How do I get more followers?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. sparkleyfinger profile image84
    sparkleyfingerposted 3 years ago

As HP seems to get more and more overwhelmed with writers from overseas who are trying to self promote or write badly, I am finding it harder and harder to pick up new accounts to follow and in turn pick up new followers. Is it just me?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lately, I come across an   ad. It depict a software, where you make click and get follows. The more the clicks, the more the followers.                        But I am curious. It would have been a robotic.                            Yesterday, HP notify me of a new fellow. I at once check his/her profile. For 6 good years the idiot has not pen a single story on hubpages! So who is that to follow me?

Four days ago, I delete a follower. She recently join HubPage  and bad mouth me in the forum. Telling an old sea dog to stop me talking!               Could you put up with such a nonsense and retain such?

sparkleyfingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I dont want fake followers so wouldn't use any software for them, I was simply wondering whether there were any good writers that were worth following still coming onto the site.

In all my years here I have never had anyone badmouth me, so I do wonder what you done to get such attention...

Of a truth, I just mentioned her name in a forum discussion not negatively but as a referal.

2. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Idiot" big_smile That's a bit harsh.

Maybe he joined HubPages in order to read, comment on articles and follow his favourite writers? Not all HubPages members write.

2. theraggededge profile image95

Tbh I've never made it a priority. I much prefer that my readers come via search engines. Whether I get followers on HP is neither here or there.

When I want to read articles, I go directly to the Network sites.

sparkleyfingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response. It's not something that i've really actively tried to pursue, but after so many years on here adn the followers creeping up in dribs and drabs I was wondering whether it was just dying off a little. Good to know there are still some hubbers around and that they will be reading too. Thanks again.

2. Olumisin Tolulope Tinuoye profile image50
        Olumisin Tolulope Tinuoyeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do I go to Network sites, please?

1. theraggededge profile image95

Click on the HubPages logo at the top of the page, then look down the right-hand side. They are all there in blue-green weird fonts.

1. Olumisin Tolulope Tinuoye profile image50

Thank you

2. lobobrandon profile image89
            lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Weird fonts lol

Those are "classy" logos.

Oh. Of course. Silly moi big_smile

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Olumisin, you have 2 LetterPile articles, right? This I think gives you the key to log in to network site.                               When you scroll down end of your time-line or page, you'll see the various net work sites. Click on LetterPile or any one of the networks. Log in with your HubPages'  ID and password. And pronto, you're in!

1. Olumisin Tolulope Tinuoye profile image50

Yeah Thanks

3. RAZW BLOGS profile image61
      RAZW BLOGSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

how can i get my articles featured

Hi there,

Looking at your article about civil engineers, it appears you need to improve your English language skills.

4. Moondot1822 profile image95
      Moondot1822posted 3 years ago

Miebakagh57, I think that was a misunderstanding. You still have that in mind.

Moondot, have you try it? Alternately, just log out of hubpages and you see these "silly" "weird" or "classy logos" sites. How about a try? Thanks!

Miebakagh, just click on the green-blue 'HubPages' at the top of this page. Easy as that.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
        PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

Putting lots of effort into getting followers was something I did early on when I was at HubPages. Then I realized that, at least for me, it was a waste of time. Maybe if you want to form a social group, people who comment, debate, maybe even share your stuff, it might be worthwhile. I chase "organic" traffic, essentially search engine views, so I don't concern myself with followers and haven't for some years.

3. Moondot1822 profile image95

Miebakagh57, this is a new thing for me. I will definitely try it.Thank you very much for letting me know.

4. Moondot1822 profile image95

I recently tried to submit my article on exemplore but they rejected my article. Then when I tried to add another article, they said that you have already submitted 1 article in the last 14 days. Please try again on July 31. Do I have to wait for fourteen days after the article is rejected?

1. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can manually submit one every 14 days from the day of submission.

5. Arooj Baloch profile image60
        Arooj Balochposted 3 years ago

the option of follow is not showing on my profile.....how i solve this problem.plz anyone know reply me

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is showing for the rest of us just not you. If you care about followers go read some hubs, leave comments, and follow others.

1. Arooj Baloch profile image60
            Arooj Balochposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ok thanku

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)