Why do some who hate activate? Who do some lie about being attacked?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (38 posts)
  1. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

Many like to say there is no racism although there are documented instances all over the Internet.  Also, many lie about attacks which gives people reason to doubt legitimate claims.

Jussie Smollet, whom I never heard of before now, perpetrated a hoax and now will probably be prosecuted.  https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out … ut-n973531 

Lt. Christopher Paull Hassan claims to be a white nationalist who planned to kill tv journalists, politicians and a whole gang of people.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/coast-gua … itter_page

What makes these people do these things?  If it is a sickness, can it be cured?  Can the ISIS brides who want to come home be cured?  https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/americas … index.html

What is wrong with these people?

1. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"What is wrong with these people?"

It's sin amplified.  Christ warned us that as we approached the end of the age, lawlessness would increase.  We're seeing it Diane.

dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  They are morally bankrupt and have serious character issues.

1. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
          Tim Truzy info4uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree and these things will continue. Sin is a rascal.

2. dianetrotter profile image61

Follow the link to see his cache of guns and steroids. 

US Coast Guard Officer Accused of Terror Plot Could Face More Charges

GREENBELT, MARYLAND —
      A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant accused of amassing a cache of weapons and plotting to attack Democratic politicians and journalists was ordered held for two weeks on Thursday while federal prosecutors consider charging him with more crimes.

Christopher Paul Hasson, 49, appeared in a burgundy jumpsuit but did not speak during a brief hearing in federal court in Greenbelt, Maryland. Prosecutors said the charges already filed against him are "just the tip of the iceberg."

"There is an intent to murder innocent civilians," U.S. Attorney Jennifer Sykes told Judge Charles Day.

Hasson is described by federal prosecutors as a "domestic terrorist" and self-described white supremacist who had a list of potential targets including House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and MSNBC television host Joe Scarborough.

Hassan also searched the internet for where members of Congress live, and which public figures had security details, prosecutors said.

Public defender Julie Stelzig, representing Hasson, pointed to his military service as evidence of his character. She said Hasson's gun collection was not extraordinarily large, and that he should not be held accountable for writing disturbing emails which he ultimately did not send.

"We are not yet a country that criminalizes people for their thoughts," Stelzig said.

In a draft email from June 2017 cited by prosecutors, Hasson wrote: "I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth. I think a plague would be most successful but how do I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something."

A locked case containing bottles of Tramodol uncovered by U.S. federal investigators in the home of U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Paul Hasson in Silver Spring, Md., in a photo provided Feb. 20, 2019.
      A locked case containing bottles of Tramodol uncovered by U.S. federal investigators in the home of U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Paul Hasson in Silver Spring, Md., in a photo provided Feb. 20, 2019.
      Hasson was assigned to the Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington and lives in Silver Spring, Maryland. He was arrested Friday on weapons and drugs charges.

The Coast Guard has confirmed an active duty member was arrested after a probe by its own investigators, the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice, but said it was offering no further details because of the ongoing investigation.

Prosecutors said 15 guns and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition were found at Hasson's residence. They also said he studied a manifesto by Norwegian far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik, who in July 2011 killed eight people in downtown Oslo with a car bomb and then shot dead 69 people, many of them teenagers, at a Labour Party camp.

According to prosecutors, Hassan had also been studying manifestos by "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski and Virginia Tech shooter Cho Seung-Hui.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-coast-guar … 98838.html

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I feel bad for Jussie.
      https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52602233_778759895829980_8863664467070681088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=01d46e360ae76063132a542474937f80&oe=5CF3F855

I know that is tongue in cheek.  I don't.  He went on the set after being released and said he is innocent.  They rewarded him by writing him out of the last two shows.

4. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Hi, Dian,
      I suspect it is a spiritual and psychological sickness which is curable but these people have to "want" to be cured of it. Recently, I was driving through VA, minding my own business, shooting pictures from the road as is my custom. I was forced by another driver to stop and he demanded we turn over our cameras because we had no right to shoot his property from the road. Wasn't going to happen.
      However, we phoned the cops, and the officer was not happy.
      He told this guy he had no right to interfere with the legal movement of traffic on a "public" highway. We can shoot pictures from the road.
      Oh, yeah, I suspect it was racially motivated. The guy turned out to be a Klansmen and had no history of stopping traffic in that manner previously.
      So when people talk about racism diminishing and all that unreal crap, where are they living?
      My wife and I laugh it off. We figure he was hiding a meth lab or had illegal weapons stashed there.
      Truthfully, I thought i had gone back in time.

He thought you were casing the joint for a robbery.

1. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

No, the police never said that, but he certainly thought we were bringing trouble. But he probably did think that. Maybe he thought I had some customers of my own there. (lol)
          By the way, Diane, I was playing my Alabama CD. Definitely an attention getter. Maybe he wanted my cd. Not soured on VA at all. Love that state. Love America.
          We need the insane people to remind us to act responsibly.

It's a full time endeavor.

2. shanmarie profile image70
    shanmarieposted 5 years ago

Sick alright, but I don't mean that in curable terms. I try to find good news of people helping one another. So tired of stories like these and of fathers killing babies. There are still kind, compassionate, good people out there, all politics aside.

3. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

There is a warrant out for Smollett's arrest.  That will be the end of his career.  lt. Hassan is going away for good.  US Sec'y of State and President won't let the ISIS bride back into the US and I don't blame them.  All of them made choices based on hatred and ruined their own lives.  The ISIS bride said she knew that they beheaded people but figured that is how they live.  me: So she's OK with that!

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Smollett is in......KNEE DEEP...…….he was not thinking at all.  A million dollar career is nothing to play with!

He is at least selfish.  Those 12 officers could have been working on real crimes.  We don't need FAKE cases.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think the time of those 12 officers is nothing compared to the doubt this case is going to put on other cases that are genuine.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
        MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Apparently Smollett wasn't getting as much attention as he desired despite his million-dollar career. I think all he was thinking about was the publicity angle, and not the damage it could do. I have no sympathy for him. I'm not familiar with the Hassan story, but it sounds like he received justice in the long run, even if it wasn't what he wanted. I don't care if the ISIS brides are young, I don't think she should be allowed back into the U.S.  There seems to be an altogether irresponsible way of thinking--and not accepting the consequences of what may come of one's actions today. We should not condone it just because the person is a teenager or a young adult. There need to be some lessons handed out for other young people to consider today.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket.   Oh my gawwd,  I sound like a fundamentalist religionist(slapping my face)……….

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nope, you sound like your parents Diane. Actually, that should be reassuring for you.

GA ;-)

GA, You're being mean to  me!!! ;-)

2. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Can we get an amen from the Amen Corner.

2. dianetrotter profile image61

The interesting thing about Lt. Hassan is that US officials have not had a press conference about it.  It was picked up by a blogger and news media picked it up from the blogger.  It is a major deal..  He is in jail on drugs and gun charges while they continue to investigate the terror aspects.  They are checking his computer, contacts, etc.  He has a hit list with over 20 people on it.  He wanted to put something in the food supply to kill up a lot of people.  Intelligence owes us a weigh in in on this.

3. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Did ISIS officially declarewar on the U.S.? That will be a factor for these brides. Hassan is a very common Arabic name, ironically enough, and the phony Smellit should pay.

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

These are weak minded people, driven by hatred for the two adults and romantic fantasy probably for the girl. All are driven to act in insane ways by the phenomena of the internet where weak minded people are manipulated by a minority of individuals who can wield influence that,without the internet, was not previously possible.

I used three completely different examples to show the distribution of hatred that is explosive.  1.  Smollett clearly intended for people to be upset and do something - what exactly, I don't know..  2..  Hassan after a 30 year career working with a diverse group of professional people still hates.  3.  The ISIS brides are a real toughy. a.  They knew what ISIS does to people and wanted to go anyway..  b..  They became one of the many "wives" these monsters had as opposed to a loving relationship 1:1 c.  They bore children which could bring a legal fight as to citizenship and claims by Muslim government and family  d.  We have no idea of whether or not they have reformed.  It appears that things got rough and they want a comfy place to continue that life.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think for the coast guard guy it might be advisable to withhold judgement until the facts are all in. We saw the danger of not waiting with Smollet

I can wait.  The circumstances seem to set a pattern of planning.  Smollett had nothing but his lies and self absorption.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000, the Chicago police reported that Smollett staged the attack because he was unhappy w/his salary.  How immature & dumb Smollett IS.   He just HANGED himself proverbially & he lost...…….ALL CREDIBILITY!

Regarding d. I think we should let the Muslims have their own. We don't need the children of these relationships in the U.S. to sit and stew over their parents being "right" and the U.S. is wrong, and then having to contend with them.

I don't know. It's all very sad that a citizen could hate. Commit violence against innocents. Something is wrong in the world we need to figure out.

Not previously possible without the Internet, LTL? I don't believe Hitler had the internet to influence weak-minded people.

Weak minded people have always been manipulated. Hitler influenced one nation, which banded with nations of other despots. Through the internet a nameless, faceless individual can influence the world. That was not possible previously.

5. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 5 years ago

Had an interesting discussion with someone about this situation.

Could Jussie Smollett be playing everyone?

His name is dominating the national news cycle for days and probably will for weeks.

He now has superior name recognition.  People who would not have given a second thought now know his name.

He will go to trial.  How much will that dominate the national news cycle?

Since this happened he has been on national talk show, featured in national newspapers and more.  I don't think that will stop.

With this name recognition, I see him writing a book about his experience.  Could he even get more acting gigs because of this?  Let's face it, with Hollywood being Hollywood, it's possible. 

Could he have gone a step further and planned to get caught to continue his name being in the main stream media?

Will this experience increase his exposure to the point where people will want him on their show or in their movie?

It's possible.  Let us just think about it for a second.  If this is the case, he's pretty diabolical.

P.T. Barnum is reputed to have said, “There's no such thing as bad publicity.”

Mike, my opinion is that I have to disagree. We will never hear from him again after the trial.

He is the Kaepernick of the actor's world. Pure Kryptonite.

GA

Yea, ratings will go down and advertisers will stop supporting the shows.  Stick a fork in this guy.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But we ARE hearinig from Kaepernick again; he has sued the NFL for the result of his stupid actions.

Yep, and got a settlement too. Now, will we see him on an NFL team again?

GA

2. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Barnum is also reported to have said: "A sucker is born every minute." He might be passing us a lollipop.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)