Bye-Bye President Trump

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 3 years ago

In the next 3 days, President Donald Trump term of office expires.                  I hope he be man enough to be present to hand over no matter how the votes were stollen from him. "With no mallce and charity for all" like when he consent defeat to Obama.                                      Many bad things has been said of a president of America, real or imagine. And presidents have get off tangent and fallen. That's their waterloo or watergate.            Potus, 'real' Donald Trump is no exception.    I wish many here will join me to say bye-bye to Trump.

1. ziyena profile image91
      ziyenaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Did you know that Mercury is on its way, transitioning to retrograde?  As an American much entitled to opinions about the state of my own country's political affairs, I'd just as soon not on this one.  Avoid the drama at all cost for the next thirty days. But I definitely don't mind if someone passes me the popcorn smile

Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome and entitle to your opinion.                                    Trump has many firsts among his equals some which are without parallel.                                                 What happened January 6 at the Capitol affect the international community.                                           In America alone, that calls for his impeachment if VP Pence did not remove Potus via, the 25th Amendment.                                         I think you will agree with me Trump go honorably.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I won't say goodbye to President Trump, because I think it will be a  see you soon kind of farewell. I got a feeling he will keep himself busy as an activist. And actually, he may become more of a power in that position.

So be it. How did Joe Biden(JB) become president? Keeping lazy? Nope! He keep busy. Mrs. Clinton is still on course. Don't you think so?

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
          Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't think the Clinton's will ever completely step out of politics. I think Biden was elected (to be open and honest) due to a huge segment of American's just so disliked him they fought hard to get him out.

That means you agree with me?

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70

I agree. Many-the press(the worst), the left, the conservative, Pelosi and her house, and few divide in the Senate.                                                  But Trump did not give up. I like the guy.

2. ScottSBateman profile image69
        ScottSBatemanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I might have agreed in November but not now.

Not with a 29% approval rating, criminal investigations, a flurry of lawsuits and a massive bankruptcy on the way.

3. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

..he be man enough to ..
      reflects on the personal character. All events after Nov. 3 reveal what the Real Donald Trump is about.

On the other hand the USA is deeply divided. The 2 party system that still exists today does not take care of the need of modern society in developed countries. Democracies of "Old" Europe have a rainbow of parties, representatives of political opinions in their respective political system. Not so the US. And the people have sensed this discrepancy  long ago. Over the past decades many Americans lost confidence in the bipartisan system. They were looking for someone without the smell of partisan breed.
      To me it appeared very rational what happened 4 years ago and i wanted to give the new guy credit for his objectives at first.

But the people got hooked on a pied piper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

In 2016 a man was elected into office with bad manners, poor character, questionable mental stability. It took until the year 2020 and a epic pandemic to find out that this guy was also a terrible manager and a very poor organizer. People had overlooked much of his personal misbehaviours only to cling onto the idea of tearing down the establishment.

Now the advisory board (the people)  has fired the management (Trump administration). Many people still believe in the pied piper. The USA has many plagues to overcome, not only the rat plague from the fairy tale.  Unlike in the fairy tale where the pied piper was successful in removing the rats, in the US all plagues are still there.

I don't think the accusations can be substanciated. The story of the Piter Piiper of  Hamilan town facinated me as a child while reciting poems and songs, and I learnt a lesson not to pay good for evil but to be thankful. It hardly applies to a modern nation much less President Trump.

1. CHRIS57 profile image61

The pied piper was a show man, and that is what modern time 45th president of the US is.

In the fairy tale the showman was successful in taking care of the rat plague. Initially he was a victim, because he was not paid by the city councel for his service. So he took vengeance and played the same trick with the children.

So much for the fairy tale. Now - which plague exactly was taken care of by Trump? None. The modern time showman only added new plagues or amplified old plagues like racism or inequality.

It certainly was a showman´s quality to make  followers with mostly low income believe that cutting taxes for corporate America will have positive benefit on those poor, who don´t pay taxes in the first place.
          Another showman had called this trickle down economics (Ronald Reagan). Didn´t work 40 years ago. Doesn´t work today.

A little kick from a pandemic immediately put on display, how fragile employment numbers for unskilled labour are, how fast lines are filling in front of food banks.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

REWRITE
    In the next 3 days, President Donald Trump's term of office ends. I hope he is man enough to attend the ceremony and hand over the presidency to Joe Biden in person. Never mind the fact that the deep-state communist members of his party stole the election from him. He should be nice enough to just deal with it. Just be nice. Just be compliant and complacent about it all. No matter how the votes were stolen from him. With no malice, and instead with charity for all. Many bad things have been said of various presidents in America, real or imagined. And some presidents fell from their own bad actions. That's their waterloo or watergate. POTUS, 'real' Donald Trump is no exception. I hope many of you Hubbers will join me in saying Farewell to President Trump.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Actually, Trump, Pence, Barr and others have already said Farewell to their political positions. They will do better on the outside. The mission of securing America for liberty and justice for all will continue, no matter how hard the communists strive to take America down. God is on our side: The side of the founding fathers and the people who demand, love and thrive in independence, hard work, self-control and self-rule.

Kathryn, welcome to the discussion. I agree with you.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

REQUEST:

Using specific actions and policy implementations please show us how Trump was a "terrible manager and a very poor organizer."

Please provide us with a list of what you consider to be President Trump's "personal misbehaviors."

Please explain how the Trump administration, (as "management,") was hiring and paying citizens?

What type of flute and what sort of music did Trump use to lure supporters?

What rats and plagues are you referring to?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

CRICKETS. Treat me like a troll if you want, but I was really wondering about the music. Please?

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Welcome to the discusion. Bingo.

5. The Masked Marauder profile image68
    The Masked Marauderposted 3 years ago

Current reports on those who have been identified and/or arrested indicate that the majority of the people who rioted at the Capitol were not poor or disenfranchised Americans but rather active and retired service members, CEO's, business owners, police officers, stay-at-home dads, real estate agents, and State legislators (credit Atlantic Magazine).

The skewed tale that it is the common, poor, disappointed, and ignored by their elected representatives, Americans that protest and riot is the oldest trick in the political playbook. The one exception may have been the Watts neighborhood riot which happened solely in Watts dues to police racism and poor living conditions. That the Watts Rebellion stayed in one neighborhood is the telling difference.

Poor people can't travel cross country and afford protective vests and a $700 AR 15 semi-automatic rifle. The very thought is ludicrous.

As a student at U of Cal at Berkeley in the early '70s and de facto member of the SDS and Weathermen who partook in Vietnam war protests, I have been approached by young members of groups such as the Sunrise Movement and Extinction Rebellion as to how our movement of that day could be translated to help them make a change.

Simply said, I told them I can't.

Different times call for different measures. In my day, the police had plastic shields and nightsticks. Body armor was nonexistent. They, along with National Guardsmen, had guns but never used them (excluding the tragedy at Kent State). The effort was one of "lay down and go limp", a peaceful protest action that would not fly in the face of today's police. Cops now DO Not appreciate dragging limp bodies to a Paddy Wagon, I guarantee that. as a matter of fact, that process today would land you with a resisting arrest charge.

So, while I have the utmost respect for these young people and their cause, I am forced to tell them that all the nightstick blows we took and the time in jail, it wasn't us that changed the direction of the Vietnam War.

It was our parents.

Most of us were just college kids there by the grace of our folks. When they got enough of seeing their children die or beaten they drew the line and when the politicians got the message that a vast majority of middle-class voters were going to vote them out of office, the politicians changed their tune.

And that is the truth of the matter.

Sincerely,
    The Masked Marauder.

CHRISS57, you're in Germany, and I'm in  Nigeria. Have you read the Mask Maruader? He's a native American. He claimed to have more insight into the Capitol Crisis. He said the invaders were middle class American citizens.                                                                           More over, the covid19 was not confirmed to the United States alone. It is world-wide.

1. CHRIS57 profile image61

I have no objection to the findings that most participants in the assault on the capitol were middle class Americans.

Of course only those with sufficient finances are able to travel thousands of miles to D.C.

But - aren´t those middle class people disillusioned? Aren´t they fearing the loss of their status quo? Those on Jan. 06th were only the financially mobile spearhead of the Trump movement. There are a lot more behind that spear head, all those who already lost their status quo, who are now poor, desperate and have no real support from corporate America and the bipartisan system.

Yes, Covid19 is worldwide. But as discussed earlier in other threads: Old Europe has a social security system that cushioned much of the economic hardship for the ordinary people. The US has nothing close. People who had difficulties meeting ends before the pandemic are totally lost now. Why the long lines at the food banks?

I didn´t like this child in office, but there is a reason for Trumpism. Should not be underestimated. Even though Trump promised a lot and he failed and is gone now - the plagues are still there and Trumpism is nursing from them.

Covid19 did not begun or stop in America.                                                 And now Trump is gone. Right from the begining to date, the pandemic is quite a year in the USA.                                                     Let's see how POTUS46? will handle the challenge. Remember vacines began to appear on the scene in late November 2020.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)