HubPages link exchanges

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (31 posts)
  1. belief713 profile image60
    belief713posted 14 years ago

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in exchanging links with our Hubs? It will help to boost our rankings in Google and also our HubScores so it will help us both out.

I have the following topics:
    Health (natural, vitamins, similar)
    Mothering (baby, breastfeeding, similar)
    Work at home jobs, making money online, home based business, some finance

I have a few other topics but those are the most popular ones. If you'd like to swap links, please email me (please include HubPages link in the subject line) and we can go over specifics. You can also reply here so others know you are looking to exchange links. Include your topics and a way of contact so others can easily find your matches.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Linking from one hub to another won't help with the SERPs.

Any HubScore boost would be negligible. It won't be permanent (the boost).

Seek outside links coming in.

1. johnr54 profile image49
        johnr54posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you really believe that, try removing all your tags on your hubs and replace them with just the same text in a text box. 

How do you think that hubs can get a PR of 2 or 3 without any external linking.  I have dozens of hubs with PR of 2-3, with only internal links from Hubpages.  Something is getting them to rank and accumulate PR, and the only possible source is links from other hubs and tag pages.  Internal links are a great way to boost your rankings.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Surely part of it is just HubPages high rep with Google to start with?

1. johnr54 profile image49
            johnr54posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter what site a page is on, if it has no inbound links it will have a PR of 0.  However, on a site like Hubpages, the internal links will easily give it much more PR.

2. slimmedtony profile image60
        slimmedtonyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have used this link and it works. It is FREE too. Good luck

http://simpleindulgence-learnmakeup.blo … -blog.html

2. darkside profile image63

I've got some blog posts up at YouSayToo that are health related.

Do you have any hubs on asthma or bed wetting?

3. harrist profile image59
      harristposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a lot of blog post spot <snipped link - do not promote hubs in the forums>
      come and visit so we can do the link exchange coz I I have no idea where to start or maybe you tell all about your blog thanks

2. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

link exchanges are actually not that helpful. If anything google penalizes them.

Quality 1 way links are what you want.

3. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

You might want to re-check your FAQ - Google only penalizes certain kinds and quantities of links smile

A single text link to another hubber's RELEVANT Hub is fine, as is pasting their URL into a links capsule (like the weekly HubMob). Exchanging links with other hubbers is just spreading some hublove wink

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Link exchanges are the bread and butter of quick ranking!

Its just smart and private behind closed doors.

Link exchange websites, yes they are garbage

Some paid services are very worthwhile, i believe Mark Knowles points out a few in his hub or blogs.

I have site A - give you backlink to site Z

You use site X to give link back to site A

- All one way!

5. belief713 profile image60

From my experience Google doesn't penalize links. In fact interlinking inside a site like HubPages (that's a supersite) boosts your hubs (both rankings and scores). And besides some links are better than no links regardless of which way you look at it. Yes, one-ways are always better.

Anybody know of any good link exchange websites?

1. Kmadhav profile image60
      Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is just a myth that google penalize the links.  Hubpages links are showing as backlinks for my sites and backlinks. Hubpages is a quality site with good content. All the articles on this site are unique and worthy. And no body knows that what link GOOGLE counts as back link or what he penalize. Interlinking of hub pages and linking with other site is a good technique. Do your best work and leave rest on Google .

1. darkside profile image63

No one has said anything about getting penalised, but that there is no advantage.

The links will show up. Why wouldn't they? They've been crawled by SE bots.

There are two ways it matters... 1) that there is real traffic and they click through, 2) that the information that the visitor is clicking through to, is of benefit to the visitor.

But when I'm getting traffic to my hubs I don't want them going elsewhere unless a) it's to Amazon or Ebay with a chance that they'll buy, b) they've clicked on an Adsense ad, or c) I'm sending them to another one of my sites or webpages.

1. mailxpress profile image50
          mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Darkside,
          I just recently posted links within my Hubs.  I used the link capsule, submitted the URL to my websites and blogs  which fit the same category.  I'm hoping to see an increase of traffic to my websites, blog and hubs.
          mailxpress

6. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I thought our groups got listed in *related topics* in the side window therefore listing others with similar articles hmm

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree link exchanges are great. Google penalizes links that don't make sense and that look like they are paid for. All of my sites are interlinked and I interlink a lot of my hubs.

That said there are already enough leaks on our hubs - related sites, forum posts - that I'm not adding any more.

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Such a system would only be worthwhile from extra-hub sources.

Im for it, but dont have the time to administer such a system (i have considered it many times)

9. lovelife999 profile image60
    lovelife999posted 14 years ago

link exchange is good but quality content are must !!

10. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I'd love Sunforged to jump back in and clarify this.

All the information I've read says that link exchanges are not worth doing.

The theory is that Google gives kudos to backlinks because they're an indication a site is worth linking to.  But if they can see Site A links to Site B, and Site B links to Site A, then it obviously has nothing to do with quality, it's just a swap, so they ignore it.

It sounds like something Google's algorithm could easily do, so it seems plausible.  Hence all the effort to one-way link in a daisy chain or a circle (e.g. Hub A links to Hub B which links to Hub C which links back to Hub A).

Has everyone decided it's all a myth now?

11. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

...The original poster isn't really talking about a "link exchange" program. What he is asking for is similar hubbers to link to his from there's and they link back. Thats not a link exchange program, thats as simple as someone referring another hubbers hub. Google DOES count these as links if they are relevant, regardless of being interconnected. The average time on site I found is around 33 seconds for my hubs, meaning people click links to go somewhere else. If you have more links inside hubpages that people wish to click, the higher the chance is that the human doesn't leave the site in any other way then through an adsense ad helping yourself(if your tracker is on and its within the 10% impression), or the hubber you changed with, or hubpages.

~thranax~

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not talking about a link exchange program either. I'm talking about two websites (or Hubs) exchanging links. Which is what the original poster is suggesting.

i.e. someone referring to another person's Hub or website, and that Hub or website referring straight back.

2. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks, good to know

12. belief713 profile image60

Thank you all for your comments, sorry I've been out of the loop.

Actually, I have seen that interlinking relevant hubs does help. The more links a url gets, regardless of whether or not it's the same site or not, helps boost rankings (for being found in Google). If you're trying to make money online, in this case with HubPages, you want your hubs to be found when people type your keywords into the search engines.

HubPages (users) have already done a great job at helping HubPages become an authority site by adding good content, but by interlinking our Hubs, it will help build even more authority. Yes, the related hubs links do help also, but links from others will also help (and of course external links).

I do kind of agree with darksaide in that I want people clicking on my AdSense ads, similar affiliate capsules, or going to my other hubs, but when linkbuilding, you have to take that risk of losing some of your traffic to someone else. But, remember, it all goes around, so you will also be generating traffic from other exchanges you've done.

Ideally, I'm doing this to help boost my individual hubs rankings.

13. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

From what I have found reciprocal links are worth close to the same as one way links up to a point.

As per Matt Cutts, there is nothing wrong with reciprocal links, however excessive reciprocal linking is often viewed as spam, in the same way as paid back links.

Of course, if you begin to excessively reciprocal link, then you may find your website banished to the depths of googles supplientary results!

I am off to london today, my US Visa interview tomorrow big_smile, but will discuss this more when I have time!

14. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

All of my hubs are new and have not had a chance to get their PR rankings yet. I'm sure they will have some next update as I have back linked all of my hubs some at least. Most I have back linked them a lot

I'm always open to exchanging links with other hubbers or web sites for quality RELATED web pages or hubs.

I would have to disagree somewhat with darkside. Yes you do give up some clicks, but you also gain some in return. So if its a fair link exchange the two balance out. Then if you gain some Google Juice from it all its a small net gain.

15. Internetwriter62 profile image75
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

If you would like to team promote, I'm in. So let me know what you want me to do.

16. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Internal linking from hub to hub can definately have benefits, though the links will not have as much have as much value as those from another domain.

17. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I am up for reciprocol linking - internal or external.  Email me x

18. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I thought interlinks are good to a limited number only! Thanks to all posted.

19. Peter Hoggan profile image70
    Peter Hogganposted 14 years ago

The simple and most common explanation is that Reciprocal links are of little worth as far as boosting rankings are concerned, especially for competitive terms. Anyone who has been in SEO long enough to remember update Florida will testify to that, also, they are typically more difficult to acquire than oneway links.  That is, unless you are interlinking pages over which you exercise editorial control, but then isn’t that why they were devalued in the first place!

But there are always exceptions, reciprocal links from within the same domain seem to be treated less harshly than reciprocals between different domains, just as well because otherwise it would kill internal site navigation.  So it’s easy to see why some people see reciprocals as beneficial and others don’t when benefits are conditional to context and usage.

It makes sense to interlink hubs that you have authored on a similar topic, it gives you more chances to increase Adsense and Amazon earnings as well as promote your pages in search engines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)