink in. A President of the United States publicly announced that the United States will stand beside a murderer for the right price.

Yet, no condemnation from the Trump fans here.  I never thought I'd see the day where that would be tolerated by any but a tiny fraction of Americans.

When the creators of our Constitution debated about the Executive and the way to count votes, it was someone like Donald Trump they were thinking of trying to prevent from getting in office.

They spoke of and debated about the ease a demagogue like Trump can fool average citizens with lies and meaningless promises. That is the main reason the electoral college was created.  Unfortunately, that degenerated into a rubber stamp of a state's popular vote rather than being made up of independent, well educated men (this is the 1700s we are talking about) who can see through the wool.  SAD.

I like the way Maine is using ranked choice voting.  Hillary would have won the electoral college under that much fairer system.  That way your husband could have voted for, I presume, the libertarian candidate and then put Clinton down as his second choice (again I assume he wouldn't have picked Jill Stein for second place) or third choice.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point about the Electoral College My Esoteric. I think you nailed it.

But here is a question; Considering the changes in our society's perspectives since those "1700s," such as the "one person - one vote" mantra, and the gradual leaning expecting pure democratic results ... Do you think the Electoral College - working as it was intended when written, would be tolerated today?

I can imagine uproars that would dwarf the Watts riots if an Electoral College vote - at the state level - went against the popular vote outcome.

GA

America quickly went off the rails vis-a-vis the Electoral college.  Soon after the first few presidential elections, the electoral college started becoming a mirror of the popular vote in a state.  The 2016 election was an anomaly given two or three electors voted their conscience rather then the state vote.

As much as I want Democrats in office, I still oppose a popular vote because it is still more unfair than the electoral college method.

One-person, One Vote is nice in theory but is only unbiased when the population is evenly spread among various demographics.  Given that large populations are concentrated in cities, historically Democratic bastions, then the outcome a presidential election is virtually guaranteed.

As to WHO can vote, then One person, One vote is very important when it comes to voter suppression efforts by the conservatives.

2. hard sun profile image77
    hard sunposted 5 years ago

This is a guy who thinks he can order DOJ investigations on his political opponents and his supporters are fine with that. As you stated, siding with the Saudis is par of his MO. I sincerely believe that a large faction of Trump supporters want him to be a dictator. I listened to countless baseless arguments about how Obama wanted to be a dictator.

I've said it before, but it's the most salient point in America today: IMO...Trump fans want a dictator, just not a half black one with a Muslim sounding last name. They think they need a dictator to save them from change that they don't understand and cannot deal with.

This is why Trump sides with the bad guys...it's what so many of his people want and expect.

I'm waiting to see the song and dance from Trump supporters on this one. I think they are running out of dances that don't look like me in a club after multiple beers. It's sad.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You won't see many cogent excuses for this behavior, guys. Just the usual suspects....

1. hard sun profile image77
        hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But it's still mildly entertaining somehow. It's guilty pleasure I guess.

It does seem somehow pleasing to metaphorically kick the Tumpsters in the ass. But that's just me.... tongue

Well said.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Glad you said that. I agree.

Thanks. I think this really transcends politics as America should know it anyway.

4. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"They think they need a dictator to save them from change that they don't understand and cannot deal with."

So much this^

3. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Trump followers are true patriots , believe me , at the first sign of a "dictatorship "   you'd all be pleasantly surprised at the reaction his followers would give to him .  Unlike of course the coronation of  King Obama .........where all you "subjects " are still in meltdown over watching  the grand carriage passing .

Trump Dictatorship , after all the TDS of the last two -three years ,  he'll be happy to pass the torch to ..........Oh, say Mike Pence?

From Dumb to Dumber, but at least Mike won't lie as much as the cretin now in office.

Being from Indiana, I agree Mike wouldn't lie so much about anything and everything that can be easily proven false. While I don't think Mike is the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's a bit craftier than Trump though. And, I think he's sincere with his religious extremism. I also don't think he has much more respect for the Constitution than Trump does.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If fake Christian 'squinty' Mike Pence escapes prosecution for his involvement in the Trump Campaign many will be shocked:

3. hard sun profile image77

It's way past the "first sign" point. You could google some Trump statements to see that...but you really don't care as you likely already read or hear them and decided that's A-OK. Apologies, but it won't happen in-spite of Trump supporters not because of them.

4. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Not only did he defends Saudi Arabia, now this is what he does.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Oil prices getting lower. Great! Like a big Tax Cut for America and the World. Enjoy! $54, was just $82. Thank you to Saudi Arabia, but let’s go lower!

I guess he does like them.

Watch:
    https://youtu.be/zrBx3eRnKDE?t=854

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, I can't it's too painful. ;-)

GA

1. IslandBites profile image88
        IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry!

"I hate the crime and I hate what is done and I hate the cover-up. And I will tell you this, the crown prince hates it more than I do."

"As I said, 'Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.' But I will say very strongly that it's a very important ally. And if we go by a certain standard we won't be able to have allies with almost any country,"

SMH

Watch:
        https://thehill.com/policy/internationa … -than-i-do

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Quite a guy!

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Our esteemed leader has let murdering dictators all over the world know that as long as they give financial benefit to the U.S. they can murder with impunity.

And into his pockets as well....

1. profile image0

Well, yes, you and I know that but I'm trying not to "bash," ya know?

I've been accused of being 'bashful' as well. cool

I am not so sure it is financially benefiting America that he cares about (the Saudis have only paid us a small fraction of what they said they would), I think it is more about lining his own pockets.

1. profile image0

Yes, as I told Randy, we know that's the real reason, but I'm trying not to "bash." His delicate supporters are extra sensitive about that lately.  ;-)

6. profile image0

Phony causes abound.
    The singular reason that this murder is STILL in the news is because the victim is a member of the prava USA news media . If he were just another  US citizen you all and your liberal media would have totally forgotten this guy and the prince .

Boy, how wrong can you be.  If it had been an American citizen (you know he wasn't, don't you?) the outcry would have been 10 times worse and Trump would be trying 10 times harder to kiss Saudi ass.

Face it Ed, Donald J. Trump is an evil man.

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

According to media when it happened he had dual citizenry ?

Nope.  He was a U.S. resident in VA, but not a naturalized citizen.  Three of his four children, however, are U.S. citizens although they are being held hostage in Saudi Arabia as of late October (not allowed to leave).

7. profile image0

If this guy WASN'T a US citizen , we have no business doing anything about this murder .

All the more reason it's phony TDS .

He was a US resident working for a US company with US children..  Clearly in our wheelhouse.

8. profile image0

Clearly he was a journalist and As liberals and their media are melting over this what do we do ? Do we shut down diplomacy over one murder of a US citizen in a foreign country ,  If we do we wouldn't be talking to ANY other nations at all , A US citizen was killed in Mexico by drug cartels this week , where is CNN or WAPO on this one?

Did Mexico's president order the torture and execution? It makes a difference whether you know it or not.

1. profile image0

Except you don't know that ?

That Mexico's Pres ordered the murder? You have evidence he did?  Trumping it again are you, ED? Why don't you use the ole TDS retort?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

He brought it up in the other thread. I just saw this after replying to him there: https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/341 … ost4047100

I guess you don't care about American sovereignty much, Ed, if your willing to sacrifice one American life for Trump lining his own pockets with Saudi money.  Do I have that right?

9. profile image0

CIA says that "...... he likely knew or even ordered ......." ?
    Whatever that amounts to.

You should listen to the audio, ED. I'm sure you could give Trump a few more excuses for cowering down to murderous tyrants. Since he was afraid to, I mean.....

1. profile image0

Randy , you don't know what you're talking about , period .  Trump is "afraid  to " listen or respond in kind ?
        Your starting to sound more and more like Jake .

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
          JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I resemble that remark:

Anyway, WHY does Bozo give a pass to the Satans of the world? just go look up some archived film footage or written records of the TaDumps  bragging about how Russians account for much of their assets or investments, and I paraphrase, or how many crappy condos in some God forsaken place they say they sold to our enemies and non-partners like Saudi Arabia etc:

Every expert on the planet warned the USA that if by some chance Bozo was embedded in our oval office it would rapidly turn into a bloody unethical and mega-corrupt MESS like we've never witnessed before, and God save us, boy were they spot on:

The only question now is how much longer it takes to REMOVE them from our white house premises, fumigate the property and begin the long arduous process of mending this rubble called the USA:

Are you one of those anti-Americans, Ed, who think our intelligence agencies, along with the legitimate media, are the enemy of the people?  It sounds like it with your last comment.

The CIA also said "with a high degree of confidence".  Since, like other thoughtful folk, they won't say something is 100% (like saying the sun WILL come up tomorrow) when it isn't, they put qualifiers in front of a prediction.

In other words for those who live in a black and white world, "they are pretty damn certain that the MBS ordered the murder or at the very least was aware that it was going to happen.

That is what it means.

10. profile image0

Oh my Gosh , Liberals are offended that we righteous don't change our minds like daily underwear , politically ? Moral corruption in Trump ? I'm surprised you people know what that IS . If moral bankruptcy had a modern name , it would end with a capital D for Democrat . Clinton's ,Obama's , Pelosi's , Cortez ,  Harris ............

"change our minds like daily underwear , " - you mean like your Leader does on a regular basis??

I do agree with you in one respect.  Trump is NOT morally corrupt.  Why?  Because you have to have morals to start with, and Trump has none.

lol If there were a clapping emoticon, I'd put that here.

11. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

If you access to GOOGLE, the apparent corruption and Mr. Trump's obvious cowering and shameful and perhaps unlawful activity becomes crystal clear, and believe it or not, it's done in broad daylight so now we just need to determine of we still have laws in this crumbling country and if a crime is still a crime even if it's committed right in front of the world for all of us to witness:

"The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia is helping keep Trump’s Manhattan hotel profitable."

"Donald Trump’s hotel business has gone through a complex shift since he became president. His hotel in downtown Washington, D.C. has been doing thriving business, with nations like Kuwait and the Philippines often booking rooms and events as a way to show friendship with the president. But in New York City, where Trump is politically unpopular and there are fewer occasions for booking political events, the president’s business has suffered. Both Trump’s hotel in SoHo and Trump International Hotel in Manhattan have seen declining use since Trump’s political ascendency. Last year, the SoHo hotel severed its connections with the Trump Organization.

But, as The Washington Post reports, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has stepped in to help:"

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/150402/ … profitable

Too much to take in here, you won't get a reply from those who support him, facts are ignored because they don't seem to be able to process them.

12. profile image0

Speaking of demagoguery If our forefathers rolled over in their graves when Trump was elected --they must certainly have died a second death when Obama was coronated .  It's never been more painfully obvious to believers in modern elections that the democratic party has become the one political party in the world that would change the rules at ANY election that they lose in !

Can't win by electoral college style voting ?  Change to  a popular vote , when they lose to a opponent by popular opinion change it all back to electoral colleges , when both fail to produce favorable returns and outcomes , Cheat in all elections .    If you are caught cheating in elections ?   Use illegal immigration and free voter I'D's to garner higher percentages of actual voters .

One has to wonder if Democrats would even be happy if they were to attain  that Democratic / Socialism they dream of in America  or if the anarchic infighting brought on by modern entitlement wars  would be just one more of their undoings ?

Actually, no, they wouldn't have.  Obama was exactly what they were looking for in an Executive.  Thoughtful, analytical, intelligent and a person who had the interest of America at heart and not his own pocketbook like the current abuser of the office does.

You have no clue as to what socialism is.  You really ought to educate yourself about that and you wouldn't make such ridiculously false statements.

A popular vote is worse than the electoral college.  If you had studied your history, you would have known why our founders didn't go with a popular vote.

As to illegal voting - until you can prove through various studies on the topic. your claims are so much meaningless hot air, the same kind of air your leader exhales every time he opens his mouth.

Some documented examples of this "anarchic infighting" would help to show you know what you are writing about.

You are the kind of voter, Ed, our founding fathers didn't want voting but that I went to war to help protect your right to vote.

13. profile image0

I didn't say I'd support popular vote for president , I meant if democrats can't win in electoral voting they want a popular vote .
    "..........Obama was exactly what they were looking for in an executive ......" sure he was ,I'm sure  George Washing read that on HIS teleprompter ? Obama basically stuttered himself to an ending when the teleprompters quit working.

"You really don't know what socialism is ......" I know one thing , Socialism is what new age liberals in America want and those like yourself who may have once been  democrats are willing to roll over and accept because it means free stuff.

"Yoo are the kind of voter our forefathers didn't want ............" Well , that sounds brilliant , like you know !    They loved independent , analytical  , patriotic , fair minded intellect .   What they didn't want [anymore ] was group thought control , a tyrannical anarchy and
    the militaristic anarchy of some new left reaching for socialism born of selfish wants, that you apparently do want.

14. profile image0

Mr.Esoteric , So far , too many people here have proven only a text book debating style , dodge ,divert , distract .  If people don't believe your TDS and general Trump hatred they are "nationalists ,bigots , racists , misogynists "....................It becomes a useless attempt  to debate people when all you get in return is low intelligence responses , ".............you have to have morals to start with ......." One more nothing-sandwich , when you're ready to tell me why Trump's  being of no morals or having orange hair is more important than real facts , let me know.

And not to mention they're TDS(too damn smart) for you, ED. You just don't realize it! Keep on bailing out the boat with a teaspoon....  cool

1. profile image0

Yeaaa , Okay Jake .

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Too damn smart? Have we entered a parallel universe?

I thought you already lived in a parallel universe, LTL!

15. profile image0

One absolute in debating liberals , they have a power in speaking in 'one voice' , you can read one response and know how ALL of them think , feel and politically respond ,in Group thought unison. My question  ;  Is that a power or is it an all exposing ideological  weakness ?

You know how I vote .

Yes TDS , One voice combined of their media , of their academia ,  of their politics , of an enlightened bias of weakness in the masses , as if they awaken each day asking of their "leadership " ......How do you want me to think today ?  AND I see that same continuum in debating all ages of the left here , this mentality of copy and paste  ,  a debate of unison in voice , truly you might as well  have an Alexa * that speaks for all liberals than to try to engage using independent fact , statistics  or especially reason .

Yes, we from the left hang onto every word you utter, ED. roll

2. Aime F profile image69

You are a frightening human being. For real.

1. profile image0

Of course I am frightening , Why ?  Because I incite you towards independent political thought , something rare today and rarer still on your left.

1. Aime F profile image69

Nope. That’s not it.

You’re scary because you’ve been so consumed by your hate that you dismiss and dehumanize anyone who identifies as a liberal.

It’s also terrifying what a distorted view of yourself you have. Just a huge disconnect from reality in every possible way.

1. wilderness profile image93
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"You’re scary because you’ve been so consumed by your hate that you dismiss and dehumanize anyone who identifies as a liberal. "

I have flat out told several people, in the last couple of years, that if they don't banish the hatred of Donald Trump from themselves it would cost them more than they could imagine.    In too many cases that has been true: the hatred has cost them far too many friends and loved ones.  Even jobs, when it spread to the workplace.

It is sad that we allow our feelings to so control our lives.  Perhaps without the web it wouldn't be quite so easy; most people use that media to build their hate and vitriol until it spills over into reality; without that "building" phase it might not happen.

You're right. That's what I've been trying to say on a few threads. Treat every decision on its own. Don't praise nor condemn just because it is a decision from Trump. Rational thought needs to be separate from emotion, else it's not rational.

2. Aime F profile image69

It can certainly go both ways. Hate is powerful. And when you find ways to rationalize it rather than overcome it, it becomes boundless. Like I said... frightening.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

So true.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)