No traffic coming from LetterPile

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

Hello beautiful Souls

Is it only me, who is getting zero traffic from LetterPile or someone else is also facing the same situation
    Please let me know.

1. DWDavisRSL profile image80
      DWDavisRSLposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Over the last week, my traffic on LetterPile has fallen to about 1/5 of what it was over the weeks before then.

Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's sad, you are one of the important part of LetterPile
        I have seen your work there numerous times
        Like "Setting Friday Free" (A Buzby Beach Novel) I think its chapter 38 now
        Alas! If you are not working there much, how would I?

Blessings

2. writtenonthebrow profile image60
      writtenonthebrowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I haven't had any traffic from LetterPile. I have a novella that I'm uploading and it's been featured on LetterPile. I'm new to Hubpages.

As-Salamu Alaykum,

Johanna, I am glad to find an Arab Muslim here smile
        Welcome to HP, I am a Muslim too, from Pakistan, living abroad
        I read your story First Cousins: Arabs and Jews, It's nice-

I am following you now
        Peace and Blessings

2. theraggededge profile image98
        theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is simply the wrong platform for work like that. Why don't you self-publish onto Kindle?

Yes Bev, agreed
          Her profile is very nice and she can do even better if she will Self Publish it on kindle

3. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You'll never get a lot of traffic from Letterpile. Unfortunately that kind of writing tends not to get much traffic on the Web.

theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Well, you don't get much traffic *from* Letterpile. That only happens if someone sees the summary of your work on the portal page/s and is intrigued enough to click on it. Your main source of traffic should always be search engines. Unfortunately people don't search for poetry and creative writing sad If they were, I'd be writing that kind of material myself.

That's really sad Bev G
      But what about the authors who are just doing poetry and creative writings here

3. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Hi Misbah, i get some traffic each day from Letterpile but not very much. Most of mine is from Google and Pinterest.

Yes John
      I am getting it sometimes from Pinterest and a very few from google
      I think the poetry should remain on discover ( just an opinion) smile
      If we are not getting enough traffic from there so why our writings getting moved there, idk

4. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

What about them? If anyone asks here most old hands will confirm that poetry and creative writing doesn't make money on the internet. Unless you are very famous.

Hubpages clearly defines what they consider valuable content:

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … at-content

To attract traffic (and earn) you have to provide what people are looking for.

Yes Bev, but then why we are having LetterPile ? and why these stuffs are getting moved, idk
      As I said, I think it should remain on discover at least to get some traffic from HP community (it is just an opinion)

1. theraggededge profile image98

I hate to say this but Letterpile is probably the worst performing niche site. Poetry and creative writing gets put there, whether it is good, bad or indifferent.

How do you think being on Discover will get more traffic from the community? The early traffic comes from your followers seeing it in their feed. Once it's disappeared from those feeds, it's disappeared. Discover doesn't even appear on the list of niche sites.

I can't say this enough: basing an online writing career on poetry and creative writing is, generally speaking, a waste of time.

There's nothing wrong with writing poetry if you are moved to do so, but don't expect to get lots of traffic or earn a decent amount unless you have a huge following. Luckily, you have a wide breadth of topics so are keeping all options open smile

You are genius Bev
          Always updated lol
          I always love to hear your insightful thoughts “keeping all options open ” wink
          I loved it smile

2. Shesabutterfly profile image93
          Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have a non poetry/non creative article stuck on Letterpile. Letterpile is the place all articles go to die unfortunately. It does not help they do not have enough categories for all the non poetry articles they put over there.

Honestly, I could see Discover doing better, IF it was truly a good site and not the new old HP with a bunch of subpar articles. If my options were Letterpile or Discover, I would pick Discover. Both sites have subpar content and rank low. It would be my hope that people browse Discover more than a dying niche site. In addition to having proper tags the article would be easier to search for/stumble upon for interested readers, assuming people are browsing Discover like they did in the past when searching was much easier. Either way, anything is better than Letterpile in my opinion.

My article was getting upwards of 100 views a day on HP before it was moved over to Letterpile. Now I'm lucky if it gets 50 views a day unless it is in peak season. It's a well searched topic and was on the top of Google when it was on HP. However, with Letterpile continuing to drop in rank, the worse it gets every year.

My guess is that it did so well on HP, because it was easy to search for content back then. You didn't need to simply rely on your followers and authors were regular readers of other's work. Pre panda the article ranked in the top 3 consistently, which of course also helped. Currently thanks to Letterpile's poor rankings it is now at the bottom of page one. It's only a matter of time before I'm off the first page completely and this article stops getting views.

Misbah, I had a few poetry articles up. I have removed them all. I had one that did well as far as poetry goes, the other's saw maybe 10 views a month. The one that did well, had a searchable title and some supplemental content. It was frequently stolen though, and I decide to remove it. It wasn't producing enough income to make all the copywrite problems worth it. I would love to keep writing poetry, but I wouldn't post it here. Letterpile is not worth writing for.

Same happened with me Shesabutterfly, one of my article that was non poetry/non creative article moved to LetterPile and lost its grace, I was having traffic on that article till the time it was living on discover but now is dead sad
            And yes articles are being stolen, happened with me a few days ago
            That’s sad sad

Blessings to you

5. Moondot1822 profile image96
    Moondot1822posted 3 years ago

Misbsh, you are not alone here. I have 4 articles on 'letterpile', but only one of them is getting traffic from Google. Our articles will not get traffic until they appear on good Niche sites.

Yes @Moondot, only one of my article has been moved to owlcation.
      I have to apply for the rest

I was so busy in writing that I didn't cared much about moving them, Alas!

Thanks to some beautiful souls who always try to put me back on track every now and then

Blessings

6. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Yes you can make money online writing poetry and creative fiction, but not at HubPages. This is just the best platform to keep your poetry and creative writing and use it as a portfolio to show to clients. I work as a freelance writer on Fiverr and 90% of my clients want poetry or fiction stories for children's books, educational material, advertising blurbs/logos, or love poems or dedications for a loved one etc.

They may say there is no demand for poetry etc but that is a fallacy, it is like any other form of writing, you need to know where the market is. I have so many clients now I sometimes have to turn some away or tell them to contact me at a later date if they cant find another poet.

So Misbah, although you won’t make a lot of money here from your poetry you can practice your craft here, get feedback from your followers, and use it as your portfolio to sell it elsewhere.

Oh I see.... John
      That's a superb idea to use HP Profile as a portfolio smile

As I said, there are some beautiful souls that keeps me up.. you are one of them smile

Thanks for the information
      Blessings always

Very good points. Greeting card writing is quite lucrative, I heard.

Nice idea, Bev smile
        Blessings

3. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent advice, John. Very hopeful.

4. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image55
      Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Inspiring information. Thank you for sharing, John.

7. Jan Saints profile image87
    Jan Saintsposted 3 years ago

Letterpile has a potential to do better. If HP   and us writers can start sharing it on other platforms (like social media) or even recommending it to people near us, I think it can easily become a leading source for poetry and creating writing on the web.

1. writtenonthebrow profile image60

I did that recently. I posted on my FB.

Yes@Jan I hope

@writtenonbrow---Great job

1. writtenonthebrow profile image60

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Btw, my name is Johanna

Nice meeting you, Johanna
            Blessings

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

Theraggededge speaks the truth. Letterpile is not great for views or earnings. Much of the niche is poetry, stories, opinion, nothing wrong with that, but the commercial value is low. I think Letterpile is to some degree about keeping an engaged writing community, but you will get more views and earnings writing about fixing a broken washing machine, or creating craft projects for kids at Halloween.

Thanks, Paul smile
      Blessings

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)