New Article With 55 Page Views and No Adsense Click

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

I usually average 40 to 50 page views per day for all my hubs combined.  On a good day might go up a bit.  As the hubs age I have been seeing some improvement but nothing to write home about.

I checked this evening and I saw over 50 page views for the following hub, which has made my overall views much higher than usual. 
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Jamaica-Symphony-Orchestra

I have received Google Adsense income from another hub, but none from this article with high page views (at least for me).

Am I being smart-priced by HP or is there another explanation?

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The ads that I saw when I read your hub were all about airfares to Jamaica - so there might not be a good set of ads to mesh with your topic. Who do you think will be adversting for the Jmaica Symphony Orchestra? And that doesn't mean that I don't think your hub is good.

And quite frankly 100 views on a hub might not be enough to generate a click. I would consider this hub to be an entertainment hub, and those don't generate huge amounts of clicks per view. It can be very frustrating to try to make money using adsense. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I hope the hub does continue to heat up and that it does start to make some $$$.

glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the wise words.

CORRECTION:  100 page views overall for day for all hubs.  Yea, pitiful.  But I persist. 

Now you understand why I get excited when one hub generates over 50 for one day.  I usually get clicks for that kind of traffic.

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I see that you have mostly (really good) poems posted. They just don't tend to drive a lot of traffic, as you are experiencing, and very few clicks.

That said, if you have seen an upsurge in traffic to one hub, it's probable that there was some news item about it that drove searches up and is probably temporary.

As for why you have no clicks, listen to Nelle. She knows from whence she speaks! smile

Thanks for the kind words lrohner.

My observations on the above-mentioned hub were made when I had 99 hubs, of which only about 5 or 6 are poems.

I have over 6000 page views in 6 months but very little Adsense income.

Overall I have written on a number of topics.  I have recently registered with TKA but doing lessons too slowly. So my writing not yet reflecting their method.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have an overall CTR of around 1% - so 1 in about every 100 impressions. Remember that hubpages take 40%, so 100 page views only gets me 60 impressions. Not everybody clicks an ad, as simple as really.

I suggest that you read more about keywords, seo, backlinking etc; there are some great hubs about this. You are not suffering from a lack of clicks, you are in fact suffering from a lack of traffic; 6000 page views in 6 months just isnt very many at all for your number of hubs.

To put it into perspective.... I have 10-15 hubs which EACH generate over 50 page views each day.... but thats not necessarily because my hubs are better than yours, its because I have taught myself how to compete for search engine traffic....

Thanks for statistical and marketing perspective.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Don't worry the Keyword Academy will help you get your page view, traffic and adsense up. It's a great program. You're writing is great - with a different focus the money will start to pour in soon.

I've been lazy with TKA.  Need to pull out notebook and get back in class.

4. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

You are doing a lot better than me. If I get 10 clicks per day per hub, I'll be overjoy. LOL, not all of my hubs get click every day!

However, listen to the seasoned hubbers. They are have lots of experiences. Good luck.

Do you mean clicks or pageviews?

I do not average 10 pageviews per hub per day.  We are talking page views of 0.5 per hub.

Only 20% of my hubs generate page views, at rate of 1 to 5 page views per day.  Fortunately for me I still get Adsense clicks with the low traffic but very little.

Now you see why I get all hot under the collar when I see a spike in pageviews and not the corresponding click through.

5. Dao Hoa profile image61

I am still learning after 5 weeks.

Welcome to hubpages.  Best wishes for your success.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image62
      Eileen Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey do not panic  I am still learning things (slow)  after 2 years  and I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning
      Getting better at last. cheer up

6. Dao Hoa profile image61

Thank you.

7. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Traffic does not automatically equate to clicks.  There are lots of ways to make Hubs that get eyeballs which never convert to revenue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)