Are You Happy With Your Present Life? If Not, What Would it Take For You to Feel

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 12 years ago

Are You Happy With Your Present Life? If Not, What Would it Take For You to Feel Happy and Content?

2. drantolic profile image39
    drantolicposted 12 years ago

Life is wonderful. I may not have a steady job but God gives us all that we need.

3. kellysgirl profile image60
    kellysgirlposted 12 years ago

Happiness is a choice; a conscious choice. When we give the things around us, including people, authority over our choice to be happy, then we've given up the one fundamental right that defines who we are as individuals; our free will.

I make it my business to claim happiness. Everyday may not be a parade, but in this life we can only learn and grown from those things that knock us down and force us to answer the question, "what kind of person will I be today?"

If we are not happy and content with who we are at this very moment, it begs the question, will we ever be happy with anything else.

4. jennshealthstore profile image79
    jennshealthstoreposted 12 years ago

I agree with the comments above. If we did not go through trials, disappointments and set back then we would never even know what the true meaning of happiness was anyway! When things are bad, remember they will get better!

5. profile image0
    Billie Paglioloposted 12 years ago

It's wonderful to say that you are content or happy no matter what the circumstance and it probably is a wise and self-less way of living.  At this stage in my life, however, I can't say that.  It would take money, yes I said it - MONEY to make me feel truly content and happy - money so that I didn't have to consider going back, at 67 when my bones ache and my face looks like Mt. Rushmore, to work in a field that consumes a person, i.e. teaching. It would take money so my husband could retire and not travel 2 hours EACH way on the train for the job he needed to take after being laid off in 2007.  It would take money for my small software business to make a profit at least one year, or to get the children's ebook I wrote, in print form.  It would take money to get that little ebook in interactive form for the iphone and mobile devices.  It would take money to continue with dental work I need and money to not have that pit-in-the-stomach feeling when we have .42 cents in the bank at the end of the month.  It would take money to make me feel happy so I could help our adult children who also are living from paycheck to paycheck. I'd feel content if for once, I could buy one of those really nice perfumes that women buy at Macy's.  I would feel happy if all my clothes didn't come from Goodwill and if I could splurge and get some edging for my little garden on my patio.  Most of all, I would feel happy and content if I could have enough money to send to a 40 year old quadraplegic former student of mine who was shot when he was 17 in a drive-by shooting and who calls me from MN when he's depressed because he can't get to the refrigerator at night when his Personal Care Attendants are gone.  I'd feel happy if I had money to pay for him to fly to California and if could take him to sit on the beach in the sun, away from the cold. I'd be ecstatic if I could buy him a little condo here so he could open the door and be outside.  So no, I'm not happy and content. I'm frustrated with the lack of money that prevents me from obtaining my dreams and reaching my true potential.   And yes, money would be the factor that would make me happier and much more content. When I see the news of the death of Marie Colvin, war time journalist who died in Syria today, a person who has reported the atrocities of war to us so we can be moved to intervene, do I feel ashamed to write this?  I do. But there it is - you asked, I answered.

6. profile image53
    kmacajouxposted 12 years ago

No I am currently not happy with my life. Maybe if I had a job or had the money to go to college. Its very hard find to anything in this city without a job I just life could be a little bit easier.

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 12 years ago

This is a realy pearsonal qushtion as of right now I feel I have come along way from were I use to be I wouldnt change a thing in my past because it made me who I am today. Would I like to be more succesfull sure I would who wouldnt but I have experinced alot of pain and growth and for that Im thankfull!

8. profile image0
    kiasumamaposted 12 years ago

With Lord, you found your contentment and happiness.

9. maddlycreative profile image58
    maddlycreativeposted 12 years ago

I'm learning a lot about happiness this year. I guess I had to be taken all the way down to the bottom to really appreciate things I had and things I didn't see. Now I realize how much I really do have and that makes me happy. And I also realize the part I played/play in creating my own happiness. I can choose to curse and cry over the things I wish I had or I can put all that energy into doing something productive, which makes me happy, and while I'm doing that, enjoy the things that do come along. For me, I realized embracing change is important. Also, that an effort or will is required to focus myself where I can be productive. Not saying I always succeed but in the moments when I want that happiness again, I set my feet and mind toward the places where I know I'll find the stuff I need and the tools to work with to keep me going ... a little longer next time, and then each time ahead. Guess it's a matter of perspective too. I know the things I need will come, because they always have in the past. And though it's really easy to get caught up in the things that are frustrating and missing, if I want more of those happy moments, I have to keep thinking of them and how they make me feel. I'm learning. And that makes me happy. Great question. Thanks (and blessings, BTW).  smile

10. Mmargie1966 profile image84
    Mmargie1966posted 12 years ago

Happiness comes from within.  Have you ever heard the saying, "God don't make no junk"?  Well we are all unique, wonderful creatures.  As soon as one believes that they are special, the journey to true joy begins.

Love given and received is another way to true happiness.  Love for another human or even a pet can add to your well being.  That is actually a proven scientific fact.

A healthy lifestyle is essential for the endorphin release in the human brain.  That results in a natural high.  Eating healthy foods and getting plenty of rest and exercise will help you.  Meditation and prayer also help ease the mind.

Last but not least, laughter is the best medicine.  Dance,play games, watch funny movies, develop your own sense of humor, and laugh, laugh, laugh!

11. TylerHungerpiller profile image60
    TylerHungerpillerposted 12 years ago

This is a question I have pondered many a time.  The more I think about it, the happier I am with my life because I start to realize that I really cannot complain.  I am a college student, my parents still support me, and I have many friends.  I feel like taking a focus on the things we are blessed to have instead of the things we want can help bring happiness into all of our lives.

12. Hypersapien profile image43
    Hypersapienposted 12 years ago

I have moments when I'm happy, but overall I would say I'm content.  (I'm certainly not unhappy.)  Basically, I don't feel I'm doing what I was meant to do from a career standpoint, so I'm working on making the switch.

13. Pamela N Red profile image82
    Pamela N Redposted 12 years ago

I am very happy. Sure there are always things we can improve on to make life easier or our surroundings better but that doesn't decide whether or not I am happy.

My family and myself are healthy and I have a lot to be thankful for.

We are as happy as we decide to be and it's totally up to us whether or not we are content with what we have and how our lives have turned out so far.

Money, possessions and position are not who I am.

14. YvetteParker profile image62
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

I find contentment in my present life in the wholesomeness of my spiritual life, and in my physical, mental, and emotional healthiness. The one area that I am unhappy with is my financial situation. The manifestation of every promise, prophecy, and harvest that has been spoken concerning my life and my situation is what will bring contentment to every area of my life.

15. Sergio Gonzales profile image60
    Sergio Gonzalesposted 17 months ago

I also find satisfaction in life

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)