If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Genna East profile image83
    Genna Eastposted 13 years ago

If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?

I would have to say English Literature.

1. Shefali Srivastava profile image61
      Shefali Srivastavaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would too. In fact, I have worked as an English teacher for over a year and it was a great time period of my life.

2. microfinance profile image57
    microfinanceposted 13 years ago

Geography, Microfinance & Love Of Corss, hahaha Thanks Genna

3. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 13 years ago

History! after all it is about were we came from and we can can learn so much from the mistakes and triumphs of our fore fathers/ mothers.
    Yesterdays days news is History, todays News is makeing History and tomorows has yet to be explored..

Yes I would teach History and with great passion!

Great question and Thank you for asking!

Mike :0)

4. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 13 years ago

Early American History, from 1740 through 1875, with special emphasis on the the Declaration of Independence, American Revolution, U.S Constitution, and the founding fathers.

5. Jarn profile image61
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

Creative Writing.

6. Wayne Brown profile image81
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

I would enjoy the teaching of history....especially the history of America and the many perspectives that are there for discussion.  It is a very important subject and the teachings should be detailed and accurate so that our young people can see their heritage and appreciate it.  Too often today, I hear commentary citing how ugly and unfair we are as Americans and i see our young people quickly jump to that side. What a shame...that needs to be turned around. WB

7. Eve Foss profile image71
    Eve Fossposted 13 years ago

I have taught reading and language arts before, and I loved it!

8. Hyphenbird profile image81
    Hyphenbirdposted 13 years ago

Reading. Everything else evolves from the ability to read and comprehend well.

9. karengibsonroc profile image68
    karengibsonrocposted 13 years ago

if i was a teacher i would like to teach performance poetry! how to take your poetry off of the paper and perform it onstage!

10. theseus profile image72
    theseusposted 13 years ago

I have been a teacher for 3 years to college students.
    But I would love to teach arts (drawing,music,dance and the like) to pre-schoolers.It would be so much fun!

11. jlastevens profile image60
    jlastevensposted 13 years ago

I was an instructor for drumline and taught primarily tenor drum and snare drum techniques and so on. Loved doing this.

If I was to teach any subject, these would be the ones...

Creative writing:
    I love writing and I remember in High School I had an amazing creative writing teacher who inspired me to actually continue my stories and to not be afraid to let others see what I write about

Ancient History:
    I am a huge lover of Ancient Egypt and other civilizations. (I'm also a believer of Atlantis: Although there isn't necessarily enough proof Atlantis existed so I wouldn't teach about them!!)

12. Michaelmas profile image60
    Michaelmasposted 13 years ago

Creative writing or art. Being able to create art or interpret the world around you is very important and it can build confidence

13. maria.rose profile image40
    maria.roseposted 13 years ago

if i was the teacher.  I would  teach  math because i love math subject........

14. Keith Worth profile image59
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

I would like to teach Unlikely Maths.

I honestly have no idea what that would entail, but I think I read about in a book at some point and the concept amuses and interests me.

Failing that, you can't go wrong with anything in English or Psychology.

15. daisyf1305 profile image73
    daisyf1305posted 13 years ago

Funny, question I am attending college to become a teacher, I love science, and writing so if I do become good at writing I would love to teach it!!!

16. platinumOwl4 profile image73
    platinumOwl4posted 13 years ago

If I were a teacher I would teach a special class. The title of the class would be  The Art Of  Inner-standing. This develops a person from the inside out not in the opposite direction. We have understanding, outstanding. Yet, Inner standing is generally overlooked.

17. SweetMarie83 profile image80
    SweetMarie83posted 13 years ago

I'd like to create either creative writing, English or history.

18. ThunderKeys profile image62
    ThunderKeysposted 13 years ago

It's not so much that I would want to teach a give subject content but that  I would want to teach generally through "precision teaching" or "direct instruction" Methods.

This science based approach can teach under-educated and behaviorally/emotionally higher needs kids more effectively than any other method. It can also take a home-school child from grade 0 to 12 with very high marks in about 2 years so they can get college scholar ships. Same with under served kids.

Yes I do have a hub on this teaching method that professional educators have swept under the rug for decades despite the fact that it is empirically proven to be the best available method of teaching ever developed, - period. Sorry I am very passionate about this topic!

19. profile image0
    latilock123posted 13 years ago

I would like to teach science or english literature.

20. Genna East profile image83
    Genna Eastposted 13 years ago

There are so many wonderful answers here.   I can relate to the English lit and creative writing choices.  I was never good at math so I am so impressed by those of you here that would teach it.  History is a great subject as well, as is special education.  Actually, there are times when I wish I could take certain courses all over again.  Karen, your choice of performance poetry is fascinating.

21. stefancando profile image68
    stefancandoposted 13 years ago

Biology! I like the way nature works. To me it's like a combination between science and art.

22. kallini2010 profile image79
    kallini2010posted 13 years ago

I would love to teach CREATIVITY.

Yes, I know it does not have any rules.  I think we ruin children's imagination with our rules.

No, I don't have a program, curriculum or notes.  Let it be a dream.

We have to teach children how to be themselves, how to believe in themselves, how to be in harmony with themselves and the world around them.

HIstory?  I dislike history for the fact that it is a subject of creative writing.  It has been rewritten for too many times to be funny.

What I find, no matter what country or what school, there is always some sort of damage, because the focus is always on technicalities, the knowledge that goes away.

What does not go away?  Personality.  "How to be who you are?"

23. earnings33 profile image40
    earnings33posted 13 years ago

i have been a teacher in Pakistan and love to teach mathematics, English, Urdu, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well.

24. rachelsholiday profile image61
    rachelsholidayposted 13 years ago

I wish I could teach high school students about the impacts of society on gender identity.

25. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 13 years ago

I would like to teach HS Health, Drawing, or Ceramics.

26. LeisureLife profile image68
    LeisureLifeposted 13 years ago

It would be fun to teach a foreign language, but I would have to become fluent in one first....

http://hubpages.com/hub/Language-in-the-Classroom

27. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

I want to teach History and Physical Education

28. wonderingwoolley profile image58
    wonderingwoolleyposted 12 years ago

I would love to teach English, but I'd hate to teach the grammar- well more specifically punctuation. I love DOU. If I couldn't teach English, I would teach History, because that's pretty awesome too.

29. hagsvilleUSA profile image69
    hagsvilleUSAposted 11 years ago

i'm an english teacher, but i'd love to teach history, psychology, or sociology as well.

30. Maurice Malcolm profile image80
    Maurice Malcolmposted 3 years ago

I would teach Human Biology, Psychology, Sociology

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)