Amazon Pending Four Days Straight

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 2 years ago

Anyone else experiencing "pending" on Amazon Revenues?

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes. My Amazon earnings show pending status from 12/14 thru 12/17.

Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Same here. I just wish HP had it together.

2. Amara Hassan profile image87
      Amara Hassanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I recently signed up for Amazon, and added some books and products related to mountaineering, in some of my mountaineering articles, but staff snipped my articles, and removed all products. I still cant figure out how can I earn through Amazon here! lolz..
      Any suggestion Kenna?

When I add Amazon links, I write the link in to flow like I am not trying to sell the product. I write about my personal experience and how I benefited from the product.

That's exactly what's recommended by HP. If we don't have personal experience with a product, we shouldn't be promoting it.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Mountaineering books in an article about mountaineering are certainly pertinent to the article.

But have you used them and found them useful?  And why are you telling readers to buy them - did you not provide sufficient information in your article?  Was it just a tease to buy the book?

At least I think that is the philosophy behind the HP response.  Had you talked about tents, given recommendations and a link to one you have used and particularly liked, it would probably have been left in.  Had you discussed a particularly hard to find tool that you have used and liked, and given a link, it would probably remain.

The key is to discuss the product, indicating why you like it and only then link to Amazon.  If the product is off-beat, hard to find, or different than anything else all the better.

As an example, I wrote an article on how to change the battery in a specific car (unusual car, unusual project).  I talked of the battery - it was only available from the manufacturer (at double the price) and Amazon.  Only two brands are available anywhere, and auto parts stores do not carry them.  A link has produced several sales per week for several years now and HP has not complained.

Hope that helps.

A good example, Wilderness. I have a racquetball article that sells starter kits because the article is about teaching kids how to play the sport. I have experience with these kits, which offer everything you need to play your first game. The kits are more expensive at sporting stores than at Amazon.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
          PaulGoodman67posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness is generally a wise voice on here and I believe him to be correct in this case.

It's tempting to, say, write an article on Switzerland and add links to books on Switzerland. But HP want something much more specific nowadays.

If you add an Amazon link, you need to add personal experiences, it needs to be more than relevant, it needs to be integral. It's actually not a bad idea to write the entire article around the link(s). You should at least write a section that integrates the link.

It wasn't always like that. But nowadays, anything that could be seen as not fully integral gets snipped in my experience.

If you're writing about stretches, take stretches from a book. Talk about the author. Talk about how often you refer to the stretching book.

If I am writing about caring for an indoor plant, I mention the fertilizer I use and why with a link.

2. Amara Hassan profile image87

Thank you Paul for your advice. Its really helpful. I will definitely do the same.

3. Amara Hassan profile image87

Thank you Wilderness, thats really helpful. :-)

3. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the delay! This issue has been resolved and your Amazon Earnings have been updated.

Thanks, Matt! It's nice to see some earnings, too.

PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

My expectation is that everybody is pending. I certainly am.

It appears to be that way. I don't get it. What is the difference between tracking/reporting both?

3. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

I see it too. It is probably no big thing, but then again the last time there was an Amazon delay around this time of year I ended up losing thousands in annual income.

This is one of those cases where a few well-placed words from staff can put the community at ease.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96

Yes, that was appalling. Confused situation for weeks, then Amazon income slashed in half. That must have impacted HP earnings as well as us writers.

Hopefully, it's nothing like that. My non-HP Amazon earnings are being reported normally on a daily basis, so it's presumably an HP techno issue?

My non-HP is reporting, too.

Yep. Ad program earnings are current.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image91

I agree. Few placed words will help so much.

4. Carb Diva profile image97
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

Me too.

5. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

This pending issue has happened before. It’s usually due to a delay with Amazon sending the final data to HubPages. But my activity report (set the filter to see that)  shows unshipped sales, so I’m not worried.

Amazon sales account for roughly half my earnings, so it would be terrible if it disappeared. I don’t think HubPages would allow that though, since they make decent income from our sales.

I agree. HubPages would not discontinue Amazon.

Unfortunately, I don't think HP get to "allow" or not allow Amazon anything, Glenn. Amazon are by far the bigger player and need HP far less than the other way around.

I think HP thought they had a deal with Amazon regarding commission rates, but it didn't stop Amazon halving them.

It's a similar thing with Google. They are way too big to worry too much about HP.

HP keeps its relationship with Amazon and Google, because it basically has to to survive, but it's one of ever-diminishing influence and returns. That's the problem.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good points, Paul. I have to agree with your logic. All the reason to avoid full dependence on ad revenue. Hence—Medium.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96

Yes, the weakness of HP is that its business plan relies on fair treatment by Amazon and Google.

The weakness of Medium is perhaps that it seems erratic. The owner seems to be constantly trying new approaches. I'm never sure where the site is going or what changes are going to be announced from month to month.

And that Medium writing challenge was just plain weird. The winners seemed to parachute in, write stuff that was unlike articles that normally appear on the site, then, in many cases, they didn't write anything else and just disappeared again after pocketing thousands.

What the heck was it all about? The strangest thing ever!

I think I'm going to keep writing for HP and Medium, but put more effort into non-writing earning stuff. I earn a trickle from merch designs, but maybe I could boost that, now that I have some idea what I'm doing...

It's a difficult balancing act. Don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. But don't want to spread myself too thinly, or throw time into things with low rewards.

But I'm certainly thinking about it all.

Paul/Glen,

You both offer some excellent points.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

I feel the same way about Medium as you do, Paul. I have conflicting views about both platforms. HubPages is great with attracting Google traffic and we earn from that. Medium attracts Google traffic too, but we only earn from paid subscribers. So, that's why I feel conflicted.

The thing that keeps me interested in Medium is the fact that there are no ads, and HubPages/Arena Group is messing up too much with ads that turn readers away, in my opinion.

That's why I need to keep my eggs in both baskets. But I'm losing hope for Medium as time goes by, for the reasons you mentioned, and also due to the ongoing problems with their server, Such as the numerous 500 Internal Server Errors and slow page load speed.

1. theraggededge profile image97
              theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Medium working well for me. Increasing income daily and now level-pegging with HP. Although, of course, I have to write for Medium much more frequently. I've also got a few paid referrals, which helps my motivation, if not my income (much).

Adsense also coming through my website, higher than usual. I might get back up to 2018 levels (4 figs) at this rate big_smile

Yes, I discovered the same thing about the need to write frequently on Medium. That's one thing that makes HubPages better, since organic traffic builds up over time for each individual article. It looks like both platforms have good and bad issues. None have it all.

For me, Medium's fun because you can write opinion pieces, rants, pretty much anything that stirs emotions. HP material generally has to be fairly dry in its tone and presentation.

I think that the Medium techno problems are partly to do with all the changes of direction. The techno team are always playing catch-up with the ever-changing vision.

My earnings at Medium have plateaued. I still earn way more from HP and don't see that changing much anytime soon.

My earnings are better on HubPages too. That's mainly because we continue to earn from old articles with organic traffic, while Medium requires constant writing of new content to keep the old stuff alive.

6. poppyr profile image94
    poppyrposted 2 years ago

The few days before Christmas is the worst time for this to happen as well.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

Amazon earnings now updated and no longer pending.

Yah!

8. Glenis Rix profile image93
    Glenis Rixposted 2 years ago

The sale of three gift vouchers with a total value of 162 dollars has recorded on my Amazon sales account - but no sales commission has been earned

1. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

0% commission on gift cards according to this unfortunately.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he … 8U84RAYDXZ

2. Kenna McHugh profile image91

The purchased vouchers or bought items with vouchers?

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image96

Yeah, they show gift cards in sales even though you get no commission earnings. It's cruel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)