Sucky Comments

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Comments like these sure put a damper on things... You want to comment back, but know there's no point because the person isn't coming back for more. Plus, why instigate more hatred on yourself?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this is on one of your hubs??

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just laugh at them !
      I got some real nasty ones fron a hubber on one of my hubs. I think it's so pathetic ,that I replied and laughed at it ! Really !! Someone losing his time at it ! lol lol

3. starme77 profile image75
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aw piss on em  don't let it bother you, if you do then they are getting what they are after  and getting mad wanting to get back at the idiot just stoops you to their level  just laugh at the idiot and go on with life

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh thats bad...geeezzz, why can we be all civilized here...

5. spease profile image59
      speaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a horrible comment. I can't understand who someone would do that.  What an ass.

6. R P Chapman profile image60
      R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

7. Blogging Erika profile image66
      Blogging Erikaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whoa.  That's just... whoa.  I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Sometimes I fear for humanity.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

What a disgusting comment! I would say try to ignore it but I am not sure I could if I got that message. I guess I can say, don't sweat it, you are an awsome hubber with a 100 perfect score and must be make a few bucks here n there! This person must be jealous of your hard won success, probably to lazy to go out there and work for success themselves so insults those who do instead!

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

sad that certianly does suck. Im hoping you dont let it really get to you. What a looser!!

1. shanekruger profile image60
      shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmmm

4. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Comments like that are to be deleted and the poster ignored. There's nothing else that can be done. Evil exists and we need it so that we may know and appreciate goodness!

5. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Oh yea this was on one of my hubs. I just spammed it and moved on... Just kinda put a damper on things, but at the same time also has motivated me a little to just write me.

I do have a "real" job besides answering the questions of little 15 year old boys. So this kid can kiss my butt, but dangit if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At times like that I wish there was a way to give that spammer a visual "finger".

1. Jo Woodward profile image60
        Jo Woodwardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if Mummy and Daddy know his meds aren't helping anymore?

6. Jo Woodward profile image60
    Jo Woodwardposted 14 years ago

Oh dear, sounds like someone is having a bad day and decided to take it out on you.
    I wonder if that person was born a total arse or just decided to become one.

7. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

That is particularly vile - you are doing the right thing by using it to drive you onwards. smile

It says much more about them than it does about you - they obviously have some serious issues hmm

8. TheEverythingHub profile image62
    TheEverythingHubposted 14 years ago

*hugs* don't let it get to ya big_smile People can be real stupid jerks some times.

9. profile image57
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Let me guess the gutless wonder didn't even bother signing in.  Delete and move on. Don't waste your time on wondering why...Definitely use it to motivate you in a positive way!

10. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

Reading the comment it's for sure He liked your hub but may be jealous of your such good article ..... and your success .....

I agree, I think someone was jealous ~~ don't let it get to you.

11. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I'm forming up an angry mob to burn down his hubpages account. I don't know who it is but it's natural to assume it's a guy.

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

That comment is just so stupid it isn't worth giving a half-second of thought to.  The "phenomenon" of people who make those comments, though, may deserve a few lines: 

I do "love" (sarcasm), though, how these pea-brains think they have you all figured out in their damaged little imaginations, and then how they're so sure they're right they're stupid enough to post their wild guesses about things like whether you have a life or a job.  They don't even have the reasoning ability to know that by posting their "imaginings" and guesses about you they're showing the world how worthless their words are, and how pea-brained they are.  Sharp people know not to say anything unless they know it for sure, based on what they have seen - not what they've imagined.  When I get those comments (provided they don't have unacceptable words in them, as the one you got did), I do leave the comments up; and then use my own verbal skills to humiliate them with, I hope, great flair.  lol

13. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

when it is on someone elses hub it is easy to say don't get upset, but if it were on mine i would probably take it to heart.  Thankfully people like that on here are so few and far between

14. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 14 years ago

Just brush it off as some ass that has nothing better to do with their life or has no life.
    I know one thing,sometimes the more I know people the better I like my pets.

15. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

I've already had a few disgusting ones and I'm still pretty new here.

The consolation for me is to actually imagine what kind of life that person really leads. I mean, really, is there any intelligence level there, and doesn't it just feel like they are leeching off anyone who has something they want? I think they spend a lot of time mocking and making fun of anyone who knows how to bring any real happiness and success to themselves. If that's the case, they are as annoying and useless as houseflies. They don't last long, once the summer is gone.

At least it seems that way to me.

16. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

I was told by the lady that introduced me to HP, that until you get your first hate mail you are not a good writer. 

So, Congrats Whitney05! You are now officially a great writer and you have the Hubscore to prove it.

She also said, "You empower yourself by not dwelling on it. Just delete it and keep moving forward, doing what you are doing." cool

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but this definitely isn't my first hate mail by any means.

why would u get hate mail??? hmm
        people are so strange and juvenile online~~ today I lost a fan (unless Bad Co deleted his account again)
        why? because I look like a vampire for halloween? tongue

1. profile image0
          L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like I said before - a lot of people do get hate mail. People are irrational and wrapped up in their own self-importance. If they think people are wrong they never say it to their faces. Oh no, they email them knowing that they will never have to confront people they slag off online.

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

What a jerk! I'm sorry you got something like that Whitney...i would have emailed that comment and the name to the hubteam and see if they could delete the jerk. Was it a hubber?

18. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

don't give it any more energy - that's what he/she wants

delete

19. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

There are people on the internet who live for this. If you think about it, that's just so pathetic. I mean wht kind of person gets off on something so lame and ugly? Sadly there's no way around it--If you write online, you get this kind of sludge.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This one wasn't ugly like the one Whitney got, but just yesterday someone wrote a comment on a Hub I have about "the Santa lie".  I based my thoughts on when my own kids were little and the way my husband and I went with the Santa thing.  It was about the "magic" of believing in Santa (but I know there are people who disagree with what I said - that's fine, and I wouldn't mind opposing views).  With the opposing view, however, the apparently bitter person wrote some nutty thing about how my "boyfriend" didn't believe in the "magic".   Huh??????  What boyfriend???  lol  You don't even know where this stuff comes from!  (alcohol, maybe?)   lol  lol

20. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Ouch!

Well we can see one thing from this - the person who left it has no idea how to spell.

We all get hate mail at some point - usually from some jackass who thinks that they are smarter than you are. Usually it is easy to prove them wrong.

Rest in the assurance that we all have your back love.

Yeah.

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry you were subjected to that. That's totally uncalled for.

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second this Whitney.

22. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

What a loser and just nothing but a attention whore and want you to fight with them.  Don't stoop to their level!!  I'm sorry this happen to you.

23. cally2 profile image60
    cally2posted 14 years ago

what a tosser. Glad most people on hp are a bit more sensitive that that.

24. QuirkyPearl profile image61
    QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

To date you have had over 30 positive posts here, I hope they act like a great big rubber and erase any hurt that this person left with you...

Bright Blessings a wink and a smile, just for you...;D

25. Tath profile image61
    Tathposted 14 years ago

Sadly some people get you confussed with them selves . It's sad realy, they come to these sites and post  ugly comments saying we have no life etc etc ,when in reality  they are sitting there POSTING COMMENTS all day .That makes them the one with no life in my book .
    It is hard to ignore cause we are real people with real feelings and here is some person setting out to make sure you fell  the ugly coming off of them. But remember they only say those things to make themselves feel better by putting others down. Someone needs to remember that highschool tactics are realy pathetic.
    Lots of meanies in the world ,but more of us loving people.
    Big Hug to you and a wagging finger to the ugly commenter -.-

26. wsp2469 profile image61
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

So did you APPROVE that comment?  I am just curious since you saw fit to print it here in a forum. 
    Does the poster not know that this is an 18 and over site?  How would 15 year-old boys ask you questions anyway?

27. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Whitney, why would you empower such a rude person by giving them attention from reproducing their comment in the forums?

28. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

Don't worry Whitney, I have it too. What's funny is that they work in the same field as I do and got the wrong message.

29. profile image50
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Oh grow up it's nothing but some silly kids comment, do you people live in the real world or a plastic bubble, get over it Whitney !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)