What does my dream mean when its like i can't move, and i want to & i struggle b

Jump to Last Post 101-130 of 130 discussions (172 posts)
  1. swalia profile image85
    swaliaposted 8 years ago

It might be that you are feeling stuck in your life and feeling helpless. You feel like a victim of circumstances and are struggling to break free.

2. bluesradio profile image57
    bluesradioposted 8 years ago

often dreams are about our current sitution...could mean u are in a rut and feel tied down...

3. Aelbarsha profile image79
    Aelbarshaposted 8 years ago

This is called sleep paralysis, and it's mechanism is not known as many other sleep disorders.

4. nataren4 profile image57
    nataren4posted 8 years ago

try sleeping with a light on and dont eat minutes before you go to sleep. and also try praying or reading before bed.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

You may be having a night terror.  Pray before you go to sleep.

6. iggy7117 profile image92
    iggy7117posted 8 years ago

Ok, Don't laugh at me. I had this happen three times in one summer about ten years ago and it never happened again. I thought I was abducted by aliens and they were testing on me.

I tried to wake up but was unable to, I could sense beings around me but just out of sight. The thing that really got me was after one of the experiences I woke up with a hole in my stomach. It was to the right of my belly button and deep enough to need a stitch or two. There was no blood anywhere on my or the bed sheets. I still have a scar today from it.

Could this sleep Paralysis actually be humans being experimented on?

7. findbes profile image56
    findbesposted 7 years ago

Believe in yourself and believe in heaven when you do the great things you'll find your life happier.

8. Laura Karina profile image61
    Laura Karinaposted 7 years ago

Sleep apnea

You could be stressed, or you could have a sleeping condition in which your body is literally trying to wake you up. Like sleep apnea.

There's like 100 diagnosable sleep abnormalities that can be treated. Like semi related, some people have similar issues if they eat right before they go to bed. or if they have caffeine (in a cup of tea or the like). It could literally be a million things. Or it could be a fluke and never happen again.

Regardless, if it's reoccurring get it checked out.

9. cinders rauhlee profile image56
    cinders rauhleeposted 7 years ago

You are experiencing sleep paralysis.
    Muscle atonia (muscle weakness) keeps us from acting out our dreams. Say you are dreaming that you are running, muscle atonia prevents you from actually running on your bed.
    There are instances when your mind wakes up before the rest of your body so for a while you are actually aware that you can't move. It is not a fun experience huh!

10. profile image0
    PaulBarnabasposted 7 years ago

I will attempt to answer this question from the spiritual angle and not science.
    If in your dream you found that you cannot move despite your struggles, it simply means that in your life, you are at a stand still and cannot move forward. You see, let me explain better. Our dreams, contrary to what many people believe, is a replay of what our spiritual  life is. Your spiritual life is the symbolic summary of the life you have lived in the past which must reveal its result wether we like it or not. If you had this dream in question, it sums up the fact that you have done something in the past which has stopped your progress in life. Now how would you know the result. Common sense! Ask yourself. If this occured in real life, what would have been the result? Of course, he would need medical attention. So that means the dreamer needs to take care of his or her eating or other habits which may lead to a health hazards. It is as simple as that.

11. Ronyae profile image68
    Ronyaeposted 7 years ago

If I'm correct, these were fabled as "A Witch's Dream"

12. WinterRea profile image61
    WinterReaposted 7 years ago

I've had this happened before. I've had a bad dream and in that I am trying to scream but no words are coming out. This could be a result of some sort of struggle in our waking lives that is not being dealt with and is resulting through our dreams.

13. profile image52
    frumpletonposted 7 years ago

Sounds like sleep paralysis.  It has only happened to me once but it was really scarey.  I couldn't move at all but I was awake.  I think it happens when your brain wakes up before your body does.

14. marcelocarcach profile image88
    marcelocarcachposted 7 years ago

The first time I experienced this, I dreamed that a demon came into my dorm and sat on my chest. Calling on the name of Jesus is what helped me, but I was terrified.

For a while, I experienced this and it was always related to dreams about demons; and the way I overcame was by rebuking in the name of the Lord.

Eventually, it all stopped. I think it stopped because my faith had become stronger.

15. Manish Shukla profile image56
    Manish Shuklaposted 7 years ago

This is nothing but slight Psychological problem . it may be caused due to , while you are  going to bed you have tensed some particular topic too much in your head  , or ..  in your day to day life you were  worried about something too much .or feeling of insecurity about any relationship .

remedies :-1) Stop worrying too much .
                       2) daily do meditation early in the morning
                       3) while going to sleep think about only happiest moment of your life and throw all worries out of your brain .

hope this may help you better to handle this type of situation in your life .

16. vspotz profile image60
    vspotzposted 7 years ago

This definitely sounds like sleep paralysis.  This can be a very frightening feeling.  It is the transition between wake and sleep characterized by complete muscle weakness.

17. Julie Nou profile image53
    Julie Nouposted 7 years ago

probably nightmare? i hav had that before too many times. sometimes, i know it is just a dream, and struggled to wake up but cant. my mom apparently told me i am having nightmare and i am grunting while i sleep.

18. amatjuhink profile image39
    amatjuhinkposted 7 years ago

While I don't know for sure if these two experiences had anything to do with spirits..

19. Omar Eldamsheety profile image73
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 7 years ago

In Arabic we call it " Kapoos" ... It happened to me few times .

20. MovieMatt profile image34
    MovieMattposted 7 years ago

This happens to me when my arm falls asleep because I'm on top of it and blood circulation is impaired. So Your brain incorporates it into your dream.

21. profile image50
    montywatsonposted 7 years ago

May be it is sleep paralysis,But some times at the time of sleep the blood not circulated perfectly that's why some one feel this type for a certain time.

22. Raine Sky profile image67
    Raine Skyposted 7 years ago

Sleep paralysis. I suffered with this since I was a child. I saw things in this state and work up with whip marks, scratches, and bruises. I would talk in another language it was like really weird. It created PTSD in me, scared me so bad at ten I had white hair on a section of my hair. I believe there are different levels to this experience though. Some people just feel like someone is holding them down and others see and hear things like I did.

23. franceshaddick profile image61
    franceshaddickposted 7 years ago

You are not dreamining! It is real! This is not sleep paralasys! Do you start to feel a tingling sensation starting from your feet traveling all the way up your legs, up your torso, through your fingers, up your arms and then you feel paralyzed, then you feel like you're asleep, but you're awake, you try to scream for help but nothing comes out because it paralyzes your vocal chords too? This has happened to me plenty of times, I know exactly what you are experiencing. It is called oppression. Let me ask you a question? Have you in any way been trying to get closer to Jesus Christ? Or been fighting your spiritual beliefs in some way. They are trying to keep you from getting closer to Jesus Christ. But don't be afraid, I can help...I'm going to tell you  exactly what I do when this happens to me, and they go away almost instantly. You must not be afraid when this is happening to you,  just start rebuking the spirit in the name of Jesus Crist in your mind, think these exact words..."I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!" Think it LOUDLY, over and over until you are able to move and speak again, then you Thank Jesus Christ for saving you and ask Jesus Chirst to cover you with his blood in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN! They go away usually by the third time you think what I told you to think.  I certainly hope you understand? My name is Frances Haddick I'm new here in Hubpages Let me know if works for you? Let's keep in touch.

24. Deepika ojha profile image73
    Deepika ojhaposted 7 years ago

It was just a struggle between our mind and soul.mind says something you should not move but soul or heart says select which you are passionate about or really want.Mind says no, heart says yes.In that situation we fell like pissed of,irritated and just want to screaming shout to put out our inner stuggle.
    This is inner struggle, no one can see this,but the person who is suffering felt the real deep pain.he/she don't understand what to choose.Is it their right decision.
    In my opinion, In that times just relax and take a deep breathe and then take one decision, confidently and just stick to, do not get move away by others opinion, take your decision , stick to it, don't get confused.make your mind and soul think in a similar way, and say yes I am right.Its my decision.Be confident. then you will feel that inner struggle will slowly get lost.

25. Blakkbeautii profile image56
    Blakkbeautiiposted 6 years ago

You are fighting the Devil, I had these dreams every night for years. I would scream, kick and fight for my life. I couldn't move at times and my sounds were muffled. I rebuked Satan in the name of Jesus and it went away. I finally started praying every night before I slept and nothing came back and still hasn't.

26. lovetherain profile image79
    lovetherainposted 6 years ago

It is sleep paralysis. No biggie. It's no fun. But your mind is waking up befor your body, thus the dream/wake-like state. I sleep on my stomach or side because it makes it less scary when it happens. You feel more secure.

27. Candicevalentine profile image60
    Candicevalentineposted 6 years ago

Hi Verobaby

For me personally, if that occurs within my dream state it usually means I am blocked spiritually or hindered spiritually. It could be me holding a active grudge against someone or I'm hurting and I'm not able to express it right away. There could be somethings that trigger that state within your dreams. You have to monitor yourself and see what's going on in your present in environment that would have you blocked spiritually. If you feel that this could be the case than I would recommend meditation, yoga, or a chakra healing session. I hope this helped.

28. profile image54
    Ousaid Siddiquiposted 6 years ago

The reason behind this is the lack of sleep and getting in to much pressure due to some unforeseen circumstances or you are hiding something and not share with your close relatives for example with your parents and siblings.

29. Sarah Abbott profile image67
    Sarah Abbottposted 6 years ago

Oh my goodness, I totally have this problem too. It's really scary when it happens, but I just try to inhale really hard through my nose and gain control of my breathing.

When I researched my symptoms, I came across a term called sleep paralysis, and I think that you might be dealing with the same thing.

I would suggest seeing a doctor to talk about it if this happens to you a lot, just to make sure you're overall health is well, and it's not being caused by something else.

If you have a partner, don't be afraid to tell them about it, and maybe even ask them to be on the lookout for you. I know when I get caught in sleep paralysis, sometimes I wish my partner could shake me out of it.

Don't worry. I think one of the main causes of this is being over tired, so try to squeeze some healing days in with lots of relaxation; breathing, drinking water, letting go of fears.

30. CollinsJordan profile image57
    CollinsJordanposted 6 years ago

what is your problem& and what is your dream? is it relly so important for you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)