Why is Hub Score important?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. dyesebel10 profile image63
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

I feel good when my score is going up. I feel important and get noticed by others.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dyesebel, if your goal in posting these threads is to "get noticed" (as you mentioned elsewhere), you'll get more positive attention by participating meaningfully in existing threads than posting these questions.

2. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you said is so true about being noticed by others.  When your Hub score is up, you get good recognition.

Always, your Hub score is a reflection of the quality of your writings.  Aim for quality, and your Hub score will always be higher than lower.

2. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

It isn't important. Most people you should keep it over 75 though.
    http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/11/21/WinkMurder460.jpg
    ~thranax~

3. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

The only time hub score is important is if you're using it for backlinks to another blog or website. If you're not, it's irrelevant.

4. Blogging Erika profile image66
    Blogging Erikaposted 14 years ago

It's hard to NOT focus on your HubScore, I know!  I believe your HubScore affects how prominent it is here on hubpages.com but I don't think it affects how your pages rank on the search engines.  With the caveat that, as others have mentioned, if the page's score is below 75 you won't get any backlink credit.

1. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to know.Thanks

5. profile image56
    Siew Chengposted 14 years ago

I use the hubs to provide back links to my blogs, so it's good when the hub score is above 75.  The backlinks will become Do Follow, instead of no-follow

6. creativeone59 profile image67
    creativeone59posted 14 years ago

Thank God, the lowest my hub score was is 89 and that even that scared me. I don't want yo go beyond 89.  creativeone59

7. jahid222 profile image42
    jahid222posted 14 years ago

thanks

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I think too many people get fixated on their hubber score and they think that commenting in the forums is going to make a big difference. I haven't found that it makes a big difference and some of the comments seem so 'fake', like people are just commenting to make a comment or to get attention. 

I think some threads, if they interest you, are nice to comment on, but find more satisfaction in commenting on or reading and rating hubs.

don't worry about it.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that too many get fixated on this score.  Rather than look at it as a sign of excellence or prestige in this HP community, look at it as a sign of excellence in terms of your own achievements.

2. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree here - thanks big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It always kind of surprises me (shouldn't at this point, I guess) when someone mentions commenting on forum threads as a way to try to get noticed or get a HubScore up.  I actually come by the forums for a little "entertainment"  (a few laughs, to discuss/debate something - whatever may be here that will offer me a little break from whatever else I'm doing).  Often there are ideas/inspiration for writing a new Hub (or something else).  It's true that if you show up in the forums and someone happens to like something you say, there's a chance that person will become your fan (oopsie - "follower"); but I really think, whether it's your Hubs or forum participation or anything else on HubPages, when all is said and done (and naive as it seems), just writing something you think offers readers something, and being genuine in your HubPages "doings" works well.  Traffic matters most with earnings, but as long as you just bring something genuine in some way scores are generally fine and not something to be thinking about. If your score is good and high you have a better margin-of-error when it drops.

If I were to guess about one thing people should always do if they want their HubScore up it, my guess would be everyone should always run spell-check on their Hubs; and even if you don't write in MS Word, do a quick paste into it and see what it comes up with for any grammar "issues" it detects.  I think doing that might prevent some Hubs from getting voted down just because someone was "horrified" (lol) by too many spelling problems or blatant grammar/format "issues".   I just think you don't have to worry about your HubScore.  If you put it in a little genuine effort it will be good enough, probably better than that.

9. Andrea Hanly profile image57
    Andrea Hanlyposted 14 years ago

I joined a few months ago and have been pretty inactive. As a result my score is low and my links are no follow. The backlinks to my sites are important to me, so I will be a steady contributor from now on. It is a smart way to run the site as it makes people have to stay active in order to get any benefit out of it.

10. BEAUTYBABE profile image69
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

My scores too on my hubs are starting to fall on some of the ones I wrote earlier,  when I first started. They were in the high 80's now high 60's. I am not well enough to keep up with all of them. However, I am not happy with them coming down either. Can anyone suggest some way I can stop this from happening? I am a bit unsure about linking. However, I do have a website now from somewhere else but I am unsure as to how to link it with my hubpages. I would appreciate any help that could assist me with my problems. BB

1. kcnck profile image59
      kcnckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want I can create back links for your hubs. You may  mail me.

2. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just took a quick scan (and I know your post was now two days ago), and your Hubs' scores look like they've gone up.  Sometimes if you write a new Hub your score will go down, and new Hubs go in low and have to work their way up over a few days.

11. OregonWino profile image62
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

It also seems like there is not an exact correlation between your HUBBER score and your hub scores.  Some of my best hubs (in terms of traffic, links, comments and content) can have lower scores.

12. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

i would use the Hubscore as a general guide to teh quality of teh writing and construction of your Hubs.  Nothing else.

13. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

With a higher hubscore you will get more fans. As simple as that - the people that go around spam fanning others always start with the biggest scrores and then go down the list.

1. OregonWino profile image62
      OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont know about that, I think it also has a lot to do with how much interaction you have in the community (forums etc.)

1. Karina S. profile image60
        Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think both of you are right

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)