Good habits, share one of yours.

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (62 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image63
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

We all have good (and bad) habits. What is one (or more if you like) of yours?

One of mine (was), reading heaps. (I don't do nearly enough these days though.)
    Does that meake it a bad habit (IE, NOT reading enough)?

1. queelah profile image61
      queelahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am always on time for everything good habit.

2. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love to cook, but not so much the clean-up afterward. So I adopted the habit of "clean as you go." If I have something on that takes occasional stirring I can also clean up the cutting board, knife and any prep containers between stirrings. By the time I'm done cooking the only thing I have to look forward to cleaning are the dishes used and the remaining pot or pan I was cooking in.

Makes final clean-up a joy and fast too.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since you realize that you don't read enough, per se, as far as your statement.

You are the only one who can determine was is good or bad for you. Someone else's opinion, is subjective.

I'd say, if you read about 1-2 hours a day, is about average. Even, I myself don't read that much. I'm lucky if I read 2-3 hours a week, as in a book of some sort.

Reading is done is all aspects of life and how much one reads is never to be determine by physically sitting down to read a book. You read words on everything you use on a daily basis.

A good habit would be - "self-responsibility". There seems to be a huge lacking supply of it.

1. LiamBean profile image80

This is one of the most unnecessary, self-serving posts I've ever read.

I notice that you don't claim "self-responsibility" as a habit of your own.

If you've got a problem with a topic by all means try to quell  a driving need to respond to it.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find your perception of my post to be ridiculous. As for my being self-responsible- has absolutely nothing to do with why I posted.

I didn't have any negative comment toward you, yet you call my post self-serving?

I only responded to your post about good habits, share one of yours.

I have a good habit and that's to spread knowledge. In your statement, you accused yourself about not reading enough.

I only pointed out that you act like you feel guilty because you don't and you were trying to get other people's take on your reading practices.

If anything- your reading practices turned out to be your self-serving agenda.

I realize that you encouraged others to partake on what would be a good habit, but your post was more about you.

Before you try passing judgement on others or reading things into what people say, it might be good if you just moved on instead of causing others to respond negative to your already negative tone.

1. LiamBean profile image80

Right! It was a simple question that you are attemting to turn into something else. Why not stick to your favorite "hunting grounds"; the political forums.

Like that makes a difference? I called it as I see it.

I didn't start this thread.

The originator wanted to know what other people considered good habits and encouraged them to share.

That you read something else into it is YOUR PROBLEM.

Again whatever.

I didn't bring a negative tone here; that's your specialty. You made a negative comment on what was otherwise a positive thread.

That reflects more on your state of mind than mine.

Again, why not post your screeds where you'll have an audience. Hint: this ain't the place.

Now you are accusing of precisely what you did. Are you some kind of moron?

2. perfumer profile image65
    perfumerposted 14 years ago

I sleep 8-10 hours a day.

3. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

10 hours? Wow. big_smile

I always am trying to be productive whether for work, school or personally. I always need an art or writing project...iono, I always thought it was a good habit of mine. Or maybe just shows I get bored easily. I keep myself busy.

I read everyday too...I think reading is too underrated and a good habit to form daily.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

One of mine may be being neat and organized.  It makes life and thinking clearly easier (and more attractive too  smile  ).

I think another may be that I'm friendly (or at least nice) to people, like people working in stores, restaurants, etc.  It makes for generally more pleasant days because people are usually friendly or nice back, which makes the world seem a little less nasty.

5. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I shower everyday smile

6. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

Greet strangers with a smile smile

7. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

I like to make someone smile everyday. It sounds almost infantile in its simplicity when you write it down, but that doesn't mean it's not good! smile

aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ye. Me too. I like to make others laugh, or at least smile. big_smile

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Teasing believers? wink

1. Pr0metheus profile image59
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

9. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Loving on my kiddo's.

10. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Meticulously organized but not OCD.  I don't stress over it, I'm just naturally organized and tidy.

11. Deborah-Lynn profile image59
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

When I cook I make a double batch of whatever, then if someone needs a meal, sick, stressed or celebration...etc., I have one waiting in my freezer for them!

I hope I never need your service. You probably live way too far away from me. BUT, you provide a wonderful service. I applaud you.
      Ahh, in fact I'll become your fan, too. lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like to give hugs and smile a lot

I couldn't live without them !!!!cool

i am giving hugs to everybody now, and to you also...

Well, all I can do is accept. Thanx.

12. elisabethkcmo profile image78
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

think the best of everyone until proven otherwise

1. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

think the worst of everyone until proven otherwise smile

13. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

While I'm writing I check the spelling of any words I tend to have trouble remembering the spelling of, and I run spell-check after the whole thing is written.  That can pick up the occasional missed typo as well.  It always surprises me that a lot of people don't seem to check spelling, and I think a their writing would do a lot better if they did.  Anyway, I think it's a good habit.

14. perfumer profile image65
    perfumerposted 14 years ago

Any good dreams Misha?

I think he's dreaming up new ways of teasing believers. lol

15. profile image50
    tonui gilbertoposted 14 years ago

praying every morning and thanking the lord is the good habit am developing and working hard to maintain

16. Jackson Riddle profile image49
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

Spending hours on end doing nothing, just like my hub says.

17. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Teaching my children all I know smile

18. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I always make sure I'm wearing clean undies! You never know who you'll meet lol

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or whether you may end up in the hospital....

19. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i always say please and thankyou...... and smile even if i don't feel like doing politely, when some one is speaking to me

20. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Good manners always!

21. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

My habbits, that I hope are good, include...making breakfast and lunch for hubby every day, so he has a nice full belly while stuck at work. Instead of being grumpy about being up hours before I actually need to be, I focus on how nice it will be for him to open up his lunch and know that I love him. At the end of the day, no matter what horrible things may have happend,to me or elsewhere in the world,  I take the time to be thankfull for all I have. My children are healthy, safe and happy, my house is warm, my husband has regular work, and our van hasnt died yet!!
    I dont feel like telling yall my bad habbits....

Could be my wife's story too. She made my lunch from day 1. That was 30 yrs ago.
      Maybe that's the real secret to our marital success. lol

1. Sexy jonty profile image58
        Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

too soon to be good habit .....

22. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

I have a good sense of humor ....
    I can make someone laugh .....
    but I don't think that's a good habit of mine because I mostly make people laugh by just making fun of others .....

23. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I give my hugs for comfort to anybody!

24. Larry Gee profile image57
    Larry Geeposted 14 years ago

Do something that scares you every day!

25. profile image0
    Minnalousheposted 14 years ago

One of my best habits is creating a new good habit every month. I got this idea from The Power of Less

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very nice idea. that is a good practice with young children also.

I can't go to sleep at night if I haven't washed my face and brushed my teeth... and the kitchen is clean.

26. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Always smiling...unless I'm sleeping!

27. hoodieweather profile image60
    hoodieweatherposted 14 years ago

I wash my hands meticulously throughout the day.

smile

28. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Laugh, smile and love.

29. ViktoriaGrace profile image60
    ViktoriaGraceposted 14 years ago

I like to think I'm a considerate driver.  I make it a point to let someone in front of me at least one time per trip even when I'm in a rush.  (Unless you're one of those obnoxious people that practically rides the shoulder until the very last minute.  Those people get no niceties from me.)

30. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hmm, I put the toilet seat down 

and

smile at those whom never expect a smile. smile

31. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Some people just talk and talk. I smile and nod my head even when I haven't got a clue what they're on about. I'll file that under Good manners. lol

smile

32. Moonchild60 profile image75
    Moonchild60posted 14 years ago

I read this someplace once "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours".  So I smile at people who are not smiling at me.  Maybe they just needed a smile.  I also shower everyday and remember my manners.  One especially important one I think, is saying "excuse me" when I walk in front of people.  No one does that anymore and I think it is SO RUDE!!

33. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I try to find the positive in everything

34. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

I am quite emotional person .....

35. GNelson profile image60
    GNelsonposted 14 years ago

I try to learn something from everyone I meet.

36. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I hug my wife everyday and tell her how much I love her.

hmmm, how thoughtful and loving, where can i find somebody like that?

37. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I always smile

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will and you have a world class smile!

thanks!

38. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have a good habit of saving the change I get when out shopping to give to the lady selling those homeless magazines. The magazine is intended to raise awareness of the problems of homelessness while giving a homeless person the chance to do something productive and actually earn a bit of money. I think its a great program and while I never actually take a paper I have a huge amount of respect for the girl who sells them near my local shops and hope that it makes the difference in her life.

39. kkavya profile image57
    kkavyaposted 14 years ago

My habit is to trade forex like crazy, i feels happy to earn more than my lecturer.

Other habits is to listen to comedy.

40. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I drink plenty of water, and I read at least a few hubs or magazine articles every day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)