Why is it this way

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (68 posts)
  1. spease profile image60
    speaseposted 14 years ago

One thing I see in this forum.  It appears that the people that don't believe in God don't want to discuss anything. Most of the  posts are just name calling or basically saying you are stupid if you believe.  It would be nice if there was actually some serious debate on issues.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, what you like to talk about?

2. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They have no knowledge to share so to take part they resort to such childish methods. smile

I beg to differ.

Even a child can learn, when it's ranting or raving. The learning process doesn't stop, because one's attitude changes.

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Some are not here to share their knowledge as they dont have any or to learn but are here on a sadistic reason of poking fun at people who believe in god.

2. topgunjager profile image61
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

harsh words my friend, how can you preach all that good stuff and then judge us because we don't believe in what you believe in? it shows what a decent human being you really are=)

Why should I do , let someone call me names after showing proof that I am very qualified in the subject of spirituality and religion on  religious forum.
          I am not taking this crap, simple.
          I have gained knowledge of god and enlightenment and I am sharing this knowledge with humanity , try learning something.

Is your work ranked with Bibles and Qurans or is mine?

3. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Debate cannot exist between believers and non-believers.

You cannot seriously expect non-believers to indulge your fantasies. If you're hoping they would discuss 'God' with you, it would become a tacit admission on their part for the existence of God.

There is no debate to enter into.

I strongly believe in the existence of pink fairies. I now require and demand of you to enter into debate with me on the pros and cons of pink fairies. 

ho ho ho

So why come on a religious forum where the conversation is bound to revolve around the spirit and god.

1. LOT2DO profile image40
          LOT2DOposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Mohit lol

So, the religious forum is only for people who fight over whose god is the best?

When and where did hubpages tell that atheists are not allowed in this forum?

Or your god told you that way Lol?

No thats not what I meant.If you don't relate to and dont believe in god then what is your reason for being here.
            If it is only to mock then its is sad.

1. weblog profile image56
              weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those who believe in God don't mock at others in this forum? Are you sure only non believers do that?

1. Helen Cater profile image59
                Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I am a non believer and I do not mock. I just have no interest in it.

This is the correct approach unless one is sadistic.

Sure they do as there is a limit to tolerance.

1. weblog profile image56
                  weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mohit, I ask whether believers don't fight within themselves.

Forget it ,You are thinking of something else.

2. LOT2DO profile image40
              LOT2DOposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To enjoy your jokes tongue

1. tantrum profile image62
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. dingdong profile image58
                dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you think?

2. pretty twisted profile image58
        pretty twistedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ. There are many issues regarding God that non believers and believers can talk about. For instance, proof that God exists, or why they believe that there is a God?

As to your pro's and con's of pink faries. When debating there is no reason to say that their is pink faries, it can always be gotton around of by simply saying, 'if there was ...'

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, this thread didn't get too far before you saw that is impossible on this forum board.

it's human nature to believe that your own beliefs and opinions are correct. the sad part here is there seems to be no understanding of tolerance. and it's on both sides of the aisle, so you already came in pointing fingers. hmm

2. anjalichugh profile image68
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

Attacking and belittling others probably gives a boost to their ego. Calling the other one stupid is the only intelligent thing they can conceive of.

Well, I guess that depends on who you are talking about? Like, who specifically.

I can think of a few off the topic of my head, but won't say who they are, because the flare-up from it wouldn't come down for days.

But, to have a simple debate or conversation about 'religion' is to have two completely open people to carry-on a rational and sane subject.

Religion isn't rational, because it tells to believe in something outside reality.

If you are curious- reality, as defined by Aristotle- Reality exists. Reality exists free of independent thought(s), desire(s), will, or wishes. Reality is all knowable.

An example: I could say "cure for cancer", but we all know that is real, because we know it doesn't exist in reality. It has not been found or discovered, as of yet. But, once a CURE is found, it will become part of reality, because it will then exist.

If 'god' really wanted follower, worshippers or believers, that's all he had to is tell everyone. He is suppose to be all-powerful, all-knowing, always everywhere.

No, instead- man creates the 'god' concept out of thin air, and centuries later- we have a society that can't think for itself.

That's a shame.

Aristotle, Plato and many of the Greek philosophers talk of the immortality of the soul as being a reality.

Aristotle seen the true potential of mankind. Plato was a mystic.

Plato first defined reality, which was later re-defined by Aristotle.

A lot of western civilization was started based on Plato's thinking. Was later replaced by Aristotle's science and philosophy combine definition.

Science has yet to prove people even have a soul. So, that's out the window right off the bat.

Remember, if religion or any form of religious faith was never created by man, then the word soul and spirit, might not even be in existence.

You wouldn't even be talking about the soul of a person. The soul of a person is perception of others, as to the actions of an individual.

There is no soul 'type' concept to have been proven to exist.

1. Jewels profile image83
            Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can never prove the existence of something that is non physical.  The word Soul is a word.  Language is important in defining that which we wish to categorize as meaning something.  The word Soul is derived from ancient Greek literature in which psyche = soul = was defined as the seat of emotions, passions and lower rational faculties.

Now to say the Soul doesn't exist, is the same as saying the mind also doesn't exist.  The brain is the vessel for thoughts to become animated, ie it is the human organ through which consciousness becomes animated.  Now because you can't see the Mind, does that mean it doesn't exist?

The word Soul is a term.  The character traits of the human condition does exist.  Psychology is the study of human emotions and behavior, it is the profession that helps humans with the fact their minds are a twisted mess - ie their soul is not happy!

Thank you jewels. So nice to see you again.

Aristotle seen the true potential of mankind. Plato was a mystic.
            Both were philosophers/mystics.
            Intellectuals have been talking about the soul for such a  long time and the Greek philosophers did just that.

The earliest spiritual text the Holy Vedas means science.Earlier science incorporated the aspect of the soul or spirit and god as well.

There is no soul 'type' concept to have been proven to exist.

By science which doesn't know the source as well.Today science is spending billions of dollars in order to try and find the god particle, science is still learning.

2. spease profile image60
        speaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is that not thinking for yourself.  We all have to make decisions about what we believe. There are no facts that you can prove God does not exist.  What do you believe in?

I believe in facts. There are NO facts to prove GOD exists in the first place.

You show me facts that GOD exists and I'll be glad to believe in him.

Try not to turn this around, like you did in your statement.

Your statement- "There are no facts that you can prove God does not exist." Yes, I can- look at reality, the all knowable truth about what really does exist.

You can't touch GOD.

You can't smell GOD.

You can't hear GOD.

You can't see GOD.

And, you most certainly can not taste GOD.

YOU can't prove he exists.

It's not that I can't prove he doesn't exist. Reality says he doesn't exist.

The 'bible' is man-made.

What? And you probably think "Jesus Christ" was really a religious minister too? But, he wasn't.

He was born a Jew. He has no dealings with religious/spiritual leaders of his time, because he knew it wasn't real. It's the specific reason he told everyone not to believe in a false idol.

Jesus Christ was a human male. His younger years are hidden away, and left for people to speculate as to what and where he was during his teen years and into adult.

He was nothing special, but the time he lived was a crossroads for human evolution and he noticed many human beings being enslaved by religious/spiritual leaders of his time, and he was appalled by their actions.

He didn't die for the sins of mankind. He was executed because he would teach their heretic religious B.S.

Jesus and nothing special?

2. Jackson Riddle profile image48
            Jackson Riddleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you had that last bit in there Cagsil. If you choose to denounce God you can choose to do that and I'm not sure there are any real solid facts to back up his existence either but that is why they call Christianity a FAITH because you choose to believe in his existence. I'm not pushing you to believe in God but I hope that you find him some day, but hey at the end of the day it's your choice.

The choices you have are dictated by those with power over those who are powerless.

3. spease profile image60
            speaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your missing my whole point.  I'm saying people come on this forum and try to tear down people who believe in God.  The ones on here that do believe in God, don't try to tear down people like you that don't believe.

There are most likely things that you believe in that are not based on fact.  It takes faith on your part to believe that there is not something greater than man. It takes just as much faith to believe in Darwins theory of evolution, as it does to believe in creation. There are no facts to prove that man evolved from sea creatures and apes. 

Many part of his theory have big scientific problems.  If you believe in Global warming, that also takes a lot of faith.  There are no facts that prove global warming is happening. The facts over the last 10 years prove the opposite.

If we believe in God, and can't prove scientifically that he is real, why does that bother you?

And, you're right about the things you say, how ever, DARWIN's work wasn't finished and continues today.

As for "Evolution" and proof- LOOK in the mirror, my friend. And, you will receive your proof of evolution. Because, you are walking proof. 

Because you are living your life against the nature of man and woman. That means you are defying your own existence, even though you know you are alive and think for yourself.

The nature of man and woman is exclusively tied to your consciousness, your conscience and your sub-conscious. It all you need to live a prosperous, satisfying and happy life.

What you don't see is how you can.

4. ddsurfsca profile image71
            ddsurfscaposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  3. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

it would be nice if the non believers can get "real answers" i've never seen anyone give anything worth listening to, all the answers i get are based on "faith" you know, making a virtue out of not thinking=)

Meditate if you really want to understand.

My faith lies in knowing god .

1. dingdong profile image58
        dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faith LIES lol

2. tantrum profile image62

And you will never hear any answer worth listening to.
      They don't have the answers.
      they only have Faith.
      That ,as a fact, is Nothing.

3. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't base my answers on faith and the answers I'm looking for are not coming from people who tell me about faith.  If you are looking for experiences I can help you there.  But you have to want it.  But do you know what you are wanting?

4. Brian Leighton profile image57
    Brian Leightonposted 14 years ago

Respect, or lack of respect for other people and their beliefs possibly is a major contributing factor as to why it is this way.

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If I want to talk about horses I will go to a forum where they are talking about horses.
       If I want to create strife I will go to the fishing forum and insist on talking about horses.

6. Jerami profile image58

I must say that talking to people with a different belief than my own has straightened my beliefs. If I can have an open mind it is a good thing when my weakness is exposed to me. Examine that belief either reinforce it or pitch it aside.

7. Jerami profile image58

So I guess it is all GOOD

1. tantrum profile image62

YES IT IS  !
      Hi Jerami !

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have a great day Tantrum and everybody
          I gotta go climb a house in a few minutes, be back later

8. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

You can't make that choice yourself?

What choice are you talking about?

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

To believe in a higher power? Spock, please specify your comments about this... lol

Is it really a choice for those that do believe? Or is it just fear driving poor vision of what choice really means, so they can think themselves are special in some way?

Yes, a lot of people make choices, but with limited vision, knowledge and understanding of life, and those choices only shows your given them by those with power over those who are powerless.

You cannnot see past a choice you don't understand. You cannot see a choice, if you don't know it exists.

1. profile image0

Um, what?

What's wrong?

You make hundreds of choices every single day. Yet, you don't see the choices you could make.

Yes, there are choices you could make, but since you don't see them, you cannot choose from them.

Does that help?

Don't worry. You're doing fine. lol

1. profile image0

I'm glad you can see better than me, lest I bump into something creepy, like...Ahhh! Sorry, Spock you still do that to me. lol

Cute lol

9. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I excel at Cute. smile

I'm not so sure about that. lol

1. profile image0

Hey at least you're not evil Spock anymore. wink

I think that ya might br right?  Maybe

2. Jerami profile image58

Ya sound like you do anyway

10. Jerami profile image58

@   Denno 66
       I will right a letter about a man.
       I will put this letter in a time capsule.
       I will write about a man named Cagsil>
       I will describe as best as I know how to describe him with my limited knowledge.
       I will describe how well he fought for what he believed in.
       I will tell of all of his deeds as best as I understood them.

But 2000 years later The will say to who ever retells the story....

"I believe in facts. There are NO facts to prove Cagsil exists in the first place.

You show me facts that Cagsil exists and I'll be glad to believe in him.

Try not to turn this around, like you did in your statement.

Your statement- "There are no facts that you can prove Cagsil does not exist." Yes, I can- look at reality, the all knowable truth about what really does exist.

You can't touch Cagsil.

You can't smell Cagsil.

You can't hear Cagsil.

You can't see Cagsil.

Therefore The reality and science proves that Cagsil has never existed. Cagsil is a figment of imagination. He never existed so shudup about Cagsil. Until you can prove to me that he ever existed then admit that you believe in sky fairies. You are so stupid for believing in something that you can not prove.

Prove Cagsils  existence... Ya caint can ya.

Cagsil is a figmant of our imagination.

11. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

As for myself, my belief in God is very logical.  I asked Him for a sign, and He gave me one, a sign that I could not deny....therefore I believe in God, just as I believe in the air and the wind that I also cannot see, but trust and believe that it is and will be there for me to breathe.

12. ragnaworks profile image61
    ragnaworksposted 14 years ago

A lot of people in general tend to be very close-minded. Once they have worked out what they believe to be the truth, they shut out all other input or debate. People like to deal in absolutes a lot. They don't like feeling uncertain, especially with the big issues. And this goes for both the spiritual and secular sides of humanity. Many people from both sides tend to be quite stubborn, and intolerant of each other. It would be nice if more people could just open their minds to free debate and discussion, rather than devolve to play-ground banter and flame sessions. If people in general could have more respect for each other's opinions, there would be a lot less strife in the world. But a lot of times people tend to be condescending towards those who don't share their opinion. Sadly, that has been a constant throughout most of our history.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)