Poem: Covid, Bid Us Farewell ~ by Brenda Arledge

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Please take some time to read this very beautiful and thought provoking poem by Brenda.

Here's the link: https://hubpages.com/literature/Poem-Co … s-Farewell

Bredz, I believe there is always something good in a bad situation. Staying optimistic is one of the most important keys to living a successful and happy life. Covid is both good and bad. I believe, It has also instilled compassion all around the world.

"Even in a bad situation, there's always a positive side. Even if you can't see it yet."
    ~ Susane Colasanti, Take Me There

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah
      Thank you for sharing this piece and for your kind words.

As much as I hate Covid, it has brought out the compassion in people.

There is always good & bad in each situation we face.

I'm still ready for it to dissapear.

Love
      Bredz

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Like the poem.Bredz

Let's love covid to death.

Castlepaloma
          That sounds good to me!

Together we can do anything.

Have a great day.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well expressed Brenda!
      You express on behalf of everyone. We are just waiting, and waiting patiently for this pandemic to be over. This pandemic has tested our patience, like never before. But, as you say, we should see the positives in adverse situations.
      Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem.
      Thank you to Misbah for sharing this in the forum.

Chitrangada
        Thank you.  I'm glad you enjoyed the message in this one.

I think we are all tired of Covid & would gladly hold the door wide open so it could leave.
        (If we could only see it)

It's hard to see the positive in any bad situation, but this one has brought out the compassion in others.

Have a great day.

3. vidsagster profile image86
      vidsagsterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful poem Brenda. Yes covid has taught us valuable lessons of compassion and interconnectedness. It is time it left us for good. We are so sick of its hide, lurk, mutate and attack tactics. We so want our normal life back. Loved the videos too. Thanks Misbah for sharing.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80

One day we might get close to normal, but for now...
      It really helps to know my Hubber friends are around.
      Take care of yourself girl.

2. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 2 years ago

Brenda, you are the Poet Laureate of HP, a writing machine.  Well done, as always!  Misbah, thank you for sharing.

Bill
      Thank you. 
      I'm honored by your words.

Take care.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Bill
      I've just spent hours trying to figure out grant programs for creative writing...
      I guess a Writer's mind doesn't like it much.
      It's just as difficult as dealing with covid...it makes no sense

3. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is a terrific poem about Covid, Brenda. Bill's comments are spot on.

Thanks for posting Brenda's poem Misbah.

Thanks so much Pamela.
      I appreciate your kind words.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Brenda, this is a poem we are all feeling. We want our old lives back, and hopefully that will happen one day, but we just have to try to live with this situation. Haha interesting to imagine what the cats and dogs think of it. The videos are great.
    They say everything happens for a reason and God has a plan. Hopefully it was to try to bring the people of the world closer and more compassionate for each other. Though here at the moment there seems to be a divide between the vaccinated and unvaxed and it is destroying some friendships. I guess it sorts out the real friends though.
    Thank you for sharing this, Misbah.

John
      Thank you.
      I'm glad you enjoyed those videos.
      I thought it might be cute to see how our pets view this situation.

I honestly doubt if our lives will ever go back to the way they were, but hopefully we will keep the compassionate part.

There is alot of dispute between the unvaccinated & vaccinated here too.

A local pharmacist was just arrested last month for selling Fake Vaccination cards.  He's lost his livelihood now because he sold to an undercover agent.

Most of us try to just take care of our own family & hope for the best.
      But this little town I live in has people who carry compassion in their hearts even when we don't see eye to eye.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading this one.

1. surovi99 profile image83
        surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is wonderful poetry about wanting Covid-19 to disapper. We all want it vanished out of world and yet, we still have to face it. It's true in the face of the deadly virus, we have become more compassionate for one another. I loved your poetry along with the insightful quotes. Thank you for an intriguing real-life and pragmatic article, Brenda.

Thank you Misbah for sharing Brenda's post.

Rosina
          Thank you so much.

I'm delighted to hear you agree with this poem.  We have become more compassionate & alot of people are reaching out to one another.

Those first lines just spoke to me...I'm so tired of worrying about it each day.

Especially this morning when it's 9°F (-12) at 9:00 am in the morning.

Take care.

5. profile image0
    hubber8893posted 2 years ago

I'm really pleased to see this wonderful text from Brenda. Brenda, like all of us, we sincerely hope that COVID-19 comes to an end and that this wish to bless the world comes true at the earliest possible time. Thanks to Misbah for always bringing together useful, delightful and knowledgeable pieces of text via forums.

Sourav
      Thank you very much.

It can't come soon enough for me.  It's like a day late or a dollar short.  I'm tired of it.

Misbah is wonderful.   She reads and post with lots of compassion.

Thanks again

6. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Your poem is spot on!  I think that everyone is eagerly awaiting the end of Covid.  Those videos of the dogs and cats were so cute.  I can well imagine all the dogs are very happy their people are home more!  I personally think that the cats are happy too.  After all, they have people on hand to do their bidding.  Ha!  Thanks Misbah for sharing Brenda's work.

Peggy
      I think you're right.  Those kittys are happier, but I definitely can sense that part about me taking their chair.
      They have their favorite places.

Thanks for reading & I'm glad this one relates to most of us.

7. Eurofile profile image96
    Eurofileposted 2 years ago

Thanks for posting this, Misbah. Beenda sums up the situation well. I sent her an email, I was so impressed with her writing.

Liz...
      Thank you so much!  I did receive your email.

It's these comments that help keep us going.  I wish Hubpages understood that fact.

Anyways...Thank You.

8. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Me and my vivid imagination can hear those kitty cats & doggies talking to us...they have some valid points

9. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

I don't think Covid-19 is going away, but we can Hope

Yes, 20% less booster shot since the last jab. Most highest vaccinated countries have surveyed that most people will not be getting the fourth booster in the spring. Although the overlords are not done with us yet, wait for the surprise. Still I'm an optimist in many other ways.

So far, here in the United States it's only been the two shots & one booster recommended.

US public is controling it better than we are.
          Non vaxxers are disease criminals everywhere we go, that's important.

We have alot if unvaccinated here too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)