How do I add a picture into my text block?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Musician Resourceposted 16 years ago

Hi. No message, other than the title. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

How do I add a picture into my text block?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You can't.  But, you can add it to a photo block.

2. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

I'd like to know that, too. Also, what about illustrations, cartoons, videos? Do you need to buy stuff? Do you have to worry about copyrights?

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

You can add a photo to a photo capsule by either uploading it from your computer or importing it from a URL (right click on an image and select properties to find the URL).   If you want a photo capsule to appear with your text, you can move it to the right using the right arrow to make it half width, and then use the up and down buttons to position it next to your text.

You can embed a video from You Tube into a hub using the video capsule, either using  the URL to the page the video is on or the embed tag.

You are responsible for the content in your hubs (see #3), so I would recommend using images that you have created, obtained permission to use, or that are in the public domain.

4. AshleyP profile image38
    AshleyPposted 16 years ago

Thank you, Paul. That was VERY helpful. Sincerely, M R

5. William F. Torpey profile image71

That's great information, Paul. Is there a way I can practice putting photos on a hub without messing up an existing hub? Also, how would I know if a photo I see on You Tube, or elsewhere, is in the public domain (or, if not, how would I go about getting permission to use a photo?) Forgive me for asking such basic questions, but I'm trying to learn step-by-step, and I've obviously got a long way to go.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Youtube don't have photos. But that aside, you can use any video you wish on Youtube. there's a gray area in that you shouldn't get in trouble with embedding the video, because Youtube are hosting it.

If you are using a video and there's a problem with copyright infringement then the person making that claim takes it to Youtube, the video is removed and it will not show up on your Hub.

Also if a person owns a video and uploads it they can restrict it's use being used elsewhere. They can disable embedding.

You can play around and experiment as much as you like in your hubs with the capsules. you won't break anything. And once you're done viewing it and seeing it published you can always go back in and delete that capsule.

I'm half way through writing a Hub on Capsules. I've already published it because it's got a big chunk of information ready to read on using Content Capsules. Early next week I'll update it with information on Revenue Capsules and how to add and reorder.

6. William F. Torpey profile image71

That's very helpful, darkside. I appreciate it. I read your capsules hub. It's terrific. It will take me a while to drift through it all, but now I can begin experimenting. Not knowing how to put photos and links onto my hubs is a great disadvantage, I'm sure. This information puts me on the right path. Thanks.

7. William F. Torpey profile image71

I'm trying to add a photo and a video to a new hub I'm doing at this moment. However, on the photo, after I found the URL and hit "load images" I got the message: "Unrecognized file type, you should upload a jpeg, or png file." What does this mean? I'm stuck!
    Also, I successfully put a video on my hub, but it's all the way on the bottom of the page. I tried the arrows on my IBM Think Pad but they don't move the video. I must plead for help once again.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

What was the URL for the image?

8. William F. Torpey profile image71

Somehow, after playing around a bit, I got the video for my hub placed satisfactorily, so I'm going to publish it as is. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the headshot placed in the hub, but the video will do. In trying to get the photo on the hub I somehow wound up putting the photo on my desktop about 25 times. Don't ask how I did it; I have no idea!

9. William F. Torpey profile image71

Thanks for responding, darkside. When I right click on the picture, this is the website it shows:

http://www.americantowns.com/img/upload … vocalist_0

The site that I took the picture from is this:

http://www.americantowns.com/ny/hartsda … l_vocalist

I tried both of them, but the picture would not go on the capsule for either one.

I published the hub anyway because, somehow, I was able to get the video on it (I'm not sure I would be able to do it again -- It's very tricky.

10. William F. Torpey profile image71

I'm still not sure how I did it, but I was able to get a picture on my Crosby hub. But I think I owe my success to trial and error. Maybe it will eventually get easier.

11. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 16 years ago

The reason, I believe, you had a problem is that there's no .jpg at the end of that file.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)