Poem: I Can't Stop Writing by Brenda Arledge

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Brenda Arledge has written us a lovely poem. Anything can inspire us and see how a comment on forum post inspired her to write this superb poem. Yes, it is easy to get inspired but only if we want to, I guess.
    Beautiful hub, Bredz. Thanks for sharing.

If you haven't read it yet here's the link to her beautiful article:

Poem: I Can't Stop Writing

Blessings always!!!

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Brenda!
      This is so true and I can relate to this. I can’t imagine myself, not writing. Something or the other is always going on in my mind, which I want to write about. No doubt, the recent changes at HP demotivated most of us. But, it seems the writers aren’t going to stop, and they will keep writing.
      Thank you for sharing this.
      Thank you Misbah, for sharing Brenda’s poem.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Chitrangada
        Yes...you definitely get it.
        Welcome to the club.

There are a few of us who have been bitten by the creative bug.

Our thoughts swirl....Non-stop.

HP will not deter are writing...we will find new ways.

I do wish Hubpages would showcase our words though, instead of the ads.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Misbah
      Thank you so much for your kind words & for posting this one.
      Yes, it's easy to get inspired....if your muse is in the mood.

Sorry for the delay, but you know how it is....
      Take care.

Bredz

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh! It's okay, no need to worry! I understand how it is. smile
        Stay blessed and happy! smile
        Love & Hugs!!!

I'm having good moments & bad moments.
          Gotta get it figured out, but for now...I'm in & out.

Love ya

Best wishes!!!
            Stay blessed! smile

Thank you gal!

I'll think of those words while I'm not feeling good...bound to keep me going.

smile

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Thanks Misbah
      Yes...almost anything can inspire me if I have the time.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Misbah
      I really can't stop writing....I try to take a break, but those words just pop into my head.

2. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

The seems like such an appropriate poem for our new reality on Hubpages, Brenda. I agree that we can get inspired in many ways, and I will probably keep writing.

Thanks for posting Brenda's article, Misbah. Blessings and love to my good friends.

1. surovi99 profile image82
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Brenda for such an impromptu lovely poem. I guess that is the way most writers feel. I am still having a good time writing although I may not continue it lifelong. I have other dreams to pursue. Thank you so much for expressing your feelings about writing and thanks to Misbah for sharing this post.

Rosina
        Thank you.
        We all have other goals in life.
        Writing will be with me right along side of my other goals, because I don't think my thoughts will ever go away.

I'm glad you have a good time writing and I look forward to reading more of your words.

Take care

Pamela
      I hope you continue to write for I believe you still have alot of words to speak.
      Inspiration hits us all in a different way.
      Sending you blessings for a nice day.

Pamela
      You got that right...our new reality.

3. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Brenda, just think of the many people you have inspired to keep writing with your word prompts!  Your latest piece gives us an insight into what is your inspiration.  Thanks, Misbah, for bringing attention to her post.

Peggy
      Thank you kindly.
      I appreciate your sweet words about the series for the word prompts.
      I'm happy to hear you believe I have helped others.

As for my inspiration...it finds many ways to get jumpstarted.

Have a wonderful day & thanks for posting forums.

Peggy
      That is so sweet.

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

A wonderful and heartfelt poem expressing why writers "have to" write. I can totally relate, unfortunately, many people, who aren't creative writers, just can't understand. Good work, Brenda, and thank you for sharing this, Misbah.

John
      Thank you.
      I get the sense your creative juices are never too far away.  That your muse can go into gear at a moments notice.
      That's us...the writer's.
      The ones that Creativity has a firm grip upon.

Others clearly do not understand and no amount of words will ever make them get it.

John
      It's sad they can't understand...but they don't.

I hate it when others say something about me writing all the time...I mean, it's part of me & it's my life.

Doubt that will disappear

5. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

This poem is so heartfelt and real Brenda. I can relate to it. This is what we do at Hubpages, keep writing and it does keep us connected with our friends, comments or no comments.

Thanks Vidya
      It's like the air we breathe.  We need those words that rattle from our thoughts to a poem or story.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

I can relate to this poem although I seldom write on HP anymore. More often on my journal.

Thank you for sharing the poem.

Thelma
      Thanks for reading this one.

I'm glad you are at least still writing, but we can't see your words in your journal.

But writer's....we always keep jotting down notes.

Take care.

7. profile image0
    successfullposted 2 years ago

very nice indeed

Joan
      Thank you so much.

I'm glad to hear you like this one.

Thank you...I can't stop.
      Even when my eyes want to go to sleep. .words circle inside.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)