How to get real traffic on your website?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. iamhamza profile image60
    iamhamzaposted 2 years ago

I am a bit confused about getting traffic to website. There are soo many providers and so called SEO gurus but which to follow, what to do? It's really confusing.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hey there, have you a website or blogspot? And you're new to hubpages, right?                                                          The missing thing is that you are yet to write an article. When you set out to write a good quality article, Google, search engine giant and others will send the traffic.                                          Go to our learning center. Click help on your feeds or time line, and dive in. Much thanks.

2. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Iamhamza, are you referring to overall or on HP specifically? HP doesn't have "soo many providers". SEO gurus come and go based on Google algorithm changes. Please be more specific in your query,

Your goal as an HP author should be to provide content that answers questions searchers ask and/or to entertain. Give the people what they want (without plagiarizing other authors) in perfect English, and you'll have the base for success as an online writer.

3. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Go to a Hubber's profile named WryLilt and read her article titled, "How to Find High Traffic Topics Using Google Suggest". Start there for finding search-friendly titles. Also think of how people phrase things when they use the search engine, what questions they ask the Google search engine. If you want to invest in a keyword tool, I used to use Word Tracker with success - long time ago.

NateB11, thanks for the suggestion. WryLitt Well article is a good read.                                          @IAMHANZA, search for WryLitt Well at hubpages, or gongle: "wrylitt well at hubpages" and follow the author. Much thanks.

1. AliciaC profile image93
          AliciaCposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know you're trying to be helpful, Miebakagh57, but there is no writer here called WryLitt Well.

Linda, I did a serious searching on WryLitt/Wry Litt (Well) on both Google and HubPages. And I pinned her down on Hubpages.                               Her real name seems to be Sussanah Birch. I'm following her about six hours ago. Like you, good to go with her flow. And Linday, enjoy the day. Much thanks.

1. AliciaC profile image93
              AliciaCposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Susannah’s HubPages name is actually WryLilt, as Nate says. I’ve seen a lot of people make a mistake with her name over the years. It’s easy to make an error.

Linda, okay got it. But WryLitt that I've noted. I'm sorry that I gather the mistakes on my search. Thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image96
                  theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

W R Y L I L T

OMG! Another mistake spelling of WryLitt/Wry Litt or something?                                     Bev, you may be correct. But my confidence is a little shaken. D'you have a token for me? I mean an assurance. Good morning.

2. Misbah786 profile image85
                  Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

OMG! why it's so hard to say WRYLILT

1. bravewarrior profile image86
                    bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

+1

4. Miebakagh57 profile image69

IAMHANZA, follow Sussan Birch on hubpages. She's Wry Litt. Thanks.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago
  3. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hi Hamza,
    I can see you just joined HP 2 days ago. Are you referring to HubPages?
    If, yes, then please follow Paul's and Bravewarrior's advice
    Wishing you Good luck with your future writings
    Blessings!!

4. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

I google. 'wry lilt on hubpages'. Sure Susannah Birch(wry lilt) comes up. She's a good read.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)