If you got a chance to write a book.

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Shawindi Silva profile image56
    Shawindi Silvaposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14523321.jpg
    If you got a chance to write a book, which genre do you choose ?

1. MeetRegina profile image61
      MeetReginaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It would be love and romance genre, spiced with a little of thriller and suspense.
      A plot twist would be fun, lol

2. Natalie Wood profile image72
      Natalie Woodposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'd definitely go for suspense and mystery or fantasy and adventure.

3. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I used to write a lot as a kid. I've written several books and currently querying my latest one. I would write more, but I have almost no confidence. People look bored when I so much as mention a book I'm writing so I've learned to stop talking about it. Whenever I get an idea, I automatically end up thinking, "that's terrible, don't bother."

To answer your question, I'd write the books I have ideas for now with confidence and love, not the crippling anxiety that I'm wasting time and embarrassing myself with lack of talent. My biggest fear is that everyone is secretly laughing or too nice to say anything.

Fantasy is my favourite genre, though my newest idea borders on dystopian/sci-fi.

4. FelishiyaPS profile image85
      FelishiyaPSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was recently watching Schindler's List. It inspires me to write historical fiction.

5. Daisie Stein profile image69
      Daisie Steinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would love to write children’s books! I have so many ideas for them but I can never find the time to try and write one.

6. Clement Mahao profile image60
      Clement Mahaoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would eagerly if not utmostly, write about  love and happiness affairs. Love is a toxic and generous disease if one fails it. It infects everyone if it is not well treated. Both elders and youngsters are swimming in an ocean of death, in the name of "love"

7. renee21 profile image77
      renee21posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I like to write in two different genre's: romance and fantasy.

2. DomShadows profile image76
    DomShadowsposted 4 years ago

Mine would be poetry.  Free-verse, freestyle, etc.  It would be different! Ha

3. Shawindi Silva profile image56

Interesting !!

1. DomShadows profile image76
      DomShadowsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol. I guess so.  If I can ever make sense of the thousands I have.  It's so hard to get  Manuscript of my best works together.  Regular book or chapbook. How do I citizen my own stuff.  Now that's interesting.  Ha

4. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Many people have ask me to write a book about my life. Words are not my thing, yet doing a film documentary is possible.

5. Shawindi Silva profile image56

I think it's great !!

6. Shawindi Silva profile image56

Yes, that's true. NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE !!

7. cheryl gregory profile image60
    cheryl gregoryposted 4 years ago

Well I would write a murder/mystery set in Sydney Australia, where I'm from.

1. DomShadows profile image76
      DomShadowsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Get to it.. Ha

8. Shawindi Silva profile image56

That's interesting !!

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

Chapter one.
    The day was cold. Yesterday had been hot. Life in California was like that.  One never knew what to wear. It could go from summer to fall to winter in one day.
    Flowers bloomed in the winter and leaves fell in the summer. The wind blew the smog away one day and back again the next. Gertude needed stability. She had to move.
    She packed her bags and closed her eyes. She placed her finger on a map of America. When she opened her eyes, there it was: her new destination. Her new home.

We used to do continuation stories. It was great fun. You have be brave though and not afraid of being weird.

To answer the question, most books write themselves, so you have to ask the book. Perhaps the preceding could evolve into a mystery. I've never written a murder mystery.

1. cheryl gregory profile image60
      cheryl gregoryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you. I will give it a try. And yes the story does tend to write itself when you get into it.

10. profile image60
    laugherposted 4 years ago

I'd like to be involved in the creation of textbooks. Unfortunately, it's not a one-person job. It is extremely collaborative: editors, illustrators, photographers, proofreaders, production editors, printers, expert reviewers--the list is endless. Unless you're a tenured academic, you will have to co-write a textbook with others. I've recently been interested in writing Bioethics or Bioegineering texts. This is since I ran into a couple of really good Bioengineering titles. I first wanted to be an illustrator for this subject, but I realized I can't depict the human form too well.

11. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

A psychological thriller.

12. Lauralee Washington profile image59
    Lauralee Washingtonposted 4 years ago

Detective with a bit of thriller and mystery, for sure!

13. Noel Penaflor7 profile image77
    Noel Penaflor7posted 4 years ago

Horror

14. Shawindi Silva profile image56

That's perfect !!! I like to read horror that's my favorite.

15. Literarycreature profile image93
    Literarycreatureposted 4 years ago

I would love to write books for children. I admire this kind of books because they are the only ones that can be read at any age. It is certainly amazing how different our interpretation of a story can be as we grow up. I hope I can really write something good one day!

16. Shawindi Silva profile image56

That's great I love reading those kinds of books.

17. profile image0
    Priya Baruaposted 4 years ago

Fantasy. Absolutely love the genre. And if not fantasy, then perhaps romance. You know, the Mills and Boon kind.

18. Tamra Bishop profile image58
    Tamra Bishopposted 4 years ago

I would like to write historical mystery fiction for children. For example, the book is set in the 1700s or 1800s. Children would enjoy a good mystery and still learn about life in the 1700s, 1800s etc. Little House on the Prairie is one set of children's historical fiction I can think of right now even though I would not classify it as mystery genre.

19. K E Mims profile image60
    K E Mimsposted 4 years ago

That is easy for me to say! As someone who is currently writing a book, I know I love writing Fantasy. From making the world which it is set in and creating the characters which are supposed to interact with that world, it is nothing short of amazing to go through the creative process of it all.

20. mactavers profile image90
    mactaversposted 4 years ago

I'm on my 5th book, and I find most people say, I'd like to write a book about... but I find that they never seem to get around to actually getting started.  It's rewarding but hard work.

1. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's so true. Anyone who can write can write a book, it's just a matter of sitting down and doing it.

21. Kenna McHugh profile image90
    Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago

I am a non-fiction published author, and I recently self-published a fairy tale.

22. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

I love to write horror/suspense short stories or flash fiction but if I wrote a book it would probably be a children's story/piture book..go figure.

23. Lisabean2202 profile image91
    Lisabean2202posted 4 years ago

Great question! Definitely a tricky one to answer... with so many good things to write about, how does one choose...

24. Melinda Dawson profile image59
    Melinda Dawsonposted 4 years ago

I've been writing stories non stop since I was in fifth grade or so. I just love writing. It's always been a passion of mine. So far my fav genres are murder mysteries, scifi, and Greek mythology. I have also attempted horror and fantasy.

25. Shawindi Silva profile image56

That's great Those are my favorite genres !!!

26. aarcillas profile image74
    aarcillasposted 4 years ago

I have always been fond of reading dystopian fiction novels. I'd be glad to write one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)