What famous person or persons have you met or known?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (52 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Can be someone political, celebrity, world leader or inspiring. So who be it? 

(I met Robert Englund in 2004 while I participated as a contestant on his reality show which was never released by the network).

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
      Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My cousin used to live with and have a relationship with Billy Martin (Manager of NY Yankees). I met him and took a picture wearing his world series ring, (which he signed) when I was twelve. I'm now 44.

2. Bentley Life profile image60
      Bentley Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My father always had james caan over the house along with other people not so famous for movies but famous. It was a fun child hood but missing pops every day

3. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have met President Gerald Ford, MO. Republican Senator Kit Bond- a family friend, Presidents George Bush Sr. and Jr., Former MO. Congressman Jim Talent, Micky Rooney, Bob Hope, Payne Stewart, and Clint Eastwood.
      (All by the way of my grandfather's friendship w/Kit- who by the way is a terrible, "scotch" alcoholic.)

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I met President Kennedy in person, got to shake his hand.

5. Harvey Stelman profile image60
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too many to count. Living across the street from Yankee Stadium, I met football and baseball players.

I played basketball with two guys in the Hall of Fame, Jabbar and Archibald.
      In college I plyed with Clifford Ray and Garfield.

Throw in Happy Hairston at a basketball camp.

Booked as the opening act for Elton John and Jethro Tull.

World Champion Boxer, Emil Griffith.

They're just people, good and bad.

6. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a musical that premiered at Robert Redford's Sundance Theater when I was 24. At opening night I asked him what he thought and his reply was "I hope to hell we break even."

I stayed at Louise Mandrell's house with a friend, and we stayed up till 2 am tell jokes and listening to her parrot imitate us laughing. What a scream.

I'm friends with the keyboard player from Diamond Rio, Dan Truman. We used to write tunes together, but he got famous and I didn't. I shoulda followed in his footsteps.

I went to lunch with Kenny Chesney's manager, and have met some other actors and directors. Most recently, I met Brooke Lyons who just appeared on an episode of "Desperate Housewives." She is great. I think she'll go places. What a great gal.

I've met a few others as well. They are nice people, most of them. But my favorites are always closer to home. And I consider this place a little bit like home.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I got to know the Hart family from wrestling.  In high school actually partied with Owen (Now Deceased) and Brett

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I have met several. Most of the Chelsea football squad, Gordon Ramsey, a few other footballers. I am currently living in a reasonably well known actors house (at least his parents home).

As for 'know', I know one or two. A couple of very good friends are very well known for what they do, but not really known outside of what they do. Ones a tennis player, ones a lower league footballer (soccer that is).

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I've met most of the folks on the Brazilian national soccer team, American women's soccer team and, well, name the soccer team and I've probably met them through my kids.

I've also met Drew Carey, Danny Bonaduce (vomit, vomit, vomit), Dorothy Hamill, Pierce Brosnan (he did a James Bond film that featured one of the products that I worked on) and a very famous baseballer whose name I can't recollect. I worked with his wife.

5. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Sir Peter Ustinov.

6. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

quite a few I've met through music, a couple notables, B.B. King, Luther Allison and his band. amazing people. (I used to work for a non-profit organization that booked bands.)

7. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Sean Ferrer (Audrey Hepburn's son). I used to live near to her house in the village of Tolochenaz, Switzerland.

8. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

The entire Lakers Team, Jerry Buss, Magic Johnson, that guy from Dawson's Creek, Green Day, DJ Reza, Louis Anderson, Kirsten Dunst and a bunch others....

(One of my best friends is Jerry Buss' grandson)

9. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

Mike Alstott and Dave Brooks (former Bucs for non football fans) are part owners of a restaurant in Clearwater, Island Way Grill, of which notables often frequent if in town. I've never seen anyone famous there yet, but I'm always hoping I'll see John Travolta or Tom Cruise when they travels to this area. tongue

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

When I was a kid, opera star Leontyne Price visited my vocal music class.

Others I've met
    Nichelle Nichols
    Jerry Lucas - OSU Basketball player and writer
    Bob Marvin - Flippo the Clown
    Bill Bixby
    Jane Powell
    Grandmaster Jhoon Rhee, father of Taekwondo in America (he made at least one film)
    Willie Johnson - KungFu champion
    Pat O'Brien
    Milton Berle - at a poetry convention
    Red Skelton - at a poetry convention
    Simon Dinitz - Professor and 2nd under Walter Reckless in founding/developing criminology in America.

Probably there are some others smile

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Country stars: Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Gary Morris, Michael Peterson, Restless Heart, Deryl Dodd, Brian Burns (went to school with him)

Actor/Comedian:  Mark Curry(Hangin' with Mr. Cooper)

Actor:  William Shattner, Josh Taylor (dad from Valerie's Family & Days of Our Lives)

Pop/Rock Singer:  Mickey Dolenz (Monkees)

NASCAR Racers:  Mark Martin, Dale Jarrett

As a kid I met and got an autograph from Roger Staubach (Dallas Cowboys quarterback).

Have been in the same room with many more, but can't really claim to have met them like I can the ones above.  I have held conversations with all of the ones above and have autographs of some.

12. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Patty:  how cool to have met the greats like Milton Berle and Red Skelton!  I loved Red as a kid.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know they wrote poetry before I met them, either.

13. theageofcake profile image60
    theageofcakeposted 14 years ago

I interviewed former Pixies frontman Frank Black and his wife, Violet Clark for a music website.  It was super nerve-wracking but an amazing experience.  They were both very cool people.

1. LViddamoy profile image61
      LViddamoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Frank Black cool.

14. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 14 years ago

Tom Cruise
    sandra Bullock
    Julia roberts
    Jean Paul Gautier
    metallica
    pink floyd
    faitless

All very nice people

and loads of famous belgian artists

My father works for an international showbizz agency, so that way, you meet some people.

15. hinckles koma profile image60
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

my family.love all

16. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I met the Rugby Player Will Carling. He was to help out with a high profile campaign my company had in The QE2 London. I didn’t even know who he was until all the ladies at work asked me to get his autograph for them – which I did.

Have also met British Heavy weight Boxer Danny Williams – I used to give his daughter "after school" lessons in their house.

17. QuirkyPearl profile image60
    QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

Edwin Starr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d8C4AIFgUg

I was support band once to Showaddywaddy

Dr Deepak Chopra

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was support band once to Showaddywaddy...are you sure you want to advertise this! hehehe

18. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Great response! Noticed a lot of Sports people. What about politicians?

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just remembered: Mike Huckabee! He was my Mom's pastor for several years in Texarkana right before he made his break into politics. I think I talked to him once...though my sister has really discussed things with him in detail because she's a visual artist and he supports the endowment for the arts.  He is a very nice, warm individual. I hope he goes far.

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmmh Politicians..

In addition to the people i've met above. I worked for Stephen Byers, in his Private Office, when he was Minister for Education. He's only famous in Europe though - so it might not count. Lol

19. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have met a couple of celebs, one of the most exciting was meeting and talking to Kenneth Branagh. I wrote a hub about it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Kenneth-Branagh … aordinaire

20. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Didn't actually meet him, but sat up front, about 15 feet from Ross Perot one night when he spoke on the campaign trail in Rapid City (1992?  I think).  Really liked him; the man listens to his inner radar (and pays attention) at a level managed by only a few.

21. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

The famous people I know are probably not famous to most people in HubPages.

But my good friends are in a band called All Time Low.  They are on the radio and MTV.

I know the actress Amy Davidson.  She played the redhead daughter on John Ritter's last sitcom 8 Simple Rules.  She use to work at California Pizza Kitchen with me.

I know a lot of bands well but ATL is the biggest right now.

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60

My friend's friend started California Pizza Kitchen.

1. TimTurner profile image69
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh those 2 attorney guys?  I forgot their name but they really changed the pizza industry.  CPK was the first restaurant to create the BBQ chicken pizza and first national chain to ban smoking.

22. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

My dad went to high school with Johnny Depp.

I met Carson Daly, Jennifer Love Hewitt, James Van Der Beek, Hilarie Burton, lots of bands and musicians (dad & brother are both in music).

I also met President Clinton. I was in elementary school smile

And I was fortunate enough to meet Jane Goodall, an amazing woman smile

23. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

I met Secretariat (see my hub to read all about it.)

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Now I'm impressed!

24. Newsclipper profile image68
    Newsclipperposted 14 years ago

I've met Bob Seger, Charlie Sanders (football player), Al Kaline, Gordie Howe, Mark Howe, Bill Freehan and a couple other older Detroit Tigers.

25. terenceyap07 profile image61
    terenceyap07posted 14 years ago

Mark Knowles of Hubpages!

26. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Clint Black
    Gary Stewart
    George Strait
    Kix Brooks and Ronny Dunn
    Garth Brooks (asshole)
    Too many musicians to name them all here.

Clint Eastwood
    Crystal Bernard
    Mark Harmon
    Cant think of all the actors at the moment, I worked as head of security of some movie productions. Oh Yeah, Ron Howard,Billy Bob Thornton many more.

27. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

mmmmmm....
    I met Bill Clinton after the shootings in Springfield, Or.

Met the Jacksons and my husband's family as well as himself are dear friends.

R. Kelly during the time he was becoming famous

Kirstie Alley: Lovely human being
    Sylvester Stallone and Martin Sheen just to name a few all great people! smile

28. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

w/o backstories:

Lennox Lewis (when he was IBF champ) listening to the first snoop dog album!

M Night Shimalyan (unbreakable after party)
    -b Willis
    -s Jackson

Dozens of band members - Travis from Blink 182, unwritten law, bigwig, korn, the wailers, way more

Hillary Clinton

Ralph Nader (spoke at a forum I organized)

Rev Al Sharpton big_smile

oh and I partied with Steve O !

29. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

I met metallica april of last year, I waited for exactly 20 hours in line but it was freakin' worth it!!!

30. profile image0
    Linda Myshrallposted 14 years ago

O.J. Simpson, Kimberly Heffner, Eric Estrada, Patrick Dempsey, Gil Bellows, Carla Gugino, The 'You're in Good Hands with All-State' guy (can't remember his name) Michael Jackson, Robin Williams, Donal Logue, Sharon Osborne, Luke Perry, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bob Hope, Eric Clapton, Ringo Star, Chris Christopherson.

31. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I met Robin Williams. really short, and as funny "as seen on TV".

I know Shaq Attack- he volonteers in my train safety presentations for kids. Good guy. not short.

32. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Oh I also used to know Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy pretty well before he was famous.

He would recognize me now but not sure if he would remember my name now.

But no one in Hubs probably even know who he is anyway  haha

33. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Jarvis Cocker, The National, Thom Yorke of Radiohead, Harold Shipman, John Taylor of Duran Duran, Prince Charles, Airborne toxic event,
    I knew a man who was a hospital porter.  He met Marc Bolan... after the accident!  David Bowie popped into the hospital, so he got to meet him too!  Sorry if this is a bit of sick story, but it does have some relevance. x

34. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I went through drug rehab in Hollywood and Malibu (strictly for musicians there)  hung out with a great deal of 'A' type movie stars and a wide range of musicians who I embarrassingly didn't recognize until I was told.

Roger Waters and I had lunch together, I proceeded to finish his eggs benedict and it wasn't until he left the site my friend explained who he was, as one example (from many)

I can't name many of them as the program is based on anonymity except for those who told me it is not important to them such as Alice Cooper and his daughter, Robert Downey Junior, Metallica, most of Kid Rock's band, Roger Waters, Tom Selleck, Lou Gossete Junior.  The rest I cannot name, but you get the idea.

So, after a year of being exposed to very famous people I feel sad for them as they have no privacy and lack any form of structure as they're being constantly pulled from every angle, business wise.

But Boy, the cash is amazing along with the perks.

Thanks,

Kimberly  smile

35. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i met Jose Canseco once at a hotel. a bunch of us were there for a technical writing seminar and he was just in town, staying there for the Cactus League games. i was standing there about to walk into the lobby and stopped to admire a gorgeous red car i am not sure if it was a Lamborghini or Ferrari, but it was parked right out front! he walked right up to me and said hello and shook my hand and i just went "GAHHH" or something stupid and he smiled and drove away. big_smile

another time i met Al Stewart at a record store. oh and i met Olympic gymnast Kerri Strug in line at the movies in north Scottsdale. she was with her mom. nothing exciting i know but it was still kind of interesting meeting these people by chance on an ordinary day...

36. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

oops forgot... met Darth Vader in a record shop (the body not the voice!).

37. bulletbutter profile image60
    bulletbutterposted 14 years ago

I met woody harleson in the dallas, fort worth airport. I was younger at the time so I just shook the guys hand. He was being driven around in a golf cart inside the airport, the driver clipped my fathers pull along suitcase and took it for a short ride. They stopped and apologized and my mother freaked out....we missed our flight because they were talking so long.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if he flew in to whack someone like his daddy did?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)