Is The Great Divide Now Solidified In Cement?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15714991.jpg
    Now there will be mandates to get the vaccine... Which Biden claimed on many occasions would not ever happen.  Another very misleading Biden lie.  It would seem to me Biden grasped on to a hammer and is once again pounding at that wedge that thus far is working to divide Americans. It does not disturb me that we hear yet another lie. What disturbs me is  It would appear Biden's only thought with his current mistruth is to further his agenda, which well appears to be an agenda that includes further dividing the American people. . He certainly has been unsuccessful in solving any of the American's problems, so he  chooses to divert our attension to --- "hey look over here these people won't get vaccinated, as you did, so they need to be ostracized,  and punished. Punished severely even if it will also hurt all Americans in the end. Suck it up"...

It's actually hard to keep up with all the divisive ploys of Biden and the Democratic party. Race, Xenophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, those that support police, now vaccines...  It's so clear this kind of Governing is corrosive, divides, and is a breeding ground for hate.   The hate at this point in my view is palpable.  One only needed to have watched a couple of the football games on the last couple of weekends to hear chants of F --- K  Joe Biden. This gave a good picture of what some of our young think in regard to the new administration.  Out of the mouths of babes...    https://fansided.com/2021/09/07/anti-jo … -stadiums/

Any though's on the division we have at this point in the country?

Any thoughts in regard to the divide and concur political ploys of Biden and his administration?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Whats wrong with a divide?
      Bring it on, I say.
      One side is right and one side is wrong. End of story.
      Fight for your side, if you can. if you can't, change sides!

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is not right or wrong.

One side is Right the other Left, depends upon your point of view.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good point.  The right is right and the other is left.  lol

From my perspective and with rare exception: The Right is ALWAYS wrong

2. Credence2 profile image79

"Race, Xenophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, those that support police, now vaccines"
      ---------
      For me and others these issues are not just articifial barriers merely to divide

Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Did I say they were? I can agree they are...  My context clearly indicates it is my opinion all of the above have been used by Biden and the Democratic party to spur on a division by using them as a club.   Using the latest problem  ( which I consider a problem) of the countries low vaccination rate as an opportunity to use it as a tool to divide American citizens. Again this is my opinion, I have watched this form of politicking by Biden and the Democrats have ginned up over the past 5 years.

I take it by your comment you do feel Race, Xenophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, those that support police, now vaccines are all problems.
        Do you also support Biden's complete turnaround on vaccine mandates?

And his vehemently going after the unvaccinated with punishing mandates?

IMO, From the day this man walked into the White House he sought to divide with his words and his actions. He has done a good job, but the weight of the divide has shifted. This is evident in the polls.

It will take a long time to mend the damage Biden has done, but this is America we are resilient.

Many of these issues are so important that a "club" is necessary to keep these problems at bay and in focus. They are far from being insignificant for me.

The issue behind Biden policy is medically induced, why is it seen as political?

For my view, I don't like mandates. If the rightwing oriented people choose to dance with death, let them. I am going to protect myself. This may be an issue where I may well disagree with the President. Smart money says that you vaccinate and wear a mask, regardless, but I can't speak to the inclinations of my neighbors.

The reality is I don't believe that Trump at his highest point in the polls was any more than that of Biden in his trough. Why do think that is, since you seem to rely on the polls in this case?

The issues are important, but to make them political tools to cause division benefits no one. You need action, not a bunch of words. It's very easy to put focus on any situation, but in my view, solving a problem speaks louder, than a bunch of never-kept promises.

"The issue behind Biden policy is medically induced, why is it seen as political?"

Oh yes COVID is clearly a medical problem and has been from its first days. Are you aware of how many times Biden's and many of his mouthpieces over the past few months have made the claim ---  they did not believe in mandates in regard to the COVID vaccines? Let's leave it at many shared that sentiment.  At this point, they see it as a club, a political club to point a finger at fellow American's --- become angry at them, and perhaps maybe even join in and punish them.

I have made it very clear I am pro-vaccine. I am also pro- right to choose in regard to being vaccinated. 

In reality, I try to watch about five different polling outlets. When they all seem to be very closely alike, I tend to give them a bit more weight.

3. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Our ownerd designed for everyone, is to separating everyone into groups. Then getting everyone to conflicts and fight with each other.

Wail they walk away with the power and money.

2. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 2 years ago

As little as I may know in the whole matter, America was the first to install a democratic system -- and many a fine scholar is contending that it's still pretty much in its experimental phase.
    Now, historically, freedom always had a price tag attached to it, and it somehow got ingrained into human nature that they "forever have to fight for it" -- and fighting involves an enemy, whether real or only imagined'
    So, in my modest assessment, American folks just can't stop finding someone who is working against their freedom.
    That's how political, racial, gender, and other "camps" are created, each one blaming the other for "compromising their freedom".
    And, with the Trump-anti-Trump craze still not completely gone, here comes this new one with vaxxers and anti-vaxxers.
    One might even see it as a soap opera national style.
    There will be new ones, and new ones, long after covid is gone. There will never be an end to "crazy Trump's" and "crazy Biden's". People will never feel free for as long as they don't realize how they are not even trying to find a common language, and invent a harmonious political model.
    "Struggle for freedom" just breeds new "struggles for freedom" with no one ever winning-- never "enjoying" that freedom.
    And yet, there are even those who see struggling for it as a synonymous to having it -- as if saying "we are free do disagree".
    Just look what our friend Kathryn said above -- and I certainly have nothing bad to say about it, she is simply making my point clear:
    "What's wrong with the divide?
    Bring it on, I say, .One side is right, and one side is wrong. End of story.
    Fight for your side, if you can, if you can't, change sides."
    I like you, Kathryn, you are a true American gal.

I just so appreciate your common sense Val... And yes Kathryn is a true and maybe one-of-a-kind American gal... Never afraid to say her piece, or give one "what for".

2. Credence2 profile image79

Val, The divide is so great now, I really wonder if harmony between such opposite poles will ever be possible. Times have not been as contentious as this since the Civil War.

What has made the system work, heretofore is that the losing side accepts the loss and strives to try again to be more persuasive in its arguments to gather supporters the next time. We don't do that now, instead, "if my side loses, it has to be fraud". That attitude is simply not acceptable.

The Left had acknowledged that in Electoral contests far closer than the 2020 one. Gore in 2000 and Clinton in 2016. So now, who do you think comprise that "fly in the ointment"?

You're right, although I would have said "if my side loses it has to be because the Russians did it." and the reaction was a massive political play, twice, (both failures) to remove their opponent on legal grounds.

(Although, as I think about it, isn't that the same as you said - fraud was claimed but never proven to amount to anything.)

Yeah, wilderness, compare apples with hand granades. Just how insane is the Rightwinger?

Hillary did not spend months saying that her loss in 2020 was based on fraud. She did not go around the country like Trump alluring his halfwits to something that never got any support from official channels,  and today still does not hold water. She did not lead a bunch of cretin people to attack the national Capitol based on her and her followers unsupported claims.

So, don't go simple on me, you know what I am talking about.

No, Hillary was pretty quiet (probably from shock).  It was the REST of the left screaming about Russian interference and starting two (failed) impeachment efforts to remove their primary opposition.  The DID allure to halfwits that without Russia, Trump would have lost.  They also had a lot of cretins actually believing it, and screaming for impeachment (although to be fair that began even before his inauguration).

The point being, as usual, that it is not just one party or one person rousing the rabble with stupid claims.  Whether you like it or not, whether you agree or not, the left is at least as culpable as the right at such nonsense.

(If the mini-riot at the capital was a hand grenade then the lefts summer of rioting country wide were hydrogen bombs)

"Whether you like it or not, whether you agree or not, the left is at least as culpable as the right at such nonsense."

I don't.....

Well, let's see.  The left is the only party in history to try, twice, to remove a president by the impeachment process, failing both times.

The left is the only party to accuse a sitting president of collusion with a foreign country to fix his election...and they failed at proving that, too.

The left is the only party to instigate a multi-year "investigation" (read "witch hunt"), using the FBI to search for dirt on a president...and find nothing.

The left is the only party to accuse a president of causing an insurrection...failing to prove that, too.

The left is the only party to accuse a president of planning and ordering an insurrection...and failed to prove that, too.

The left is the only party in our history to advocate removal of police protection for their citizens.

The left is the only party in history to actively protect foreigners breaking our laws within our borders.

Do you need more examples?  Or, if you like, I can provide a similar list for the right.

3. wilderness profile image94

"So, in my modest assessment, American folks just can't stop finding someone who is working against their freedom."

You are absolutely right, and for very good reason.  There are always people desiring to control others.  Control how they live, how they think, what they eat, what they drink, who is in the restroom with them, who gets to play on the school sports team...someone, somewhere, is desirous of controlling nearly every facet of our lives.

Americans do seem more sensitive to such intrusion, perhaps because of their more recent history of near total freedom in a young, quickly expanding nation.

3. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 2 years ago

For sake of playing with metaphors for a bit, governments are like parental figures, to secure protection, means of survival, and a bunch of illusions about freedom for us. Every government has a special department which monitors the public mood, and makes sure that enough existential insecurity is maintained, by always providing an imaginary enemy, whether foreign or domestic. Like every smart parent, they have to invent a Boogieman to keep us obedient while expecting them to protect us.

That's important, because an awakened mass is a dangerous mass. And so that the well paid Media always gives us enough negative crap about all murders, arsons, rapes, robberies, and natural disasters -- on top of feeding us with real or fabricated details of the political drama.

When "parents' go nuts in their incessant screwing up passionate interaction (pun not intended), kids are bound to divide over taking side of the one who verbally bribes more.
    And there is no peace in the house.
    We don't really matter except at time of elections. That famed scholar Noam Chomsky said that it doesn't even matter for whom we vote, because there is only one true party in America -- Business Party.

Once elected, they instantly act like autocrats. Would anyone care to remind me what was the last major demonstration that changed anything in government's decision making? Did we stop any wars? Change anything else?
    Are we going to change anything in this new crap with covid? We can turn blue screaming against "Medical  Deity" Anthony Fauci, and that won't affect one bit that eternal smirk on his face.
    They got us AGAIN to fight each other, laughing all the way to the bank.
    Well, maybe the life on this planet would be too boring without all this. I don't know, but -- to be quite honest, I prefer those TV sitcoms to that global one -- at least, the creators are not convincing us that it's all real and involving us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)