IS IT RIGHT TO MARRY A PREGNANT WOMAN?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (39 posts)
  1. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

Jean,am unmarried teenage mother had her first baby three years ago.To her dismay today,she is pregnant for her second baby.Though Charles the father of her baby and pregnancy left her.

Now there is an elderly divorcee who has no child and is willing to do anything to marry jean and take care of the unborn baby.

Do you think is wrong for jean to marry him?

share your matured views

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well for one thing why would Jean be dismayed? It's not like she wasn't pregnant once before!
      No I don't think it's wrong for an older man to marry Jean, if they love each other. Using care of the baby and Jean as an excuse to marry would be a mistake. If for some reason Jean can not care for the baby then she should give the baby up for adoption.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it were my daughter I wouldn't want her to put her baby up for adoption.  I wouldn't have wanted to do that with any of my babies, so it's really not a heartache I'd want for my daughter.  (One of my children is an adopted son, so there's nobody who knows the kind of bond and good parenting that can happen with adoption like I do; but I still wouldn't want my daughter to have to put her child up for adoption.

1. profile image0
          Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course as a parent you'd want what YOU think is best for your daughter as would I. We all want our children to be happy and prosperous. I would rather my daughter give the baby up if she intimated to me that caring for a child would be a burden or otherwise signaled that was the case by considering marriage to an elderly divorcee with which she has no love or relationship! Ultimately it's her decision and she will have to live with it, but we can't forget that whatever she decides will also effect another too young to share their views.

2. pylos26 profile image68
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course its alright for the old guy to marry the younger woman. Its been happening for a million years.

There is a trade off naturally...she's looking for support for her illigitimate kids and is willing to accept less in the form of a husband...and the old man apprantly is able to support her family and at the same time will have what he considers a trophy wife. He will end up smiling and she will continue to get laid by whom ever she pleases.

3. bettynewberry profile image61
      bettynewberryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it takes quite a man to marry a women who has children from another man, and is willing to raise them as his own. This type of man is rare. My daddy married my mom when I was just 3. My mom had me and 4 other kids all from different fathers and yet my dad took us all in and raised us the best he could. This man worked many a long day and night and more weekends than I can remember. This wonderful man taught me many things. Even my dads family embraced us like we had been his from the get go. Do you wana know why I think this man came into my moms life and became the daddy to us 5 children?? I know in my heart it was cause God sent him!! God knew we needed a daddy and that this was a good man. I am not going to tell you my dad did not drink or cuss or argue with my mom, cause he did all those things and more. But I do know this, any old punk can make a baby, it takes a man to raise up a child and try to teach them how to survive in life. I am 42 years old, my daddy is 64 and my HERO!!!! Where was my biological father you might ask?? He was around but he never did right by me and even when I went to stay with him for a summer I refused to call him dad because he was and will never be my dad. A dad is a man who provides for you and is there for you through all times, not some man who just provides sperm!!!

1. Stimp profile image60
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Believe me, from experience, it is doubly difficult to TRY to help raise another woman's children.  Especially when she is shooting venom into thier ears every time they come over.  This is CRAZY hard.

efeguyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your view is great

2. efeguy profile image40

your view is great.thanks

4. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does love come into the picture at all? If so then that is part of the answer.

5. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There must be more to this story, because based on what you've written here I don't see a problem with it. Are you implying that Jean is simply using the older man for security?

himitsu,that is the full story.the old man said he his in love and want to marry jean,not jean using him for security.

thanks for question and views

6. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it wrong for her to marry him? Who is to really say, what is wrong or what is right? Opinions are subjective and biased to one's own moral views.

If we account for the rules of morality- No it would not be wrong. big_smile

Thank you and have a great day.

7. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Buddy, that's up to you not us.

2. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

No, I don't think it's wrong. It's very important for kids to have a father figure. It's very important for Jean to have someone to take care of her. If they are inlove, or at least like each other very much, I think they should do it. Of course, if there are no feelings they shouldn't bother..

thanks for your views and welcome to hub pages,checking your hub and hope you check mine too and be my fans

thanks for your views and welcome to hub pages,checking your hub and hope you check mine too and be my fans

3. LOT2DO profile image40
    LOT2DOposted 14 years ago

Not a bad thing to do!

thanks for your view.checking our hub

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Sometimes it's difficult for someone to really say what's :wrong" or not wrong.  All I know is if it were my teenage daughter I wouldn't want to see her marry an elderly man.   I'm guessing, though, that the girl lives in some country other than the US and maybe is of a different culture.

I live in the US.  If it were my daughter I'd hope she would let me (or someone like an aunt or other close woman relative or friend) help her with providing for her young children.  I'd hope she wouldn't date or think about getting married until the children and she were older, and until she was better able to choose a good partner.

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I think she should get a grasp on her self control issues before she takes on more responsibilities.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jean's a kid.  I think she needs a sensible, caring, mother around, talking to her, helping her, and trying to help her understand why it's important she not have any more babies showing up on the scene in the near future.

(I wonder how old the guy who wants to marry her is.  I can't help but wonder if he's a good-hearted guy who may find himself with a ready-made family that may be more than he can deal with, or if he may end up with a wife who is too immature to hold up her end of the relationship.

6. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I know some people really shouldn't keep their babies; but the other side of that is that, as someone who has had two babies myself, there's no way I would ever want my daughter to go through the horror of giving away a baby.  My son's birth mother was a real "piece of work", and he was injured in early infancy.  Still, I'd hope "Jean" could have a mother or older woman around to help her, so she'd learn how to bond with her baby and take care of it right.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

If Jean is in love with the guy, it's a win-win situation for everyone. If she's just using him, it's wrong. My 3 children were very young when my ex and I divorced. I married a man who had no kids but who had always wanted them. He's sterile. He's been a wonderful father to my girls, while their biological father (to whom I often refer as the sperm donor) had little to do with them. Being a good father has little to do with the deposit of sperm.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Methinks he is speaking of himself. Go for it my man.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but he doesn't look elderly enough ! lol

2. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do too....Who is to say what is right and what is wrong with anything we choose to do?  Its what YOU feel is right...not what others feel is right.

9. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

It doesn't look like Jean has had a chance to get to know herself well or make healthy relationship decisions. For a marriage to be sucessful it requires two healthy people. Rushing into a marriage might not help for the long run. Just my opinion, Holly

10. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

If the relationship is based on love and trust, then yes. Differences in age, social standing, ethnicity, or anything else do not matter if the couple have found love. If mutual love is lacking, it is a recipe for disaster.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i couldn't have said it better myself.

11. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Sounds like he's more interested in having a child than having a wife.  Nothing inherently wrong with it, just don't expect it to last too long.  When the novelty of the child wears off (like as it continues to grow, they don't stay puppies) so will the wife.  Tough situation.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

as long as you love them and want a life forever with them of course you can

13. Mrs.Nita profile image60
    Mrs.Nitaposted 14 years ago

In life we make choices and we have to bear our own cross.  I think getting married to help someone take care of a child is the wrong reason to get married, just like a couple getting married because of a pregnancy is wrong. Now if, they are in love and want to be together that's different.  However if there are no feelings there then this man is just setting himself up to be used. I also wouldn't suggest adoption; as women we are stronger than we think and we backed into a wall we have what it takes to survive.

your view is great Mrs Nita

your view is great Mrs Nita

14. Cleanclover profile image40
    Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

yes he can marry no problems

15. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

thanks for all your views

16. AnythingArtzy profile image67
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

In any relationship it's not very good to just jump right in before getting to know each other but assumming these two know each other well enough and it's not a "needy" situation like any man will do to help support my children etc., and the man isn't taking advantage of her situation. I see nothing wrong with it. besides there is no law Biblical or otherwise against marrying a pregnant woman. I commend the gentleman for willing to take on another mans child and treat it as his own. Not an easy task for I was a stepmom for many years.

17. Sa Toya profile image82
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

it's a difficult one!

There is no real right or wrong.

I believe if they are in love and that love is based on trust intimacy (not just physical). Then why not. They shouldn't jump into it but take time to build a relationship.

To be honest its a decision for them to make. Nothing is wrong with marrying for the right reasons.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)