Fair/Unfair Elections

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image75
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

Many suspect our last election might have been rigged. Was this possibility due to the pandemic and the complications it caused? Will our next election be more fair, since, most likely, the pandemic will be over? Will mail-in ballots be allowed as freely as they were? Can we prevent unfair elections in the future, knowing what we know, now?

According to a new movie called "Rigged," Mark Zuckerberg played a part in the stealing of votes. Is there a way to prove this election was rigged and if so, could Trump be declared President and take office?

Wondering

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image60
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

There is not one shred of evidence from any agency or any court that has examined the idea of tampering or fraud. This is just another wild conspiracy theory.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Which agency checked that every ballot was actually filled out and signed by a legal voter in those states with mass mailings?

All I've seen is that they assume each one was legal and that every mail in voter was legal.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Kathryn, It is true that there are  American citizens that do believe the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent. Was it?  Thus far it has not been proven that fraud took place. In regard to the pandemic, some voting laws were changed a bit to accommodate voters due to the problems the pandemic was causing. Some states thus far have removed some of the special voting accommodations and returned or in some cases changed their voting laws, keeping some of the laws that seem to make it easier for voters For example yes, many states did not use drop boxes that have decided to keep that option for voters and expand hours to when one can vote.

It would be very hard to stop voter fraud altogether. Voter fraud has always been around.'

I have not watched Rigged, so unable to comment.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Most of the anti-election dissension came from the followers of QANON who has now been banned from most social websites.  It is known that the information Q is spouting is coming from Russian propaganda.  Please inform us, if you can, why Mark Zuckerberg would get involved in trying to defeat a man that every sensible person knew would be defeated?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-russi … o-fox-news

And to answer your question, if there were any way for the election to be overturned, it would have already happened.

2. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

"According to a new movie called "Rigged," Mark Zuckerberg played a part in the stealing of votes. Is there a way to prove this election was rigged and if so, could Trump be declared President and take office?"

Nope, sorry, that amounts to a mere exercise in futility.

In other words, no proof, no soap.

I agree.  Trump will never be declared winner in the last election.  There will be no proof because 1) IMO there was insufficient fraud to change the results and 2) We will never check the things that needed tested to find proof if there was sufficient fraud.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, you acknowledge the fact of insufficient evidence of fraud to change the outcome.Trump must know by now the futility of his continuing to harp on this theme. What's the point?

How can any of this be seen in a positive light by his supporters?

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

How can justice not prevail?

"Did you notice when Trump tries to sue the States that commited fraud NONE of the Judges in ANY of the courts inclueding the SCOTUS allowed the Lawyers for Trump to present their evidence against the States that were being sued. After the lawyers on each side had their opening arguements, the judges in each case decided without allowing evidences to be presented that the suit had no standing." KC Mc Gee

How corrupt is the judicial system at this point.
          without it, I shudder to think about th e  f u t  u   r  e.

?????????????????

? trying to create pretty wall paper?

You did not finish your point when I replied.

How many failed civil suits and court cases do you have to experience before you realize that you have no standing? Even Trumps rightwing tribunal Supreme Court would not bother.

From your perspective, any Government related entity or Government agency that denies Trump must be corrupt. That is at the very height of illogic and arrogance.

I was taking KCMcGee seriously:
                  "After the lawyers on each side had their opening arguements, the judges in each case decided without allowing evidences to be presented that the suit had no standing." KC Mc Gee

Is he lying?

1. profile image68
                    KC McGeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No, I am not lying.

I don't call any one a liar in this forum, but I can say that he or she has been lied to, however....

I have a better chance of winning the powerball rather than believe that Trump ever tells the truth....

3. profile image68

There were over 50 court cases in which Trump tried to sue regarding the election. The ALL stated the suit had Mo Standing.

That's over 50. None of them agreed to hear the evidence. NONE

And worst of all, the SCOTUS normally give a reason for their decisions. In this one case they give no reason at all.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Have you noticed that the justice system is corrupt only when it goes against the Republicans?

Darn tootin, Ms. B . How is it you think that these people continue to get under my skin with their bald face hypocrisy and double standards? And, yes, Trump is still the big baby balloon floating over London and the Republicans are still in the Romper Room.

It is all I can do to try and keep a straight face.... Nice to see you again!!

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Thanks, Credence. HP has made it really hard for a busy person to keep up with all the stuff going on. Wonder why?

2. Sharlee01 profile image84
          Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Trump must know by now the futility of his continuing to harp on this theme. What's the point?"

Could he be politicking to his base? Could he truely believe there was voter fraud?  In my view not many that support him really care one way or the other if he is politicking or really believes there was voter fraud.

They simply liked his America first agenda and felt they were much better off when he was in the White House. Many just felt he did a good job.

I actually have very little doubt that Donald Trump does truly believe there was massive fraud in the 2020 election - far more than was necessary to sway the election to Biden when it should have gone to him.

Doesn't mean, of course, that he is right or that I agree with him.

Why would his base listen to that, you have told me that you knew better?

Wouldn't it make you nervous that someone can continue to promote a baseless lie, as not stoking the fires of resentment among those that follow you has to be the mark of a leader? Why doesnt he frame his rallies around why he believes that he could do a better job?

3. profile image68
    KC McGeeposted 2 years ago

The last election was rigged, there was a lot of cheating and fraud commited by the Democrate party. Did you notice when Trump tries to sue the States that commited fraud NONE of the Judges in ANY of the courts inclueding the SCOTUS allowed the Lawyers for Trump to present their evidence against the States that were being sued. After the lawyers on each side had their opening arguements, the judges in each case decided without allowing evidences to be presented that the suit had no standing.

What kind of BS is that.

I call it rigged cheating and fraud even by the courts.

I think you should take a closer look at all of those decisions and the majority of judges that heard those cases were Trump appointees actually. It appears that their judgments follow the rule of law. Why would you expect anything different? And are you really proposing the idea that All of these people somehow orchestrated a 7 million popular  vote difference?  Mr Trump only won 232 of the electoral votes. That's more than a little far-fetched.

1. profile image68

Yeah, and there are Republicans out there who hate Trump's guts. They're worthless RINO's. So what's your point.

And there were people working in the White House sticking a knife in Trmp's back while he was president. So what's your point.

Ah, yes. Very well laid out argument. Forgot about the power of the backstabbers and rinos.  Kudos.

You mean the same kind of "rigged cheating" that sent the election of 2000 to the Supreme Court that decided in favor of Bush. The same kind of "rigged cheating" that put Trump in the White House? People do get upset when the shoe is on the other foot.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image75

"... well, it would be too upsetting to the nation."

It's better to just keep the steamboat chugging on down the river. ... one of these days we will be forced to stop adding fuel to the steamboat's fire. Someday, it will be time to stop the ship. Yes, we will have a hard time for a while, but then things will improve and we can get back on-board.
    It's no big deal. We just have to go through it.
    Guess not yet, though. However, the longer we wait, the worse it gets.
    Whoever wins in 2024 will have a big job on their hands.

1. profile image68

Have you notice when Democrats say the election fraud was Debuked. but they NEVER tell you who debuked it or what evidence was provided by whoever debuked it. NO, just "election fraud was debuked with no evidence to show it. Yet the courts refuse to hear the evidence of mass election fraud.

Here's my question , who exactly "debuked" the election fraud? I have yet to be told by anyone. No one seems to know. Hummmm.

Good Lord, you don't have to look far on the internet to find out who debunked it. Do you need me to list every decision by every judge in every state that Mr Trump brought a case?  And Attorney General Bill Barr along with Christopher Krebs director of the Homeland Security Department's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency under The Trump administration declared as the most secure election in history?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image75

It looks like we need to figure out a way to guarantee fair elections.
        How could it be done?

I would say go back to non-computer voting.
        Absentee ballots cannot be used unless a person is really going to be absent.

I would like a guarantee that my vote will count.

I would also like a guarantee that my vote will not be cancelled by someone who sneaks in to vote with false documentation, etc. who is not a citizen.

What happened to checking driver's licenses? the old voting booths?
        ... where you punch out holes with a stylus connected to a chain.
        Probably in a rusting heap somewhere.

Time to move to some cool island. cool

I guess it is only a "fair election" when only the candidate of your choice wins? It is interesting how Rightwingers regurgitate things solely for their own convenience?

Sounds like pretty elementary stuff to me.

I kind of agree with you on this one, Kathryn. It's kind of difficult to hack a manual voting machine, but I do remember the "hanging chads" that put Bush in office. I have no objection to showing an ID. The precinct where Larry and I vote requires that we show our drivers licenses or other government photo ID. By the way, because of covid and our age, we voted absentee in the last election. Our ballots were held as provisional until the election officials checked to see that we were legally registered citizen voters. We were notified by mail after our votes were certified that they were counted as legal votes. What is the problem here? I live in Arkansas, a perennial Red state but we did not vote for Trump and his minions, but I feel that we were treated fairly. Do other states not check absentee ballots so thoroughly?

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

"Debuked"? How can your question have credibility when you don't know the proper terminology? lol

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image75

Too many will get thrown off and drown, I guess.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image75

I think I will just go away and live with my new philosophy:

Don't rock the boat.
    Whatever.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)