Really??? Human rights ??? your joking right.....

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (91 posts)
  1. profile image51
    bnwhuxleyposted 14 years ago

We dont have rights - its a world of control out there, all you drones out there buzzing around following the led set by no one in particular....

We wake up we go to work, we buy that latte coffee, we watch the news on the big screen LCD, we txt our friends on our spanky new mobiles we brought into the hype - we have been emasculated into drones....

Rights - its just an illusion, no one really has rights, if someone else has more money they have the edge - is still a feudal system and until we change our way of thinking and acting to something a bit more human we will never have rights, just an idea of what we think they are.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh brother...  roll

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. egiv profile image59
      egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go live in China and you'll find out what rights we have.

Have you?

3. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You had the right to say that rubbish

4. profile image51
      bnwhuxleyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote this and didnt expect so many narrow minded people to respond.. the post was about rights - do i not have a right to post my thoughts - am i having my freedom of speech taken from me allegedly thats a right. I've been insulted, i've been threatend , ive been ridiculed just for pointing out that we do not have freedom.

So i rest my case. you can all live in your lala land and feel free in your gilded cages

5. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...But I don't go to work... or buy latte coffee... or watch the news... and I don't own a mobile phone or a land line, let alone a spanky new one...

Does this mean I've discovered the secret to true freedom? lol

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Are you sure you want to go down this road?

Seriously, think about what you are saying.

1. profile image51

OK OK it seemed a bit dreary, honestly who here really feels free, and i mean you have nothing stopping you from doing anything...
      anyone?????

thought not.

What is stopping me from doing what I please? Do tell? If you think the laws prevent me from living my life, you are sadly mistaken. If you think religion has any influence on how I live my life, then again you are mistaken.

Please....let me know what I can't do? Since, you supposedly think I would want to do any of the things you suggest. Let's see if you know anything about my life or even your own for that fact. big_smile I await your response and just in case, you haven't read the thread thoroughly, I've already stated my case about my rights and which two I follow or adhere to, and how I see things. big_smile

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And besides, who says "doing whatever you want" has got anything to do with "human rights."

For me human rights include the right to clean water, to sewage systems, to affordable and adequate housing, to vaccination programs, to free public schools, freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion, absence of harassment, freedom from racism, bigotry, or discrimination, freedom of sexual orientation, the right not to have your phone tapped or cameras peering in your window, and others.

Not the right to do absolutely anything (of course as a Canadian / European, I would include the right to affordable health care, but let's not go down that road...)

lol lol lol

1. Friendlyword profile image59
              Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not trying to break your rule of putting words in your mouth...But, You sound like a very young arrogant teenager, that never really had to face real life. On top of that you assume to give others advice on living? It must be great being you! I hope you have the good fortune to live your whole life with that attitude. All the Love and Good luck in the World to you Baby Boy!

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Motion seconded

Thank you adsense, but it looks like I'm traveling down the same road I started earlier in this thread. I hate repeating myself, but if I have to, then I have to. lol roll lol

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Are you liberal or conservative, there's nothing in between!

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

except reason.

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear.

I sincerely hope there is a joker in front of that monitor.

2. profile image57
        C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PROFOUND

2. Eldritch Elegy profile image59
      Eldritch Elegyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if you're serious or joking.

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Your life doesn't have to be so monotonous. Sounds like you need a change.

lol cool lol Cole.

What's up?

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Hey not much. Just got outta work. Gonna go for a run in a second. How are you?

I am doing fine. Thank you for asking.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

"You have the right to remain silent!"

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

But not the ability.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

smile (despite myself)

Too bad he doesn't listen to his own words. roll

3. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

7. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

All ist dark und hopeless. There ist no rights und no freedom, only ze conspiracy-masters pulling your little strings. Dance, mine little puttets, dance! Mwahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

http://www.ugo.com/tv/best-sketch-comed … dieter.jpg

1. profile image0
      Chopsticksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahahahaha!

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went to see a German Stand up Comedian the other night.
      The first thing he said was"You zink zat because i am Jerman I vill NOT be funny?Let me assure you ve have VAYS to make you laugh".

LOL!

3. profile image51

You say your educated and well travelled and versed n all sorts of things, sorry you just appear to be a bit silly and not actually aware of what's outside of your little box in Cambridge. You asked me my age - because i said something you didn't approve- as age creeps up on me one thing i have learned is everyone is entitled to an opinion be it right or wrong, without fear of reproach, were you to kindly point me in a better direction or to gently suggest and tell me where my points are incorrect, i might just listen but given that your not taking that route all i can say is go sit in your box before i smack your silly bottom for being a petulant child in the skin of an old person.

8. Cagsil profile image71

I have two rights.

The Right to Life.

The Right of Choice.

Everything else is incorporated into those two. Any other right you can think up is covered by those two individual rights.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right turn?

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right of way,   Right here Right now, Right lane.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

No slipping in Van Halen lyrics

2. Cagsil profile image71

You don't make sense.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right?

2. tksensei profile image60

What happens when what you think is the exercise of those takes exactly that away from someone else?

I don't consider anything I do in a violation of others right to life or right of choice. You choose how to live your life your way, I don't want to stop you from doing it. I just want the respect to do it myself, without any interference from you or anyone else for that matter.

As long as I live my life by forming honest thoughts and creating honest actions, I have no fear of harming anyone or invading their life. And, I would expect the same from everyone else.

And, if you don't understand that......I'll understand.

You don't "consider" it so? And what happens when others consider it differently?

As an in what? Example- you can't simply make a conjecture statement like that and not give an example.

At any time- someone might think that I'm doing something that is not in their best interest, and one might be right, providing they have all the fact. If I did something harmful, like insult someone. Then, that is their problem. Words are harmless, it's the perceived notion and how you receive them, for which you let emotions run, therefore become insults.

When in fact- insults really don't exist. It's subjective to emotion and your own self-ego. Therefore, if you feel like you've been insulted, then get over it and move on with life, because it isn't worth wasting the effort of the emotion.

If I touch on a sore spot, do let me know. I'm not trying to offend you, even though you could perceive virtually anything I say, as an attack.

As in when you may "consider" it ok to kill someone you find inconvenient or unpleasant or a burden and thus deprive them of both life and choices and others do not "consider" the matter in the same way.

And again you take it to an extreme. It is not okay to kill.

Let's be serious. You don't have a right to take another person's life. And, don't bring abortion, because we already had this discussion.

Attention: A = B

Like I said, word games. If you plan on doing this, then it boils down to morals. A unborn child isn't a life.

Society as you so helpfully pointed out earlier had DEEMED the birth or a child born, once it is delivered. Some states have law(s) to determine it to be earlier in particular cases.

Do not talk about an unborn child, which is let's say two weeks along....a real life. It's not!

2. Bovine Currency profile image59

I think the equation you were looking for is if A then B.  Still wrong but just thought I'd clarify.  I know how you like semantics.

2. Bovine Currency profile image59

You said what about Afghanistan?

So far, nothing on this thread.

You understand the implicit argument though right, tksensei BA. Phil MA linguistics ?

The point is you are contradicting your self-professed genius authority on all that is morals.

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

All "human rights" are a product of agreement between people. Sort of a social contract. No agreement - no rights. smile

10. Cagsil profile image71

I'm done here.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man, you've been trolled.

11. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Sounds like an MTV pilot!

12. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

you still miss the point.  Have you no self respect?

Yes, I do. Are you going to start insulting me again?

again?

Yes, again.

Well if I did insult you, I am sorry.  I am really really sorry.  I hope you can forgive me.

13. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

page me up?

What's that suppose to mean? smile

14. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

it means  what page are we on is the forum ? the topic?

Oh, okay. big_smile

15. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

define human rights?

16. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

are they life liberty and the pursuit of happy things?

17. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'll somewhat agree with the OP's statement that we don't really have rights but (sorry, bnwhuxley) not for the same off-the-wall reasons stated.

We, in the US, live being told we have certain rights under The Constitution; but if we live in a state where courts, school systems, or other government entitities walk all over The Constitutional rights of citizens those rights are only "on paper" - nothing else.  If not Constitutional rights, then there are other rights people are supposed to have.  For example, some rights related to representation by an attorney.  Laws can say a client has a right to information, but if a court decides to put on a gag order, or if an attorney refuses to act in accordance with the client's rights; filing complaints with someone like the Bar Association can be useless.  In Massachusetts, the Bar Association says, "attorneys police themselves", which essentially means one attorney is more likely to take the word of another attorney in a he said/he said situation.  There is often immunity from lawsuit for people associated with the government; but at least, if I understand this right, New Hampshire does have a law that "wipes out" that immunity if a state-government employee/agency can be proven to have violated Constitutional rights.  I don't know how many states have that, or how easy it is to prove; but in Massachusetts if you can't find an attorney to represent you when your rights have been violated, or when the laws are written in a way that make violating rights essentiually ok; one citizen who has had his rights  violated pretty much has no rights in reality.

As for all that cell-phone, drones, working, stuff - that's ridiculous.   My cell phone, Blackberry or work aren't the measure of my rights or lack of them.

18. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

Alright.

I'm guessing you live in some form of a house. I'm guessing you either go to school or have a job. I'm guessing you have toilet facilities.

What you also have is;

1. The freedom of assembly
    2. The freedom of association
    3. The freedom of movement
    4. The freedom of religion
    5. The freedom of speech
    6. The freedom of the press
    7. The freedom of thought
    8. The freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures, which is related to the freedom of privacy
    9. The freedom of privacy
    10. The freedom to bear arms
    11. Suffrage
    12. Scientific freedom
    13. Academic freedom

Do you have all your basic needs fulfilled?

Let us check.

1. You can take care of all your physiological needs, right? You can breathe clean air, food, water, sex, homeostasis & excretion.

All of this you have. Unless you live in like .. Congo or Burma or somewhere.

2. You can take care of all your safety needs, right?

You have the security of: body, employment, resources, morality, the family, health and property.

All of this, you have smile

3. You are loved by someone, you have a family and you have friends, which fullfills you next need, belonging (friendship, family, sexual intemacy)

4. Esteem: self-esteem, confidence, achievement, respect of others, respect by others.

All of this you either have or have the chance to get.

5. Self-actualization: morality, creativity, spontaneity, problem solving, lack of prejudice, acceptance of facts.

In the US, we live in an environment which supports EVERYTHING I just counted up.

Still don't think you have any human rights?

1. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you know people were not just tortured in Iraq? Did you people in this country are just crop for state prisons?
      Do you know what the patriot act is? I wish all the things you listed here were true for everyone here.

19. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Well, the "freedom to use a toilet" is certainly a fine one "rolleyes:; but I've had more than one Constitutional right violated without anyone being held accountable (so far), including "illegal search and seizure"; as well as some others I'm not going to post here.   (Trust me, it's BAD, BAD, BAD. mad)   I was talking about Constitutional rights, not "human rights".   We hear a good story about Constitutional rights, but it is very possible to have them absolutely disregarded as if they don't exist.

1. profile image0
      AdviceDoctorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agreed with you.. I was directing my post to the author of the forum.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh - then (in the words of the late Gilda Radner's Saturday Night Live Character, Emily Lotilla - "never mind".    hmm     lol

20. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

how old dose one need to be to attain equal rights?

21. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

"I'm not taken in by stories I have heard.
    I just read the daily News
    and swear by every word"(Steely Dan).
    That's how most of us are....

22. ddsurfsca profile image69
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

Even though it seems like everyone is clowning you for your opinion, I tend to agree with you.  He who has the money, wins.  When the First Amendment, on through to the last Amendment, was written, they were meant to remain the say, but we have written so many changes into effect that our rights have gotten lost. For example, the Seventh Amendment gives us the right to traverse freely, unimpeaded .....  that one certainly means nothing to anyone.  We now have people losing their right to traverse freely by not paying their child support. 
       The only thing that you may not have taken into consideration is that you must admit that we have many more rights than most other countries.  So far as what our founding fathers intended, our rights have gotten lost.  If you think that is a bunch of crap, come and drive through Ventura County past midnight and see what happens to you.  Just the fact that you are out driving and not tucked into bed by midnight, the cops here figure that is probable  cause to pull you over, frisk you, rip your car apart illegally, and the reason for your being pulled over?  Oh your liscence plate light was not working, and to jail you go for resisting.  Of course they cannot file this with the DA's office, so when you get to court it is called a "missing complaint". By then you have been in jail for anywhere from two to four days if you are not rich enough to post bail.  No big deal, and oh, sorry about losing your job over it.  Maybe you should think about not driving past midnight like all the good citizens.  and if you werent on drugs, you would have been home in bed.  and so goes the attitude of those who "protect and serve" here where I live.  No, our rights have gotten squashed like yesterdays oatmeal.

23. Unicron profile image57
    Unicronposted 14 years ago

As George Carlin said, we either have unlimited rights, or no rights at all.

24. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

You are only as free as you choose to be. It is a choice, that comes from your own mind. If the way you see things is that you have few human rights because you have to go to work, do this and that, and buy this and that, then your life will probably never amount to much else.

You can do anything, i believe that anyone can do or be whatever they choose to. Also if you are greatful, you will have more to be greatful for.

It doesn't matter what other people say or think..I'm working on becoming an artist, writer, and making beaded crochet things, so that i can work from home, because that is how i would like my lifestyle to be. Those are things that i love to do, and i want to make my living doing what i love. And i intend on getting rich doing so, i know that i will, the proccess is already in practice.

My boyfriend is always putting me down about it, not in a nasty way, but in a 'get real, and get a real job' way. That doesn't really bother me, in fact, i pity him, because he is a prisoner to himself. He doesn't fully believe in me, but that means nothing to me, because i believe in myself.

I believe that i am love, power, and genius, everyone can be, if they choose to be. Those things lie deep in the hearts of every one, they just need to believe, and bring them to the surface.

Do what you love, make a plan for yourself so you can get handsomely paid to do what you love. That is one key thing to truly enjoying your life to the fullest.

25. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

True freedom is what you decide it to be, and living your life accordingly.. Buying latte's, going to work, watching the news, i don't understand why one would complain about such things, as they choose to do them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)