Does it really kill your car battery to jump someone else's car?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (70 posts)
  1. ezhang profile image81
    ezhangposted 12 years ago

Does it really kill your car battery to jump someone else's car?

I heard that you may be doing harm to your own car's battery by helping someone jump start their car. Is this true? Why would that be the case?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5106977_f260.jpg

1. profile image55
      taimur kianiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

as per my opnion yes it does because this helps reducing the strenght and maximum charge of the battery.

1. profile image59
        mashinbankposted 3 years agoin reply to this

it's true.
        it helps reducing the strength of the battery

1. victorypi1 profile image60
          victorypi1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

The possibility of a short circuit somewhere in the battery cable of the vehicle being charged.It, would short circuit your battery and alternator as well.The odds are against such an occurance ,but it is possible.
          If,the battery your trying to charge is old and needs to be replaced will not take a charge.

2. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 12 years ago

The possibility of a short circuit somewhere in the battery cable of the vehicle being charged.It, would short circuit your battery and alternator as well.The odds are against such an occurance ,but it is possible.
    If,the battery your trying to charge is old and needs to be replaced will not take a charge.

1. twilanelson profile image61
      twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

I do believe you can damage your car battery by giving a jump start.  A friend was giving a jump start to his girlfriend and his battery caught fire.  He is not driving that Mercedes any longer.

2. profile image0
      nikashi_designsposted 12 years ago

Yes, repeated jump starts will cause damage to your electrical system. "Reverse Flow"  When the car that requires the jump is cranked, for a brief second more current is redirected to the donor vehicle.  Thanks

1. profile image48
        Craigrendelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'm glad somebody finally answered the car battery question correctly.  Some people have no clue about their car battery.  Engineers only make car batteries 12V or less. This keeps misinformed mechanics from dying from electric shock. LOL

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

The answer is yes. If the battery that you are charging has some electrical issues (usually a short) it can damage yours.

However, a simple solution is to connect  the jumper cable negative portion that goes to your battery to a metal section of your car, thus not allowing a feedback from the other  "possibly" damaged battery.

In other words: positive to positive, your negative to metal the other negative to negative.

1. Joel Mauldin profile image54
        Joel Mauldinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some of this is not true. The ground of your car is directly connected to the ground of your battery. There is virtually no difference between connecting to the ground of your car or the battery terminal. Run the car engine to avoid "feedback".

1. victorypi1 profile image60
          victorypi1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes. It is never recommended to jump start anything with your vehicle, especially a bigger vehicle.

2. profile image48

Joel's comments are preposterous.  HE IS WRONG. I don't have enough room for a discussion about electric circuits and motors but as an metallurgical engineer I can guarantee you that jumping your battery wrong WILL affect its subsequent performance.

4. jchaney profile image59
      jchaneyposted 12 years ago

Yes. It is never recommended to jump start anything with your vehicle, especially a bigger vehicle. Besides the possibility of killing a battery cell you can cause some major electrical issues with your battery, cable, alternator and possibly your computer.

5. platinumOwl4 profile image72
      platinumOwl4posted 12 years ago

Not if  you know what you are doing. The correct way to make the connection are as follows: connect the cables on the first car black to neg and red to positive on the second car red to positive and the black to a good ground some metal on the engine or frame. This will eliminate the problem.

The first car is the one with the good battery.

6. ibbarkingmad profile image59
      ibbarkingmadposted 12 years ago

Lead acid batteries degrade if run below 50% charge. The reason why they are ideal for cars is because overcharging them is not an issue. Connecting jumper cables incorrectly is bad and jumping with battery that has not been topped off with distilled water or has issues is also bad.
      However, often when you jump another car your engine is running. In this case, the thing that is "jumping" or charging your friend's battery is being charged by the alternator which is what charges your car battery.
      So to summarize, no, jumping a friend's car is not bad for your battery, BUT there are things you should do to prevent user error and things you should do to maintain your battery to keep it living longer.

7. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image80
      Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 12 years ago

@ezhang...Absolutely not if the battery that needs charging has no other faults. Once the low car battery is started with a jump, it is best to let the batteries remain connected for a few minutes, so both batteries will recharge. You must have the cables correctly connnected, negative to negative (ground) and positive to positive.

I drove a newspaper motor route for years and charged a lot of batteries!

8. kipronor profile image60
      kipronorposted 12 years ago

Normally a car battery runs out of charge if you have left electronics without switching them off, Lights and perhaps the car stereo. If you have not checked the car wiring system to ascertain if there is leakage or probably short circuits that in the long run affect the battery stability. Ensure that your battery is well insulated and your system well earthed.
      Jump starting a car does not run down the battery....perhaps you only loose a little charge, but if done for a longer time without being recharge you loose the charge, the trick is to jump start and then reconnect your own battery.
      Your connections must be well connected to avoid short circuits and ensure you have quality jumper cables to avoid arcing or heating of cables.
      All the best

9. Etherealenigma profile image67
      Etherealenigmaposted 12 years ago

It's never killed mine. I'd say if your battery was really weak, it might, but generally speaking, no. Now if you are talking about repeatedly doing it...alot...that could lead to problems, but for the once in a while you might do it to help some stranded soul...no. Besides, the car recharges as you drive it, so unless you already have a problem with your battery, I'd say the answer is no.

10. profile image0
      Rosemary Banksposted 12 years ago

Yes it will kill your battery, I don't give nobody a jump not even my children.

1. someonewhoknows profile image73
        someonewhoknowsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If,your car has a small battery & maybe even a cheap battery and it's one of those economy cars that has little or no  accessories that most other cars have then I could see a problem .Your smaller battery & or alternator would not be up to c

2. Borsia profile image40
        Borsiaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was in the auto parts design & manufacturing business for over 30 years and I've yet to see a car that would be hurt so long as it is done correctly.
        It could drain your battery, which will recharge, so hook it up and run the engine for a minut

3. profile image48

You don't have to fear giving people a jump. Be sure it is from a big battery to an equal or smaller battery voltage -wise.  Remember to put the negative of your battery to the frame of the car instead of the terminal. This way you cannot be damaged.

11. knowledgeispowerr profile image60
      knowledgeispowerrposted 12 years ago

As my elder's are connected with the business of batteries. So, according to my information and knowledge it is not like this. If you want to start another car by plugging wire to your battery, so there are some ways also for the protection.
      1. First start your vehicle.
      2. Then plug the wires to your battery, Positive with + and negative with -.
      3. Then when you are going to start another car, first race your own car, i mean to say that press the accelerator, then start the another car.
      If you will follow these ways and your battery blast then tell me i will send you the money for the new one.
      If it is very difficult for you then remove the wires of your car from your own battery and then connect the other car battery and then start easily.
      But both the ways, you will find beneficial, because after my great experience i want to share my views about the concern question.

12. CloudExplorer profile image77
      CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

Well electronically if you have your car running, your alternator will keep your battery charged.  Maybe if you shut off the car and leave it connected, then I can see it draining your car battery.  If you make the wrong battery connections from the contacts it's possible to kill the battery as well I believe because of making the wrong polarity connections, positive to positive lead so on and so fourth is the correct contact connections. 

I've seen a battery almost explode once before while people were trying to jump a vehicle, so make sure you place the Jumper contacts to the right battery posts.

Note:  Red is the hot or the positive lead (+), Black is ground or the negative (-) lead.  Make sure your jumper cables aren't worn or broken, this will ensure that the electrical connection is a solid one.  Also make sure that your car, the one that's being used as the source of power to restore the dead battery, is running before making contact connections.

1. Doug Cutler profile image68
        Doug Cutlerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I blew the top off one when testing a starter from another car.
        My car was running and charger my battery when I put the starter next to it and jumped the starter. It sparked and exploded the hydrogen that was accumulated in the battery..
        Now I wait!

2. profile image0
        johnmariowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If, when trying to jump start another car, one accidentally reverses the polarity of the connections from one battery to the other; one can  ruin the alternator and/or the voltage regulator. This happened to me once.

13. profile image0
      vperryposted 12 years ago

It shouldn't.  If your car is running, it should not drain the battery at all.  I've done this many times for friends over the years and have never had a problem with it.  If it does drain it a bit, once you run your car, it should recharge your battery.

14. profile image51
      Didyoueverwonderposted 12 years ago

If their car has an eletrical problem then yes

15. wesley5159214 profile image60
      wesley5159214posted 12 years ago

absolutely not.  When you jump start somebodies vehicle you are simply transferring electricity from your alternator to there battery.

1. profile image48

You couldn't be more wrong.  Too bad.

16. richardbrown81 profile image82
      richardbrown81posted 10 years ago

LOL... yes, especially if you put the cables on wrong...then leave them there.  Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative(all cars are grounded to the negative pole on the battery).  If you get them mixed up, then you will see a huge spark when you put the second one on.  The voltage has just sky rocketed!  Otherwise no, your accually charging thier battery with your alternator.  Jumpstarting their car is the equivealent of starting yours, a couple times in a row.

17. Borsia profile image40
      Borsiaposted 10 years ago

Done correctly it will have no effect on your battery or your car.
      1. Connect the + side of your battery to the + side of the car to be jumped using the red cable. Check the marking on the battery not just the red / black color coding but red should be +.
      Next connect the Negative cable to your battery - terminal. Then connect the other end to a metal place on the other car's frame or engine. This is to prevent a dangerous spark near the battery.
      Start you car and run it at a medium high idle. If your car has a tachometer it should be about 2500 rpm.
      Wait a few minutes before trying to start the other car.
      The only thing that can cause issues is getting the connections +- crossed so be careful to get them right.
      This will have absolutely no ill affect on your car or battery.

Doug Cutlerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree mostly.Two exception is if you had an old 6 volt system. Or like another said a badly shorted battery.

Or a rare one is if one car has  positive ground and the bumpers were touching. B4 the 60's some had this.

18. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 10 years ago

Usually  not. However the load may blow a diode in the donating vehicle's alternator.

19. annajazz profile image83
      annajazzposted 10 years ago

In the general sense, no it can not hurt your battery. The sole purpose of a car battery is to charge things, and thus...But really its your alternator that is doing all of the work

Now, here are a few way that it can:
      1. If there is something wrong with the jumper cables.
      -They can be damaged/frayed and could cause a short.
      2. The batteries of the cars are not the same voltage/size
      -This can cause melting of the connector wires, thus leading to a battery catching on fire.
      -This can also drain your battery, if, say that you have some mid size car and are
      trying to jump a pickup truck like a diesel a Chevy Sierra.
      3. How you connect the jumper cables
      -If you do it wrong, you can hurt the battery and yourself

20. profile image52
      thom langposted 10 years ago

I see many answers here that are correct.  In the earlier days some cars were okay to give someone a jump.  It still is in some cases.  The story that it was bad was from some cars that  had a different diode in the alternator than others, preventing a sudden surge or draw of current.  It does cause a problem depending on what caused the battery in the that needs the jump to die.  If you disconnect your battery before jumping them it can not throw a sudden surge to your car.  I have a jump pack so I do not need to worry.  In most cases it will not hurt, but there are many things you need to know first.  I spent many years in the battery business, one more start will not hurt the battery, it is the other things. If you think of the battery as a bucket of water, when you take some out to start the alternator puts it back.  If you see a battery that is swelling, it is getting overcharged.  If the car that needs jumped has a swollen battery it is being overcharged, except it does not overflow.  It may explode with a jump.  As many things dealing with electricity, there are many variables

21. tehgyb profile image81
      tehgybposted 10 years ago

No, however it could damage your car's electrical system if you don't connect the jumper cables correctly. Be SURE you're jumping the car per the manufacturer's recommendations.

22. herbalists profile image60
      herbalistsposted 10 years ago

yes  because its old and it will just make our burn therefore do not use that battery. the car is expensive than the battery

23. nanderson500 profile image78
      nanderson500posted 9 years ago

Most of the time, no. I have helped a couple of people jump start their car without any problems, and I'm sure that most people could say the same. It's possible that it could damage your battery though, under certain circumstances. .

24. Kate Mc Bride profile image72
      Kate Mc Brideposted 9 years ago

No-once you drive your car again the battery recharges itself

25. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 9 years ago

Personally I never had an issue. I have a 2001 Ford Suv with an all weather big battery in it that I dont even know the age of (bought it used) and I have jumped between 80-100 cars with that battery and it works fine. Maybe because all of the vehicles had the same size or smaller battery. My suv has never seen a loss in performance and starts up right away.

~thranax~

26. profile image0
      MrDanielAbramposted 9 years ago

No it does not kill your car battery to jump someone else's car. I have done it many times before.

27. profile image52
      MindMatters2posted 9 years ago

NO! You can not kill your cars battery by jump-starting someone else's car, unless your car is not running, and the other car has different issues, (instead of just a low charged battery). (ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO ATTACH (RED) TO (+) AND (BLACK) TO (-) AND MAKE SURE THE TERMINAL POST CONNECTORS ARE TIGHT ON BOTH CAR BATTERIES, because maybe it's not a dead bad, just a bad connection.) But as long as you run your cars engine at the time of the helpful Jumpstart, Your Alternator will keep your battery electrically healthy, (providing that there's nothing wrong with your cars alternator!) I also have to mention, some replacement terminal post connectors are painted (red) and (black) for easy visual connection, just make sure if this is the case, to scare the painted surface away where the cable's are going to make contact, to ensure 100% connection.

1. BilalCB profile image58
        BilalCBposted 6 years agoin reply to this
    28. Huntgoddess profile image66
      Huntgoddessposted 9 years ago

I have always wondered about this myself.

I see there is much good information coming from Hubbers here, so I'm going to try to learn by reading those.

1. Huntgoddess profile image66
        Huntgoddessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've been taking the bus for several years now. So I don't anticipate having to think  much about this in the near future. Possibly never again?

I was never a real strong driver. I didn't learn to drive until I was 49.  Not sure I even miss it?lol

29. Au fait profile image82
      Au faitposted 9 years ago

Never killed mine.  Have given assistance several times.  No problems as a result.

30. BigBlue54 profile image60
      BigBlue54posted 9 years ago

I have never found it to do so but one piece of advice I would give is have your own engine running when you do the jump start. Just let it tick over if you want or just give it a little bit of throttle. I have usually found that because your engine is putting some charge back into the battery it helps the jump start.

Though it has never happened to me I know of someone who helped start another persons car without having their own engine running. The other car took some starting. Eventually it did but the helper discovered his battery was flat. the person he had help had left. Yes you've guessed it. He then needed a jump start from a third person.

31. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

Not necessarily. It can interfere with electronic components of your car, but if you turn everything off and the engine is running, your alternator is doing most of the work. What causes batteries to explode is the hydrogen gas that is produced by the chemical reactions going on inside. The dead battery will have more gas around it than the good one. This is why the last connection, which produces the spark, is best made to the frame of the vehicle that is being used to jump.

I believe you got that backwards. The charging battery is the one that is putting out the hydrogen. I blew the top off one testing a starter on top of the battery while the engine was running. Also you will see the hydrogen bubbles while charging

32. everythingbike profile image60
      everythingbikeposted 8 years ago

Not at all. You can take your battery out of your vehicle and place it in the other vehicle and start it. When the engine is running, just remove the battery (whilst the engine is running) and place it back in your vehicle. If you do chose to run your vehicle whilst trying to jump another vehicle, keep your lights on which helps power spikes when the other vehicle starts which can damage your electronics.

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
        Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Peter, if a car is running and you disconnect the battery then the motor will stop running.

2. fer-nie profile image77
        fer-nieposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Shyron, I think the second alternative he is giving is under the assumption that you don't want to disconnect the battery and would rather keep your head lights on.

33. Dakk profile image84
      Dakkposted 8 years ago

Depends on how well the battery is, me thinks. I've seen old batteries get incredibly hot and almost explode during a jump start attempt, but that only happened once, and it was an old car with an old battery. Never had a problem with newer batteries, altough some mechanics swear that it can ruin the battery if you do it often. I have no special knowledge about this, so I can't say for sure, but chances are that its not good for your battery if you do it several times.

Once or twice should be ok, though.

34. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

Usually it will not but, in the case of not connecting the cables correctly, which will short the battery, or trying to jump someone's car without the one doing the jumping running, that would drain that vehicle's battery then it would need a charge.

35. YvetteParker profile image62
      YvetteParkerposted 8 years ago

I've given a jump before and it didn't kill my battery. I've had others give me a jump without it killing their batteries. I suppose it could be possible to kill your battery depending on its condition at the time. If your battery is already weak, then a jump may cause possible harm.

There is an issue about the diodes in the alternator going out it you do it wrong. Like, if you put a good battery in, start engine, leave running, remove good battery, put back in discharged battery. The "no battery time" can damage the diodes.

36. profile image0
      JG Hemlockposted 8 years ago

Do you know...I was told that it did but I have given so many jumps from my car and I have never had any problem with my car battery. The usual replacement and one time my battery lasted almost 6 years!

37. mechanicsguy profile image58
      mechanicsguyposted 7 years ago

That's the best way if you're in the middle of nowhere smile

1. DonSteve profile image61
        DonSteveposted 7 years ago

Nope.
        Keep your car engine running in order for the alternator to charge the battery and give the other person a jump start. That's the safest way to do it.

2. Jessica Dixon profile image59
        Jessica Dixonposted 6 years ago

I've never had a problem doing this, used to regularly use my car to jump start a classic car which was a work in progress!

More and more modern cars make it impossible to jump start from them. I guess it can damage your car if you have the fancy start/stop technology!

3. fer-nie profile image77
        fer-nieposted 6 years ago

Anytime you're dealing with electricity, there's a risk. I might not be an automotive expert nor be an engineer (I'm going to school for it), but what I do know is jumping someone else's battery always carries a risk.

You're doing someone a favor by jumping their battery. In the same token, you're also risking your electrical systems and such. And, interestingly, you could end up with a worse-off car. I had a car that wasn't the same anymore, especially after jumping a stranger's car. I was afraid I pushed the PCM or something. Although I doubt that was possible, my cluster was acting funny after that.

Jumping someone's car is no joke. Just keep your car nice and tidy, make sure it is well-grounded, and you should be O.K.

4. WrenchWench profile image92
        WrenchWenchposted 6 years ago

Does it really kill your own battery to jump someone else's car? Are there any ways to protect your battery when helping out a friend? Read this article to find out more. read more

5. Kishern profile image53
        Kishernposted 6 years ago

No it magically charges your battery and theirs.

6. profile image50
        Rakhigarciaposted 6 years ago

Jump starting a car does not run down the battery. You only loose a little charge, but if done for a longer time without being recharge you loose the charge, the trick is to jump start and then reconnect your own battery. Your connections must be well connected to avoid short circuits and ensure you have quality jumper cables to avoid arcing or heating of cables.

7. venus Psychic profile image61
        venus Psychicposted 6 years ago

definitely yeas.. better take your time , remove the battery  and recharge it in a gentle method at home .. recharge faster always kill the battery lifetime . x from Venus psychic

8. profile image38
        alanjakewashingtonposted 3 years ago

Yes, do not jump on even your car also

9. electronicsguy profile image87
        electronicsguyposted 3 years ago

I wrote a pretty good article on this. When you jump start someone else's battery, a momentary spike in current jolts either system. This momentary spike in current could be avoided with overcurrent protection that could handle such a spike in current. However, not all electrical subsystems can handle this. As a result, damage can occur.

10. MARTINS CHUKWUMA profile image60
        MARTINS CHUKWUMAposted 9 months ago

Jumpstarting another car can be risky if not done properly. The main risk is electrical damage to one or both vehicles. There is also a risk of injury due to electrical shock if the procedure is not followed correctly. Additionally, if the jumper cables are not connected in the right order, it can cause damage to the electrical systems of the vehicles involved.

11. profile image61
        Sophia Decruseposted 8 months ago

I personally felt that jump-starting could strain the car's battery. Once I did, it also drained my charging system due to voltage drop and increased alternator workload. I minimise risks, ensure proper procedures, consider using a jump starter, and turn off electronics. Weak batteries can get further damaged. I prioritise regular maintenance and caution to prevent harm to my own battery.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)