Canadian Thread eh?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Just a thread to meet other Canadians and for other countries to join in.

Oh no, I feel the jokes already.

No we don't live in igloos

Yes we get cable TV

Yes we drink beer but not as much as .....well, yes we do

No, there is not snow all year round

and no, we are not all either Eskimos or Indians

But we are friendly

Thanks eh.

xo

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't wreck our image, I like to shock everyone about not being able to get from one Igloo to the other unless we have snowshoes strapped on our feet. But we've progressed ans now build modern highrises out of snow and ice too and call them H-ighloos.... don't ya just lov'em, eh

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha
      might as well be Maine.....most people say....gasp...thats still in the us!!??!!?? except Canada, they dont want us either...

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have an igloo, so speak for yourself smile

2. profile image0

awesome eh

NEW RULE - ALL POSTS MUST INCLUDE THE WORD EH

ok eh?

THANKS

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

You like to create interesting forums, yes, no, EH?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

We had snow today for the first time this month, eh

5. profile image0

Did you build a snowman, eh?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Only flurries, eh.

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Sharpen your skates or wax the skiis yet? eh! big_smile lol

8. profile image0

Curling is around the corner then, eh?

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

...and the Olympics! I love curling, eh and my Timmy's.

1. profile image52
      painterchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh don't say the word Timmy's, eh!?! I miss it! (moved to south US, ...NO Timmy's anywhere!) I import the coffee, have a Tim Hortons coffee maker but it's not the same if it's not in the brown paper cup. Have one for me y'all, eh!!

I am mystified as to the Great Love of Tim Horton's I find everywhere I travel in Canada...

Actually, not everywhere. In Québec they do not dominate the market. Could it have something to do with Quebeckers' superior tastebuds? (Only half-joking!)

10. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I love Olympic curling, eh?
    I'm glad I live close enough to Canada that I can get the GOOD hockey coverage! eh!
    I have a handful of Twoonies. Toonies? Sorry I don't know how to spell that.

11. profile image0

It would make me want to become a Canadian, eh?

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

eh?

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scary, eh?

12. wyanjen profile image69

Some of my family are Canadian immigrants, eh?
    I live on the border. Stores here accept Canadian change as if it is American currency.
    I've learned to make sure all my money is American if I travel out of state. Folks seem to think you are trying to commit fraud if you pay for something with a Canadian dime, eh?

13. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello all great people...eh?

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79

It's toonies, eh

15. profile image0

Canadian money is still prettier, eh?

16. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

we cool?

1. profile image0

Talking to me?

17. wyanjen profile image69

Toonies... thanks!
    We have dollar coins here but nobody ever seems to use them.
    Same for two dollar bills.

So, hello and happy holidays my Candian friends. smile

Question, eh? Is the word Canuck an insult?

18. Cagsil profile image71

Hey Kim,

You're almost at 300 fans. Awesome job! big_smile

1. profile image0

Um, eh?

19. Uninvited Writer profile image79

And one dollar coins are loonies, eh smile
    Nope, Canuck is not an insult.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Canuck....definitely not an insult. lol big_smile

1. profile image0

Eh?

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

eh?  you forgot your eh?

Oh, well, eh? lol

3. wyanjen profile image69
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, because I say it A LOT.

What is an insult then? I need to replace "Canuck", eh?

lol (j/k guys)

20. profile image0

Canadians kick ass eh?

good to see you again eh?

1. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey, sorry for walking in uninvited, but are non canadians welcome? yikes

I'm not Canadian, but I'm here. lol eh?

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

...mmmm, we'll have to see; passport please

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Just as long as you say eh...

22. profile image0

eh?

23. Uninvited Writer profile image79

We killed the Sarah Palin thread, eh?

24. profile image0

She killed herself, eh?

25. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 14 years ago

eh!  Had to pop in to join the Canadians! And yes, we do kick ass eh!

26. profile image0

eh?

27. profile image0

what pass me a beer eh?

28. Cagsil profile image71

bump, eh? lol

29. profile image0

Get some beer, eh?

30. Uninvited Writer profile image79

A 2 4, eh?

31. profile image0

I would need a Keg, then, yes, no, eh?

32. Frugal Fanny profile image61
    Frugal Fannyposted 14 years ago

I'm a Canuck, and I *have* to share my stereotyping story with you guys!

I used to work as a room attendant at a hotel, some years ago. We had this cart full of our supplies that we wheeled along with us, and parked right in front of the room doors.  There was this convention in town, and many of it' guests were staying at this hotel.  Oil company owners and workers, I think. There were a lot of very typical Dallas-Soap-Opera types there: powder-pastel suits, ten gallon hats, bolo ties, snake skin boots, and thick southern drawl.

This was in July, in Ottawa... when it was some 30 celsius out in the shade.

I'm standing at my cart, picking out what I need for the room I'm working on, and these two guys come back to their rooms on either side of mine.  Pastel suits and everything.  They have skiing equipment with them.  In July.  One of them is trying his key-card on his door, and it's not working.  He says to his buddy: "Hey, mine don't work, does yours?" and his buddy says: "Yup, mine works.  Maybe you can get that pretty lady to let you in. Does she speak english?" 

Naturally, all Canadians speak French as well as English.  It's in the rulebook, right?  With my total butchery of the french language, I just HAD to do it....

I make like I don't understand when the first guy asks me something.  He whips out his french-english dictionary and says, very slowly, something that sounds like: "Parless voos le frankase?" So, I said yes.  Then, when he laboriously asked me how to fix his keycard, I spewed a bunch of rubbish that would have translated into something like "the purple puppy sits on the toilet on the roof of the hotel, go there."

He's flipping furiously through his dictionary, with a confused look on his face. 

After a while, I just said: "You know, if you'd asked me in english, I'd have answered you back properly the first time. You go to the front office to have them reissue you a card."

Good thing he laughed... cause if he complained, I might have gotten canned then and there.  lol

Oh, and he put his skis away. big_smile

33. Frugal Fanny profile image61
    Frugal Fannyposted 14 years ago

eh?

34. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Hilarious story smile Skiing in July roll

Do you like Degrassi, eh?

1. Frugal Fanny profile image61
      Frugal Fannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I used to like Degrassi when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, eh?  I was like: "Sweet". But then, it got all lame and stuff, and then I was like: "Whatever".  But then, when my bff said she didn't like the new Degrassi shows because they were all just 80's throwbacks, I was like: "I know, right?"

lol
      Know what I mean, eh?

35. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Canadians talk a bit funny, eh?

36. Rayalternately profile image60
    Rayalternatelyposted 14 years ago

Canadians: Like Americans but thinner and less likely to shoot me! big_smile

that's the stereotype, eh?

37. donna bamford profile image60
    donna bamfordposted 14 years ago

Hey it's November 27 and haven't had snow yet.  The mildness is nice but I miss the snow. Does any body else out there like snow?

Nah.  I moved from Ottawa, Ontario to Victoria, BC, just so I could have less exposure to that four letter word lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course, right now in BC you need some flippers from what I've been hearing smile

Not this far south.  We have rain, but not nearly as bad as it is further up island.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I LOVVVVVVVE winters in Canada big_smile none here either, sup with that? eh!

38. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Eh?  Anyone seen Doug and Bob around, eh? lol

1. privateye2500 profile image41
      privateye2500posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They just showed up at the shack late last night.  They were down to 3 Molson and 2 Blue...asked if I had a jerry can so they could syphon some gas to start a fire on the road to dry their boots out.

I said sure, come on in...grabbed the chainsaw, got them some wood - handed Bob the jerrycan and asked Dougy to make sure they didn't fall asleep out there and burn up their snowmachne suits (those neopreens leave Nasty burns) - they had drank all but one Molson by this time; offered the last one to me and I said heck, just take this bottle of Glava - yous need it more than me!

So...they are well enough - I brought them out eggs and toast in the morning but they were already gone.  Could see they had one hell of a time though - partridge feathers EVERYwhere....

Lemme know if you see them soon, k?

39. Cagsil profile image71

I am on the East Coast, in Massachusetts and no snow here either, which is unusual for this time of year. It's not even cold enough here for it to snow. big_smile

40. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

I have never lived in Canada... only Quebec, and Newfoundland -- but I've been trying! wink

41. privateye2500 profile image41
    privateye2500posted 14 years ago

No we don't live in igloos

(But the kewl part is we CAN if we want too!)

Yes we get cable TV

(We also get satellite TV and Internet TV - even in the igloo, if we want!)

Yes we drink beer but not as much as .....well, yes we do

(We don't Need to drink as much beer because our beer is Strong and your (usa) is like water.  You get fatter, we don't)  :}

No, there is not snow all year round

(Nope, only for 7 months where I am)

and no, we are not all either Eskimos or Indians

(OR Quebec-ers EITHER!)

But we are friendly

(We sure are - and rather apathetic which is why the whole world loves us so much!)

We also wear long-underwear because we are Smart.  We wear toques, not *hats*, and we wear *gitch* - not underpants. (don't get those 2 confused please!)

Our men lace up their boots only to work or to fight.  Most of us like hockey a lot.  We get awesome free medical care with our high taxes (SO worth it!) and 90% of our country is still wild!

Well, even the parts with people are wild.  Our Military has Rocked in every war, but the USA news refuses to acknowledge us at ALL - except to make fun of us...mainly that we are all *uneducated, drunk, stupid and think the red green show is REAL!

Our Doctors and Nurses are great.  We have unsurpassed help/aid for those in need and therapy/aid for every family (NOONE gets left out).  - all (again) FREE.  Only France can surpass our social policies.  It's one for all and all for one.  And even Quebec sees that! If the poloticians would leave them alone and stop trying to rip them out of the country, all would be well.

Maybe they will - whenien Bouchard got the horrific flesh eating
    disease while trying to rip the country apart - well.....He moved to FLORIDA! LOL

I Loved my visits to QC - it is SO beautiful! - Like the rest of this great land - awesome beauty!

Canadians ROCK!  I LOVE CANADA!  The TRUE North Strong and Free.

IMO, Canada is the best country in the world to live in and having been all over the world, I know home is best.  A lot of Europe has class and style; grace and history.  I *might* choose France or Iceland second choices.  Love London but too crowded for me.  Nope.

It's Canada for me and yep - the whole world loves us (except maybe the usa when we don't cave in and send them everything for nothing) - like our water, trees, natural gas and all our many natural resources.  We gave/still give the USA so much for free that now they seem to Expect it and want MORE - All FREE.

Try and strong arm us will ya!?

Not very neighbourly now is it?

I think I'll draw a line through the USA and make all those tiny little states - say - 9 provinces.  See how they handle that for awhile! :}

Lol - all in good humor people.  Don't get all mean on me! "}

M/

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rhode Island could beat up Canada

Sadly this might be right.....

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hosers...eh

42. wyanjen profile image69

Some of my best friends are Canadians, so I can joke (lol)
    Is it OK to say Canada is America Junior?

We call Toledo "Detroit Jr."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)