What to reply when someone says I hope You don't mind it?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. jabelufiroz profile image70
    jabelufirozposted 10 years ago

What to reply when someone says I hope You don't mind it?

(specially while sending text messages or emails)

1. profile image0
      Hassan 3232posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It depends on situation if problem is not too much serious so its fine then but if there is a serious problem so then the concern person must have to know about your nature.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 10 years ago

If someone says that to me, and I DO mind I'll usually keep things light but say something like, "Actually, I do kind of mind."  From there the person may be likely to say why he didn't think you'd mind, at which time politely explaining what the problem (and reason for "minding") is.  It's at this stage in the "back-and-forth" that I may clarify that I actually more than "kind of mind" but was trying to be polite and reasonable when I first said that.

If it's a serious matter (as opposed to some run-of-the-mill type of thing) I'll leave out the "kind of" and say something more like, "Actually, that WOULD be a problem for me because......".

3. cebutouristspot profile image78
    cebutouristspotposted 10 years ago

I think it depends on the context but if it something that really bother me.  I make it known that I do mind.  It is better be frank (and temporarily hurt the person) and be understood than be a martyr (and be misunderstood) and be step on. 

Just my opinion smile

4. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 10 years ago

Often when people say, " I hope you don't mind",  (usually with a big smile on their face) they know that they are out of line. They are trying to embarrass you and pressure you with this, "I hope you don't mind" line so you don't confront them with their bad, irritating, or boundary busting behaviour. They expect you to say, "No, that's okay". Watch them looked shocked when you say, "Yes, I do mind". 

For most people, when they say, "I hope you don't mind", they know full well that they are stepping on your toes.

Some people with weak boundaries say this and are apologetic, "I hope you don't mind if I take my lunch break", when they have the right to take it. This is a different story. In this case you say, "Of course I don't mind". These people need reassurance.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

If you really don't mind, mind your own business. If you really mind, tell him your problem and let him mind his own business!

6. emdi profile image64
    emdiposted 10 years ago

¨Sorry, I do mind, because.......¨

then you need to explain the reason.

7. WalterPoon profile image68
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

I would just throw the ball back and ask, "And what if I mind?". I will then wait for the response.

8. connorj profile image71
    connorjposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8102132_f260.jpg

When I am in this situation, that being, replying to the statement, "I hope you don't mind..." I consider it opportunity to assist someone in need. However, that does not mean I will "cave into" what they want, actually it usually means that I will not. After some discussion we have put our "heads together" and reason wins!

9. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 10 years ago

Thanks for asking if I mind it or not. I do because....or I don't because...

Just be honest and straight forward without being hurtful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)