What happenes after we die?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. hinckles koma profile image60
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

Should we even wonder?

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Guess it depends on your faith.

hinckles komaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what faith, in god? can you explain.

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure

In my faith I will die, and be judged by GOD.

i think judgment brings fear and uncalled emotions, being afraid of being judged like heaven and hell whats that? I just think death remains unexplained. What do you think we are born sinners, right? all of us. so to live life and than be judged on it why and how? god is all people in love peace and harmony, you seen them around iam looking for them tell them i called. LOve all

I look at GOD from a father child point of view.  As a parent, do you want your children to succeed at any cost?  Succeed yes, but at any cost I would say no.  I would like my children to succeed, but also obey what I say.  Not to be hard on them, but to keep them from making mistakes that could hurt them, other people, or even get them in trouble.  God is love peace and harmony to his children, but those who oppose he has no mercy.  I fear GOD just as I would fear my own father if I did something wrong.  It's human nature, and I think most people with or without faith would agree on parental fear. We are born with a choice, and growing up that choice will be made.  In the end it's up to everyone to decide for themselves.  Do you obey your father, or part ways?

"would like my children to succeed, but also obey what I say"   :   I don't need or want obedience or obligation from my children as a mother.  I need to guide them yes, shelter them yes, judge them no, Expect them to .. no. I want them to over stand.  And not afraid of life, god, religion, or what might happen to them. I do how ever respect your philosophy and i truly want our next generation to have less fear and more love. love all

Do you think your children fear you when they do something wrong?  Or, if fear is to strong of a word, do think they think, "I better not do that mom might get mad"?  I've never met a child that didn't, except in their teens when they get rebellious, and don't care what their parents think.  Point is if a child thinks this way then they are afraid of being judged, whether you as the parent think you judge them or not.  I just think it is a natural feeling.  I don't want my children to fear those things.  I just want to teach them that they have choices, and there are consequences to their choices.  Even if the choice has nothing to do with religion.  Like hey, don't jump in that pool, because you don't know how to swim.  If you do, you'll drown.  In that instance I definitely want them to obey what I say, and I know you would to.

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

We fall into a Koma wink

then we wake up.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In another body. And start over smile

Why do some than struggle more than others? Why we have no memories of our past was it erased.

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Uh-oh, you are asking questions that have no definite answers, unless you are enlightened. But then you have no need to ask them - you just know. smile

you right we have no answers and i really don't know i just wonder. love all.

5. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

After faith and fear, let's get back to the original question: "What happens after we die?"
    Nothing happens after we die. The world just carries on as before but, if we are lucky, the world will have slightly changed for the better through our individual input.
    Our individual internity is the traces / influences / works of art, whatever we contribute. Even this little conversation on hubpages, sharing thoughts, is a small contribution towards our  respective eternities.

too deep?

Buzzkill.

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Sue not to deep, spot on!

6. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

Thanks earnest, glad someone's with me on this. My twin sister believes she's gonna be eaten by worms, the poor thing. She doesn't understand it won't matter by then because her eternity will stay behind of course. But then she is a pessimist.

I really wish death can be explained a little more, i just dont understand whats the point of living, building relationships, working, dreams, nightmares, all the good things life attaches us to, for what? if we are all vanish.  Whats right and wrong, for all its a different meaning in life, while we are alive then we all pass away differently  too?   I guess we can try not to attach our selfs to the world because nothing remains ours, just our presence contributes the energy we put out.  no?

7. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Who is to say that we are not living the afterlife now and will continue to do this after each we all expire. Would be a nice thought that this is death we are all in now.

Then we can go and rest, but what if we are having too much fun now, then what?  just continue having fun? Inspiring thoughts, thanks.  Should we explain that to kids or just keep it moving?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)