Amazon sales??

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (74 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Someone told me that she purchased products from Amazon via my hubs last week. This is not showing up on my affiliate account - not even any clicks! Why?? She said she got an email from Amazon that the items have been shipped already. I used the Amazon capsule to display the items on my hubs.

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
      deartfuldodgerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

than the sale went to hubpages...as you share impressions with them

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Oh. So HP gets 40% of Amazon sales, also? I didn't realize that.

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
      deartfuldodgerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

40% of all affiliates - ebay,amazon,adsense and kontera

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but wouldn't clicks show up on her account since it is on her hub?

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The click would be on HubPages impression. Habee's account would have no record of the page view or the click.

And if a person clicks through and makes several purchases during that session, all those sales are attributed to the person whom got the click.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Deartfuldodger. BTW, love your avatar and name!

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I wondered about that. Thanks.

5. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I wondered about this also.  HP gets 40% of the total sales money or 40% of the sales?  There is a big difference in the two situations.

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hp gets 100% of the sales generated when their id is served in a ad.

The amazon warehouse has many entrances, if the customer visits through the doorway with your id on it, you get a commission

only 6 out of 10 of the entrances have your name on them, and not every who walks by on the street even enters the warehouse.

if the customer walks through your door...it is 100% your sale, if they walk through hubpages door, it is 100% their sale.

so referring to your question, HP gets neither 40% of total sales money (revenue sharing) or 40% sales (actually, not sure what difference you intended)

They get a 40% chance that their door will appear..who knows what percentage of people even bother to enter

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I meant by 40% of the sales was HP getting 4 out of 10 sales while we get 6.  but you've explained the process.

Now, how can we check to see when our door is open and when HP's door is open?  Without this information the whole thing is a load, if you know what I mean!  This could explain some weird numbers though.

1. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's NOT how it works.  Go back and read what sunforged posted again.

2. darkside profile image66

HubPages gets 40% of the ad impressions.

Whether an ad impression gets a click thru is entirely on the whim or the intention of the visitor. Whether that click thru converts to a sale is entirely up to the needs or wants of the visitor.

Your door is open 60% of the time. There's no shenanigans. There's no weirdness.

2. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I didn't know hp also got their id on amazon as well.  I thought it was only for adsense.  sad  That sucks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What, you think HubPages should give you a great place to write for free?

If HubPages let us keep 100% of our Amazon and eBay sales, then all Hubbers would be setting their Adsense at "low" and setting up their Hubs to minimise Adsense ads, so they could drive the majority of traffic to Amazon and eBay.  Of course they all have to be the same.

7. Randy Godwin profile image61

Surely there is a more complete explanation of this process.  If my door is only open in the wee hours of the night I am going to be P.O.ed.

nah...you could set up your own ad server on your own page that followed simple logic rules and did the same type of function in less than a n hour w/ a little research.

the function just adds a little string to each url at random intervals that ultimately equals a percentage that you set..On my own pages, i may set it to serve a Yahoo networks ad 20% of the time, google ads 60% and chitika the other 20%...the application does all the math and the proportions for me and certainly has no bias towards an ad network

maybe its not 6 out of 10. maybe its 60 out of 100 - maybe each hub has an amazon capsule - and 3 out of the 4 links have your id..whatver way it works out Im sure its not slanted towards a time or anything human monitored that should concern you (lots of times, HP id is only served at 30%!)...if sales or clicks are below what you wish...either amp your overall traffic or create more focused sales orientated hubs

How can you be so sure?  How do I find out how much HP has made on Amazon through my hubs compared to my earnings?  This should tell the tale.

Strictly speaking, the ad impressions that HubPages tells us that we get in the FAQ are what we get. No ifs or buts.

Whether a person clicks thru or buys on any given impression has no influence by HubPages. They can't try and serve their ad impression on a guaranteed sale. That would require the ability to predict the future.

Comparing earnings wouldn't prove anything. And HubPages don't know how much we've earned, and I doubt that they'll disclose their earnings to us either.

2. darkside profile image66

Or even as low as 20%. Depending on whether the author was referred when signing up and and if the traffic comes from another persons tracker URL to the hub.

8. Randy Godwin profile image61

Sorry to act so suspicious, but I've discovered writing sites are too secretive about the whole sharing process.  I am going to remove my Amazon capsules as the numbers do not make sense to me.  Until a better, clearer way to see the Amazon results are provided I just won't use Amazon.  No big deal!

I know what you mean. They do their calculations based on a secret recipe. No one know how much they're making before giving the writers their 'fair share'. But here's the thing, HubPages revenue model is the simplest and fairest. You're being distracted by other suppositions which aren't a part of the equation.

We get 60% of the ad impressions. Be it Adsense, Ebay or Amazon. HubPages gets what's left (which might be 40% or depending on other circumstances such as referrers, they share their share with others).

Because it's an ad impression, there is no sale. There is no revenue. What revenue comes about is something that is purely up to the actions of the visitor. HubPages can't manipulate something that they can't know what's going happen.

As for your concern on your door only being open in the wee small hours of the night. Whose night? There's 24 hours in a day and as many time zones. Even if it's just the normal business hours of the U.S. there's still a few time zones there. Despite that, they don't batch or cram peoples ad impressions. You'll get about 6 in 10 views. And if you go to the effort to check it and you happen to get only 5 in the next 10, then check again and you'll probably see the next 1 or 2 impressions being yours anyway. As Sunforged has said, you'll get 60 out of 100.

Whichever way you cut it, you get 60%. HubPages aren't fiddling with figures or doing anything suspicious. They're not laying claim to the most profitable 40% of the day.

Nope, still smells to me.  I do not trust any writing site to be completely honorable when money is involved.  I have already been through this with other writing sites and they all have their "paid" members pushing their agendas.  Are there any such people here?  Who knows?  But I don't make enough money from the Amazon program to bother with if the numbers are correct.  So for now, goodbye Amazon!

Maybe that's why HubPages can keep their honour intact, because they don't handle the money.

Once you figure out the ad impressions/page view split is fair, honest and consistent you might realise that there's no smell.

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I've had no clicks or impressions with amazon. I must not be targeting their needs. When I check the stats, they are 0 on everything.  I guess I'll try a product hub and see what happens.

Last month I had my best month ever. This month, impressions, but so far no ones bought anything.

I thought I was on a roll!

I don't have that many hubs yet, and my ads aren't on every hub, so I guess some of it is averages, etc. it must feel good when someone buys from your ad.

10. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I've been toying with no more amazon too.  If I'm not making any money or getting any clicks, doesn't make sense to write to the product & try to sell it.

yeah, I've spent a lot of time figuring out what I want to sell...

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a notebook page full of ideas, but whats the point if I am not making any money?  Not going to waste my time.  Yes there are some here who do well, but they are in the minority.

I seem to get plenty of clicks, just not many sales.  It is too much trouble putting that junk on my hubs for chump change.  Besides, I find it odd when you know someone has bought items and it doesn't show up on your sales report.  Perhaps a little more investigation is called for. 

This makes me wonder about the Adsense clicks too.  I assumed 40% of the ads on the hub were HP's and 60% were mine.  The whole open door thing seems hokie to me.  I had rather HP took their cut out of the whole thing instead of using the "your turn, my turn" system.  This does explain why some days I make adsense money and some days nada.

2. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Jane. I would much rather a visit to my page turns into an Ad click, than Amazon. I had 377 Amazon clicks with not one sale. No point when I could earn lots more from AdSense. Why work hard for them when you get nothing back. At least with AdSense it is regular money.

This whole "your door" "HP's door" thing seems strange to me.  Does Adsense work the same way?  I assumed 40% 0f the ads on the hub belonged to HP.  You know, the ones which have nothing to do with the content in the hub.  There's just no way to tell without comparing our stats with HP's.

1. Helen Cater profile image61

40% of the time hubpages AdSense ID is on your hub, and the other 60% it is your adsense ID. I trust this as I have had great adsense earnings. It's not a 60/40 split over 24hrs, but 40% hubpages gets all the affiliate earnings, and 60% of that time we get all affiliate earnings.

Thanks Helen, how do you know this for sure?

1. Helen Cater profile image61

You can see when your ID is being used, and when HP is being used, and I have money per click which can be seen in my adsense account. I am not sure how you do this, but I am sure sunforged, or darkside can answer this. I have heard people say there ID is on, but no clue how to do it myself. Sometimes you have to trust. Just listen to all the good things hub members are saying. We cannot all be wrong, and hubpages staff do talk about these things. I am sure if you emailed them they would be only too happy to tell you.

Thanks a lot for your info Helen and I do detest being so leery of this site.  The reason I am so suspicious is because I have trusted writing sites and in turn got screwed out of money and worse of all, it makes it hard to trust anything which seems strange.  I promise you, I do not like being this way but I tend to learn things by past happenings.  Thanks again!

11. Randy Godwin profile image61

what a coincidence!  I started removing my Amazon ads last night and lo and behold, this morning I had two sales.  These sales were for products not advertised on my hubs at all.  P-yew!

12. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Personally, I dont even begin to judge how effective a campaign is relating to a hub until its 3 months old or is indexed on teh first page of google and receiving 75+ views a day.

Some seem to be writing off an income opportunity without giving the time required to make a proper judgement.

Personally, I get clicks on average in the .75 -2.50 a click range..i think those that dont do detailed keyword reserach and targetting ar eprobably seeing more like .10/ per click (tell me if im wrong)

A viewer will clcik adsense because they are easily distracted, your writing isnt interesting or they came searching for something unrelated to oyur topic...but maybe an adsense link seems promising.

ebay and amazon are nothing like that...people dont pull out their credit cards and enter log in info on a whim.

your hub has to be targetting people in a buying mood...you want "buy an ipod" traffic not "whats an ipod" traffic if you expect sales.

or you have to describe and sell a product so well that they feel they must have it now

Its very easy to make more on amazon than with adsense if you target common but expensive items - something where your 4%-6% commish beats out your potential ad clicks. cell phones, dvd boxed sets, the newest hardcover books, video games...plus whatver niche you are aware of that i am not

Ive sold a bunch of $300+ ps3's...an adsense click would have been worth like .60 cents max an amazon sale is worth around $12.50!

before giving up on a program or opportunity i suggest having an understanding of where your traffic comes from and why

that all being said, i dislike amazon, i hate the short cookie life and the low commission and im doing terrible this month. But 3 or 4 bigger sales this week could turn that around.

but if amazon doesnt fit your writing and marketng style, by all means cut it out immediately...as those are clicks that MAY have gone to adsense instead

I do understand what you are saying and I do not disagree with your points about sales.  But how would you feel if Hp were making as much or more than you with their 40% share.  Not saying they are, but do you know this isn't the case? 

I am really not trying to be difficult or cause strife here, it's just that I've been burned on these sites before and this has made me cynical about the sites and some of it's inner workings.  I mean, how hard is it to be open and honest about all of the financial dealings.  These type sites have their own "recipe" or "algorithms" which are so secret no one really knows for sure if the shares are accurate.

Once again, not trying to cause trouble, but when questions are answered in a certain way I get suspicious, perhaps it's just me.  The old "fool me once" thing I suppose.  I also wonder if HP has people masquerading as ordinary members like the other sites too, but they are eventually found out so time will tell.

Anyway, things are what they are so I will deal with it.  Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

13. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I have had lots of amazon clicks but as yet no sales, however I think this pretty normal. I mean people don't buy something from every shop they ever visit, so why would it be any different on line? Also I have not experienced a christmas on hubpages as yet so before I do anything drastic I want to see what happens first. smile

14. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

This came up in another forum thread and Sunforged & Darkside's explanations here are the best I've seen on the topic.  Thanks guys!

No one wants to feel they MAY be getting the short end, but as many have said, HubPages is one of the fairest out there. 

The only way to keep all the money is to do it all yourself.  Most don't have the ability, time, etc. to do that.

Shall we go write another hub?  smile

Still nothing concrete other than opinions unless someone, somewhere, has been informed by staff about these things.  I hate being suspicious but can you blame me?

I do not expect to keep more than my due and it really isn't all about the money.  Money is just a fringe benefit to me as I have other means of income.  I would however, like to be able to trust this site to a certain extent at least.

I'm sure you meant nothing by it but your "shall we go write another hub?" is so reminiscent of the stewards or paid members on other sites when a controversial question is asked.  Not accusing you or HP, it just sent gave me a bad feeling when i read it.  Thanks again!

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only thing I meant by my comment was that I needed to get back to writing a hub I was working on and thought others might realize they needed to too.  The forums can consume a lot of time.  Sorry that it too struck you the wrong way.

No problem KCC, just Deja vu from dealing with unscrupulous "paid" volunteers on other sites.  I dislike those "cheerleaders" who quickly try to quell any dissent about controversial topics on those sites.  These people are the lowest of the low as they act like they are helping you when they are told by the powers-that-be to do this.  I know this for a fact because former "helpers" felt guilty for doing this and admitted this to me in private conversations.

I am not saying this is so here, but if it is it will come to light eventually.  Thanks for your help.

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
            KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I only wish HP paid me.  smile

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The data needed to keep us honest is all in the page itself.  As Darkside and others have explained, the affiliate codes are placed in the page as it loads and before the user has had any chance to interact with it.  Further, who's share it is is chosen at random without regard for the time of day or any other factor.

I explained a simple way for someone with moderate technical skills to do a basic test a couple of years ago.  InspirePub did her own test and came to this conclusion.  If anyone else would like to run a test, they are welcome to do it.  Ideally they would also publish the code or methodology that they used so that it can be independently verified.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply Paul.  I have found that the people, both members and staff, of Hubpages have the best attitude of any writing site I have encountered.  HP's method of sharing the revenue from the affiliates (after I finally understood it) seems to be fair for both HP and the members.

I feel so much better now about putting my articles on the site.  Sorry if anyone was angered by my questions.  Thanks again.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(nods)

i have made seven amazon sales and get 4.25 % of those sales...i just have a question - do you have to wait for your first payout when you reach $100 like Google?

thanks.

15. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

not that i think it will ease your suspicions, but I have personally checked for my id in each of the capsules.

If you wanted to do a quick test.

open any hub of yours
    im using yours as an example..

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Season-a … -Woodstove
    right click the link in the capsule and paste into notepad or word or google doc, an email...just whatever you find convenient

i copied  an amazon ad  and pasted it below

http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-Safe-T-Fl … Q02%26tag%in amazon, most of our ids end with -20 so they are easy to find within the code 3Dhubpages-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0009XCFOC

do this ten times, but hit f5 (refresh) in between so the page is reloaded

http://www.amazon.com/RUTLAND-59F-6-HEA … B001G6QFB0

http://www.amazon.com/RUTLAND-59F-6-HEA … B001G6QFB0

http://www.amazon.com/Vogelzang-BK100E- … B0018JBFS8

http://www.amazon.com/Vogelzang-BX42E-D … B000765NXQ

http://www.amazon.com/Vogelzang-BK100E- … B0018JBFS8

i only did it 5 times.

hubpages03bb-20 (appeared 3 times) (maybe you made a specific id just for hubpages use?)

hubpages-20 (appeared 2 times).. I know this is the hubpages id

You can do this with any of teh affiliate links when you know your own id

I dont need to test adsense...analytics shows 100% of my views and adsense always has an impression number that is 60% of that

..looking at the topics of your hubs, do you think that outdoors/woodsman type people are very likely to buy online? ,many of the topics involve big products, regulated products and things people rather touch and experience before committing to a purchase...I dont think its a shop online type of crowd

Thank you very much for the information, sunforged.  This helps a lot.  My son is an IT for the state government and I'm sure he can help me with all of this, but I hate to ask him since he works on computers all day.

Sorry to be so suspicious but I have my reasons.  I find your remark about outdoors/woodsmen very humorous.  Many are doctors, lawyers, etc.  I don't suppose you are familiar with these types of people, they come from all walks of life.  Many hunters pay over $1000 per day to hunt and many are very rich.  The number of sales made and to whom they are sold isn't my main concern though.  Thanks for being patient!

i guess Im not! Im a city dweller (and a former eagle scout) i have to head out to the country in order to 4 wheel, snowmobile, hunt (if i so desired) etc. Everyone I know who is into these activities (although, many have very respectable jobs..some 100k+) just arent likely to buy any of these types of products online..i didnt mean they were  incapable of using the internet!..just that they rather head over to the local motorsports store, sit on a sled, try on a jacket and a helmet..these are just hands on type of products. As i mentioned. regulated products -weapons,ammo etc isnt mail order.

I was not suggesting that outdoorsman dont have the ability to use the internet.

As an exact opposite comparison, technology related articles/geek type articles are terrible for adsense revenue..why? ..because the crowd that is searching for teh info is well aware that adsense is an ad and knows there will not likley be anything of value at the end of that link...knowing your traffic and their habits can allow you to make the subtle changes that can significantly increase your returns

16. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

for the work, you still get 60% of impressions. HP doesn't touch the money. they have said many times that they optimize timeshare of the 60/40. just remember when it's an optimum time in your area to search the web, it's night time in another, and when you're sleeping, it's an optimum time to search the web somewhere else.  we don't all go to bed at the same time, so impressions are pretty much safe all over the board.

If they make more than me, then so be it, next time it'll be my chance. I do well for myself writing here, and in 8 months, it's hard to challenge much because it takes time to really start earning. It's not HP, it's the traffic and niche that one chooses to write about.

I do not know the statistics as to when the most traffic takes place, but I'm sure there are some out there.  It seems to me there would be some countries which clicked ads more than most.  I cannot see countries with non-English speaking populations clicking as much as those that do.  This will be interesting to research.

17. KCC Big Country profile image86

Perhaps you could let HP know for me and then tell them to let everyone else know.  I'm ok with that.  smile

No problem!

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

If you're so suspicious of Hubpages, or other writing sites, then start your own site for your creative or commercial endeavors and you can have 100% of your impressions.

One of the advantages of using Hubpages for me is the rapid indexing of hubs and the high placement in the SERPs. I sell lots of products on my hubs and lately my adsense has been doing remarkably well. It's just one more piece of my financial pie.

I also have many websites that I own completely. There are pros and cons to both. While I would never use Hubpages 100% for my commercial endeavors, it is creating a very nice cashflow.

Thanks Nelle, I may start my own site eventually.  I do not wish to give the impression of accusing HP of doing anything unethical in any way.  I am just trying to understand how the system works.

I am not complaining about my Amazon sales or Adsense clicks.  I really do not know if they are low, average, or high for the small amount of hubs I have.  My hub score?  Who in the heck knows how this is calculated? 

But I do enjoy Hubpages and the people here for the most part.  I'm glad so many of you are giving me assurances of honesty and fairness by Hubpages.  This goes a along way to making me want to publish more articles here.  Thanks again.

19. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Something else we need to know about Amazon ...

A click only equates to a sale when a customer orders a product within the specified period of time (I *think* it's 24 hours). Regardless, if they order after that time then the money all goes to Amazon and you just get an empty and worthless click.

What can a hubber do to up their odds? Create immediacy ... Make the product so enticing that they want to order it right away.

Sorry to say, but writing an article about fishing in Canada won't sell many fishing polls, but an article saying how you pulled in a big one with a Muskagee poll and you were amazed it didn't snap - well, that just might sell some fishing polls.

Selling products isn't about telling a story and hoping someone will click ... it's about helping a customer realize this is the product that will fulfill their needs and they need to buy it right away! smile

I work in retail at a computer store, which is a small mom and pop surrounded by Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, and other big stores. People come in for our hometown atmosphere, gather some info ... and if they walk out that door with what we told them, they buy elsewhere. If we demand that they buy, they do the same. But if we get them excited about the product they get the 'buy now' sign on their own and buy the product.

As article writers we need the same mentality. Sell your articles to your ads and products. Get the customer excited. Give them a belief that they need product XYZ then allow them to scan over your hub to find the place to buy it ... and they will.

Leading the bull by the horn just gets you gored ... instead, whisper into his ear about the green pasture over yonder and watch the bull walk its way over on its own. smile

20. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Wow! Me thinks I opened a can o' worms here!

Hi, RD. Why are you still awake? Did you tell the judge about the baby?

Deed I did!

21. johnr54 profile image48
    johnr54posted 14 years ago

It's pretty straightforward.  If you don't trust the people here, just move on and use the time you are wasting carrying on about how much you don't trust them to develop your own site.  It's probably a good move anyhow.  I'd never put all my eggs in one site.

If you want to get a check on how well they handle the split of ad impressions, go to your Google Analytics and see what kind of percentage of your overall page impressions generate Adsense impressions.  If you are like me, out tens of thousand of page impressions each month pretty close to 60 percent of them generate Adsense impressions.  Tells me they seem to be playing straight there at least.

On top of that, my Amazon sales typically generate more income than the Adsense, so I'm guessing they are giving me a fair shake on that as well.

As far as Ebay is concerned, they can have them all with this new quality click scoring, and I consider Kontera too annoying to use.

I'm sorry you think my questions about Hubpages is "carrying on about how much I distrust them."  I tend to ask questions about things I'm not certain of.  Considering my past experience with other sites I do not consider wanting to understand how things work here unreasonable.  You can make up your own mind about that, it's fine with me.  I doubt seriously you have had the same experiences though or perhaps you might understand my concerns.

After having the members on this thread respond to my queries I  now have a better understanding of the way things work here.

22. KCC Big Country profile image86

No, for Amazon, it's $10 for direct deposit.  If you get a check, it's $100.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks! it's funny, i'm just a little under halfway there for both Adsense and Amazon. well, back to hubbing... wink

23. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 14 years ago

I posted this yesterday on another forum thread.  It's another way to test that you're getting 60% of the page impressions.  If you're on the East Coast or in Europe or in a completely different time zone than Google and HubPages, you may have to get up in the middle of the night, but it should work...

How to Tell You're Getting 60% of Page Impressions--Easy Method

24. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

If you want to make money from Amazon, you really should take a good look at Nelle Hoxie's Amazon hubs.  I've gotten clicks on Amazon since last month once I tried to model Nelle's hubs and they work.  I'm going to get my first payout from Amazon instead of Adsense, which is a surprise to me.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am so glad to here that. Keep writing those shopping hubs and it will add up!

25. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

No wonder i got no money via amazon even after i sold PC components worth $4000 (Linked back ppl my hub links so that they buy from me ,in forums!)

26. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I don't bother with amazon at all. it discriminates against some countries, and mine is one of them. smile

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazon also discriminates against some hubbers who live in certain U.S. states. Hubpages needs to find more hubber friendly affiliate programs.

27. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

really?

hmm interesting.

in any case, i hope by this time next year i am raking in the dough wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)