Whoopi...What does "Not necessarily" and "Rape-Rape" mean?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (134 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX_D0Bv9M0

Well...this falls under the "gossip" part under Entertainment...It's hardly News. However...I did hear about this on the radio coming home from work (BTW...I don't EVER watch the View! lol )Yet...I am curious as to what most folks on Hub Pages have to say about it. Folks on Hubs have been talking (writing) a great about Roman Polanski being arrested in Switzerland, concerning his 1977 U.S. conviction for unlawful sex with a minor.

Listen...to the "Not necessarily" part...as well. It was also brought to the attention of the radio listeners...that Whoopie Goldberg is a spokesperson for Toys 'R Us (Toy Store Chain).

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She's busy defending a rapist and pedophile.  I just don't get it.

1. TheShadowSpecter profile image84
        TheShadowSpecterposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Technically, he would not be a pedophile, because Samantha Gailey-Geimer was a teenager rather than a prepubescent child at the time of the incident in 1977.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that Toys, or...Toy Toys!...lol

2. manlypoetryman profile image82

Right,FK...It really comes off extremely...like she is defending him...once you watch the video...a few times...! UUUHH...Why?

3. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

She's deff ruined her reputation for sure the silly cow, like he bedded a 13 year old. But still some famous Rock Stars are Pedos and got away with it, " sorry yer honour I was just doing a bit of research here downloading my pics just to see what they are looking at"  " Ahhh right me too, now go home and dont do it again "

Shes full of shit !

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HHHMMM...A certain Rock Star tells the judge that he was just doing a little research...? Now, "WHO" was it that said that...I wonder?

1. profile image49
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who indeed smile

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I think it's weird. I think people in general are really irrational on this topic though. Part of the reason is that about half of all girls and a third of all boys have been molested at some point in their lives, usually by someone older that they know and trust. Those are the statistics. So that means lots of adults are walking around looking rational but inside they have a little red 'hot button' on the topic of molestation and abuse.

People's reactions are all over the map.

I think if he broke the law he should be tried for his crimes. I thought there was a statute of limitations on this kind of thing though--like, after a certain number of years, time's up on prosecuting it. Maybe it's because he ran away? He was jailed and then he took off to avoid prison.

1. atil profile image61
      atilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never been molested by anyone and I think the scumbag should be shot, he plead guilty for the crime and took off before sentencing so statutes of limitation do not apply.

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no statute of limitation on a crime, only on some civil actions.

1. atil profile image61

There are statute of limitations on many crimes, the reason they do not apply in this case is because he plead guilty and ran before sentencing.

5. profile image0

Also, I think if he wasn't famous no one would care as much. When I was teaching, I met girls all the time who were molested by their fathers and PUT BACK IN THE HOME after family counseling. Can you imagine? No convictions, no criminalization, just therapy and go back home with a warning to Daddy to knock it off.

6. profile image0

Right, I think he should be tried and do his time.

I just brought up the molestation thing because people have such weird reactions. I thought Whoopi's reaction was weird.

7. areyouserious profile image57
    areyouseriousposted 14 years ago

It should be no surprise to anyone that the STARS of Hollywood are backing him. Really don't know why he is afraid, they (hollywoods stars) get away with Murder so why not rape. the judicial system if flawed and corrupt.

8. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

I would cut his balls off !

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pirate girl ..glad to see ya ..I heard you left , nice to know your still here so when ya gonna write another poem?

1. profile image49
        PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dunno guess when I feel like it, hows you ?

I'm fine, just heard you were gone, so glad to see ya around

1. profile image49

Still here, the Captain was looking out for you, I think he fancies you smile

yeah, I think he's full of shit actually - he fancies every chick he sees just a big flirt is all - just do a search on badco and check out his comments you'll see what I mean but he's still funny, and whitty, and does a great job with keeping people entertained , I like his hubbs and his smart ass comments , he gives people a good laugh ya know

1. profile image49
                BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So not true Starme77 and I am here now saying I do fancy you and yes I leave flirty comments but with you it's different because I feel different about you. Cheers for making me make this public but if that's what it takes so be it. Btw if you are still interested in my plan I intend to start it this weekend, you really need to have faith my friend, you are a special lady and I am not full of shit !

9. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I know a lot of thirteen year old girls that willingly have sex with boys or men that  are more than 22 years old.I know girls that get pregnant at that age. Maybe it's ilegal to have sex with a thirteen year old. But that's a bit hypocrite, I think,considering the above.Did someone was there when Polanski had sex with this girl ? Maybe she was willing, maybe it was a hoax to get some money. Who knows ! I wouldn't judge. Nor her nor Polanski.It's their own business. And if Whoopi G. has that opinion, isn't she entitled to it ? What's the problem ? I don't get it.

1. profile image49

13 year olds are kids, are you serious ?

1. tantrum profile image62
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In what country ??? Get real. Today any girl  has her first sex experience at that age. go and google stats.

1. profile image49

Not by someone of his age, if you ever have a 13 year old daughter and a dirty git shags her tell me how you felt about it.

Nobody shags a 13 year old, with her mother nearby consenting, and be guilty. For sure she lied about her age. We hear a lot of that sort of story

1. profile image49

Get real will ya !

Why don't you get real. go and google. I hate pre-judgment people !!!

2. LondonGirl profile image82
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was 16 or 17 in the UK, but I could well be wrong.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PirateGirl, Juliet was 13 (in Romeo and Juliet).  It's only in the last 150 years or so that we've started to regard 13 as too young for relationships - and even then, only in developed countries.

If a woman of any age is raped, that's wrong and the perpetrator should be punished.  In this case, the girl in question is now a woman and says she's "forgiven" him, which is unusual and makes me think she may not have been as unwilling as everyone assumes.

Thirteen year old girls do have sexual feelings.  They are curious about sex and may even instigate it.  Adults should be responsible enough to refuse to get involved in that, but I'm not sure that it constitutes rape.

1. profile image49

Marisa I know that, half the girls I know had sex underage but the facts are even consenting 13 years olds who have sex with older men are subject to the rape law. I really get what you are saying though.

2. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or it may have been so traumatizing that she can't bear to bring it all up again in a court of law.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think her mother was there...or close by from what I remember reading about it years ago. He did plead guilty to having sex with her.

Yes, but as you say her mother was willing and her daughter as well. It looks as ahoax to me.

1. profile image49

So he pleaded Guilty because ?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

He had sex with an underaged girl...

2. tantrum profile image62

Because he had done it. that's obvious.And lawyers knowtheir business. you sometimes have to plead guilty to get away with it. What's not so obvious is if it was rape.

1. profile image49

If you are underage its rape even if you consent !

One thing is the law. another personal morals. As I said before lots of girls have sex at 13. Go and google !!

1. profile image49

I wouldn't google 13 year old sex too much Tantrum, you just might meet Polanski !

Prejudice it's a nasty thing.   I hope nobody prejudices you in the future, You'd  hate it.

2. atil profile image61

Her Mother was not around? where are you getting this stuff? This girl was given alcohol and drugs even if she had wanted to have sex with this freak she was to inebriated to give consent! The only reason any of you are siding with this perv is because you moral compass only points to hell!

I'm not taking his side. I am just repeating something I remember hearing a long time ago. I certainly think he should stand trial again.

And I don't think Tantrum is either, he is playing devil's advocate here. Trying to see both sides.

At last an intelligent hubber !! thank you Uninvited Writer! My point here is: don't be too fast judging people. I've been in this planet for ages. I've seen a lot ! smile cool

3. areyouserious profile image57
      areyouseriousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

REALLY you actually feel that way? do you have kids? she stated she was raped and and drugged not to mention ITS ILLEGAL

Haven't you heard about sex hoaxes? I wouldn't judge. You, go ahead !

I'm pretty sure it happened the way she said. Besides, now she wants the case dropped. But...he should still stand trial.

1. profile image49

Probably slipped her a few pounds, sounds like a dearly departed child molester.

1. profile image0
              pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's my point! There is no real justice on this. It's all crap, all of it. People get worked up, say cut his balls off, and so forth, but most of the time NOTHING happens to these guys. Guys who aren't Roman Polanski do this to hundreds of kids. One guy, hundreds of kids. People talk a big game but no one really gives a rat's ass. That's what I'm saying.

Not you personally, just in general.

1. profile image49

I know, 13 year olds are sexually curious we have all been there but Polanski took advantage. He will get off with it though, that I have no doubts about.

1. profile image0

No I mean pedophiles get away with it. People act outraged but they get away with it in spades. Not just celebrities.

That's why I'd have that talk if it was my daughter. Screw the courts. I'd make sure that guy had somewhere far away to go, fast.

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
                Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That happened here a few years ago - some guy was convicted for raping a young boy, and spent a few years in prison.

A few days after he was released, they found him floating face down in the river.

That is Spartan justice hmm

1. profile image49

Long live Sparticus !

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
                  manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That used to be Wild West "Frontier" Justice...Now we just debate over for a couple decades...

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
                    Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We still have that here - this part of Greece is tough country. The Spartans are beautiful, kind and accepting people.

But, there is a line....

3. TheShadowSpecter profile image84

That's what should happen to Fleece Johnson.

2. areyouserious profile image57

you have totally lost perspective of the seriousness of this. and if it was ok then why did he flee because he knows he was wrong

lol you're funny. Because by law it's wrong, and his case looked wrong. He freaked and flee, i suppose. go and ask him. and then, JUDGE

1. areyouserious profile image57

WOW

10. profile image0

It just bothers me that pedophiles bring out this "Cut his balls off" business. Why does one horrific act justify another? How does that help?

People are always like that--Cut his balls off! So righteous. But when you're a kid and you actually have this problem no one gives a rat's ass.

That's been my experience anyway.

11. profile image0

In all fairness, tantrum has a point. My sister was 14 when she met her husband. He was 25. My parents were thrilled. I think it's disgusting, but even though nobody likes to think about it, men respond to very young girls and they always have.

It's OK and then it's not. It seems to be a question of who is doing it, why, and how much money and power do they have?

It's not fair or anything.

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but to say that "men respond to very young girls and they always have" is like saying all women are like Mary Kay Letourneau...it's just not true...

But I don't think your sister was raped by this man at 14 was she? The notes said that she was crying while she was being sodomized.

so you were there ? Someone was there, apart from her mother, maybe ?

I am quoting from the trial notes. So this was disclosed not a guess.

people lie on trial ,you know. and if that's true, why her mother let it be. wasn't she moved by her own daughter's crying ??

1. areyouserious profile image57

If her mother was there she should go to jail as well

2. profile image49

Avoiding my question, yes or no ?

What question ?????

1. profile image49

The one you avoided !

3. Flightkeeper profile image66

Well you can say that about all court procedures and if that's the case why have any kind of court system at all? You have to apply some judgment and take into account what was said and if it sound plausible or how are you going to come to any kind of verdict?

That's why law makes such a lot of mistakes.anyway it can't be perfect and it's more about who have the best lawyer. and that's a fact. ask any lawyer.

Nobody said the courts or the law is perfect. We have the kind of system that we have and that system found Polanski guilty and he should be made to carry out his sentence.  What I don't understand is why people like you seem to think that there is equal responsibility here between the 13 year old and a man over 40.  You don't see how lop-sided the situation is?  What is to stop any adult from having sex with a 9 year old and have him claim it was consensual because in the 7th century they married young.

12. profile image0

BTW if an old goat did it to my daughters at 13 he'd no make it to court in one piece.

But it's not like there's any general agreement on it.

1. profile image49

So you would cut his balls off, yes or no ?

1. profile image0

No. I'd go have a talk with him with some large friends. And he would go away. And stay away.

I wouldn't do it that way though if there was anything resembling justice here.

13. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

He drugged her up with qualudes and alcohol, would that really count as consensual?  Let's say she has already had sex with other people at 13.  The law says that is statutory rape although in Polanski's case it was pleaded down to sex with a minor.  The law is hung up on semantics.  It still doesn't erase the facts that he gave her drugs and alcohol and sodomized her at 13.

1. profile image0

I'd say that's at least totally disgusting if not illegal. But it's illegal.

I just wish they enforced it for everybody.

14. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

The man committed a crime (at the very least statutory rape; she was 13, he was in his 40s) to which he confessed. He fled the country to avoid sentencing. To me, it's very simple - bring him back and force him to serve his sentence. Otherwise, you're essentially saying commit any crime you want, however heinous, and then leave the country until people have forgotten or stopped caring about it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I understand the blood lust I read among some people. No need for vigilante castration; we have a legal and penal system to take care of crimes like this.

1. profile image49

Pmsl yeah 30 years later !

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a fair statement.  Most of the debate on this thread is about the bigger pictures of what constitutes rape rather than this particular case.

1. profile image49

Its cut and dry in the UK if you have sex with a minor 16 even with consent you are going to jail, I think in the US its even older. In fact forget even having sex with a minor, even chat with a minor online and you are going down.

Sex with a minor = Rape

2. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, although I'm a bit puzzled by it. There's consent and there's exploitation. Plying a young girl with drugs and continuously forcing yourself on her sexually as she protests is just wrong. I guess I'll throw in my $0.02 and call it rape (both statutory and the garden variety version).

Lying about her age, if it happened, is a bit moot (she was 13; when in doubt, say no!), as is the supposed consent of her mother.

I realize I'm pointing out the particulars of this case, but they might be common in other cases like it. There's a reason this case was controversial back in the 70s.

3. profile image0

See, that's the kind of attitude that, if everyone had it, we'd probably see less of this kind of crime. Especially if we actually prosecuted these crimes, as in, took them seriously in a consistent way--which we don't even sort of do.

It's what I'd like to see more of--More rational approachable adults, less bloodthirsty ball piles.

I'm not holding my breath though. I'm 55. Not much progress in my lifetime so far.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can't be 55!

1. profile image0

OMG I can't believe you said something semi-nice to me. (Unless you thought I was 65.)

Yeah, 55 years, six months...feels longer. smile

4. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The 'castration' thing just adds so much more color to the conversation!

15. areyouserious profile image57
    areyouseriousposted 14 years ago

It is very simple really, bring him back do the time you agreed to and that is that. No need to cut his ball off, he is married so his wife has those anyways (little joke there) no one should ever have sex with a child under 18 because thats the law even if the kid says yes because they really dont know whats going on. plus if you have to get someone drunk and doped up well you have bigger issues

16. manlypoetryman profile image82

Who is it that stands up for the little girl in this case...She was drugged and given alcohol...in every thing I read. That is not "giving consent"...and the parents sound like morons anyways...for letting this guy get anywhere close to her!

If that was my daughter...Even Switzerland would not be a safe place to hide!

Much heat in this debate...yet I don't get how an older man can do whatever he wants to a very young girl...and that is not wrong?

17. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't understand these children's parents.

Roman Polanski, however famous, was a stranger to this woman and her daughter. yet the mother let him take her daughter UNCHAPERONED over to Jack Nicholson's house for a "photo shoot"...i assume she was hoping he would cast her in a film.

backstory/images from 1977 and interviews with the girl and Mr. Polanski

same thing with Michael Jackson...the parents allowed their young children to be alone with him, sleep over at his house and go on plane trips with him.

sorry. NO WAY my child would ever go off with a stranger at that age - i don't care if it was Jesus himself!

now, if these things happened while our children were, say, at a day care center, or in the care of a hired nanny or guardian, the parents would be suing them right and left for trusting them and letting them go off with them...but when the parent does it, it's ok.

makes no sense to me. these parents need to share some of the blame as well for not protecting their children better.

1. profile image0

Lots of parents are like this.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

strange.

if he was all business, he would have had his "people" make the arrangements for the "photo shoot" and it would have been during the day at the studio offices, and not at night in some secluded mansion.

2. TheShadowSpecter profile image84

They're called free-range parents like Lenore Skenazy.

18. mizink profile image60
    mizinkposted 14 years ago

Hello everyone! My first day in kindergarten and I get to hop on the bandwagon with this post.

Roman Polanski was in a position of trust, ie, money, power. Whether mommy of little girl said it was ok or not. And little girl, was a little girl. Statutory rape is against the law.

Even if little girl had been 21, I think what he did was wrong, kinda like what Bill Clinton did with Monica. Position of trust!

19. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

He raped the girl

I dont know whats to decide really?

Flame his arse smile

20. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Either way, even if the 13 year old wanted to, it is the responsibility of the adult to do what is right.  Just because a 13 year old wants to fill her head with cocaine, drown in a bottle of rum, it is the responsibility of the adult to stop her.  If he didn't, then he would be brought up on charges for that too.  Thirteen year olds want everything that they've been told they can't have.  There is a reason that they can't have these things and it is up to the adults to keep them away from things that will hurt them.

The point is, it is still not right even if she wanted to.  He is a sick bastard for doing it, and a coward for running away.  There is no justification for it.  There never will be.  The only reason anyone is standing up for him is because he made a few big movies, and has a lot of big friends.  No one in Hollywood will stand up against him in fear that they will be black balled by some of his friends in high places.

I don't see how this is any different than all of the female teachers going to prison for having sex with their male students.  I don't see Whoopi defending them...

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

A lot of people are standing up for him because there are some questions about the trial. That is why a new trial can clear that all up.

22. profile image52
    bhanyheadposted 14 years ago

Let's be honest here, she was there looking for fame, but he took advantage of that situation.  I appreciate what tantrum is saying, there's his version, her version and then there's the truth.  He used her for sex just because he could and she was underage. Of course 13 year olds have sexual feelings and curiosities and he isn't the only man in the world to take advantage of that. But this was not a romance.  It was not a relationship.  It was an abuse of power.  Her mother knew full well that she was pimping her daughter out for fame, she wouldn't be the first person in the world to have to give sexual favours to further themselves. But she was 13 and had no idea of the consequences of her actions.  Of course there are people who do this and get away with it, all the more reason for a 'celebrity' to serve time.  Not crazy rot in jail for life time maybe, but not swanning around europe like royalty.

23. Megavitamin profile image70
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

All age questions aside, since that horse has been beaten, there's still the issue of him drugging her.  No matter if you're 15, 25, or 45, whatever, if someone drugs you then they take away your ability to consent to sex.  Even if you willingly go out and drink yourself into a stupor, if someone comes along and has sex with you, it is considered rape in the US.  He raped her, and that's not legal in the state of California.

I think he should be held accountable for his actions.  It sets a pretty disgusting precedence that if you commit a crime, just go on vacation in another country for 30 years and hope everyone forgets.

1. TheShadowSpecter profile image84

Good point!  However, do you think the story about him would have even hit the news if he had only been 14 or 15 years old when he did it?  He might not have even been arrested.  There was a case in Arkansas two years earlier wherein a middle-aged man and a 15-year-old boy raped a then-12-year-old girl named Kathy Shelton.  The underage boy was never arrested and he was let off the hook.  This information all came out at one of the 2016 presidential debates, because Hillary Clinton was the criminal defense attorney for the middle-aged rapist.  Fortunately, that middle-aged rapist is deceased and can never hurt another young girl.

24. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Rape of a child is the most vile crime on earth! That poor soul has that memory to carry with them until they die.(for my liberal friends I'm referring to the victem of the rape)

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its a little sad that you have to add the "for my liberal friends" caveat. But with the way Hollywood reacted you just have to!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)