Paypal is linked to AdSense, Yet I'm Never Paid

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. BaizBlogger profile image72
    BaizBloggerposted 9 years ago

I'm getting tired of seeing that I've earned a little money (okay, very little money) every month, being told that I do have an Adsense account AND my Hubpages posts are linked to Paypal, yet I don't get any deposits.

I thought for sure I'd find an answer to this issue in the forums, but I haven't spotted it. If that's the case, I am preemptively embarrassed.  Again, I have a Hubpages blog, I have an Adsense Account, I have a Paypal account AND the Hubpages settings says it's linked, yet I have NO deposits. Ever.

Why is this?

THANK YOU.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your Paypal account isn't linked to your Adsense account.  They are separate.   For the HP Earnings program, you're paid via Paypal.  For Adsense, you're paid via whatever method you set up with Adsense (assuming you received your PIN and entered it on your Adsense account).   

As others have said, you're not paid monthly - you have to reach minimum thresholds.

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Having just 16 Hubs written in two years, you don't have much of an earnings base.  Nine of those Hubs haven't been updated in the last 18 months, so chance are Google is sending traffic to something it feels has been updated.  If earnings are your goal here, it's going to take more work to get them.

BaizBloggerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good point...this is not really an earnings stream for me; it's just fun, and it's a tad frustrating, having seen earnings listed months ago, and then to see zero earnings for months and months. I was still getting hits and clicks, but my account must have gone dormant or something, and because I'm super-busy, I didn't really care enough to complain.

Now that I understand I'll have to get $100 in earnings to merit payment via Paypal, it makes sense--as long as, suddenly, I don't find out I'm getting zeroed out again.

After I close my bricks & mortar store at Christmas, I'll have more time to play around with HubPages, etc. I wanted to get my ducks in a row before then. Thanks for all the helpful answers!

Just to repeat my earlier reply - do you understand that Adsense and Paypal are completely separate?

It's Adsense that has a $100 minimum payout threshold.  If you're signed up for the HP Earnings Program (which you should be), you will earn little or nothing from Adsense, because the HP Ads are shown instead.

The HP Earnings Program pays via Paypal and the minimum payout for that is $50.   That account can't go dormant - it will go on earning as long as you have Featured Hubs.

Your Adsense account can go dormant, if you didn't get your PIN number by snail mail and enter it on your account.  If you didn't, then you'll have to request a new PIN.

2. AngelaRM profile image82
    AngelaRMposted 9 years ago

Did you earn less than $50? If so, you won't get paid until you earn $50 or more according to the forums.

3. lady rain profile image93
    lady rainposted 9 years ago

The payout threshold for Google AdSense account is $100. Google will deposit the amount when your adsense earnings exceeds $100.

Hubpages will pay you when you have reached $50 through the hubpages earning program.

4. MarieLB profile image75
    MarieLBposted 9 years ago

Aha. . .I am still not in the position of earning money through my writing, so I cannot help you, but I would like to say that you deserve congratulating if you know you have earned money.  One suggestion - maybe the payments are made, say once a month?

5. br1wfh profile image71
    br1wfhposted 9 years ago

It states in the fine print  a minimum of 50.00 must be made before payment is made.  If your earning report shows more than I don't know

6. bernard.sinai profile image77
    bernard.sinaiposted 9 years ago

I have the same issue despite reaching more than the minimum $50 threshold.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HubPages pays on the 28th of each month. If you reached $50 by July 31, you will get paid August 28. If it was after July 31, then September 28.

BaizBloggerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah ha...Hubpages plays the float...

7. Mom In Gods Hands profile image72
    Mom In Gods Handsposted 9 years ago

I had given up on HubPages because I was only earning a few cents per month.  Out of the blue, I checked my paypal account and had $70+ in it, this Monday, from HubPages.  I logged into my account for the first time in 6 months, to discover that my articles were suddenly getting bigger hits.

As soon as I discovered this, I got back to cracking on my writing.  My advice would be to keep writing! The more you write and follow HubPages suggestions for making your article(s) promotional, the more attention you will draw and the more money you will earn.

I am still not earning a TON of money.  So far, this month I've earned $11.  But I have noticed that the more I write, the more than number increases even if by just a little.

Be patient.  The payout will take a month, if not more, to transfer to your paypal account.  It mainly depends on how quickly you are earning up to $50.

1. MarieLB profile image75
      MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great news.  Congrats. . .

8. lovebuglena profile image84
    lovebuglenaposted 9 years ago

You have to earn a minimum of $50 before HubPages can pay you! If you haven't reached $50 yet that is why you are not getting paid.

9. firstday profile image61
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

Marissa,

Wow this is the first time I have heard about a pin number by snail mail.  I thought we did everything online if we already had a paypal acct and ad sense.  Thanks for sharing.  So do we request the original pin number or they mail that one automatically.

Firstday, the PIN number is for Adsense.   Once you've got a certain amount in your Adsense account, they will send you a PIN number (to your street address).  You must enter that PIN into your Adsense account, or it will stop earning.

The reason is simple - to make sure you're a real person.   

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/157667?hl=en

1. Olealea profile image73
        Olealeaposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Do i have to enter the pin once or ever time i made an earnings

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This thread is out of date. HubPages doesn't use Adsense anymore.

1. Olealea profile image73
            Olealeaposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Oh wow thank you Ma'am

10. BaizBlogger profile image72
    BaizBloggerposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the thoughtful replies from the members of the HubPages community. I'm a 'lurker' and I'm pleasantly surprised that vested participants took the time to help me.

Since I re-activated my earnings in early July, I'm showing earnings of just over $42; that means that when I reach the minimum threshold for AdSense, they should contact me with my pin.

I remembered during this fracas that, when I received a pin years ago, I could never finish signing up--there was a problem that kept telling me I was on a 'mobile device' even when I was on my office or home PC. Hopefully THAT won't happen again.

Once I prove to Google that I am a person-slash-corporation (sorry for the political dig), I will enter the maze and hopefully THIS TIME I will find the cheese. It's not a big slice of cheese, but like I said, I do this for fun, and it's just frustrating to see pin money (sic) go 'poof.' I managed to upgrade my AdSense analytics this evening on my own. Progress.

1. MarieLB profile image75
      MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi BaizBlogger,

I agree that it is great that some people take the trouble to help others.  It is fantastic, and this is where I think of Karma.  Let us hope that good Karma will dog their footsteps.

I have no wisdom to impart here, but I had to say thanks for your explanation.  I felt  the same kind of frustration that I have to go through at times.  It is not the first time that one of these automated systems - more and more of them around - give you the runaround, and then when you write, some sweet little thing will advise you to go to FAQ etc.. . . .

One either pulls one's hair out, or one pours one's self a good stiff drink . . . .!!

Cheers, , , , ,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)